The future is a race between education and catastrophe. -- H. G. Wells

aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: It's NO

SubjectAuthor
* It's NOMighty Mouse
+* It's NOXeno
|`* It's NOMighty Mouse
| +- It's NOXeno
| `* It's NONoddy
|  +* It's NOXeno
|  |`* It's NOClocky
|  | `* It's NOMighty Mouse
|  |  +* It's NOClocky
|  |  |`* It's NOMighty Mouse
|  |  | `* It's NONoddy
|  |  |  +- It's NOXeno
|  |  |  `- It's NOClocky
|  |  +- It's NONoddy
|  |  `- It's NOjonz@ nothere.com
|  `* It's NODaryl
|   `* It's NONoddy
|    `* It's NOMighty Mouse
|     `* It's NONoddy
|      `- It's NOMighty Mouse
`* It's NONoddy
 `* It's NOTrevor Wilson
  +* It's NODaryl
  |+* It's NOTrevor Wilson
  ||+- It's NONoddy
  ||+* It's NODaryl
  |||+* It's NOMighty Mouse
  |||`- It's NONoddy
  ||`- It's NOClocky
  |+* It's NONoddy
  ||`* It's NODaryl
  || +- It's NONoddy
  || `* It's NOXeno
  ||  `* It's NOMighty Mouse
  ||   +* It's NOXeno
  ||   |`- It's NOMighty Mouse
  ||   +- It's NONoddy
  ||   `* It's NOKeithr0
  ||    +* It's NOMighty Mouse
  ||    |`- It's NOXeno
  ||    `- It's NONoddy
  |`* It's NOMighty Mouse
  | `* It's NOMighty Mouse
  |  `- It's NOClocky
  `- It's NONoddy

Pages:12
Re: It's NO

<ugfc7v$4nvu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28170&group=aus.cars#28170

From: me@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: It's NO
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 11:37:15 +1100
 by: Noddy - Sun, 15 Oct 2023 00:37 UTC

On 15/10/2023 10:06 am, Mighty Mouse wrote:
> Noddy wrote:

>> They've got no one but themselves to blame. They've done an
>> *appalling* job of selling this idea to the people,
>
> he was warned 18 months ago not to proceed without the Voice being fully
> detailed. that we were asked to give approval for something not worked
> out, then trust the govt to get it right afterwards was just ludicrous.

Indeed it was.

>> and when you get a bunch of Aboriginals stand up and say they don't
>> want it you know it's not going to fly.
>
> yes, that abos were not united behind the Voice was a big factor in it's
> defeat

I can't tell you how much influence that had on the outcome, but it was
certainly one point of contention. The *key* issues that I got in
conversations with various people was that no one seemed to see why the
constitution needed to be changed, and people were wary of where this
would all end up.

>> I hope he quits. I really do.
>
> not gonna happen

No, but it should. As Prime Minister Albanese should be seen as the
impartial judge who acts in response to the will of the people, but
instead he carried on like a used car salesman doing his level best to
pressure people into buying something they weren't sure about.

And it failed. Dismally.

And as a result of that massive failure he has *clearly* demonstrated
that he is totally out of touch with the will of the people. He has
squandered *millions* of dollars of public money chasing a personal
dream that means nothing to the average Joe at a time when they're
struggling to make ends meet, and his credibility as a leader is
completely shot.

The only truly credible course of action left for him now is to inform
the Governor General of his decision to resign and have his party elect
a new leader. But he won't though, because like most politicians in this
country he'll put himself ahead of what's best for the nation.

We can only hope that in the coming days this causes a revolt within
Labor party ranks and they see fit to flick him themselves. I mean, as
we all know they're great ones for flicking leaders as soon as someone
gets a bit of shit on their shoes :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: It's NO

<kp0qpqFguvU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28173&group=aus.cars#28173

From: me@thecheesefactory.com (Mighty Mouse)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 11:41:30 +1100
 by: Mighty Mouse - Sun, 15 Oct 2023 00:41 UTC

Daryl wrote:
> On 15/10/2023 8:04 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:

>>> ROTFL.
>>> Dutton had fuck all to do with it, it failed because the PM failed
>>> to explain how the voice would have made the slightest difference to
>>> Aboriginal lives.
>>>

>> **That is likely true, but has NOTHING to do with the fact that
>> Dutton drove the wedge.
>>
> I think you over estimate Duttons influence.
> I only know he was opposed, I never once listened to anything he had
> to say on the subject.
> When you looked at the pre vote polls it looked like many people were
> planning to vote on party lines but it didn't pan out that way, people
> made up their own minds.

they must have had 'independent thought'..

--
Have a nice day!..

Re: It's NO

<kp0rkmFllbU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28178&group=aus.cars#28178

From: me@thecheesefactory.com (Mighty Mouse)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 11:55:48 +1100
 by: Mighty Mouse - Sun, 15 Oct 2023 00:55 UTC

Noddy wrote:
> On 15/10/2023 10:06 am, Mighty Mouse wrote:
>> Noddy wrote:
>
>>> They've got no one but themselves to blame. They've done an
>>> *appalling* job of selling this idea to the people,
>>
>> he was warned 18 months ago not to proceed without the Voice being
>> fully detailed. that we were asked to give approval for something not
>> worked out, then trust the govt to get it right afterwards was just
>> ludicrous.
>
> Indeed it was.
>
>>> and when you get a bunch of Aboriginals stand up and say they don't
>>> want it you know it's not going to fly.
>>
>> yes, that abos were not united behind the Voice was a big factor in
>> it's defeat
>
> I can't tell you how much influence that had on the outcome, but it
> was certainly one point of contention. The *key* issues that I got in
> conversations with various people was that no one seemed to see why
> the constitution needed to be changed, and people were wary of where
> this would all end up.

exactly

>>> I hope he quits. I really do.
>>
>> not gonna happen
>
> No, but it should. As Prime Minister Albanese should be seen as the
> impartial judge who acts in response to the will of the people, but
> instead he carried on like a used car salesman doing his level best to
> pressure people into buying something they weren't sure about.
>
> And it failed. Dismally.
>
> And as a result of that massive failure he has *clearly* demonstrated
> that he is totally out of touch with the will of the people. He has
> squandered *millions* of dollars of public money chasing a personal
> dream that means nothing to the average Joe at a time when they're
> struggling to make ends meet, and his credibility as a leader is
> completely shot.

ITA

> The only truly credible course of action left for him now is to inform
> the Governor General of his decision to resign and have his party
> elect a new leader. But he won't though, because like most politicians
> in this country he'll put himself ahead of what's best for the nation.
>
> We can only hope that in the coming days this causes a revolt within
> Labor party ranks and they see fit to flick him themselves. I mean, as
> we all know they're great ones for flicking leaders as soon as someone
> gets a bit of shit on their shoes :)

and again.. apology for the lack of independent thought

--
Have a nice day!..

Re: It's NO

<ugfe5u$4nvu$7@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28180&group=aus.cars#28180

From: me@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 12:10:21 +1100
 by: Noddy - Sun, 15 Oct 2023 01:10 UTC

On 15/10/2023 11:30 am, Daryl wrote:
> On 15/10/2023 8:04 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:

>> **That is likely true, but has NOTHING to do with the fact that Dutton
>> drove the wedge.
>>
> I think you over estimate Duttons influence.
> I only know he was opposed, I never once listened to anything he had to
> say on the subject.

Neither did I. Or Palmer. Or Hanson. Or any of the "famous five". The
only person I actually did listen to in the "No" side was Jacinta Price,
and mainly because she was more than capable of giving concise
commentary without relying on emotional rhetoric to make her point.
Mundine was also very good, but I never saw him speak. I only read his
editorial and that of one or two others. But it was Jacinta Price who
was the star performer on the "No" side for mine.

For the record, there was complaint within Federal Labor ranks that some
MP's were refusing to be associated with the "Yes" campaign by failing
to hand out pro "Yes" literature or make supporting public comment about
it, and one can only conclude from that that support for the idea with
the Labor party itself was *not* unanimous.

> When you looked at the pre vote polls it looked like many people were
> planning to vote on party lines but it didn't pan out that way, people
> made up their own minds.

Thankfully.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: It's NO

<ugfefi$4nvu$8@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28182&group=aus.cars#28182

From: me@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 12:15:28 +1100
 by: Noddy - Sun, 15 Oct 2023 01:15 UTC

On 15/10/2023 11:41 am, Mighty Mouse wrote:
> Daryl wrote:

>> I think you over estimate Duttons influence.
>> I only know he was opposed, I never once listened to anything he had
>> to say on the subject.
>> When you looked at the pre vote polls it looked like many people were
>> planning to vote on party lines but it didn't pan out that way, people
>> made up their own minds.
>>

> they must have had 'independent thought'..

Get over yourself Felix :)

If you didn't carry on like such a dickhead at times and be *so* keen to
coat-tail onto the comments of your fucktarded mates you wouldn't cop
the criticisms you get.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: It's NO

<ugfeks$4nvu$9@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28183&group=aus.cars#28183

From: me@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 12:18:19 +1100
 by: Noddy - Sun, 15 Oct 2023 01:18 UTC

On 15/10/2023 11:34 am, Daryl wrote:
> On 15/10/2023 8:49 am, Noddy wrote:

>>> ROTFL.
>>> Dutton had fuck all to do with it, it failed because the PM failed to
>>> explain how the voice would have made the slightest difference to
>>> Aboriginal lives.
>>
>> Precisely. If *anyone* is guilty of fucking this up it's Albanese. If
>> he had an ounce of moral fibre he'd see this for himself and resign.
>>

> If what Trev is suggesting is true and there was a federal election
> tomorrow Albo might find himself becoming opposition leader.

Yeah, I dunno if I'd go that far. Albanese has made a pig's breakfast of
this "Voice" bullshit, but Dutton is extremely unpalatable :)

> It certainly doesn't look like people voted as per the wishes of their
> preferred party, if they did the result would be yes.

To be honest I'm not sure too many people saw this as a "party" issue.
At least that's not the impression I got from people I spoke to.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: It's NO

<kp0t45Fs03U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28184&group=aus.cars#28184

From: xenolith@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 12:21:09 +1100
 by: Xeno - Sun, 15 Oct 2023 01:21 UTC

On 15/10/2023 11:23 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 15/10/2023 10:19 am, Mighty Mouse wrote:
>
>> that pattern repeats. Labor gets in, projects are monumentally stuffed
>> up, money is wasted hand over fist, crime and debt skyrocket, the
>> economy is mismanaged, etc., etc., eventually voters get fed up and
>> elect the conservatives to fix the mess. then when things are running
>> smoothly again, and there's money in the bank, they elect Labor to
>> 'get things done'.
>
> People are stupid, and they deserve what they get.

Well, some people believed your bullshit tales. They only deserve what
they get if they *continue* to believe your bullshit after you were
exposed. Hell, your *seeming* unwillingness to front up with proof of
any sort must be a cause for concern for those poor clods.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: It's NO

<kp0tj4F10obU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28187&group=aus.cars#28187

From: me@thecheesefactory.com (Mighty Mouse)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 12:29:06 +1100
 by: Mighty Mouse - Sun, 15 Oct 2023 01:29 UTC

Mighty Mouse wrote:
> Daryl wrote:

>>> **The only wedge driven was by Dutton.
>>>

>> ROTFL.
>> Dutton had fuck all to do with it,
>
> yep
>
>> it failed because the PM failed to explain how the voice would have
>> made the slightest difference to Aboriginal lives.
>>

> but mainly because we didn't want the Voice in the constitution. we
> were wary of giving any more authority and power to abo groups. on tv
> recently one abo yes advocate said "we are not coming for your land
> and we don't want reparations". note that they had identified a fear
> we had with the Voice. and note the terminology "we" and "your". this
> is what 'we' don't want, a dual class of aussies, especially one based
> on race.

this is the sort of thing ppl were wary of ..
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12304769/Perth-tree-planting-event-axed-Aboriginal-corp-demands-2-5M-approval.html

--
Have a nice day!..

Re: It's NO

<kp0v39Fs03U7@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28193&group=aus.cars#28193

From: xenolith@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 12:54:49 +1100
 by: Xeno - Sun, 15 Oct 2023 01:54 UTC

On 15/10/2023 12:15 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 15/10/2023 11:41 am, Mighty Mouse wrote:
>> Daryl wrote:
>
>>> I think you over estimate Duttons influence.
>>> I only know he was opposed, I never once listened to anything he had
>>> to say on the subject.
>>> When you looked at the pre vote polls it looked like many people were
>>> planning to vote on party lines but it didn't pan out that way,
>>> people made up their own minds.
>>>

>> they must have had 'independent thought'..
>
> Get over yourself Felix :)
>
> If you didn't carry on like such a dickhead at times and be *so* keen to
> coat-tail onto the comments of your fucktarded mates you wouldn't cop
> the criticisms you get.

Oh, the irony! This from the bloke who, when his coat tailers are quiet,
utters nary a peep!

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: It's NO

<kp0v8hFs03U8@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28194&group=aus.cars#28194

From: xenolith@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 12:57:36 +1100
 by: Xeno - Sun, 15 Oct 2023 01:57 UTC

On 15/10/2023 11:34 am, Daryl wrote:
> On 15/10/2023 8:49 am, Noddy wrote:

>>> ROTFL.
>>> Dutton had fuck all to do with it, it failed because the PM failed to
>>> explain how the voice would have made the slightest difference to
>>> Aboriginal lives.
>>
>> Precisely. If *anyone* is guilty of fucking this up it's Albanese. If
>> he had an ounce of moral fibre he'd see this for himself and resign.
>>

> If what Trev is suggesting is true and there was a federal election
> tomorrow Albo might find himself becoming opposition leader.
> It certainly doesn't look like people voted as per the wishes of their
> preferred party, if they did the result would be yes.

With a referendum like this, people generally make up their own minds on
the issue. It's not like you need to follow party voting preference
order - you just scratch in YES or NO. And people did just that.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: It's NO

<kp1dt4F3k0sU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28234&group=aus.cars#28234

From: me@thecheesefactory.com (Mighty Mouse)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 17:07:29 +1100
 by: Mighty Mouse - Sun, 15 Oct 2023 06:07 UTC

Xeno wrote:
> On 15/10/2023 11:34 am, Daryl wrote:

>>> Precisely. If *anyone* is guilty of fucking this up it's Albanese.
>>> If he had an ounce of moral fibre he'd see this for himself and resign.
>>>

>> If what Trev is suggesting is true and there was a federal election
>> tomorrow Albo might find himself becoming opposition leader.
>> It certainly doesn't look like people voted as per the wishes of
>> their preferred party, if they did the result would be yes.
>
> With a referendum like this, people generally make up their own minds
> on the issue. It's not like you need to follow party voting preference
> order - you just scratch in YES or NO. And people did just that.

On the news just now Monique Ryan said, and I quote verbatim.. "the
referendum was lost because of the decision of a single individual,
Peter Dutton". How delusional can some ppl be!

--
Have a nice day!..

Re: It's NO

<ugg07p$c26j$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28235&group=aus.cars#28235

From: notgonna@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 14:17:55 +0800
 by: Clocky - Sun, 15 Oct 2023 06:17 UTC

On 15/10/2023 8:23 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 15/10/2023 10:19 am, Mighty Mouse wrote:
>
>> that pattern repeats. Labor gets in, projects are monumentally stuffed
>> up, money is wasted hand over fist, crime and debt skyrocket, the
>> economy is mismanaged, etc., etc., eventually voters get fed up and
>> elect the conservatives to fix the mess. then when things are running
>> smoothly again, and there's money in the bank, they elect Labor to
>> 'get things done'.
>
> People are stupid, and they deserve what they get.

Yes you are and you do, fake.

--
In thread "May need to buy petrol soon" Sept 23 2021 11:15:59am
Keithr0 wrote: "He made the assertion either he proves it or he is a

On Sept 23 2021 3:16:29pm Keithr0 wrote:
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if it is unproven, he is lying."

Re: It's NO

<kp1etjF33fcU5@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28238&group=aus.cars#28238

From: xenolith@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 17:24:51 +1100
 by: Xeno - Sun, 15 Oct 2023 06:24 UTC

On 15/10/2023 5:07 pm, Mighty Mouse wrote:
> Xeno wrote:

>>> If what Trev is suggesting is true and there was a federal election
>>> tomorrow Albo might find himself becoming opposition leader.
>>> It certainly doesn't look like people voted as per the wishes of
>>> their preferred party, if they did the result would be yes.
>>
>> With a referendum like this, people generally make up their own minds
>> on the issue. It's not like you need to follow party voting preference
>> order - you just scratch in YES or NO. And people did just that.
>>

> On the news just now Monique Ryan said, and I quote verbatim.. "the
> referendum was lost because of the decision of a single individual,
> Peter Dutton". How delusional can some ppl be!

Odd, I don't blame Dutton. FWIW, I think people made up their own minds,
just like I did.
--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: It's NO

<ugg138$c5ku$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28239&group=aus.cars#28239

From: me@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 17:33:12 +1100
 by: Noddy - Sun, 15 Oct 2023 06:33 UTC

On 15/10/2023 5:07 pm, Mighty Mouse wrote:

> On the news just now Monique Ryan said, and I quote verbatim.. "the
> referendum was lost because of the decision of a single individual,
> Peter Dutton". How delusional can some ppl be!

ROTFL :)

A Albor wannabee who is about as in touch with reality as Albanese. I'm
sure she'll make a great Prime Minister.

If she ever gets the chance :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: It's NO

<kp1h0hF40uhU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28246&group=aus.cars#28246

From: me@thecheesefactory.com (Mighty Mouse)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 18:00:32 +1100
 by: Mighty Mouse - Sun, 15 Oct 2023 07:00 UTC

Xeno wrote:
> On 15/10/2023 5:07 pm, Mighty Mouse wrote:
>> Xeno wrote:

>>> With a referendum like this, people generally make up their own
>>> minds on the issue. It's not like you need to follow party voting
>>> preference order - you just scratch in YES or NO. And people did
>>> just that.
>>>

>> On the news just now Monique Ryan said, and I quote verbatim.. "the
>> referendum was lost because of the decision of a single individual,
>> Peter Dutton". How delusional can some ppl be!
>>
> Odd, I don't blame Dutton. FWIW, I think people made up their own
> minds, just like I did.

of course they did. trying to blame Dutton for the result is ridiculous.

--
Have a nice day!..

Re: It's NO

<kp1iajF44k0U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28249&group=aus.cars#28249

From: nothing.to.see@here.com.au (Keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 17:22:59 +1000
 by: Keithr0 - Sun, 15 Oct 2023 07:22 UTC

On 15/10/2023 4:07 pm, Mighty Mouse wrote:
> Xeno wrote:

>>> If what Trev is suggesting is true and there was a federal election
>>> tomorrow Albo might find himself becoming opposition leader.
>>> It certainly doesn't look like people voted as per the wishes of
>>> their preferred party, if they did the result would be yes.
>>
>> With a referendum like this, people generally make up their own minds
>> on the issue. It's not like you need to follow party voting preference
>> order - you just scratch in YES or NO. And people did just that.
>>

> On the news just now Monique Ryan said, and I quote verbatim.. "the
> referendum was lost because of the decision of a single individual,
> Peter Dutton". How delusional can some ppl be!

Not so stupid, historically the only referendums that have passed have
been those that had bi-partisan support. 100% of those that didn't, failed.

Re: It's NO

<ugg67r$d489$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28252&group=aus.cars#28252

From: notgonna@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 16:00:59 +0800
 by: Clocky - Sun, 15 Oct 2023 08:00 UTC

On 15/10/2023 5:04 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 15/10/2023 7:20 am, Daryl wrote:

>>> **The only wedge driven was by Dutton.
>>>

>> ROTFL.
>> Dutton had fuck all to do with it, it failed because the PM failed to
>> explain how the voice would have made the slightest difference to
>> Aboriginal lives.
>>

> **That is likely true, but has NOTHING to do with the fact that Dutton
> drove the wedge.

Nobody gave a shit about what Voldemort had to say on the matter.

--
In thread "May need to buy petrol soon" Sept 23 2021 11:15:59am
Keithr0 wrote: "He made the assertion either he proves it or he is a
proven liar."

On Sept 23 2021 3:16:29pm Keithr0 wrote:
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if it is unproven, he is lying."

Re: It's NO

<kp1ko1F4litU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28254&group=aus.cars#28254

From: me@thecheesefactory.com (Mighty Mouse)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 19:04:17 +1100
 by: Mighty Mouse - Sun, 15 Oct 2023 08:04 UTC

Keithr0 wrote:
> On 15/10/2023 4:07 pm, Mighty Mouse wrote:
>> Xeno wrote:

>>> With a referendum like this, people generally make up their own
>>> minds on the issue. It's not like you need to follow party voting
>>> preference order - you just scratch in YES or NO. And people did
>>> just that.
>>>

>> On the news just now Monique Ryan said, and I quote verbatim.. "the
>> referendum was lost because of the decision of a single individual,
>> Peter Dutton". How delusional can some ppl be!
>>
> Not so stupid, historically the only referendums that have passed have
> been those that had bi-partisan support. 100% of those that didn't,
> failed.

I know but the effect of no support from Dutton is being greatly
overstated by her. voters were wary of the ramifications if the voice
got thru. even now activists are saying they're pressing ahead for a treaty.

Have a nice day!..

Re: It's NO

<kp1l04F4mlfU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28258&group=aus.cars#28258

From: xenolith@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 19:08:36 +1100
 by: Xeno - Sun, 15 Oct 2023 08:08 UTC

On 15/10/2023 7:04 pm, Mighty Mouse wrote:
> Keithr0 wrote:

>>> On the news just now Monique Ryan said, and I quote verbatim.. "the
>>> referendum was lost because of the decision of a single individual,
>>> Peter Dutton". How delusional can some ppl be!
>>>
>> Not so stupid, historically the only referendums that have passed have
>> been those that had bi-partisan support. 100% of those that didn't,
>> failed.
>
> I know but the effect of no support from Dutton is being greatly
> overstated by her. voters were wary of the ramifications if the voice
> got thru. even now activists are saying they're pressing ahead for a
> treaty.

If this referendum didn't get through, a treaty hasn't a hope.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: It's NO

<uggbmj$e5b7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28262&group=aus.cars#28262

From: me@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 20:34:10 +1100
 by: Noddy - Sun, 15 Oct 2023 09:34 UTC

On 15/10/2023 6:22 pm, Keithr0 wrote:
> On 15/10/2023 4:07 pm, Mighty Mouse wrote:

>> On the news just now Monique Ryan said, and I quote verbatim.. "the
>> referendum was lost because of the decision of a single individual,
>> Peter Dutton". How delusional can some ppl be!
>>
> Not so stupid,

ROTFL :)

It's absolutely ridiculous :)

historically the only referendums that have passed have
> been those that had bi-partisan support. 100% of those that didn't, failed.

Which is a really interesting coincidence (well, not really), but has
absolutely zero to do with the outcome of this referendum. The results
of this referendum had nothing whatsoever to do with party bias, and was
simply a matter of whether or not the people thought it was a good idea.
To claim it "failed" because Dutton was opposed to it is to give Peter
Dutton *way* too much credit.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: It's NO

<ugj0fs$1anbs$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28362&group=aus.cars#28362

From: notgonna@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 17:40:28 +0800
 by: Clocky - Mon, 16 Oct 2023 09:40 UTC

On 15/10/2023 9:29 am, Mighty Mouse wrote:
> Mighty Mouse wrote:
>> Daryl wrote:

>>> ROTFL.
>>> Dutton had fuck all to do with it,
>>
>> yep
>>
>>> it failed because the PM failed to explain how the voice would have
>>> made the slightest difference to Aboriginal lives.
>>>

>> but mainly because we didn't want the Voice in the constitution. we
>> were wary of giving any more authority and power to abo groups. on tv
>> recently one abo yes advocate said "we are not coming for your land
>> and we don't want reparations". note that they had identified a fear
>> we had with the Voice. and note the terminology "we" and "your". this
>> is what 'we' don't want, a dual class of aussies, especially one based
>> on race.
>>

> this is the sort of thing ppl were wary of ..
> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12304769/Perth-tree-planting-event-axed-Aboriginal-corp-demands-2-5M-approval.html

It's a fair point however in this case the Aboriginal Corporation itself
sacked that fucking idiot of a CEO for holding that event to ransom to
the sum $2.5m.

--
In thread "May need to buy petrol soon" Sept 23 2021 11:15:59am
Keithr0 wrote: "He made the assertion either he proves it or he is a
proven liar."

On Sept 23 2021 3:16:29pm Keithr0 wrote:
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if it is unproven, he is lying."

Re: It's NO

<095b36a4-2adc-44bd-ba95-e942a8c33bc3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28363&group=aus.cars#28363

Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 02:48:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: johnhhhinton7@gmail.com (jonz@ nothere.com)
 by: jonz@ nothere.com - Mon, 16 Oct 2023 09:48 UTC

On Sunday, 15 October 2023 at 01:21:42 UTC+11, Mighty Mouse wrote:
> Clocky wrote:

> >> They'll get over it. Give them time.
> >>

> > Yep, people have short memories.
> >
> >> In the meanwhile, the loss has put this issue on the backburner for a
> >> very long time.
> >>

> > I heard some Yes crybaby talking about talking to Dutton since he
> > mentioned something about having another referendum should they get in
> > next election.
> >
> > Since Dutton and his band of crooks are unelectable they can forget
> > about that happening.
> >
> Labor just lost the NZ election
Just as deserved!!.
BTW, it`s the *labour* party.