"Trust me": Translation of the Latin "caveat emptor."

aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: The waiting game continues....

SubjectAuthor
* The waiting game continues....Noddy
+* The waiting game continues....Daryl
|`- The waiting game continues....Noddy
+* The waiting game continues....Xeno
|+* The waiting game continues....Yosemite Sam
||`* The waiting game continues....Xeno
|| `* The waiting game continues....lindsay
||  `* The waiting game continues....Noddy
||   `- The waiting game continues....alvey
|`* The waiting game continues....lindsay
| `* The waiting game continues....Noddy
|  `- The waiting game continues....Xeno
+* The waiting game continues....lindsay
|`* The waiting game continues....Noddy
| +- The waiting game continues....Xeno
| `- The waiting game continues....alvey
`* The waiting game continues....lindsay
 +- The waiting game continues....Yosemite Sam
 +* The waiting game continues....Noddy
 |`* The waiting game continues....Daryl
 | +* The waiting game continues....Noddy
 | |`- The waiting game continues....Daryl
 | +* The waiting game continues....alvey
 | |`- The waiting game continues....Keithr0
 | `* The waiting game continues....Keithr0
 |  `- The waiting game continues....Daryl
 `* The waiting game continues....lindsay
  `- The waiting game continues....Noddy

Pages:12
Re: The waiting game continues....

<u56jdm$2a9ba$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24448&group=aus.cars#24448

From: me@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: The waiting game continues....
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 14:45:43 +1000
 by: Noddy - Wed, 31 May 2023 04:45 UTC

On 2/05/2023 2:53 pm, Noddy wrote:
> Just received an email from the dealer, not Ford Australia :), that my
> new Ranger was actually built at the end of March and has spent the last
> month sitting in a holding yard in Thailand along with thousands of
> others while they wait for vessels to become available.

Got an update for all those interested parties following the progress,
and I know that's fucking stacks of you :)

The new ute finally made it onto a car carrying vessel called "Grand
Quest", and is currently docked in Freemantle unloading it's West
Australian shipment of new cars. It's scheduled to leave tonight and
head to Melbourne where it will hopefully dock on the 5th of June.

All being well and there being no quarantine issues there is about a
week long backlog just to transport cars off the waterfront and to the
dealerships, and the dealer advises that they expect to have it on site
by the 14th.

Fingers crossed. I'm getting sick of not having a ute....

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: The waiting game continues....

<kdo3o7Fil0tU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24449&group=aus.cars#24449

From: dwalford@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 15:20:07 +1000
 by: Daryl - Wed, 31 May 2023 05:20 UTC

On 31/5/2023 2:45 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 2/05/2023 2:53 pm, Noddy wrote:
>> Just received an email from the dealer, not Ford Australia :), that my
>> new Ranger was actually built at the end of March and has spent the
>> last month sitting in a holding yard in Thailand along with thousands
>> of others while they wait for vessels to become available.
>
> Got an update for all those interested parties following the progress,
> and I know that's fucking stacks of you :)
>
> The new ute finally made it onto a car carrying vessel called "Grand
> Quest", and is currently docked in Freemantle unloading it's West
> Australian shipment of new cars. It's scheduled to leave tonight and
> head to Melbourne where it will hopefully dock on the 5th of June.
>
> All being well and there being no quarantine issues there is about a
> week long backlog just to transport cars off the waterfront and to the
> dealerships, and the dealer advises that they expect to have it on site
> by the 14th.
>
> Fingers crossed. I'm getting sick of not having a ute....

Glad I'm not in the market for a new car, sounds like a hell of an ordeal.

--
Daryl

Re: The waiting game continues....

<kdogp4FkjusU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24450&group=aus.cars#24450

From: xenolith@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 19:02:28 +1000
 by: Xeno - Wed, 31 May 2023 09:02 UTC

On 31/5/2023 2:45 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 2/05/2023 2:53 pm, Noddy wrote:
>> Just received an email from the dealer, not Ford Australia :), that my
>> new Ranger was actually built at the end of March and has spent the
>> last month sitting in a holding yard in Thailand along with thousands
>> of others while they wait for vessels to become available.
>
> Got an update for all those interested parties following the progress,
> and I know that's fucking stacks of you :)
>
> The new ute finally made it onto a car carrying vessel called "Grand
> Quest", and is currently docked in Freemantle unloading it's West
> Australian shipment of new cars. It's scheduled to leave tonight and
> head to Melbourne where it will hopefully dock on the 5th of June.
>
> All being well and there being no quarantine issues there is about a
> week long backlog just to transport cars off the waterfront and to the
> dealerships, and the dealer advises that they expect to have it on site
> by the 14th.
>
> Fingers crossed. I'm getting sick of not having a ute....

So why sell off the ute you had *before* the replacement arrived?

Hang about, no need to answer, it's obvious. Your old ute was a *Navara*
and, at 100k+ kilometres, it was well past its *use by date* and
preparing to detonate the engine at any time. You took the safe option
and sold it off while it was still running.

It heartens me greatly to see you took our warnings seriously and got
shed of the heap of shit before it turned itself into a smoking and
immobile lump of scrap iron.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: The waiting game continues....

<kdoj1oFkv6lU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24451&group=aus.cars#24451

From: felix@goaway.now (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 19:41:11 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Wed, 31 May 2023 09:41 UTC

Xeno wrote:
> On 31/5/2023 2:45 pm, Noddy wrote:
>> On 2/05/2023 2:53 pm, Noddy wrote:
>>> Just received an email from the dealer, not Ford Australia :), that
>>> my new Ranger was actually built at the end of March and has spent
>>> the last month sitting in a holding yard in Thailand along with
>>> thousands of others while they wait for vessels to become available.
>>
>> Got an update for all those interested parties following the
>> progress, and I know that's fucking stacks of you :)
>>
>> The new ute finally made it onto a car carrying vessel called "Grand
>> Quest", and is currently docked in Freemantle unloading it's West
>> Australian shipment of new cars. It's scheduled to leave tonight and
>> head to Melbourne where it will hopefully dock on the 5th of June.
>>
>> All being well and there being no quarantine issues there is about a
>> week long backlog just to transport cars off the waterfront and to
>> the dealerships, and the dealer advises that they expect to have it
>> on site by the 14th.
>>
>> Fingers crossed. I'm getting sick of not having a ute....
>>
> So why sell off the ute you had *before* the replacement arrived?

because he's dumb??  :)

used car prices are rising! I just got my insurance renewal certificate
for this year for the Lancer, and the sum insured increased from $17,700
last year to $19,400 this year, which is $2,000 more than I paid for it
new in 2019! my insurer told me that the value of used cars has
increased because buyers of new cars have a long wait for them, in some
cases up to 4 years for popular models, so ppl are resorting to buying
used cars, increasing demand for them, and so they command higher
prices. they even told me that based on the condition and mileage of my
Lancer I could insure it for $23,500 if I want to! had noddy waited
until his new ute arrived before selling his current one, which would
have been the logical thing to do, he coulda got more for it. unless
there was some reason why he had to sell it when he did, of course.

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam
FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: The waiting game continues....

<u57ac7$2co1c$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24452&group=aus.cars#24452

From: me@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 21:17:27 +1000
 by: Noddy - Wed, 31 May 2023 11:17 UTC

On 31/05/2023 3:20 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 31/5/2023 2:45 pm, Noddy wrote:
>> On 2/05/2023 2:53 pm, Noddy wrote:
>>> Just received an email from the dealer, not Ford Australia :), that
>>> my new Ranger was actually built at the end of March and has spent
>>> the last month sitting in a holding yard in Thailand along with
>>> thousands of others while they wait for vessels to become available.
>>
>> Got an update for all those interested parties following the progress,
>> and I know that's fucking stacks of you :)
>>
>> The new ute finally made it onto a car carrying vessel called "Grand
>> Quest", and is currently docked in Freemantle unloading it's West
>> Australian shipment of new cars. It's scheduled to leave tonight and
>> head to Melbourne where it will hopefully dock on the 5th of June.
>>
>> All being well and there being no quarantine issues there is about a
>> week long backlog just to transport cars off the waterfront and to the
>> dealerships, and the dealer advises that they expect to have it on
>> site by the 14th.
>>
>> Fingers crossed. I'm getting sick of not having a ute....
>>

> Glad I'm not in the market for a new car, sounds like a hell of an ordeal.

Right pain in the arse to be honest, but at least the end is in sight.
Hopefully it is, anyway.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: The waiting game continues....

<kdop5vFll9kU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24453&group=aus.cars#24453

From: xenolith@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 21:25:51 +1000
 by: Xeno - Wed, 31 May 2023 11:25 UTC

On 31/5/2023 7:41 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> Xeno wrote:
>>>
>>> Got an update for all those interested parties following the
>>> progress, and I know that's fucking stacks of you :)
>>>
>>> The new ute finally made it onto a car carrying vessel called "Grand
>>> Quest", and is currently docked in Freemantle unloading it's West
>>> Australian shipment of new cars. It's scheduled to leave tonight and
>>> head to Melbourne where it will hopefully dock on the 5th of June.
>>>
>>> All being well and there being no quarantine issues there is about a
>>> week long backlog just to transport cars off the waterfront and to
>>> the dealerships, and the dealer advises that they expect to have it
>>> on site by the 14th.
>>>
>>> Fingers crossed. I'm getting sick of not having a ute....
>>>
>> So why sell off the ute you had *before* the replacement arrived?
>
> because he's dumb??  :)

That's for sure! But he isn't buying a Nissan Navara this time round so
he has proven he is capable of listening to good advice rather than
relying on his own judgement. Happy to be of service! ;-)

> used car prices are rising! I just got my insurance renewal certificate
> for this year for the Lancer, and the sum insured increased from $17,700
> last year to $19,400 this year, which is $2,000 more than I paid for it
> new in 2019! my insurer told me that the value of used cars has
> increased because buyers of new cars have a long wait for them, in some
> cases up to 4 years for popular models, so ppl are resorting to buying

Well, Nissans appear not to be popular models. A brochure appeared in my
letter box today.

"Purchase a new Nissan Navara and have it delivered before June 30
to take advantage of the Tax Write Off for elligible businesses."

Now I feel sure they aren't talking about delivery in 2024 or 2025 and
June 30 *this year* is but a mere month away. Would it be fair to say
that demand for the Navara is such that they are readily available for
*instant delivery*. - no wait lists. Maybe all those potential Navara
buyers don't like time bombs parked in their garages, are voting with
their wallets, and buying Rangers and Hiluxes instead. Sure looks like
it. Both *former* Navara owners here seem to have learnt their lessons
and are prepared to tolerate wait lists of up to a year in order to get
a *decent ute*.

> used cars, increasing demand for them, and so they command higher
> prices. they even told me that based on the condition and mileage of my
> Lancer I could insure it for $23,500 if I want to! had noddy waited
> until his new ute arrived before selling his current one, which would
> have been the logical thing to do, he coulda got more for it. unless
> there was some reason why he had to sell it when he did, of course.

Nissan Navaras are like sticks of dynamite. As they age they become
unstable and self prime for an explosion. With the Navara, that
instability starts at around 100k kilometres.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: The waiting game continues....

<6zQdM.517082$0dpc.18096@fx33.iad>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24454&group=aus.cars#24454

From: nope@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 09:16:17 +1000
 by: lindsay - Wed, 31 May 2023 23:16 UTC

On 31/05/2023 2:45 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 2/05/2023 2:53 pm, Noddy wrote:
>> Just received an email from the dealer, not Ford Australia :), that my
>> new Ranger was actually built at the end of March and has spent the
>> last month sitting in a holding yard in Thailand along with thousands
>> of others while they wait for vessels to become available.
>
> Got an update for all those interested parties following the progress,
> and I know that's fucking stacks of you :)
>
> The new ute finally made it onto a car carrying vessel called "Grand
> Quest", and is currently docked in Freemantle

Careful, you know what happens when someone makes a typo.. all sorts of
fuckwits come out of the woodwork to claim some sort of victory, even
when they are guilty of the same thing...

> unloading it's West
> Australian shipment of new cars. It's scheduled to leave tonight and
> head to Melbourne where it will hopefully dock on the 5th of June.

Might get here a bit earlier, but maybe unable to dock unless space and
time permits.. It'll have to be careful it doesn't miss the Leeuwin
current, or your bus may end up in Mogadishu, according to Admiral
Tommy. Because he knows... someone... Hahahahahhahahha

"If you suffer an engine breakdown 70km out from, say, Perth, you will
definitely not be drifting westward nor southwards. That would require
you to drift *against* the current. That's never going to happen. If you
drift anywhere, it will be up along the coast of WA towards Indonesia.
You will be caught up in the Indian Ocean Gyre. You will be riding the
South Indian current up to Indonesia where you will then ride the South
Equatorial current across to Africa. The Mozambique current will carry
you back south along Africa where you will reconnect with the South
Indian current once again.
If you were really unlucky, you may overshoot the South Indian current
and end up riding the eastbound Antarctic Circumpolar current where
there is a distinct possibility you will bounce up against the western
side of the southern tip of South America.

The South Indian current is very strong. A friend was navigating a
disabled ship with one engine out of action down the west coast of
Australia. Because they were battling the strong current all the way
from Indonesia, as well as strong prevailing headwinds, they barely made
it to Perth. They used a lot more fuel than they expected because of the
combination of strong currents, strong headwinds, and a single engine
barely able to do battle with current and wind combined." xeno 02/04/17

What a load of absolute rolled gold Tomas Clasener bullshit. :-D In this
case, I've been there and done that! :-) And going back for more early
next year...

Leeuwin current:
The issue was breaking down 70k offshore of Perth. Your very own
bullshit, which I dispute: "If you suffer an engine breakdown 70km out
from, say, Perth, you will definitely not be drifting westward nor
southwards."

" you will definitely not be drifting westward nor southwards."

I dispute that. The *southbound* Leeuwin current makes your wannabe
oceanographer dribble worthless. As usual. "That's never going to
happen." Hahahahahahahahahha

"All information per a friend who is a seismic survey navigator, now
retired, who spent a lifetime navigating seismic survey vessels all over
the worlds oceans in search of oil." 03/04/17 1.29pm

and then, in the space of 1 hour 10 mins, he passes it off as his knowledge:

"New found knowledge? Ocean currents, winds, etc. was something I learnt
at school, both primary and high school. Geography, remember that?"
03/04/17 2.40pm

Oceanography, in geography class, in both primary and secondary school.
Yeah, Nah. I think it shows shit-fer-brains education standard right
there...

Remembering Tommy's scholastic efforts: "Agriculture was my best subject
at school so maybe I should have been a farmer! ;-)" 16/08/15; yet
didn't know what a calf feeder is, didnt know what tractor hydraulics
were, thought cotton wool came from sheep... it's no wonder his
knowledge of ocean and coastal currents is, well, bizarre!

> All being well and there being no quarantine issues there is about a
> week long backlog just to transport cars off the waterfront and to the
> dealerships, and the dealer advises that they expect to have it on site
> by the 14th.
>
> Fingers crossed. I'm getting sick of not having a ute....

I'll never be without a ute. the wifes IX 35 is still going strong.
Thats what the wife likes, so thats her choice. Me, i'm loving the fact
I can carry 5 people, 2 x fridges, a box of tools, roll of fencing wire,
a mig welder and bottle, and 6 bags of quick set. Not to forget, 1/2 a
tonne of 40mm crushed rock to fix tracks up the block. Love to see that
lot in a fucking beige corolla...

Re: The waiting game continues....

<z6RdM.423964$SdR7.85673@fx04.iad>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24455&group=aus.cars#24455

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: nope@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 09:54:04 +1000
 by: lindsay - Wed, 31 May 2023 23:54 UTC

On 31/05/2023 9:25 pm, Xeno wrote:
> On 31/5/2023 7:41 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>> Xeno wrote:

>>> So why sell off the ute you had *before* the replacement arrived?
>>
>> because he's dumb??  :)
>
> That's for sure! But he isn't buying a Nissan Navara this time round so
> he has proven he is capable of listening to good advice rather than
> relying on his own judgement. Happy to be of service!   ;-)

I'll just leave this diarrhoea here for everyone to laugh at again.

>> used car prices are rising! I just got my insurance renewal
>> certificate for this year for the Lancer, and the sum insured
>> increased from $17,700 last year to $19,400 this year, which is $2,000
>> more than I paid for it new in 2019! my insurer told me that the value
>> of used cars has increased because buyers of new cars have a long wait
>> for them, in some cases up to 4 years for popular models, so ppl are
>> resorting to buying
>
> Well, Nissans appear not to be popular models. A brochure appeared in my
> letter box today.
>
>    "Purchase a new Nissan Navara and have it delivered before June 30
>     to take advantage of the Tax Write Off for elligible businesses."
>
> Now I feel sure they aren't talking about delivery in 2024 or 2025 and
> June 30 *this year* is but a mere month away. Would it be fair to say
> that demand for the Navara is such that they are readily available for
> *instant delivery*. - no wait lists. Maybe all those potential Navara
> buyers don't like time bombs parked in their garages, are voting with
> their wallets, and buying Rangers and Hiluxes instead.

Maybe. I think you will find the ones for sale are the low end models,
in Fords linup, the xl and xls. The fact is Rangers and Hiluxs are
simply better vehicles than Nissans, and the sales figures show. The
Nissan I looked at was outdated, no carpet, pissy little screen and less
power than the Ranger, it was also around $10k cheaper from memory. But
it was not what I wanted. Not because of some mythical engine fault that
was remedied 10 years before*; the Ranger was, and is simply a better
bus, and better value for money.

Sure looks like
> it. Both *former* Navara owners here seem to have learnt their lessons
> and are prepared to tolerate wait lists of up to a year in order to get
> a *decent ute*.

For once if you pox-ridden life, stop the fucking lies, Tomas. You are
just talking shit for the sake of it. As you usually do to look
knowledgeable on every subject.

As one of the former Navara owners you speak of:

1: I didn't wait a year. 3 months to get one of the first of a new model
XLT cab chassis.

2: My Navara was faultless. Sold it at 10 years and 100k. All that was
required for a roadworthy was some rear spring shackle rubbers. First to
see did buy.

* 3: this silly shit you dribble about all Navara engines exploding at
100K just shows how your senility and NPD is advancing. You and Clocky
have been told before that the issue was fixed from 2010 onwards, with
the YD25 motor, and Noddy's was a 2014(?) v6 anyway, so all that shit
didn't and doesn't apply to "Both *former* Navara owners here" , you
senile dumb cunt. But you just keep on spewing your lies.. it's all you
have.

4: I sold my Navara at 10 years and 100k, NOT because of some mythical
lie created by a senile old fucking cretin in a newsgroup, I sold it
because i wanted to retire with a relatively new bus, rather than a 12
year one. And because I got a very good price for it. $22,000, exactly
half of what I paid for it. Not bad for something thats supposed to
explode any second...

>> used cars, increasing demand for them, and so they command higher
>> prices. they even told me that based on the condition and mileage of
>> my Lancer I could insure it for $23,500 if I want to! had noddy waited
>> until his new ute arrived before selling his current one, which would
>> have been the logical thing to do, he coulda got more for it. unless
>> there was some reason why he had to sell it when he did, of course.
>>
> Nissan Navaras are like sticks of dynamite. As they age they become
> unstable and self prime for an explosion. With the Navara, that
> instability starts at around 100k kilometres.

How long have you been off the tools now, Tomas? 30 years? So how the
fuck would you know anything about it?

>>> Hang about, no need to answer, it's obvious. Your old ute was a
>>> *Navara* and, at 100k+ kilometres, it was well past its *use by date*
>>> and preparing to detonate the engine at any time. You took the safe
>>> option and sold it off while it was still running.
>>>
>>> It heartens me greatly to see you took our warnings seriously and got
>>> shed of the heap of shit before it turned itself into a smoking and
>>> immobile lump of scrap iron.

"our warnings"? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Nurse, NURSE!
Quick, a suture kit!! My sided have split...

You MUST be off your medication Tomas. The ABSOLUTE last person anyone
would listen to re cars and repairs would/should be you. Camry brakes,
remember?

Re: The waiting game continues....

<IdRdM.632016$Ldj8.183385@fx47.iad>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24456&group=aus.cars#24456

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: nope@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 10:01:42 +1000
 by: lindsay - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 00:01 UTC

On 31/05/2023 7:02 pm, Xeno wrote:

> Hang about, no need to answer, it's obvious. Your old ute was a *Navara*
> and, at 100k+ kilometres, it was well past its *use by date* and
> preparing to detonate the engine at any time. You took the safe option
> and sold it off while it was still running.

If you were any sort of mechanic, (hahahaha) you would know what your
continually spouting is incorrect. You are just showing how far removed
from the trade you really are, Tomas.

> It heartens me greatly to see you took our warnings seriously and got
> shed of the heap of shit before it turned itself into a smoking and
> immobile lump of scrap iron.

The senility is strong in this one....

Re: The waiting game continues....

<u58t4e$2lt77$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24458&group=aus.cars#24458

From: me@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 11:43:40 +1000
 by: Noddy - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 01:43 UTC

On 1/06/2023 9:16 am, lindsay wrote:
> On 31/05/2023 2:45 pm, Noddy wrote:

>> The new ute finally made it onto a car carrying vessel called "Grand
>> Quest", and is currently docked in Freemantle
>
> Careful, you know what happens when someone makes a typo.. all sorts of
> fuckwits come out of the woodwork to claim some sort of victory, even
> when they are guilty of the same thing...

There is no limit to the eagerness they demonstrate to make fucktards
out of themselves....

> unloading it's West Australian shipment of new cars. It's scheduled to
>> leave tonight and head to Melbourne where it will hopefully dock on
>> the 5th of June.
>
> Might get here a bit earlier, but maybe unable to dock unless space and
> time permits.. It'll have to be careful it doesn't miss the Leeuwin
> current, or your bus may end up in Mogadishu, according to Admiral
> Tommy. Because he knows... someone... Hahahahahhahahha

ROTFL :)

> "If you suffer an engine breakdown 70km out from, say, Perth, you will
> definitely not be drifting westward nor southwards. That would require
> you to drift *against* the current. That's never going to happen. If you
> drift anywhere, it will be up along the coast of WA towards Indonesia.
> You will be caught up in the Indian Ocean Gyre. You will be riding the
> South Indian current up to Indonesia where you will then ride the South
> Equatorial current across to Africa. The Mozambique current will carry
> you back south along Africa where you will reconnect with the South
> Indian current once again.
> If you were really unlucky, you may overshoot the South Indian current
> and end up riding the eastbound Antarctic Circumpolar current where
> there is a distinct possibility you will bounce up against the western
> side of the southern tip of South America.
>
> The South Indian current is very strong. A friend was navigating a
> disabled ship with one engine out of action down the west coast of
> Australia. Because they were battling the strong current all the way
> from Indonesia, as well as strong prevailing headwinds, they barely made
> it to Perth. They used a lot more fuel than they expected because of the
> combination of strong currents, strong headwinds, and a single engine
> barely able to do battle with current and wind combined." xeno 02/04/17
>
> What a load of absolute rolled gold Tomas Clasener bullshit. :-D In this
> case, I've been there and done that! :-) And going back for more early
> next year...

This ocean going "friend" of his. Assuming for the sake of the argument
that he actually ever existed (unlike Krypsis), he wasn't operating a
boat with a load of illegal immigrant gooks, was he? :)

> Leeuwin current:
> The issue was breaking down 70k offshore of Perth. Your very own
> bullshit, which I dispute: "If you suffer an engine breakdown 70km out
> from, say, Perth, you will definitely not be drifting westward nor
> southwards."
>
> " you will definitely not be drifting westward nor southwards."
>
> I dispute that. The *southbound* Leeuwin current makes your wannabe
> oceanographer dribble worthless. As usual. "That's never going to
> happen." Hahahahahahahahahha

Lol :)

> "All information per a friend who is a seismic survey navigator, now
> retired, who spent a lifetime navigating seismic survey vessels all over
> the worlds oceans in search of oil." 03/04/17 1.29pm
>
> and then, in the space of 1 hour 10 mins, he passes it off as his
> knowledge:
>
> "New found knowledge? Ocean currents, winds, etc. was something I learnt
> at school, both primary and high school. Geography, remember that?"
> 03/04/17 2.40pm

I wonder if that was from the same teacher who taught the attention
whoring cunt all about calf's milk :)

> Oceanography, in geography class, in both primary and secondary school.
> Yeah, Nah. I think it shows shit-fer-brains education standard right
> there...

Absolutely, but let's not forget that we're talking about someone who's
grasp on reality is non existent.

> Remembering Tommy's scholastic efforts: "Agriculture was my best subject
> at school so maybe I should have been a farmer! ;-)" 16/08/15; yet
> didn't know what a calf feeder is, didnt know what tractor hydraulics
> were, thought cotton wool came from sheep... it's no wonder his
> knowledge of ocean and coastal currents is, well, bizarre!

His knowledge of *everything* is about as fucked up as it can possibly
be. Even the basics of subjects he's supposed to be an expert about he
knows nothing of, other than how to ridiculously embarrass himself by
not only demonstrating an astonishing lack of understanding of even the
most rudimentary concepts, but in making himself look like the most
profound *fuckwit* in inventing nonsensical claims to try to cover it up
after the fact.

When he claimed that fitting an oversized carburettor onto an engine
will see an idle speed of 3-4000 rpm I actually laughed out loud at how
utterly clueless this mong truly is, and it puts a smile on my face to
this day whenever I think of it.

>> All being well and there being no quarantine issues there is about a
>> week long backlog just to transport cars off the waterfront and to the
>> dealerships, and the dealer advises that they expect to have it on
>> site by the 14th.
>>
>> Fingers crossed. I'm getting sick of not having a ute....
>
> I'll never be without a ute. the wifes IX 35 is still going strong.
> Thats what the wife likes, so thats her choice. Me, i'm loving the fact
> I can carry 5 people, 2 x fridges, a box of tools, roll of fencing wire,
> a mig welder and bottle, and 6 bags of quick set. Not to forget, 1/2 a
> tonne of 40mm crushed rock to fix tracks up the block. Love to see that
> lot in a fucking beige corolla...

Don't forget he has a box trailer which he presumably uses to move his
large stock of tupperware containers around :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: The waiting game continues....

<kdqcukFtkqlU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24459&group=aus.cars#24459

From: xenolith@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 12:09:23 +1000
 by: Xeno - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 02:09 UTC

On 1/6/2023 11:43 am, Noddy wrote:

> There is no limit to the eagerness they demonstrate to make fucktards
> out of themselves....

And you lot have done that - in spades!

> This ocean going "friend" of his. Assuming for the sake of the argument
> that he actually ever existed (unlike Krypsis), he wasn't operating a
> boat with a load of illegal immigrant gooks, was he? :)

Well, he does exist, now retired and living in Thailand. He's also a
friend on my Facebook account.

> I wonder if that was from the same teacher who taught the attention
> whoring cunt all about calf's milk :)

His surname was "Castles", IIRC.

> Absolutely, but let's not forget that we're talking about someone who's
> grasp on reality is non existent.

No Darren, we're not talking about *you*.

> His knowledge of *everything* is about as fucked up as it can possibly
> be. Even the basics of subjects he's supposed to be an expert about he
> knows nothing of, other than how to ridiculously embarrass himself by
> not only demonstrating an astonishing lack of understanding of even the
> most rudimentary concepts, but in making himself look like the most
> profound *fuckwit* in inventing nonsensical claims to try to cover it up
> after the fact.
>
> When he claimed that fitting an oversized carburettor onto an engine
> will see an idle speed of 3-4000 rpm I actually laughed out loud at how
> utterly clueless this mong truly is, and it puts a smile on my face to
> this day whenever I think of it.

When you are going for high RPM power, most certainly that is the case.
People in the drag racing fraternity know this, odd that you don't since
you claim to have been involved in that area. Like everything else about
you, that is fake too.

> Don't forget he has a box trailer which he presumably uses to move his
> large stock of tupperware containers around :)

Trailer was sold way back in 2016. It was a 6x4 with a cage, very useful
but I didn't have anywhere to store it out of the weather once we became
a 2 car family again.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: The waiting game continues....

<u58v8h$2m4ai$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24460&group=aus.cars#24460

From: me@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 12:19:59 +1000
 by: Noddy - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 02:19 UTC

On 1/06/2023 9:54 am, lindsay wrote:
> On 31/05/2023 9:25 pm, Xeno wrote:

>> That's for sure! But he isn't buying a Nissan Navara this time round
>> so he has proven he is capable of listening to good advice rather than
>> relying on his own judgement. Happy to be of service!   ;-)
>

> I'll just leave this diarrhoea here for everyone to laugh at again.

Seriously, have you *ever* seen someone with such a *severe* inferiority
complex as this walking anxiety attack? :)

>> Now I feel sure they aren't talking about delivery in 2024 or 2025 and
>> June 30 *this year* is but a mere month away. Would it be fair to say
>> that demand for the Navara is such that they are readily available for
>> *instant delivery*. - no wait lists. Maybe all those potential Navara
>> buyers don't like time bombs parked in their garages, are voting with
>> their wallets, and buying Rangers and Hiluxes instead.
>
> Maybe. I think you will find the ones for sale are the low end models,
> in Fords linup, the xl and xls. The fact is Rangers and Hiluxs are
> simply better vehicles than Nissans, and the sales figures show. The
> Nissan I looked at was outdated, no carpet, pissy little screen and less
> power than the Ranger, it was also around $10k cheaper from memory. But
> it was not what I wanted. Not because of some mythical engine fault that
> was remedied 10 years before*; the Ranger was, and is simply a better
> bus, and better value for money.

I looked at everything after I'd decided to buy a new bus, as I didn't
care who's badge was on the front. None of them pay a loyalty bonus. The
reason I didn't buy another Navara was because they didn't have anything
in their range I actually liked. The NP300 is almost a decade old now
and while they've tried to keep it fresh with occasional tarting up it
lacked a lot compared to some others. As you say it came with a crappy
screen, I didn't think much of the interior in general and I found the
engine a bit under powered compared to the 6 cylinder model I had
previously. Their "big banger" model was the "Pro-4X" which comes with a
bit of kit if you're into off-roading, but I'm not and there was nothing
about it that appealed to me. The fact that they no longer offered a 6
cylinder engine was a burner, as had they done so I would have happily
had another one.

Same deal with the D-max. I liked the interior, but *man* does it have
an agricultural engine. It's noisy, it's low powered, it has ridiculous
throttle lag, and for the life of me I don't know why anyone would
*want* one.

The Hi-Lux was probably the worst of the lot in terms of what you got
for your money. It was a typical Toyota in that even in the top end
models it came with very little and felt extremely dated, and I don't
know who's idea it was to line the tub on the Rouge with Marine carpet,
but that has to be the stupidest thing I ever saw :)

The LDV T-60 was strange and it just felt cheap and nasty. The Great
wall I could actually get out and run faster than and the Musso felt
like a decent car for the money with the major downer being that their
Australian arm had gone broke and deals to find a buyer had fallen through.

That left the Triton, and the GLS was the model I saw as the best mix
between value for money, performance, level of kit and all round general
usefulness. So I was happy to buy one of those. Until I looked at the
new Ranger.

And I'm glad I did, as the next gen Ranger is a sensational vehicle that
is a quantum leap in terms of setting the new benchmark for the class
and it makes every other ute on the market look absolutely antiquated.
The V6 engine is *astonishingly* smooth and quiet, the 10 speed auto is
fantastic, the level of tech and kit is staggering and it has taken the
humble crew cab ute to a place where only a couple of short years ago I
would have never imagined I would see in my lifetime.

>  Sure looks like
>> it. Both *former* Navara owners here seem to have learnt their lessons
>> and are prepared to tolerate wait lists of up to a year in order to
>> get a *decent ute*.
>
> For once if you pox-ridden life, stop the fucking lies, Tomas. You are
> just talking shit for the sake of it. As you usually do to look
> knowledgeable on every subject.

It's his personality disorder kicking in. It must be itching like a rash
right about now :)

> As one of the former Navara owners you speak of:
>
> 1: I didn't wait a year. 3 months to get one of the first of a new model
> XLT cab chassis.

I never thought I'd be waiting a year. Talk was more in the order of 6
months which is why I off-loaded the old Navara when I did. Still, I
can't really complain about doing so as I got an excellent price for it.
> 2: My Navara was faultless. Sold it at 10 years and 100k. All that was
> required for a roadworthy was some rear spring shackle rubbers. First to
> see did buy.

Not a thing here. Flew through the roadworthy without any problems, and
it was a sensational, hassle free vehicle in the 6 years that I owned it.

> * 3: this silly shit you dribble about all Navara engines exploding at
> 100K just shows how your senility and NPD is advancing. You and Clocky
> have been told before that the issue was fixed from 2010 onwards, with
> the YD25 motor, and Noddy's was a 2014(?) v6 anyway, so all that shit
> didn't and doesn't apply to "Both *former* Navara owners here" , you
> senile dumb cunt. But you just keep on spewing your lies.. it's all you
> have.

He has absolutely no fucking idea what he waffles on about, but then
that doesn't matter to him. As long as Felix is impressed by his
ridiculous bullshit he feels good about himself.

> 4: I sold my Navara at 10 years and 100k, NOT because of some mythical
> lie created by a senile old fucking cretin in a newsgroup, I sold it
> because i wanted to retire with a relatively new bus, rather than a 12
> year one. And because I got a very good price for it. $22,000, exactly
> half of what I paid for it. Not bad for something thats supposed to
> explode any second...

Yep. Not that he would know, as his personal experience with the things
is absolutely zip.

Just like his personal experience with anything else he mouths off
about. Like, for example, when he claimed he'd done "hundreds" of
exhaust system repairs but none of them involved welding, yet he could
go on incessantly about exactly why you can't weld repair exhaust
systems despite having no personal experience himself.

Notice a pattern here? The one thing he *is* good at is being an
"expert" about things he has zero experience with, which would explain
why he invented the nonsensical theory of "transferred experience". It
gives him the chance to be an expert about something he's never so much
been in the same suburb as.

He's an absolute nutter :)

>>> used cars, increasing demand for them, and so they command higher
>>> prices. they even told me that based on the condition and mileage of
>>> my Lancer I could insure it for $23,500 if I want to! had noddy
>>> waited until his new ute arrived before selling his current one,
>>> which would have been the logical thing to do, he coulda got more for
>>> it. unless there was some reason why he had to sell it when he did,
>>> of course.
>>>
>> Nissan Navaras are like sticks of dynamite. As they age they become
>> unstable and self prime for an explosion. With the Navara, that
>> instability starts at around 100k kilometres.
>
> How long have you been off the tools now, Tomas? 30 years? So how the
> fuck would you know anything about it?

He doesn't. He just makes this shit up as he goes along. That and the
imaginary "friends" he calls in for convenient story padding :)

> "our warnings"? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Nurse, NURSE!
> Quick, a suture kit!! My sided have split...

ROTFL :)

> You MUST be off your medication Tomas. The ABSOLUTE last person anyone
> would listen to re cars and repairs would/should be you. Camry brakes,
> remember?

The list is endless.

You could start today and spend the rest of your life actively searching
and you would *never* find a more insecure heap of attention whoring
shit than this useless oxygen thieving cunt.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: The waiting game continues....

<u58vct$2m4ai$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24461&group=aus.cars#24461

From: me@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 12:22:21 +1000
 by: Noddy - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 02:22 UTC

On 1/06/2023 10:01 am, lindsay wrote:
> On 31/05/2023 7:02 pm, Xeno wrote:
>
>> Hang about, no need to answer, it's obvious. Your old ute was a
>> *Navara* and, at 100k+ kilometres, it was well past its *use by date*
>> and preparing to detonate the engine at any time. You took the safe
>> option and sold it off while it was still running.
>
> If you were any sort of mechanic, (hahahaha) you would know what your
> continually spouting is incorrect. You are just showing how far removed
> from the trade you really are, Tomas.

Last worked as a "mechanic" over 40 years ago according to his own
comments, so you have to wonder how he acquires all this "up to date"
knowledge about vehicles he's never so much as sat in :)

>> It heartens me greatly to see you took our warnings seriously and got
>> shed of the heap of shit before it turned itself into a smoking and
>> immobile lump of scrap iron.
>
> The senility is strong in this one....

It's mental illness, and I suspect he's suffered from it for the better
part of his life.

Inbreeding is a big problem in Tasmania.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: The waiting game continues....

<kdrcp3F3p1cU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24463&group=aus.cars#24463

From: xenolith@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 21:12:35 +1000
 by: Xeno - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 11:12 UTC

On 1/6/2023 12:22 pm, Noddy wrote:

> Last worked as a "mechanic" over 40 years ago according to his own
> comments, so you have to wonder how he acquires all this "up to date"
> knowledge about vehicles he's never so much as sat in :)

Correction, last worked as a mechanic about 2 years ago. Did a gearbox
on a Nissan Skyline.

> It's mental illness, and I suspect he's suffered from it for the better
> part of his life.

I'm sure you have! Projection too!

> Inbreeding is a big problem in Tasmania.

Might be for Tasmanians with generations of history in Tasmania but both
my parents came from overseas and that makes me a 1st generation
Tasmanian. Yeah, I know, thinking makes your head hurt.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: The waiting game continues....

<u5b39i$2t2ad$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24465&group=aus.cars#24465

From: Paddy.O.Furniture@Coast.org (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 21:41:07 -0000 (UTC)
 by: alvey - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 21:41 UTC

On Thu, 01 Jun 2023 12:19:59 +1000, Noddy wrote:

> On 1/06/2023 9:54 am, lindsay wrote:
>> On 31/05/2023 9:25 pm, Xeno wrote:
>
>>> That's for sure! But he isn't buying a Nissan Navara this time round
>>> so he has proven he is capable of listening to good advice rather than
>>> relying on his own judgement. Happy to be of service!   ;-)
>>

>> I'll just leave this diarrhoea here for everyone to laugh at again.
>

> Seriously, have you *ever* seen someone with such a *severe* inferiority
> complex as this walking anxiety attack? :)

"Seriously" Fraudster, no-one in anything even vaguely close to their
right mind takes anything you say "seriously". The indisputable reality is
that you're a proven liar who has never achieved anything worthwhile or
significant in his menial and miserable life.

alvey

Re: The waiting game continues....

<u5bd21$2u6ca$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24466&group=aus.cars#24466

From: Paddy.O.Furniture@Coast.org (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 00:27:45 -0000 (UTC)
 by: alvey - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 00:27 UTC

On Thu, 01 Jun 2023 11:43:40 +1000, Noddy wrote:

> On 1/06/2023 9:16 am, lindsay wrote:
>> On 31/05/2023 2:45 pm, Noddy wrote:
>
>>> The new ute finally made it onto a car carrying vessel called "Grand
>>> Quest", and is currently docked in Freemantle
>>
>> Careful, you know what happens when someone makes a typo.. all sorts of
>> fuckwits come out of the woodwork to claim some sort of victory, even
>> when they are guilty of the same thing...
>
> There is no limit to the eagerness they demonstrate to make fucktards
> out of themselves....

'NEWSGROUP DESTROYED BY IRONY'

snip loonsquawk

alvey

Re: The waiting game continues....

<xwgfM.4316840$GNG9.2110728@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24467&group=aus.cars#24467

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: nope@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 17:54:03 +1000
 by: lindsay - Mon, 5 Jun 2023 07:54 UTC

On 31/05/2023 2:45 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 2/05/2023 2:53 pm, Noddy wrote:
>> Just received an email from the dealer, not Ford Australia :), that my
>> new Ranger was actually built at the end of March and has spent the
>> last month sitting in a holding yard in Thailand along with thousands
>> of others while they wait for vessels to become available.
>
> and I know that's fucking stacks of you :)
>
> The new ute finally made it onto a car carrying vessel called "Grand
> Quest", and is currently docked in Freemantle unloading it's West
> Australian shipment of new cars. It's scheduled to leave tonight and
> head to Melbourne where it will hopefully dock on the 5th of June.

Currently swanning around outside the heads, drifting for flathead...

Now not due to dock until the ninth... Grand Quest 09/6/23 10:30

Heard a story on Gold FM this morning... guy doing the quarantining of
cars ... he gets paid good money to wave around a stick with gaffa tape
on it under cars on a hoist looking for seeds... have these cretins
never heard of a pressure washer or a vacuum? I know when my mate bought
his first 64 Galaxie into Aus, the broker who organised it all made a
complete fuck up of it all, and then tried to pass all the costs off to
Pete. That didnt end well...

> All being well and there being no quarantine issues there is about a
> week long backlog just to transport cars off the waterfront and to the
> dealerships, and the dealer advises that they expect to have it on site
> by the 14th.
>
> Fingers crossed. I'm getting sick of not having a ute....

Not long to go now... just keep thinking of that screen.. (swoon!!!) :-D
I'd nearly consider selling mine for one.. but no. i have mine the way I
like it now...

Re: The waiting game continues....

<ke5jkqFl083U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24468&group=aus.cars#24468

From: felix@goaway.now (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 18:11:06 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Mon, 5 Jun 2023 08:11 UTC

lindsay wrote:
> On 31/05/2023 2:45 pm, Noddy wrote:
>> On 2/05/2023 2:53 pm, Noddy wrote:
>>> Just received an email from the dealer, not Ford Australia :), that
>>> my new Ranger was actually built at the end of March and has spent
>>> the last month sitting in a holding yard in Thailand along with
>>> thousands of others while they wait for vessels to become available.
>>
>> and I know that's fucking stacks of you :)
>>
>> The new ute finally made it onto a car carrying vessel called "Grand
>> Quest", and is currently docked in Freemantle unloading it's West
>> Australian shipment of new cars. It's scheduled to leave tonight and
>> head to Melbourne where it will hopefully dock on the 5th of June.
>
> Currently swanning around outside the heads, drifting for flathead...
>
> Now not due to dock until the ninth... Grand Quest 09/6/23 10:30
>
> Heard a story on Gold FM this morning... guy doing the quarantining of
> cars ... he gets paid good money to wave around a stick with gaffa
> tape on it under cars on a hoist looking for seeds... have these
> cretins never heard of a pressure washer or a vacuum?

I'm sure they have but obviously they want to capture the seeds, not
allow them to disperse into the area. they're trying to prevent seeds
entering Oz, no?

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!
https://imgur.com/gallery/v4u4c15

Re: The waiting game continues....

<u5k8ie$a4qj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24469&group=aus.cars#24469

From: me@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 19:06:21 +1000
 by: Noddy - Mon, 5 Jun 2023 09:06 UTC

On 5/06/2023 5:54 pm, lindsay wrote:
> On 31/05/2023 2:45 pm, Noddy wrote:
>> On 2/05/2023 2:53 pm, Noddy wrote:
>>> Just received an email from the dealer, not Ford Australia :), that
>>> my new Ranger was actually built at the end of March and has spent
>>> the last month sitting in a holding yard in Thailand along with
>>> thousands of others while they wait for vessels to become available.
>>
>> and I know that's fucking stacks of you :)
>>
>> The new ute finally made it onto a car carrying vessel called "Grand
>> Quest", and is currently docked in Freemantle unloading it's West
>> Australian shipment of new cars. It's scheduled to leave tonight and
>> head to Melbourne where it will hopefully dock on the 5th of June.
>
> Currently swanning around outside the heads, drifting for flathead...

Yeah, been watching it's progress on the web.

> Now not due to dock until the ninth... Grand Quest 09/6/23 10:30

Nice.

> Heard a story on Gold FM this morning... guy doing the quarantining of
> cars ... he gets paid good money to wave around a stick with gaffa tape
> on it under cars on a hoist looking for seeds... have these cretins
> never heard of a pressure washer or a vacuum? I know when my mate bought
> his first 64 Galaxie into Aus, the broker who organised it all made a
> complete fuck up of it all, and then tried to pass all the costs off to
> Pete. That didnt end well...

I'll bet. It's a massive fuck up that's for sure.

>> All being well and there being no quarantine issues there is about a
>> week long backlog just to transport cars off the waterfront and to the
>> dealerships, and the dealer advises that they expect to have it on
>> site by the 14th.
>>
>> Fingers crossed. I'm getting sick of not having a ute....
>
> Not long to go now... just keep thinking of that screen.. (swoon!!!) :-D
> I'd nearly consider selling mine for one.. but no. i have mine the way I
> like it now...

Lol :)

I'm laying around feeling sorry for myself having tested positive for
the Chinese pox yesterday, so I really don't give a flying fuck about
the ute ate the moment. Hopefully by next week my interest will have
returned :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: The waiting game continues....

<ke5o2dFljdhU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24470&group=aus.cars#24470

From: dwalford@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 19:26:37 +1000
 by: Daryl - Mon, 5 Jun 2023 09:26 UTC

On 5/6/2023 7:06 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 5/06/2023 5:54 pm, lindsay wrote:
>>>
>>> and I know that's fucking stacks of you :)
>>>
>>> The new ute finally made it onto a car carrying vessel called "Grand
>>> Quest", and is currently docked in Freemantle unloading it's West
>>> Australian shipment of new cars. It's scheduled to leave tonight and
>>> head to Melbourne where it will hopefully dock on the 5th of June.
>>
>> Currently swanning around outside the heads, drifting for flathead...
>
> Yeah, been watching it's progress on the web.
>
>> Now not due to dock until the ninth... Grand Quest 09/6/23 10:30
>
> Nice.
>
>> Heard a story on Gold FM this morning... guy doing the quarantining of
>> cars ... he gets paid good money to wave around a stick with gaffa
>> tape on it under cars on a hoist looking for seeds... have these
>> cretins never heard of a pressure washer or a vacuum? I know when my
>> mate bought his first 64 Galaxie into Aus, the broker who organised it
>> all made a complete fuck up of it all, and then tried to pass all the
>> costs off to Pete. That didnt end well...
>
> I'll bet. It's a massive fuck up that's for sure.
>
>>> All being well and there being no quarantine issues there is about a
>>> week long backlog just to transport cars off the waterfront and to
>>> the dealerships, and the dealer advises that they expect to have it
>>> on site by the 14th.
>>>
>>> Fingers crossed. I'm getting sick of not having a ute....
>>
>> Not long to go now... just keep thinking of that screen.. (swoon!!!) :-D
>> I'd nearly consider selling mine for one.. but no. i have mine the way
>> I like it now...
>
> Lol :)

I haven't driven a vehicle with one of those massive screens so maybe I
shouldn't comment but I just don't get them, makes no sense to me, I
prefer cars with car like instruments not video games.
Seem like a massive unnecessary distraction?

> I'm laying around feeling sorry for myself having tested positive for
> the Chinese pox yesterday, so I really don't give a flying fuck about
> the ute ate the moment. Hopefully by next week my interest will have
> returned :)

Bugger, don't know if I'm better off or worse than you, I have a very
bad toothache due to a wisdom tooth my dentist tried to save that is
still stuffed despite their best efforts, having it out tomorrow, not
looking forward to it at all.

--
Daryl

Re: The waiting game continues....

<u5kbvi$aih5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24471&group=aus.cars#24471

From: me@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 20:04:33 +1000
 by: Noddy - Mon, 5 Jun 2023 10:04 UTC

On 5/06/2023 7:26 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 5/6/2023 7:06 pm, Noddy wrote:
>> On 5/06/2023 5:54 pm, lindsay wrote:

>>> Not long to go now... just keep thinking of that screen.. (swoon!!!) :-D
>>> I'd nearly consider selling mine for one.. but no. i have mine the
>>> way I like it now...
>>
>> Lol :)
>
> I haven't driven a vehicle with one of those massive screens so maybe I
> shouldn't comment but I just don't get them, makes no sense to me, I
> prefer cars with car like instruments not video games.
> Seem like a massive unnecessary distraction?

The two biggest pluses I can see are that they make the maps easier to
read, and the cameras a lot more useful. Phone mirroring apparently
works well also.

>> I'm laying around feeling sorry for myself having tested positive for
>> the Chinese pox yesterday, so I really don't give a flying fuck about
>> the ute ate the moment. Hopefully by next week my interest will have
>> returned :)
>>

> Bugger, don't know if I'm better off or worse than you, I have a very
> bad toothache due to a wisdom tooth my dentist tried to save that is
> still stuffed despite their best efforts, having it out tomorrow, not
> looking forward to it at all.

You win. Fuck the dentist :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: The waiting game continues....

<ke61cmFmt6rU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24472&group=aus.cars#24472

From: dwalford@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 22:05:42 +1000
 by: Daryl - Mon, 5 Jun 2023 12:05 UTC

On 5/6/2023 8:04 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 5/06/2023 7:26 pm, Daryl wrote:

>>> Lol :)
>>
>> I haven't driven a vehicle with one of those massive screens so maybe
>> I shouldn't comment but I just don't get them, makes no sense to me, I
>> prefer cars with car like instruments not video games.
>> Seem like a massive unnecessary distraction?
>
> The two biggest pluses I can see are that they make the maps easier to
> read, and the cameras a lot more useful. Phone mirroring apparently
> works well also.

Wife's Golf has Apple car play and Android auto, screen is easy to read
and the reverse camera is excellent despite the screen being half the
size of some of the new ones.
On the odd occasion I need sat nav on the other 2 old cars I just use my
phone, not perfect but good enough for what I do.
I've seen quite a few new car reviews where the cars don't even have an
instrument panel directly in front of the driver, everything including
the speedo is on the centre screen and I don't like the idea.
I know original Minis had a centre speedo so its not a new idea but I
still don't like it.

>>> I'm laying around feeling sorry for myself having tested positive for
>>> the Chinese pox yesterday, so I really don't give a flying fuck about
>>> the ute ate the moment. Hopefully by next week my interest will have
>>> returned :)
>>>

>> Bugger, don't know if I'm better off or worse than you, I have a very
>> bad toothache due to a wisdom tooth my dentist tried to save that is
>> still stuffed despite their best efforts, having it out tomorrow, not
>> looking forward to it at all.
>
> You win. Fuck the dentist :)

If I survive I'll let you know:-)

--
Daryl

Re: The waiting game continues....

<u5llb9$f1de$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24474&group=aus.cars#24474

From: Paddy.O.Furniture@Coast.org (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 21:50:33 -0000 (UTC)
 by: alvey - Mon, 5 Jun 2023 21:50 UTC

On Mon, 05 Jun 2023 19:26:37 +1000, Daryl wrote:

> On 5/6/2023 7:06 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> Currently swanning around outside the heads, drifting for flathead...
>>
>> Yeah, been watching it's progress on the web.
>>
>>> Now not due to dock until the ninth... Grand Quest 09/6/23 10:30
>>
>> Nice.
>>
>>> Heard a story on Gold FM this morning... guy doing the quarantining of
>>> cars ... he gets paid good money to wave around a stick with gaffa
>>> tape on it under cars on a hoist looking for seeds... have these
>>> cretins never heard of a pressure washer or a vacuum? I know when my
>>> mate bought his first 64 Galaxie into Aus, the broker who organised it
>>> all made a complete fuck up of it all, and then tried to pass all the
>>> costs off to Pete. That didnt end well...
>>
>> I'll bet. It's a massive fuck up that's for sure.

>>> Not long to go now... just keep thinking of that screen.. (swoon!!!)
>>> :-D I'd nearly consider selling mine for one.. but no. i have mine the
>>> way I like it now...
>>
>> Lol :)
>
> I haven't driven a vehicle with one of those massive screens so maybe I
> shouldn't comment but...

But you're going to anyway.

> I just don't get them, makes no sense to me, I
> prefer cars with car like instruments not video games.

Camera output doesn't show up too well on instruments Deryl.

> Seem like a massive unnecessary distraction?

Seems like you should have gone with your first instinct and kept your
mouth shut. (Although that'd seriously interfere with your breathing...)

alvey

Re: The waiting game continues....

<ke7ctjFt94sU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24475&group=aus.cars#24475

From: nothing.to.see@here.com.au (Keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2023 10:28:35 +1000
 by: Keithr0 - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 00:28 UTC

On 5/06/2023 7:26 pm, Daryl wrote:

> Bugger, don't know if I'm better off or worse than you, I have a very
> bad toothache due to a wisdom tooth my dentist tried to save that is
> still stuffed despite their best efforts, having it out tomorrow, not
> looking forward to it at all.

You have my sympathy, I had one go bad the week after the only dentist
left Woomera. The nearest that I could get it fixed was Whyalla a bit
over 250Km away, including about 100Km of dirt. My car was off the road
but a friend lent me his EH, unfortunately he didn't mention the crook
fuel gauge, and we ran out of petrol about 20Km north of Port Augusta
with the gauge showing a quarter full. I had to leave the wife and kids
in the car while I hitched a ride into town for fuel.

The dentist informed me that because the tooth was badly impacted, he'd
have to pull the perfectly good one next to it in order to get the bad
one out, when you've got your mouth jammed open and numb, it's hard to
argue. Afterward he told me that he'd had to put a couple of stitches in
the gum and I'd need to come back next day for him to check. We managed
to get a room for the night in a pub, next day he took a 10 second look
and we were off.

It was the hottest trip that I've ever done, mid-summer in the SA
desert, we managed to get a bag of ice in Port Augusta, and fed the kids
with lumps to suck on, the kids were ratty, the wife was ratty, I was
bloody glad to get home.

My friend had said that he wanted to swap one wheel for the spare so I
decided to do it for him. That's when I found that the wheel (put on by
a "Tyre service") had one nut cross threaded, and another put on back to
front!

A lot of "Fun" for one bloody tooth.

Re: The waiting game continues....

<ke7d1bFt94sU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24476&group=aus.cars#24476

From: nothing.to.see@here.com.au (Keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2023 10:30:35 +1000
 by: Keithr0 - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 00:30 UTC

On 6/06/2023 7:50 am, alvey wrote:

> Seems like you should have gone with your first instinct and kept your
> mouth shut. (Although that'd seriously interfere with your breathing...)

Perhaps you should take a dose of your own advice.