Never buy what you do not want because it is cheap; it will be dear to you. -- Thomas Jefferson

aus+uk / aus.cars / It's NO

SubjectAuthor
* It's NOMighty Mouse
+* It's NOXeno
|`* It's NOMighty Mouse
| +- It's NOXeno
| `* It's NONoddy
|  +* It's NOXeno
|  |`* It's NOClocky
|  | `* It's NOMighty Mouse
|  |  +* It's NOClocky
|  |  |`* It's NOMighty Mouse
|  |  | `* It's NONoddy
|  |  |  +- It's NOXeno
|  |  |  `- It's NOClocky
|  |  +- It's NONoddy
|  |  `- It's NOjonz@ nothere.com
|  `* It's NODaryl
|   `* It's NONoddy
|    `* It's NOMighty Mouse
|     `* It's NONoddy
|      `- It's NOMighty Mouse
`* It's NONoddy
 `* It's NOTrevor Wilson
  +* It's NODaryl
  |+* It's NOTrevor Wilson
  ||+- It's NONoddy
  ||+* It's NODaryl
  |||+* It's NOMighty Mouse
  |||`- It's NONoddy
  ||`- It's NOClocky
  |+* It's NONoddy
  ||`* It's NODaryl
  || +- It's NONoddy
  || `* It's NOXeno
  ||  `* It's NOMighty Mouse
  ||   +* It's NOXeno
  ||   |`- It's NOMighty Mouse
  ||   +- It's NONoddy
  ||   `* It's NOKeithr0
  ||    +* It's NOMighty Mouse
  ||    |`- It's NOXeno
  ||    `- It's NONoddy
  |`* It's NOMighty Mouse
  | `* It's NOMighty Mouse
  |  `- It's NOClocky
  `- It's NONoddy

Pages:12
It's NO

<kov3aeFl3qsU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28117&group=aus.cars#28117

From: me@thecheesefactory.com (Mighty Mouse)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: It's NO
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2023 19:54:15 +1100
 by: Mighty Mouse - Sat, 14 Oct 2023 08:54 UTC

as expected the referendum result is a defeat for the YES camp

--
Have a nice day!..

Re: It's NO

<kov3mcFl05hU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28119&group=aus.cars#28119

From: xenolith@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: It's NO
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2023 20:00:58 +1100
 by: Xeno - Sat, 14 Oct 2023 09:00 UTC

On 14/10/2023 7:54 pm, Mighty Mouse wrote:

> as expected the referendum result is a defeat for the YES camp

A fairly resounding NO vote by the look of it. It will be interesting to
see the final washup.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: It's NO

<kov8ibFm3jrU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28127&group=aus.cars#28127

From: me@thecheesefactory.com (Mighty Mouse)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2023 21:24:08 +1100
 by: Mighty Mouse - Sat, 14 Oct 2023 10:24 UTC

Xeno wrote:
> On 14/10/2023 7:54 pm, Mighty Mouse wrote:
>>
>> as expected the referendum result is a defeat for the YES camp
>>
> A fairly resounding NO vote by the look of it. It will be interesting
> to see the final washup.

the PM and YES ppl are on TV carrying on like the end of the world has
come. it seems to me they want to create two classes of Australians, and
that is wrong. we should all be equal whether we have some aboriginal
ancestry or not. it's wrong to try to create two classes of Australians
based on race!

--
Have a nice day!..

Re: It's NO

<kov9pqFlvd1U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28128&group=aus.cars#28128

From: xenolith@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2023 21:45:13 +1100
 by: Xeno - Sat, 14 Oct 2023 10:45 UTC

On 14/10/2023 9:24 pm, Mighty Mouse wrote:
> Xeno wrote:
>> On 14/10/2023 7:54 pm, Mighty Mouse wrote:
>>>
>>> as expected the referendum result is a defeat for the YES camp
>>>
>> A fairly resounding NO vote by the look of it. It will be interesting
>> to see the final washup.
>>

> the PM and YES ppl are on TV carrying on like the end of the world has
> come. it seems to me they want to create two classes of Australians, and
> that is wrong. we should all be equal whether we have some aboriginal
> ancestry or not. it's wrong to try to create two classes of Australians
> based on race!

The only washup I want to see are the actual numbers after all have been
counted. All else will just be handwringing and moaning. And, yes, I
agree with you on the above.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: It's NO

<ugdshk$3qou7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28129&group=aus.cars#28129

From: me@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2023 22:03:15 +1100
 by: Noddy - Sat, 14 Oct 2023 11:03 UTC

On 14/10/2023 7:54 pm, Mighty Mouse wrote:

> as expected the referendum result is a defeat for the YES camp

Good. It's been a massive waste of time and money, with the only real
outcome being a wedge driven into the community.

Well done Albo.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: It's NO

<ugdslu$3qou7$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28130&group=aus.cars#28130

From: me@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2023 22:05:33 +1100
 by: Noddy - Sat, 14 Oct 2023 11:05 UTC

On 14/10/2023 9:24 pm, Mighty Mouse wrote:
> Xeno wrote:
>> On 14/10/2023 7:54 pm, Mighty Mouse wrote:
>>>
>>> as expected the referendum result is a defeat for the YES camp
>>>
>> A fairly resounding NO vote by the look of it. It will be interesting
>> to see the final washup.
>>

> the PM and YES ppl are on TV carrying on like the end of the world has
> come. it seems to me they want to create two classes of Australians, and
> that is wrong. we should all be equal whether we have some aboriginal
> ancestry or not. it's wrong to try to create two classes of Australians
> based on race!

I haven't watched any of it, but you are 100% correct. The constitution
as it currently stands covers everyone equally, and there is no need to
single out individual races.

Unfortunately though, win or lose the public has been divided.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: It's NO

<kovbj5Flvd1U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28132&group=aus.cars#28132

From: xenolith@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2023 22:15:48 +1100
 by: Xeno - Sat, 14 Oct 2023 11:15 UTC

On 14/10/2023 10:05 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 14/10/2023 9:24 pm, Mighty Mouse wrote:
>> Xeno wrote:

>>> A fairly resounding NO vote by the look of it. It will be interesting
>>> to see the final washup.
>>>

>> the PM and YES ppl are on TV carrying on like the end of the world has
>> come. it seems to me they want to create two classes of Australians,
>> and that is wrong. we should all be equal whether we have some
>> aboriginal ancestry or not. it's wrong to try to create two classes of
>> Australians based on race!
>
> I haven't watched any of it, but you are 100% correct. The constitution
> as it currently stands covers everyone equally, and there is no need to
> single out individual races.
>
> Unfortunately though, win or lose the public has been divided.

They'll get over it. Give them time.

In the meanwhile, the loss has put this issue on the backburner for a
very long time.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: It's NO

<uge0iq$3rkp2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28137&group=aus.cars#28137

From: notgonna@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2023 20:11:32 +0800
 by: Clocky - Sat, 14 Oct 2023 12:11 UTC

On 14/10/2023 7:15 pm, Xeno wrote:
> On 14/10/2023 10:05 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> the PM and YES ppl are on TV carrying on like the end of the world
>>> has come. it seems to me they want to create two classes of
>>> Australians, and that is wrong. we should all be equal whether we
>>> have some aboriginal ancestry or not. it's wrong to try to create two
>>> classes of Australians based on race!
>>
>> I haven't watched any of it, but you are 100% correct. The
>> constitution as it currently stands covers everyone equally, and there
>> is no need to single out individual races.
>>
>> Unfortunately though, win or lose the public has been divided.
>>
> They'll get over it. Give them time.

Yep, people have short memories.

> In the meanwhile, the loss has put this issue on the backburner for a
> very long time.

I heard some Yes crybaby talking about talking to Dutton since he
mentioned something about having another referendum should they get in
next election.

Since Dutton and his band of crooks are unelectable they can forget
about that happening.

--
In thread "May need to buy petrol soon" Sept 23 2021 11:15:59am
Keithr0 wrote: "He made the assertion either he proves it or he is a

On Sept 23 2021 3:16:29pm Keithr0 wrote:
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if it is unproven, he is lying."

Re: It's NO

<kovmfjFoiu0U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28141&group=aus.cars#28141

From: me@thecheesefactory.com (Mighty Mouse)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 01:21:38 +1100
 by: Mighty Mouse - Sat, 14 Oct 2023 14:21 UTC

Clocky wrote:
> On 14/10/2023 7:15 pm, Xeno wrote:

>>> I haven't watched any of it, but you are 100% correct. The
>>> constitution as it currently stands covers everyone equally, and
>>> there is no need to single out individual races.
>>>
>>> Unfortunately though, win or lose the public has been divided.
>>>
>> They'll get over it. Give them time.
>>

> Yep, people have short memories.
>
>> In the meanwhile, the loss has put this issue on the backburner for a
>> very long time.
>>

> I heard some Yes crybaby talking about talking to Dutton since he
> mentioned something about having another referendum should they get in
> next election.
>
> Since Dutton and his band of crooks are unelectable they can forget
> about that happening.

Labor just lost the NZ election

--
Have a nice day!..

Re: It's NO

<ugeb4j$3tp1r$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28142&group=aus.cars#28142

From: notgonna@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2023 23:11:41 +0800
 by: Clocky - Sat, 14 Oct 2023 15:11 UTC

On 14/10/2023 10:21 pm, Mighty Mouse wrote:
> Clocky wrote:

>>> They'll get over it. Give them time.
>>>

>> Yep, people have short memories.
>>
>>> In the meanwhile, the loss has put this issue on the backburner for a
>>> very long time.
>>>

>> I heard some Yes crybaby talking about talking to Dutton since he
>> mentioned something about having another referendum should they get in
>> next election.
>>
>> Since Dutton and his band of crooks are unelectable they can forget
>> about that happening.
>>

> Labor just lost the NZ election

....and the Europe Now! candidate won in Montenegro but I don't see how
either are relevant to us.

--
In thread "May need to buy petrol soon" Sept 23 2021 11:15:59am
Keithr0 wrote: "He made the assertion either he proves it or he is a
proven liar."

On Sept 23 2021 3:16:29pm Keithr0 wrote:
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if it is unproven, he is lying."

Re: It's NO

<kp08d5FrqttU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28143&group=aus.cars#28143

From: trevor@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 06:27:34 +1100
 by: Trevor Wilson - Sat, 14 Oct 2023 19:27 UTC

On 14/10/2023 10:03 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 14/10/2023 7:54 pm, Mighty Mouse wrote:
>>
>> as expected the referendum result is a defeat for the YES camp
>
> Good. It's been a massive waste of time and money, with the only real
> outcome being a wedge driven into the community.
>
> Well done Albo.

**The only wedge driven was by Dutton.

Re: It's NO

<kp0bgoFsb33U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28144&group=aus.cars#28144

From: dwalford@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 07:20:40 +1100
 by: Daryl - Sat, 14 Oct 2023 20:20 UTC

On 15/10/2023 6:27 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 14/10/2023 10:03 pm, Noddy wrote:
>> On 14/10/2023 7:54 pm, Mighty Mouse wrote:
>>>
>>> as expected the referendum result is a defeat for the YES camp
>>
>> Good. It's been a massive waste of time and money, with the only real
>> outcome being a wedge driven into the community.
>>
>> Well done Albo.
>>

> **The only wedge driven was by Dutton.

ROTFL.
Dutton had fuck all to do with it, it failed because the PM failed to
explain how the voice would have made the slightest difference to
Aboriginal lives.

--
Daryl

Re: It's NO

<kp0bleFsb33U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28145&group=aus.cars#28145

From: dwalford@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 07:23:10 +1100
 by: Daryl - Sat, 14 Oct 2023 20:23 UTC

On 14/10/2023 10:05 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 14/10/2023 9:24 pm, Mighty Mouse wrote:
>> Xeno wrote:

>>> A fairly resounding NO vote by the look of it. It will be interesting
>>> to see the final washup.
>>>

>> the PM and YES ppl are on TV carrying on like the end of the world has
>> come. it seems to me they want to create two classes of Australians,
>> and that is wrong. we should all be equal whether we have some
>> aboriginal ancestry or not. it's wrong to try to create two classes of
>> Australians based on race!
>
> I haven't watched any of it, but you are 100% correct. The constitution
> as it currently stands covers everyone equally, and there is no need to
> single out individual races.
>
> Unfortunately though, win or lose the public has been divided.

Only 8 out of 44 referendums have succeeded over the years so it was
always going to be difficult to get a yes even if they had a good case
which they obviously didn't.

--
Daryl

Re: It's NO

<kp0e3nFsq4lU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28148&group=aus.cars#28148

From: trevor@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 08:04:56 +1100
 by: Trevor Wilson - Sat, 14 Oct 2023 21:04 UTC

On 15/10/2023 7:20 am, Daryl wrote:
> On 15/10/2023 6:27 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:

>>> Good. It's been a massive waste of time and money, with the only real
>>> outcome being a wedge driven into the community.
>>>
>>> Well done Albo.
>>>

>> **The only wedge driven was by Dutton.
>>

> ROTFL.
> Dutton had fuck all to do with it, it failed because the PM failed to
> explain how the voice would have made the slightest difference to
> Aboriginal lives.

**That is likely true, but has NOTHING to do with the fact that Dutton
drove the wedge.

Re: It's NO

<ugf2b2$2kb1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28151&group=aus.cars#28151

From: me@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 08:48:17 +1100
 by: Noddy - Sat, 14 Oct 2023 21:48 UTC

On 15/10/2023 6:27 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 14/10/2023 10:03 pm, Noddy wrote:
>> On 14/10/2023 7:54 pm, Mighty Mouse wrote:
>>>
>>> as expected the referendum result is a defeat for the YES camp
>>
>> Good. It's been a massive waste of time and money, with the only real
>> outcome being a wedge driven into the community.
>>
>> Well done Albo.
>>

> **The only wedge driven was by Dutton.

ROTFL :)

You are *so* far removed from reality that it's actually physically
painful to watch.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: It's NO

<ugf2do$2m8j$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28152&group=aus.cars#28152

From: me@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 08:49:43 +1100
 by: Noddy - Sat, 14 Oct 2023 21:49 UTC

On 15/10/2023 7:20 am, Daryl wrote:
> On 15/10/2023 6:27 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:

>>> Good. It's been a massive waste of time and money, with the only real
>>> outcome being a wedge driven into the community.
>>>
>>> Well done Albo.
>>>

>> **The only wedge driven was by Dutton.
>>

> ROTFL.
> Dutton had fuck all to do with it, it failed because the PM failed to
> explain how the voice would have made the slightest difference to
> Aboriginal lives.

Precisely. If *anyone* is guilty of fucking this up it's Albanese. If he
had an ounce of moral fibre he'd see this for himself and resign.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: It's NO

<ugf2f1$2m8j$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28153&group=aus.cars#28153

From: me@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 08:50:24 +1100
 by: Noddy - Sat, 14 Oct 2023 21:50 UTC

On 15/10/2023 8:04 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 15/10/2023 7:20 am, Daryl wrote:

>>> **The only wedge driven was by Dutton.
>>>

>> ROTFL.
>> Dutton had fuck all to do with it, it failed because the PM failed to
>> explain how the voice would have made the slightest difference to
>> Aboriginal lives.
>>

> **That is likely true, but has NOTHING to do with the fact that Dutton
> drove the wedge.

Why, because he said "No", like most of the rest of the country?

You're off your rocker.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: It's NO

<ugf2gn$2m8j$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28154&group=aus.cars#28154

From: me@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 08:51:18 +1100
 by: Noddy - Sat, 14 Oct 2023 21:51 UTC

On 15/10/2023 1:21 am, Mighty Mouse wrote:
> Clocky wrote:

>> I heard some Yes crybaby talking about talking to Dutton since he
>> mentioned something about having another referendum should they get in
>> next election.
>>
>> Since Dutton and his band of crooks are unelectable they can forget
>> about that happening.
>>

> Labor just lost the NZ election

Heh :)

Looks like they're on the nose all over the place. Who didn't see that
coming?

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: It's NO

<ugf2no$2m8j$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28155&group=aus.cars#28155

From: me@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 08:55:03 +1100
 by: Noddy - Sat, 14 Oct 2023 21:55 UTC

On 15/10/2023 7:23 am, Daryl wrote:
> On 14/10/2023 10:05 pm, Noddy wrote:

>> I haven't watched any of it, but you are 100% correct. The
>> constitution as it currently stands covers everyone equally, and there
>> is no need to single out individual races.
>>
>> Unfortunately though, win or lose the public has been divided.
>>

> Only 8 out of 44 referendums have succeeded over the years so it was
> always going to be difficult to get a yes even if they had a good case
> which they obviously didn't.

They've got no one but themselves to blame. They've done an *appalling*
job of selling this idea to the people, and when you get a bunch of
Aboriginals stand up and say they don't want it you know it's not going
to fly.

The money wasted on this Albanese fantasy would have been better spent
actually addressing the problems in Aboriginal communities that they now
about *now*, rather than on some ridiculous tokenistic bullshit that no
one wanted.

I hope he quits. I really do.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: It's NO

<kp0kknFtv4mU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28159&group=aus.cars#28159

From: me@thecheesefactory.com (Mighty Mouse)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 09:56:20 +1100
 by: Mighty Mouse - Sat, 14 Oct 2023 22:56 UTC

Daryl wrote:
> On 15/10/2023 6:27 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:

>>> Good. It's been a massive waste of time and money, with the only
>>> real outcome being a wedge driven into the community.
>>>
>>> Well done Albo.
>>>

>> **The only wedge driven was by Dutton.
>>

> ROTFL.
> Dutton had fuck all to do with it,

yep

> it failed because the PM failed to explain how the voice would have
> made the slightest difference to Aboriginal lives.

but mainly because we didn't want the Voice in the constitution. we were
wary of giving any more authority and power to abo groups. on tv
recently one abo yes advocate said "we are not coming for your land and
we don't want reparations". note that they had identified a fear we had
with the Voice. and note the terminology "we" and "your". this is what
'we' don't want, a dual class of aussies, especially one based on race.

--
Have a nice day!..

Re: It's NO

<kp0l8bFu2dvU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28160&group=aus.cars#28160

From: me@thecheesefactory.com (Mighty Mouse)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 10:06:47 +1100
 by: Mighty Mouse - Sat, 14 Oct 2023 23:06 UTC

Noddy wrote:
> On 15/10/2023 7:23 am, Daryl wrote:
>> On 14/10/2023 10:05 pm, Noddy wrote:
>
>>> I haven't watched any of it, but you are 100% correct. The
>>> constitution as it currently stands covers everyone equally, and
>>> there is no need to single out individual races.
>>>
>>> Unfortunately though, win or lose the public has been divided.
>>>

>> Only 8 out of 44 referendums have succeeded over the years so it was
>> always going to be difficult to get a yes even if they had a good
>> case which they obviously didn't.
>
> They've got no one but themselves to blame. They've done an
> *appalling* job of selling this idea to the people,

he was warned 18 months ago not to proceed without the Voice being fully
detailed. that we were asked to give approval for something not worked
out, then trust the govt to get it right afterwards was just ludicrous.

> and when you get a bunch of Aboriginals stand up and say they don't
> want it you know it's not going to fly.

yes, that abos were not united behind the Voice was a big factor in it's
defeat

> The money wasted on this Albanese fantasy would have been better spent
> actually addressing the problems in Aboriginal communities that they
> know about *now*, rather than on some ridiculous tokenistic bullshit
> that no one wanted.

that was one of the major criticisms of it

> I hope he quits. I really do.

not gonna happen

--
Have a nice day!..

Re: It's NO

<kp0lveFu6b5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28161&group=aus.cars#28161

From: me@thecheesefactory.com (Mighty Mouse)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 10:19:07 +1100
 by: Mighty Mouse - Sat, 14 Oct 2023 23:19 UTC

Clocky wrote:
> On 14/10/2023 10:21 pm, Mighty Mouse wrote:
>> Clocky wrote:

>>> Yep, people have short memories.

>>> I heard some Yes crybaby talking about talking to Dutton since he
>>> mentioned something about having another referendum should they get
>>> in next election.
>>>
>>> Since Dutton and his band of crooks are unelectable they can forget
>>> about that happening.
>>>

>> Labor just lost the NZ election
>>

> ...and the Europe Now! candidate won in Montenegro but I don't see how
> either are relevant to us.

that pattern repeats. Labor gets in, projects are monumentally stuffed
up, money is wasted hand over fist, crime and debt skyrocket, the
economy is mismanaged, etc., etc., eventually voters get fed up and
elect the conservatives to fix the mess. then when things are running
smoothly again, and there's money in the bank, they elect Labor to 'get
things done'.

--
Have a nice day!..

Re: It's NO

<ugfbdm$4hnb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28167&group=aus.cars#28167

From: me@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 11:23:17 +1100
 by: Noddy - Sun, 15 Oct 2023 00:23 UTC

On 15/10/2023 10:19 am, Mighty Mouse wrote:

> that pattern repeats. Labor gets in, projects are monumentally stuffed
> up, money is wasted hand over fist, crime and debt skyrocket, the
> economy is mismanaged, etc., etc., eventually voters get fed up and
> elect the conservatives to fix the mess. then when things are running
> smoothly again, and there's money in the bank, they elect Labor to 'get
> things done'.

People are stupid, and they deserve what they get.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: It's NO

<kp0q4mFcteU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28168&group=aus.cars#28168

From: dwalford@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 11:30:14 +1100
 by: Daryl - Sun, 15 Oct 2023 00:30 UTC

On 15/10/2023 8:04 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 15/10/2023 7:20 am, Daryl wrote:

>>> **The only wedge driven was by Dutton.
>>>

>> ROTFL.
>> Dutton had fuck all to do with it, it failed because the PM failed to
>> explain how the voice would have made the slightest difference to
>> Aboriginal lives.
>>

> **That is likely true, but has NOTHING to do with the fact that Dutton
> drove the wedge.

I think you over estimate Duttons influence.
I only know he was opposed, I never once listened to anything he had to
say on the subject.
When you looked at the pre vote polls it looked like many people were
planning to vote on party lines but it didn't pan out that way, people
made up their own minds.

--
Daryl

Re: It's NO

<kp0qbsFcteU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28169&group=aus.cars#28169

From: dwalford@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 11:34:04 +1100
 by: Daryl - Sun, 15 Oct 2023 00:34 UTC

On 15/10/2023 8:49 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 15/10/2023 7:20 am, Daryl wrote:

>>> **The only wedge driven was by Dutton.
>>>

>> ROTFL.
>> Dutton had fuck all to do with it, it failed because the PM failed to
>> explain how the voice would have made the slightest difference to
>> Aboriginal lives.
>
> Precisely. If *anyone* is guilty of fucking this up it's Albanese. If he
> had an ounce of moral fibre he'd see this for himself and resign.

If what Trev is suggesting is true and there was a federal election
tomorrow Albo might find himself becoming opposition leader.
It certainly doesn't look like people voted as per the wishes of their
preferred party, if they did the result would be yes.
--
Daryl

aus+uk / aus.cars / It's NO

Pages:12