Statistics means never having to say you're certain.

aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: The waiting game continues....

SubjectAuthor
* The waiting game continues....Noddy
+* The waiting game continues....Daryl
|`- The waiting game continues....Noddy
+* The waiting game continues....Xeno
|+* The waiting game continues....Yosemite Sam
||`* The waiting game continues....Xeno
|| `* The waiting game continues....lindsay
||  `* The waiting game continues....Noddy
||   `- The waiting game continues....alvey
|`* The waiting game continues....lindsay
| `* The waiting game continues....Noddy
|  `- The waiting game continues....Xeno
+* The waiting game continues....lindsay
|`* The waiting game continues....Noddy
| +- The waiting game continues....Xeno
| `- The waiting game continues....alvey
`* The waiting game continues....lindsay
 +- The waiting game continues....Yosemite Sam
 +* The waiting game continues....Noddy
 |`* The waiting game continues....Daryl
 | +* The waiting game continues....Noddy
 | |`- The waiting game continues....Daryl
 | +* The waiting game continues....alvey
 | |`- The waiting game continues....Keithr0
 | `* The waiting game continues....Keithr0
 |  `- The waiting game continues....Daryl
 `* The waiting game continues....lindsay
  `- The waiting game continues....Noddy

Pages:12
Re: The waiting game continues....

<ke7h2vFu1p8U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24479&group=aus.cars#24479

From: dwalford@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: The waiting game continues....
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2023 11:39:43 +1000
 by: Daryl - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 01:39 UTC

On 6/6/2023 10:28 am, Keithr0 wrote:
> On 5/06/2023 7:26 pm, Daryl wrote:
>
>> Bugger, don't know if I'm better off or worse than you, I have a very
>> bad toothache due to a wisdom tooth my dentist tried to save that is
>> still stuffed despite their best efforts, having it out tomorrow, not
>> looking forward to it at all.
>
> You have my sympathy, I had one go bad the week after the only dentist
> left Woomera. The nearest that I could get it fixed was Whyalla a bit
> over 250Km away, including about 100Km of dirt. My car was off the road
> but a friend lent me his EH, unfortunately he didn't mention the crook
> fuel gauge, and we ran out of petrol about 20Km north of Port Augusta
> with the gauge showing a quarter full. I had to leave the wife and kids
> in the car while I hitched a ride into town for fuel.
>
> The dentist informed me that because the tooth was badly impacted, he'd
> have to pull the perfectly good one next to it in order to get the bad
> one out, when you've got your mouth jammed open and numb, it's hard to
> argue. Afterward he told me that he'd had to put a couple of stitches in
> the gum and I'd need to come back next day for him to check. We managed
> to get a room for the night in a pub, next day he took a 10 second look
> and we were off.
>
> It was the hottest trip that I've ever done, mid-summer in the SA
> desert, we managed to get a bag of ice in Port Augusta, and fed the kids
> with lumps to suck on, the kids were ratty, the wife was ratty, I was
> bloody glad to get home.
>
> My friend had said that he wanted to swap one wheel for the spare so I
> decided to do it for him. That's when I found that the wheel (put on by
> a "Tyre service") had one nut cross threaded, and another put on back to
> front!
>
> A lot of "Fun" for one bloody tooth.

Shit, doesn't sound like fun at all.
--
Daryl

Re: The waiting game continues....

<PpzgM.6516$3C3e.1400@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24575&group=aus.cars#24575

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: nope@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2023 16:13:01 +1000
 by: lindsay - Fri, 9 Jun 2023 06:13 UTC

On 5/06/2023 5:54 pm, lindsay wrote:
> On 31/05/2023 2:45 pm, Noddy wrote:
>> On 2/05/2023 2:53 pm, Noddy wrote:
>>> Just received an email from the dealer, not Ford Australia :), that
>>> my new Ranger was actually built at the end of March and has spent
>>> the last month sitting in a holding yard in Thailand along with
>>> thousands of others while they wait for vessels to become available.
>>
>> and I know that's fucking stacks of you :)
>>
>> The new ute finally made it onto a car carrying vessel called "Grand
>> Quest", and is currently docked in Freemantle unloading it's West
>> Australian shipment of new cars. It's scheduled to leave tonight and
>> head to Melbourne where it will hopefully dock on the 5th of June.
>
> Currently swanning around outside the heads, drifting for flathead...
>
> Now not due to dock until the ninth... Grand Quest 09/6/23 10:30

And now 12/06 @ 3.30am. Seems there was/is a couple of queue jumpers...
a week delay.. fark. glad I'm not paying the fuel and wages bill...

Re: The waiting game continues....

<u5v0do$1ss2h$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24582&group=aus.cars#24582

From: me@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2023 20:54:47 +1000
 by: Noddy - Fri, 9 Jun 2023 10:54 UTC

On 9/06/2023 4:13 pm, lindsay wrote:
> On 5/06/2023 5:54 pm, lindsay wrote:
>>>
>>> and I know that's fucking stacks of you :)
>>>
>>> The new ute finally made it onto a car carrying vessel called "Grand
>>> Quest", and is currently docked in Freemantle unloading it's West
>>> Australian shipment of new cars. It's scheduled to leave tonight and
>>> head to Melbourne where it will hopefully dock on the 5th of June.
>>
>> Currently swanning around outside the heads, drifting for flathead...
>>
>> Now not due to dock until the ninth... Grand Quest 09/6/23 10:30
>
> And now 12/06 @ 3.30am. Seems there was/is a couple of queue jumpers...
> a week delay.. fark. glad I'm not paying the fuel and wages bill...

Yeah, it must suck for the shipping companies. They have to have the
rags on about having their boats at anchor for so long while waiting for
a berth, and in fact there was a rumour getting around a couple of weeks
ago that they were thinking of boycotting Melbourne for a while until
the backlog has cleared.

I'm glad my ute's made it here before they do that, but I'm fucked if I
know when I'm going to see it.

Regards,
Noddy.