If you keep anything long enough, you can throw it away.

arts / alt.tv.survivor / S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)

SubjectAuthor
* S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)Brian Smith
+* Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)Brian Smith
|`* Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)Rick
| `* Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)Brian Smith
|  `* Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)Rick
|   `* Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)Brian Smith
|    `* Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)Rick
|     `* Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)Brian Smith
|      +* Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)Rick
|      |`- Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)Brian Smith
|      `* Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)Zeppo
|       `- Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)Brian Smith
`* Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)Zeppo
 `* Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)Brian Smith
  `* Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)Zeppo
   `* Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)Brian Smith
    `* Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)Zeppo
     +- Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)Brian Smith
     `* Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)Rick
      +- Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)Emanuel Berg
      `* Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)Emanuel Berg
       +* Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)Emanuel Berg
       |+* Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)Rick
       ||+* Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)Emanuel Berg
       |||`- Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)Brian Smith
       ||`* Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)shawn
       || `- Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)Emanuel Berg
       |`- Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)Brian Smith
       `* Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)Rick
        +- Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)Brian Smith
        `* Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)Emanuel Berg
         `* Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)Rick
          `- Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)Emanuel Berg

Pages:12
S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)

<v0crbf$2rglp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/arts/article-flat.php?id=1646&group=alt.tv.survivor#1646

From: dcg_brian@hotmail.com (Brian Smith)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Subject: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 23:57:01 -0600
 by: Brian Smith - Thu, 25 Apr 2024 05:57 UTC

Tonight’s episode was titled “Spicy Jeff.” Earlier today, Q tweeted that
we should not miss this episode and to expect more craziness. He was right.

The episode started off back at camp after the Tevin blindside. We found
out the plan was to always blindside Tevin, but Q tried to flip the vote
out and get Tiff out. He told Tiff because she targeted Maria that he
was just following what the 6 alliance had agreed on and that was to
take out the targeter. Tiff was pissed that he told people she has a
HII. I thought it was funny how they showed Liz and Venus watching from
the sidelines and commenting. Venus: “Sounds like a family dispute.” We
also found out that Liz is mad at Q because his antics took the
spotlight off her move of getting Tevin out.

The next morning Q and Liz came back to camp with treemail. Liz read the
note which told them to break into three teams of three for the IC. Ben
looked at Tiff and said, “Do you want to rock ‘n roll?” to which she
immediately replied, “Sounds good!” Kenzie joined them a second later.
Hunter then said he hadn’t worked with Maria and Charlie before, so they
quickly teamed up leaving Venus stuck with Q and poor Liz, who according
to Venus, hadn’t eaten in 72 hours. Are these guys no longer fishing?

Immunity Challenge

This was very interesting. Jeff asked them how they formed teams and
Tiff said they were pretty casual about it which surprised Jeff given
the importance of winning immunity. Charlie then gave some bullshit
answer, but Tiff followed with the truth. She said it was “To get away
from chaotic energy” to which Jeff replied, “You’re talking about Q,
correct.” Q and Tiff then took shots at each other and confirmed the
Yanu 3 are done.

The IC had three stages to it with the last place team out at each stage
and the last team standing battling it out for individual immunity.
Before the challenge started, Jeff said he was putting on his fan hat
and predicted that Venus’s team would be first out. I was surprised he
would say something like that. Now I’m wondering if production places
bets on these challenges. Jeff ended up being wrong as Kenz had a ton of
trouble in the first part of the challenge allowing Venus’s team to
finish second. Hunter’s team won the second part of the challenge and
Charlie won individual immunity, outlasting Hunter in a torturous
challenge. This made Venus happy as it gave her more options on who to
target.

Back at Camp

Q and Hunter were the obvious targets, but some people started
mentioning taking advantage of the situation to blindside someone else.
I was blindsided when Kenz went to Maria, Charlie, and Hunter suggesting
they blindside Tiff and flush her HII. Maria said we need five to which
Kenz replied, “Ben will vote with us.” Everyone was on board, but Maria
was disappointed Kenz would get credit for a move she wanted to make.

Charlie then went to talk to Tiff to make her feel comfortable. She told
him she wanted to get rid of her idol which killed the plan to blindside
her. Hunter then told Kenz he has an idol and was going to play it. This
led to a lot of scrambling. They told Liz and Venus about the idol which
kind of pissed them off because they were told last minute about it.
Venus told the others that Hunter has an idol, but they thought he was
bluffing.

Tribal Council (Night 17)

This was funny. Jeff started off by telling them that the last TC did
not live up to expectations, which confused them. He then pulled out a
cushion to sit on and a bowl of popcorn. The popcorn setoff a few of
them so Jeff gave it to them. Liz was yelling to save her some. Jeff:
“Liz, you can eat popcorn?” Liz: “Yes!” Jeff: “We finally found
something that Liz can eat!”

Hunter was so nervous all TC constantly whispering to his #1 Kenz asking
if people were voting for Q. She said they were, Venus said the same as
did Liz. So did Tiff but I think she said that so he wouldn’t play his
HII. I was shocked that neither of them played their idols. The vote
ended up being Q: 4, Hunter: 4, Ben:1 with Q voting for Ben and Hunter,
Liz, Venus, and Kenz voting for Q. Q is blindly loyal to the 6 alliance.
Did he think other people were voting for Ben? In the revote, Hunter was
voted out 7–1 with just Liz voting to boot Q. Did Hunter get played by
Venus and Kenz or did he make a fatal mistake not playing his HII?

Next Episode

Liz has a breakdown and is still pissed at Q for ruining her game. Maria
offers advice to Q and talks about making a huge move. Just imagine if
F3 is Maria, Q, and Venus.

Other than Q, it looks like everyone left is dead serious about making
big moves in order to win. I’m looking forward to how Kenz will handle
Tiff when Tiff finds out she tried to blindside her. Based on the edit,
I have a feeling Liz is going to get screwed over inadvertently by Q.

--
Brian

Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)

<v0csqa$2rrq9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/arts/article-flat.php?id=1647&group=alt.tv.survivor#1647

From: dcg_brian@hotmail.com (Brian Smith)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Subject: Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 00:21:58 -0600
 by: Brian Smith - Thu, 25 Apr 2024 06:21 UTC

On 4/24/2024 11:57 PM, Brian Smith wrote:

> Tribal Council (Night 17)
>
> This was funny. Jeff started off by telling them that the last TC did
> not live up to expectations, which confused them. He then pulled out a
> cushion to sit on and a bowl of popcorn. The popcorn setoff a few of
> them so Jeff gave it to them. Liz was yelling to save her some. Jeff:
> “Liz, you can eat popcorn?” Liz: “Yes!” Jeff: “We finally found
> something that Liz can eat!”
>
> Hunter was so nervous all TC constantly whispering to his #1 Kenz asking
> if people were voting for Q. She said they were, Venus said the same as
> did Liz. So did Tiff but I think she said that so he wouldn’t play his
> HII. I was shocked that neither of them played their idols. The vote
> ended up being Q: 4, Hunter: 4, Ben:1 with Q voting for Ben and Hunter,
> Liz, Venus, and Kenz voting for Q. Q is blindly loyal to the 6 alliance.
> Did he think other people were voting for Ben? In the revote, Hunter was
> voted out 7–1 with just Liz voting to boot Q. Did Hunter get played by
> Venus and Kenz or did he make a fatal mistake not playing his HII?

Fun fact: Hunter is the 24th player to be voted out while holding a
playable idol. Full list of players included in the second tweet. I had
totally forgotten that Andrea was voted out on Day 33 in S26 with an
idol in her pocket.

https://twitter.com/RobsFactChecker/status/1783307507592835417

--
Brian

Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)

<v0dkuq$310eb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/arts/article-flat.php?id=1649&group=alt.tv.survivor#1649

From: rick@nospam.com (Rick)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 09:13:59 -0400
 by: Rick - Thu, 25 Apr 2024 13:13 UTC

"Brian Smith" wrote in message news:v0csqa$2rrq9$1@dont-email.me...

>On 4/24/2024 11:57 PM, Brian Smith wrote:
>
>> Tribal Council (Night 17)
>>
>> This was funny. Jeff started off by telling them that the last TC did not
>> live up to expectations, which confused them. He then pulled out a
>> cushion to sit on and a bowl of popcorn. The popcorn setoff a few of them
>> so Jeff gave it to them. Liz was yelling to save her some. Jeff: “Liz,
>> you can eat popcorn?” Liz: “Yes!” Jeff: “We finally found something that
>> Liz can eat!”
>>
>> Hunter was so nervous all TC constantly whispering to his #1 Kenz asking
>> if people were voting for Q. She said they were, Venus said the same as
>> did Liz. So did Tiff but I think she said that so he wouldn’t play his
>> HII. I was shocked that neither of them played their idols. The vote
>> ended up being Q: 4, Hunter: 4, Ben:1 with Q voting for Ben and Hunter,
>> Liz, Venus, and Kenz voting for Q. Q is blindly loyal to the 6 alliance.
>> Did he think other people were voting for Ben? In the revote, Hunter was
>> voted out 7–1 with just Liz voting to boot Q. Did Hunter get played by
>> Venus and Kenz or did he make a fatal mistake not playing his HII?
>
>Fun fact: Hunter is the 24th player to be voted out while holding a
>playable idol. Full list of players included in the second tweet. I had
>totally forgotten that Andrea was voted out on Day 33 in S26 with an idol
>in her pocket.
>
>https://twitter.com/RobsFactChecker/status/1783307507592835417

I'd like to know what occurs more often - a player is voted out while
holding a legit idol, or a player plays an idol and it has no effect. Or to
put it a different way, what is the success rate or batting average of a
player playing an idol successfully.

And while we're at it - how many times (if ever, I can't think of an example
off-hand) has a player played an idol for another person and then the person
playing the idol gets voted out. I can only think of Erik Rickenbacker, who
famously gave away his immunity necklace, not an idol, to someone else.

--

Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)

<0001HW.2BDAEEF7000929C430ED1D38F@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/arts/article-flat.php?id=1650&group=alt.tv.survivor#1650

From: reg@telus.invalid (Zeppo)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 13:05:11 -0700
 by: Zeppo - Thu, 25 Apr 2024 20:05 UTC

On Apr 24, 2024, Brian Smith wrote
(in article <v0crbf$2rglp$1@dont-email.me>):

> The episode started off back at camp after the Tevin blindside. We found
> out the plan was to always blindside Tevin, but Q tried to flip the vote
> out and get Tiff out.

IMO, his explanation was even more incoherent than usual.

> Are these guys no longer fishing?

They seem to prefer to forage in the intertidal zone. We saw Hunter
carrying the hawaiian sling in E09, but it's been ages since we have
been shown any of the players using the boat and the scuba gear to
actually fish. In E02, Green and Orange Tribe both won a large
amount of fishing gear at the reward challenge. I wonder what
became of all that stuff?

> Jeff said he was putting on his fan hat
> and predicted that Venus’s team would be first out. I was surprised he
> would say something like that.

That really annoyed me. Probst has long maintained the habit of yelling
insulting comments at the players during challenges. But, in the current
season, he has begun to say and do things that place the focus on him
rather than the players. Not a good look, IMO.

> Charlie then went to talk to Tiff to make her feel comfortable.

That was the excuse he gave to Maria, but I suspect, in reality, he wanted
to get a sense of what Tiffany planned to do with her immunity item. As it
turned out Tiffany played Charlie by adamantly stating that she was going
use the amulet. She knew that once Charlie told the others what she had
said to him, she would likely be safe at TC.

> Hunter then told Kenz he has an idol and was going to play it.

He told everybody that he could find that he had an idol and that he
was going to play it. He also told Cue that he was planning to vote
for Ben.

> Did Hunter get played by
> Venus and Kenz

Not exactly. Venus and Kenzie did vote for Cue, just as they told
Hunter they would.His mistakes were telling everybody that he had
an immunity item, and then not using it. In he end, Hunter revealed
himself to be an athletic guy who looked good with this shirt off, but
who had absolutely no game at all. Those scenes of him pleading
with the other players at TC for direction made him look almost as
pathetic as Bhanu. So disappointing! His best play was to use his
amulet and vote for Ben, just as he told Cue he was going to. By
doing so, Cue would have been sent to Ponderosa and Hunter
would have had a chance to play some more, and maybe even find
his amulet again.

BTW, what was Tiffany doing voting for Hunter instead of Cue?

Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)

<v0eg5k$375u2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/arts/article-flat.php?id=1651&group=alt.tv.survivor#1651

From: dcg_brian@hotmail.com (Brian Smith)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 14:58:24 -0600
 by: Brian Smith - Thu, 25 Apr 2024 20:58 UTC

On 4/25/2024 2:05 PM, Zeppo wrote:
> On Apr 24, 2024, Brian Smith wrote
> (in article <v0crbf$2rglp$1@dont-email.me>):
>

>> The episode started off back at camp after the Tevin blindside. We found
>> out the plan was to always blindside Tevin, but Q tried to flip the vote
>> out and get Tiff out.
>
> IMO, his explanation was even more incoherent than usual.

Q's all about the 6!

>> Are these guys no longer fishing?
>
> They seem to prefer to forage in the intertidal zone. We saw Hunter
> carrying the hawaiian sling in E09, but it's been ages since we have
> been shown any of the players using the boat and the scuba gear to
> actually fish. In E02, Green and Orange Tribe both won a large
> amount of fishing gear at the reward challenge. I wonder what
> became of all that stuff?

Great point about the equipment. Do they lose stuff like that when they
merge or move to a different beach? Dalton needs to ask Jeff about stuff
like that so we're not left wondering.

>> Jeff said he was putting on his fan hat
>> and predicted that Venus’s team would be first out. I was surprised he
>> would say something like that.
>
> That really annoyed me. Probst has long maintained the habit of yelling
> insulting comments at the players during challenges. But, in the current
> season, he has begun to say and do things that place the focus on him
> rather than the players. Not a good look, IMO.

Lots of people online including past players are not happy with what he
did. Looking back, I don't recall any of those three sucking in a
challenge. Other than Hunter and possibly Charlie, who else has been a
challenge beast?

>> Charlie then went to talk to Tiff to make her feel comfortable.
>
> That was the excuse he gave to Maria, but I suspect, in reality, he wanted
> to get a sense of what Tiffany planned to do with her immunity item. As it
> turned out Tiffany played Charlie by adamantly stating that she was going
> use the amulet. She knew that once Charlie told the others what she had
> said to him, she would likely be safe at TC.

She did a great job because Maria was more than willing to take a shot
at her even if Kenz would get the credit.

>> Hunter then told Kenz he has an idol and was going to play it.
>
> He told everybody that he could find that he had an idol and that he
> was going to play it. He also told Cue that he was planning to vote
> for Ben.

He did tell others but IIRC, he told Kenz first and told her she's his
#1 which surprised me. He also lied to Q so he deserved to go home just
for that. lol

>> Did Hunter get played by
>> Venus and Kenz
>
> Not exactly. Venus and Kenzie did vote for Cue, just as they told
> Hunter they would.His mistakes were telling everybody that he had
> an immunity item, and then not using it. In he end, Hunter revealed
> himself to be an athletic guy who looked good with this shirt off, but
> who had absolutely no game at all. Those scenes of him pleading
> with the other players at TC for direction made him look almost as
> pathetic as Bhanu. So disappointing! His best play was to use his
> amulet and vote for Ben, just as he told Cue he was going to. By
> doing so, Cue would have been sent to Ponderosa and Hunter
> would have had a chance to play some more, and maybe even find
> his amulet again.

Totally agree. He screwed up big time. Q ended up being correct when he
said Hunter wasn't smart enough to think strategically on his own. It
looked like he was ready to play his idol but didn't want to unless Tiff
played hers as well.

> BTW, what was Tiffany doing voting for Hunter instead of Cue?

I think it goes back to an earlier part of the episode where they
basically said they weren't going to make it that easy for Q o leave the
game. I also think Tiff knows that there's no way in hell Q can win if
he gets to F3 which makes him the perfect person to take to the end.

--
Brian

Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)

<v0ejmu$37t4r$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/arts/article-flat.php?id=1652&group=alt.tv.survivor#1652

From: dcg_brian@hotmail.com (Brian Smith)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 15:58:50 -0600
 by: Brian Smith - Thu, 25 Apr 2024 21:58 UTC

On 4/25/2024 7:13 AM, Rick wrote:
> "Brian Smith"  wrote in message news:v0csqa$2rrq9$1@dont-email.me...
>>
>> On 4/24/2024 11:57 PM, Brian Smith wrote:
>>
>>> Tribal Council (Night 17)
>>>
>>> This was funny. Jeff started off by telling them that the last TC did
>>> not live up to expectations, which confused them. He then pulled out
>>> a cushion to sit on and a bowl of popcorn. The popcorn setoff a few
>>> of them so Jeff gave it to them. Liz was yelling to save her some.
>>> Jeff: “Liz, you can eat popcorn?” Liz: “Yes!” Jeff: “We finally found
>>> something that Liz can eat!”
>>>
>>> Hunter was so nervous all TC constantly whispering to his #1 Kenz
>>> asking if people were voting for Q. She said they were, Venus said
>>> the same as did Liz. So did Tiff but I think she said that so he
>>> wouldn’t play his HII. I was shocked that neither of them played
>>> their idols. The vote ended up being Q: 4, Hunter: 4, Ben:1 with Q
>>> voting for Ben and Hunter, Liz, Venus, and Kenz voting for Q. Q is
>>> blindly loyal to the 6 alliance. Did he think other people were
>>> voting for Ben? In the revote, Hunter was voted out 7–1 with just Liz
>>> voting to boot Q. Did Hunter get played by Venus and Kenz or did he
>>> make a fatal mistake not playing his HII?
>>
>> Fun fact: Hunter is the 24th player to be voted out while holding a
>> playable idol. Full list of players included in the second tweet. I
>> had totally forgotten that Andrea was voted out on Day 33 in S26 with
>> an idol in her pocket.
>>
>> https://twitter.com/RobsFactChecker/status/1783307507592835417
>>

> I'd like to know what occurs more often - a player is voted out while
> holding a legit idol, or a player plays an idol and it has no effect.
> Or to put it a different way, what is the success rate or batting
> average of a player playing an idol successfully.
>
> And while we're at it - how many times (if ever, I can't think of an
> example off-hand) has a player played an idol for another person and
> then the person playing the idol gets voted out.  I can only think of
> Erik Rickenbacker, who famously gave away his immunity necklace, not an
> idol, to someone else.

How about in Heroes vs. Villains when J.T. gave Russell the HII the
Heroes found as a sign of good faith? This resulted in the epic TC where
Parv used two TCs and the end result was J.T. was voted out.

--
Brian

Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)

<0001HW.2BDB2206000653DF30EE7938F@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/arts/article-flat.php?id=1653&group=alt.tv.survivor#1653

From: reg@telus.invalid (Zeppo)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 16:43:02 -0700
 by: Zeppo - Thu, 25 Apr 2024 23:43 UTC

On Apr 25, 2024, Brian Smith wrote
(in article <v0eg5k$375u2$1@dont-email.me>):

> Great point about the equipment. Do they lose stuff like that when they
> merge or move to a different beach?

The parchment that was delivered to Green Tribe and Purple Tribe
said that they had ten minutes to gather their stuff. We heard Ben say
that he would get his tribe’s fishing gear. The merge took place at
Orange Tribe’s camp, so the larger of the two collections of fishing
equipment would be accessible to all the players. So, it does seem
a little odd that, since the merge, we have not seen anybody using
the scuba gear and the hawaiian sling to catch fish, especially given
Liz’s dietary restrictions.

> I don't recall any of those three sucking in a
> challenge.

You have forgotten about Quintavius’s humiliation in the E03 bean bag
toss, and Liz getting bogged down in the E06 mud pit of terror. OTOH,
Venus has turned out to be more athletic than I had anticipated. Earlier
In the game I was expecting her to be Courtney Yates’ dark haired
doppelgänger :-)

> He did tell others but IIRC, he told Kenz first and told her she's his
> #1 which surprised me.

It certainly must have surprised Kenzie as well. At that point,
Hunter was willing to say anything to anybody, no matter how
ridiculous it sounded.
> He also lied to Q so he deserved to go home just
> for that. lol
When he was scrambling like a crazy man at TC, I’m sure that
Hunter had forgotten all about the Ben vote that he had pitched
to Quintavius

> Totally agree. He screwed up big time. Q ended up being correct when he
> said Hunter wasn't smart enough to think strategically on his own.

I’ll give the big man credit for that.

> I think it goes back to an earlier part of the episode where they
> basically said they weren't going to make it that easy for Q o leave the
> game. I also think Tiff knows that there's no way in hell Q can win if
> he gets to F3 which makes him the perfect person to take to the end.

Good point! There’s absolutely no way that Quintavius can win S46.
So I am left to wonder: If Charlie makes it to FTC, is there anybody that
can beat him? Damn...he is getting a great edit.

Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)

<v0f0cn$3ch9l$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/arts/article-flat.php?id=1654&group=alt.tv.survivor#1654

From: dcg_brian@hotmail.com (Brian Smith)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 19:35:16 -0600
 by: Brian Smith - Fri, 26 Apr 2024 01:35 UTC

On 4/25/2024 5:43 PM, Zeppo wrote:
> On Apr 25, 2024, Brian Smith wrote
> (in article <v0eg5k$375u2$1@dont-email.me>):
>

>> Great point about the equipment. Do they lose stuff like that when they
>> merge or move to a different beach?
>
> The parchment that was delivered to Green Tribe and Purple Tribe
> said that they had ten minutes to gather their stuff. We heard Ben say
> that he would get his tribe’s fishing gear. The merge took place at
> Orange Tribe’s camp, so the larger of the two collections of fishing
> equipment would be accessible to all the players. So, it does seem
> a little odd that, since the merge, we have not seen anybody using
> the scuba gear and the hawaiian sling to catch fish, especially given
> Liz’s dietary restrictions.

This confirms what I thought was/is the situation with what camp they're
at and what they have for fishing gear. Maybe they've been unlucky but
that's hard to believe given they were catching fish before. Does the
sped up schedule kill their fishing time. Ep09 covered 24 hours of game
time and a lot happened.

>> I don't recall any of those three sucking in a
>> challenge.
>
> You have forgotten about Quintavius’s humiliation in the E03 bean bag
> toss, and Liz getting bogged down in the E06 mud pit of terror. OTOH,
> Venus has turned out to be more athletic than I had anticipated. Earlier
> In the game I was expecting her to be Courtney Yates’ dark haired
> doppelgänger :-)

I did forget about the bean bag toss. I'm cutting Liz some slack on the
mud. I'm amazed she's still standing going 3+ days in a row with no
food. Venus has been playing a better game than the edit lets on. Fun
fact: she and Liz are the last two Nami standing. No one expected that
would happen earlier in the season.

>> He did tell others but IIRC, he told Kenz first and told her she's his
>> #1 which surprised me.
>
> It certainly must have surprised Kenzie as well. At that point,
> Hunter was willing to say anything to anybody, no matter how
> ridiculous it sounded.

It was good enough for Venus and Kenz. They're smart enough to see that
Hunter is a huge shield and no doubt have noticed that he's not the
smartest strategic player.

>> He also lied to Q so he deserved to go home just
>> for that. lol
> When he was scrambling like a crazy man at TC, I’m sure that
> Hunter had forgotten all about the Ben vote that he had pitched
> to Quintavius

I think he forgot Survivor basics. If you're feeling as stressed as he
was you play your HII to live another day. He must have also forgot he
could hunt for the same HII the next day.,

>> Totally agree. He screwed up big time. Q ended up being correct when he
>> said Hunter wasn't smart enough to think strategically on his own.
>
> I’ll give the big man credit for that.
>>

>> I think it goes back to an earlier part of the episode where they
>> basically said they weren't going to make it that easy for Q o leave the
>> game. I also think Tiff knows that there's no way in hell Q can win if
>> he gets to F3 which makes him the perfect person to take to the end.
>
> Good point! There’s absolutely no way that Quintavius can win S46.
> So I am left to wonder: If Charlie makes it to FTC, is there anybody that
> can beat him? Damn...he is getting a great edit.

IIRC, Mike Bloom (?) tweeted last night that he thinks Maria and Charlie
are screwing up playing the middle. I think Tiff and Kenz could beat
Charlie. If Liz makes it to the end she would have a good story and
could probably sell it. If everyone knew about Bhanu, Kenz would win by
default.

--
Brian

Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)

<v0fae3$3g2q5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/arts/article-flat.php?id=1655&group=alt.tv.survivor#1655

From: rick@nospam.com (Rick)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 00:26:41 -0400
 by: Rick - Fri, 26 Apr 2024 04:26 UTC

"Brian Smith" wrote in message news:v0ejmu$37t4r$1@dont-email.me...

>On 4/25/2024 7:13 AM, Rick wrote:

>>> Fun fact: Hunter is the 24th player to be voted out while holding a
>>> playable idol. Full list of players included in the second tweet. I had
>>> totally forgotten that Andrea was voted out on Day 33 in S26 with an
>>> idol in her pocket.
>>>
>>> https://twitter.com/RobsFactChecker/status/1783307507592835417
>>>

>> I'd like to know what occurs more often - a player is voted out while
>> holding a legit idol, or a player plays an idol and it has no effect. Or
>> to put it a different way, what is the success rate or batting average of
>> a player playing an idol successfully.
>>
>> And while we're at it - how many times (if ever, I can't think of an
>> example off-hand) has a player played an idol for another person and then
>> the person playing the idol gets voted out. I can only think of Erik
>> Rickenbacker, who famously gave away his immunity necklace, not an idol,
>> to someone else.
>
>How about in Heroes vs. Villains when J.T. gave Russell the HII the Heroes
>found as a sign of good faith? This resulted in the epic TC where Parv used
>two TCs and the end result was J.T. was voted out.

Well I was thinking more of a case where someone plays the idol for another
person at a single TC and then the someone who gave away the idol is voted
out. I'm sure that has happened but can't think of any example.

The JT thing was an epic and much more complicated storyline over multiple
days where JT was able to smuggle the idol over to Russell who was on the
other tribe (Villains), not knowing who Russell was, because no one had seen
his season, and then at the next Heroes TC JT attended, he was voted out.
What always amazed me about that was that even though no one knew who
Russell was, they knew he was on the Villains tribe so why did they possibly
believe he would work with the Heroes?

--

Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)

<v0fm7i$3ieoc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/arts/article-flat.php?id=1656&group=alt.tv.survivor#1656

From: dcg_brian@hotmail.com (Brian Smith)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 01:47:58 -0600
 by: Brian Smith - Fri, 26 Apr 2024 07:47 UTC

On 4/25/2024 10:26 PM, Rick wrote:
> "Brian Smith"  wrote in message news:v0ejmu$37t4r$1@dont-email.me...

>>> I'd like to know what occurs more often - a player is voted out while
>>> holding a legit idol, or a player plays an idol and it has no
>>> effect.  Or to put it a different way, what is the success rate or
>>> batting average of a player playing an idol successfully.
>>>
>>> And while we're at it - how many times (if ever, I can't think of an
>>> example off-hand) has a player played an idol for another person and
>>> then the person playing the idol gets voted out.  I can only think of
>>> Erik Rickenbacker, who famously gave away his immunity necklace, not
>>> an idol, to someone else.
>>
>> How about in Heroes vs. Villains when J.T. gave Russell the HII the
>> Heroes found as a sign of good faith? This resulted in the epic TC
>> where Parv used two TCs and the end result was J.T. was voted out.
>>

> Well I was thinking more of a case where someone plays the idol for
> another person at a single TC and then the someone who gave away the
> idol is voted out.   I'm sure that has happened but can't think of any
> example.

Are you talking Individual Immunity idol or any type of idol or power?

> The JT thing was an epic and much more complicated storyline over
> multiple days where JT was able to smuggle the idol over to Russell who
> was on the other tribe (Villains), not knowing who Russell was, because
> no one had seen his season, and then at the next Heroes TC JT attended,
> he was voted out. What always amazed me about that was that even though
> no one knew who Russell was, they knew he was on the Villains tribe so
> why did they possibly believe he would work with the Heroes?

There was a lot of talk but then that production told Parv a lot about
Russell. The assigning of players as either a Hero or a Villain was
pretty random in a number of cases. For example, why was Court a Villain
and goods stealing Rupert a Hero? And why were Amanda and Parv assigned
differently? If Parv was a Villain b/c of Fans vs. Favorites then so
should have been Amanda. The players might have thought Russell was
misclassified like a lot of them were.

--
Brian

Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)

<v0gfds$3oii8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/arts/article-flat.php?id=1657&group=alt.tv.survivor#1657

From: rick@nospam.com (Rick)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 10:58:03 -0400
 by: Rick - Fri, 26 Apr 2024 14:58 UTC

"Brian Smith" wrote in message news:v0fm7i$3ieoc$1@dont-email.me...

>On 4/25/2024 10:26 PM, Rick wrote:

>>> How about in Heroes vs. Villains when J.T. gave Russell the HII the
>>> Heroes found as a sign of good faith? This resulted in the epic TC where
>>> Parv used two TCs and the end result was J.T. was voted out.
>>>

>> Well I was thinking more of a case where someone plays the idol for
>> another person at a single TC and then the someone who gave away the idol
>> is voted out. I'm sure that has happened but can't think of any
>> example.
>
>Are you talking Individual Immunity idol or any type of idol or power?
>
>> The JT thing was an epic and much more complicated storyline over
>> multiple days where JT was able to smuggle the idol over to Russell who
>> was on the other tribe (Villains), not knowing who Russell was, because
>> no one had seen his season, and then at the next Heroes TC JT attended,
>> he was voted out. What always amazed me about that was that even though
>> no one knew who Russell was, they knew he was on the Villains tribe so
>> why did they possibly believe he would work with the Heroes?
>
>There was a lot of talk but then that production told Parv a lot about
>Russell. The assigning of players as either a Hero or a Villain was pretty
>random in a number of cases. For example, why was Court a Villain and goods
>stealing Rupert a Hero? And why were Amanda and Parv assigned differently?
>If Parv was a Villain b/c of Fans vs. Favorites then so should have been
>Amanda. The players might have thought Russell was misclassified like a lot
>of them were.

I wasn't aware that production had clued Parv in about Russell. That sounds
like interference in the game, especially if everyone wasn't given the same
information. Only thing I remember from the show was JT thinking Russell
was some naïve and innocent newcomer to the game that they could easily rope
into an alliance. The fact that he was classified as a "Villain" should
have given him some pause.

There was definitely some vagueness in the classification of who was a
villain and who was a hero. I figured Rupert was classified as a hero
because fans liked him and he did win the most popular player award that one
season. Yes, he stole shoes and such, but that was more in the spirit of
the game and being a "pirate" on that season. Rupert basically came across
as genuine and non-manipulative. OTOH, Court did have a bit of a reputation
as a schemer, so I could see her as a villain. Regarding Amanda and Parv,
my thought was that of the two of them, Parv was more strategic and seemed
to be smarter about the game, but honestly she could have been a hero as
much as a villain.

Yeah, I was trying to think of anyone who had a conventional immunity idol
which they played for someone else at a TC and then the person who handed
off the idol got voted off. Kind of like what Erik did except his was an
immunity necklace and not an idol. I'm sure this has happened at least
once, but I can't think of an example and don't feel like researching it.

--

Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)

<v0groe$3rf7u$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/arts/article-flat.php?id=1658&group=alt.tv.survivor#1658

From: dcg_brian@hotmail.com (Brian Smith)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 12:28:27 -0600
 by: Brian Smith - Fri, 26 Apr 2024 18:28 UTC

On 4/26/2024 8:58 AM, Rick wrote:
> "Brian Smith"  wrote in message news:v0fm7i$3ieoc$1@dont-email.me...

>>> Well I was thinking more of a case where someone plays the idol for
>>> another person at a single TC and then the someone who gave away the
>>> idol is voted out.   I'm sure that has happened but can't think of
>>> any example.
>>
>> Are you talking Individual Immunity idol or any type of idol or power?
>>
>>> The JT thing was an epic and much more complicated storyline over
>>> multiple days where JT was able to smuggle the idol over to Russell
>>> who was on the other tribe (Villains), not knowing who Russell was,
>>> because no one had seen his season, and then at the next Heroes TC JT
>>> attended, he was voted out. What always amazed me about that was that
>>> even though no one knew who Russell was, they knew he was on the
>>> Villains tribe so why did they possibly believe he would work with
>>> the Heroes?
>>
>> There was a lot of talk but then that production told Parv a lot about
>> Russell. The assigning of players as either a Hero or a Villain was
>> pretty random in a number of cases. For example, why was Court a
>> Villain and goods stealing Rupert a Hero? And why were Amanda and Parv
>> assigned differently? If Parv was a Villain b/c of Fans vs. Favorites
>> then so should have been Amanda. The players might have thought
>> Russell was misclassified like a lot of them were.
>>

> I wasn't aware that production had clued Parv in about Russell.  That
> sounds like interference in the game, especially if everyone wasn't
> given the same information.  Only thing I remember from the show was JT
> thinking Russell was some naïve and innocent newcomer to the game that
> they could easily rope into an alliance.  The fact that he was
> classified as a "Villain" should have given him some pause.

IIRC, the story is that Parv had a friend(s) in production and was told
about Russell. I believe the story. A lot of players like her become
friends with people in production. From what I remember, she seemed to
have figured out Russell very quickly that season. No idea if anyone
else was fed info about him.

> There was definitely some vagueness in the classification of who was a
> villain and who was a hero.  I figured Rupert was classified as a hero
> because fans liked him and he did win the most popular player award that
> one season.   Yes, he stole shoes and such, but that was more in the
> spirit of the game and being a "pirate" on that season.   Rupert
> basically came across as genuine and non-manipulative.  OTOH, Court did
> have a bit of a reputation as a schemer, so I could see her as a
> villain.  Regarding Amanda and Parv, my thought was that of the two of
> them, Parv was more strategic and seemed to be smarter about the game,
> but honestly she could have been a hero as much as a villain.
>
> Yeah, I was trying to think of anyone who had a conventional immunity
> idol which they played for someone else at a TC and then the person who
> handed off the idol got voted off.   Kind of like what Erik did except
> his was an immunity necklace and not an idol.   I'm sure this has
> happened at least once, but I can't think of an example and don't feel
> like researching it.

Here's a thread from about eight months ago on this very topic on
Reddit. Reading through the comments I see that someone mentions Brandon
also gave up Individual Immunity and got voted out on South Pacific
(Sophie's season).

https://www.reddit.com/r/survivor/comments/161p3ci/has_anyone_ever_played_an_idol_on_someone_else/

--
Brian

Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)

<v0h1di$3soo4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/arts/article-flat.php?id=1659&group=alt.tv.survivor#1659

From: rick@nospam.com (Rick)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 16:05:05 -0400
 by: Rick - Fri, 26 Apr 2024 20:05 UTC

"Brian Smith" wrote in message news:v0groe$3rf7u$1@dont-email.me...

>On 4/26/2024 8:58 AM, Rick wrote:

>>> Are you talking Individual Immunity idol or any type of idol or power?

>>> There was a lot of talk but then that production told Parv a lot about
>>> Russell. The assigning of players as either a Hero or a Villain was
>>> pretty random in a number of cases. For example, why was Court a Villain
>>> and goods stealing Rupert a Hero? And why were Amanda and Parv assigned
>>> differently? If Parv was a Villain b/c of Fans vs. Favorites then so
>>> should have been Amanda. The players might have thought Russell was
>>> misclassified like a lot of them were.
>>>

>> I wasn't aware that production had clued Parv in about Russell. That
>> sounds like interference in the game, especially if everyone wasn't given
>> the same information. Only thing I remember from the show was JT
>> thinking Russell was some naïve and innocent newcomer to the game that
>> they could easily rope into an alliance. The fact that he was classified
>> as a "Villain" should have given him some pause.
>
>IIRC, the story is that Parv had a friend(s) in production and was told
>about Russell. I believe the story. A lot of players like her become
>friends with people in production. From what I remember, she seemed to have
>figured out Russell very quickly that season. No idea if anyone else was
>fed info about him.
>
>> There was definitely some vagueness in the classification of who was a
>> villain and who was a hero. I figured Rupert was classified as a hero
>> because fans liked him and he did win the most popular player award that
>> one season. Yes, he stole shoes and such, but that was more in the
>> spirit of the game and being a "pirate" on that season. Rupert
>> basically came across as genuine and non-manipulative. OTOH, Court did
>> have a bit of a reputation as a schemer, so I could see her as a villain.
>> Regarding Amanda and Parv, my thought was that of the two of them, Parv
>> was more strategic and seemed to be smarter about the game, but honestly
>> she could have been a hero as much as a villain.
>>
>> Yeah, I was trying to think of anyone who had a conventional immunity
>> idol which they played for someone else at a TC and then the person who
>> handed off the idol got voted off. Kind of like what Erik did except
>> his was an immunity necklace and not an idol. I'm sure this has
>> happened at least once, but I can't think of an example and don't feel
>> like researching it.
>
>Here's a thread from about eight months ago on this very topic on Reddit.
>Reading through the comments I see that someone mentions Brandon also gave
>up Individual Immunity and got voted out on South Pacific (Sophie's
>season).
>
>https://www.reddit.com/r/survivor/comments/161p3ci/has_anyone_ever_played_an_idol_on_someone_else/

Interesting. Brandon and Erik both gave up immunity necklaces, which is a
different case because it happened before the vote and therefore affected
the vote. And Sandra did give her idol to Denise prior to a TC at which
Denise ended up playing the idol on herself and Sandra was voted out. But
the thread does seem to confirm that no one on US Survivor has ever played
their idol for someone else while at a TC and then the player giving away
the idol is voted out. That surprises me. I thought I remembered seeing
this, but I must have been confused by Australian Survivor, where I know it
has happened more than once.

--

Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)

<0001HW.2BDC4227000AB7FD30E09D38F@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/arts/article-flat.php?id=1660&group=alt.tv.survivor#1660

From: reg@telus.invalid (Zeppo)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 13:12:23 -0700
 by: Zeppo - Fri, 26 Apr 2024 20:12 UTC

On Apr 26, 2024, Brian Smith wrote
(in article <v0groe$3rf7u$1@dont-email.me>):

> Here's a thread from about eight months ago on this very topic on
> Reddit. Reading through the comments I see that someone mentions Brandon
> also gave up Individual Immunity and got voted out on South Pacific
> (Sophie's season).
IIRC, Hantz Junior gave the immunity necklace that he had won at
the most recent challenge to another player. HJ was subsequently
sent to Redemption Island in the subsequent vote where he was
defeated in a duel with Ozzy.

Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)

<v0h3ia$3t7ht$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/arts/article-flat.php?id=1661&group=alt.tv.survivor#1661

From: dcg_brian@hotmail.com (Brian Smith)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 14:41:43 -0600
 by: Brian Smith - Fri, 26 Apr 2024 20:41 UTC

On 4/26/2024 2:12 PM, Zeppo wrote:
> On Apr 26, 2024, Brian Smith wrote
> (in article <v0groe$3rf7u$1@dont-email.me>):
>

>> Here's a thread from about eight months ago on this very topic on
>> Reddit. Reading through the comments I see that someone mentions Brandon
>> also gave up Individual Immunity and got voted out on South Pacific
>> (Sophie's season).
> IIRC, Hantz Junior gave the immunity necklace that he had won at
> the most recent challenge to another player. HJ was subsequently
> sent to Redemption Island in the subsequent vote where he was
> defeated in a duel with Ozzy.

Redemption Island partially explains why he was willing to risk giving
up the immunity necklace. But did he think he could beat Ozzy in a
challenge? Or did he think the vote would go differently? I can't recall
if he believed Coach was closer to him than Sophie. When Brandon lost
the duel to Ozzy, Jeff must have thought his stupid RI twist was going
to result in his second fave in a row winning the game. Thank God Sophie
staged that miraculous comeback in the following (?) IC which allowed
the tribe to boot Ozzy. Jeff seemed to hold that against Sophie for
years and probably still does.

--
Brian

Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)

<v0h40h$3t7ht$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/arts/article-flat.php?id=1662&group=alt.tv.survivor#1662

From: dcg_brian@hotmail.com (Brian Smith)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 14:49:21 -0600
 by: Brian Smith - Fri, 26 Apr 2024 20:49 UTC

On 4/26/2024 2:05 PM, Rick wrote:
> "Brian Smith"  wrote in message news:v0groe$3rf7u$1@dont-email.me...

>>> I wasn't aware that production had clued Parv in about Russell.  That
>>> sounds like interference in the game, especially if everyone wasn't
>>> given the same information.  Only thing I remember from the show was
>>> JT thinking Russell was some naïve and innocent newcomer to the game
>>> that they could easily rope into an alliance.  The fact that he was
>>> classified as a "Villain" should have given him some pause.
>>
>> IIRC, the story is that Parv had a friend(s) in production and was
>> told about Russell. I believe the story. A lot of players like her
>> become friends with people in production. From what I remember, she
>> seemed to have figured out Russell very quickly that season. No idea
>> if anyone else was fed info about him.
>>
>>> There was definitely some vagueness in the classification of who was
>>> a villain and who was a hero.  I figured Rupert was classified as a
>>> hero because fans liked him and he did win the most popular player
>>> award that one season.   Yes, he stole shoes and such, but that was
>>> more in the spirit of the game and being a "pirate" on that season.
>>> Rupert basically came across as genuine and non-manipulative.  OTOH,
>>> Court did have a bit of a reputation as a schemer, so I could see her
>>> as a villain. Regarding Amanda and Parv, my thought was that of the
>>> two of them, Parv was more strategic and seemed to be smarter about
>>> the game, but honestly she could have been a hero as much as a villain.
>>>
>>> Yeah, I was trying to think of anyone who had a conventional immunity
>>> idol which they played for someone else at a TC and then the person
>>> who handed off the idol got voted off.   Kind of like what Erik did
>>> except his was an immunity necklace and not an idol.   I'm sure this
>>> has happened at least once, but I can't think of an example and don't
>>> feel like researching it.
>>
>> Here's a thread from about eight months ago on this very topic on
>> Reddit. Reading through the comments I see that someone mentions
>> Brandon also gave up Individual Immunity and got voted out on South
>> Pacific (Sophie's season).
>>
>> https://www.reddit.com/r/survivor/comments/161p3ci/has_anyone_ever_played_an_idol_on_someone_else/
>>

> Interesting.  Brandon and Erik both gave up immunity necklaces, which is
> a different case because it happened before the vote and therefore
> affected the vote.   And Sandra did give her idol to Denise prior to a
> TC at which Denise ended up playing the idol on herself and Sandra was
> voted out.  But the thread does seem to confirm that no one on US
> Survivor has ever played their idol for someone else while at a TC and
> then the player giving away the idol is voted out.   That surprises me.
> I thought I remembered seeing this, but I must have been confused by
> Australian Survivor, where I know it has happened more than once.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)

<0001HW.2BDC5500000F22B230E09D38F@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/arts/article-flat.php?id=1663&group=alt.tv.survivor#1663

From: reg@telus.invalid (Zeppo)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 14:32:48 -0700
 by: Zeppo - Fri, 26 Apr 2024 21:32 UTC

On Apr 25, 2024, Brian Smith wrote
(in article <v0f0cn$3ch9l$1@dont-email.me>):

> Venus has been playing a better game than the edit lets on. Fun
> fact: she and Liz are the last two Nami standing. No one expected that
> would happen earlier in the season.

IMO, things may have played out a lot differently if Randen had stayed
in the game. He had found the same Beware Advantage that eventually
ended up in Hunter’s hands, and had shared that information with Venus.
He was also a big strong guy who certainly wouldn’t have hurt Orange Tribe
in challenges. Of course, he may not have been able to find the key that
opened the locked advantage box which, as Hunter found out, was not
exactly a gimme. But, with him still in the game, Orange Tribe would have
gone into the merge with all six members, and somebody who appeared
committed to working with Venus. As a result, subsequent votes may have
turned out quite differently.

> It was good enough for Venus and Kenz. They're smart enough to see that
> Hunter is a huge shield and no doubt have noticed that he's not the
> smartest strategic player.

Yes. Kenzie and Venus both voted for Quintavius in the first round,
but changed their votes to Hunter in the revote, which was clearly
the correct thing to do.

> If Liz makes it to the end she would have a good story and
> could probably sell it.

I have a feeling about Liz, and it’s not a good one. When I was thinking
about
Randen, I remembered that, in confessional, he said that he felt that all of
Liz’s
talk about being a millionaire and owning four companies etc. was bullshit.
I started to wonder why that comment was left in the edit given that Randen
ended up being a complete non factor in the game, and there is speculation
among some viewers that Liz made it to FTC, or perhaps is even the winner
of S46.

Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)

<v0h8n3$3uaia$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/arts/article-flat.php?id=1664&group=alt.tv.survivor#1664

From: dcg_brian@hotmail.com (Brian Smith)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 16:09:36 -0600
 by: Brian Smith - Fri, 26 Apr 2024 22:09 UTC

On 4/26/2024 3:32 PM, Zeppo wrote:
> On Apr 25, 2024, Brian Smith wrote
> (in article <v0f0cn$3ch9l$1@dont-email.me>):
>

>> Venus has been playing a better game than the edit lets on. Fun
>> fact: she and Liz are the last two Nami standing. No one expected that
>> would happen earlier in the season.
>
> IMO, things may have played out a lot differently if Randen had stayed
> in the game. He had found the same Beware Advantage that eventually
> ended up in Hunter’s hands, and had shared that information with Venus.
> He was also a big strong guy who certainly wouldn’t have hurt Orange Tribe
> in challenges. Of course, he may not have been able to find the key that
> opened the locked advantage box which, as Hunter found out, was not
> exactly a gimme. But, with him still in the game, Orange Tribe would have
> gone into the merge with all six members, and somebody who appeared
> committed to working with Venus. As a result, subsequent votes may have
> turned out quite differently.

For sure. He deserves another shot to play just like Bruce got.

>> It was good enough for Venus and Kenz. They're smart enough to see that
>> Hunter is a huge shield and no doubt have noticed that he's not the
>> smartest strategic player.
>
> Yes. Kenzie and Venus both voted for Quintavius in the first round,
> but changed their votes to Hunter in the revote, which was clearly
> the correct thing to do.

Yes.

>> If Liz makes it to the end she would have a good story and
>> could probably sell it.
>
> I have a feeling about Liz, and it’s not a good one. When I was thinking
> about
> Randen, I remembered that, in confessional, he said that he felt that all of
> Liz’s
> talk about being a millionaire and owning four companies etc. was bullshit.
> I started to wonder why that comment was left in the edit given that Randen
> ended up being a complete non factor in the game, and there is speculation
> among some viewers that Liz made it to FTC, or perhaps is even the winner
> of S46.

I had forgotten he said that about Liz. Did you look at my post about
Liz's tweet? A lot of people were blindside when she said during TC that
she has a daughter. Turns out it's true and if look at her IG the
business stuff looks true as well. Not sure if she's a millionaire but
it looks like she could be bringing in a lot of passive income. Maybe
they left his comments in to help tell Liz's story at FTC.

I've seen no speculation that Liz makes F3 let alone wins. I really
haven't seen much speculation for any of them winning. Remember that
photo I posted earlier in the season of Ben with Terry and Dee? What a
shocker it would be if Ben won. A Ben, Q, Venus F3 would probably result
in him winning as the jury wouldn't respect Venus's game.

--
Brian

Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)

<v0hb5k$3ur8h$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/arts/article-flat.php?id=1665&group=alt.tv.survivor#1665

From: rick@nospam.com (Rick)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 18:51:32 -0400
 by: Rick - Fri, 26 Apr 2024 22:51 UTC

"Zeppo" wrote in message

>On Apr 25, 2024, Brian Smith wrote
>(in article <v0f0cn$3ch9l$1@dont-email.me>):
>

>> Venus has been playing a better game than the edit lets on. Fun
>> fact: she and Liz are the last two Nami standing. No one expected that
>> would happen earlier in the season.
>
>IMO, things may have played out a lot differently if Randen had stayed
>in the game. He had found the same Beware Advantage that eventually
>ended up in Hunter’s hands, and had shared that information with Venus.
>He was also a big strong guy who certainly wouldn’t have hurt Orange Tribe
>in challenges. Of course, he may not have been able to find the key that
>opened the locked advantage box which, as Hunter found out, was not
>exactly a gimme. But, with him still in the game, Orange Tribe would have
>gone into the merge with all six members, and somebody who appeared
>committed to working with Venus. As a result, subsequent votes may have
>turned out quite differently.
>

>> It was good enough for Venus and Kenz. They're smart enough to see that
>> Hunter is a huge shield and no doubt have noticed that he's not the
>> smartest strategic player.
>
>Yes. Kenzie and Venus both voted for Quintavius in the first round,
>but changed their votes to Hunter in the revote, which was clearly
>the correct thing to do.
>>
>> If Liz makes it to the end she would have a good story and
>> could probably sell it.
>
>I have a feeling about Liz, and it’s not a good one. When I was thinking
>about
>Randen, I remembered that, in confessional, he said that he felt that all
>of
>Liz’s
>talk about being a millionaire and owning four companies etc. was bullshit.
>I started to wonder why that comment was left in the edit given that Randen
>ended up being a complete non factor in the game, and there is speculation
>among some viewers that Liz made it to FTC, or perhaps is even the winner
>of S46.

Liz could very well be the winner. I've said before she is very smart and
playing a pretty decent under-the-radar game. I think she told everyone she
was wealthy to make the others realize she doesn't need the money, and maybe
to hint they should keep her around because no one would vote for a
millionaire to win the game (although that's pretty much what happened with
Gabler).

I do find it interesting that Randen would think that Liz is faking her
background. Randen and Liz are both from Orlando, so I wonder if Randen
knew her beforehand or ever met her. Full disclosure - I live in Orlando
too but have never encountered either one of them. But I did do a Google
search and her background does seem to be legit. Of course owning multiple
companies doesn't necessarily make you rich (they could be failed companies,
after all), but Randen's impressions are interesting.

Here are a few articles I found on Liz that seem to pre-date her time on
Survivor:

https://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/news/liz-wilcox-the-fresh-princess-of-email-marketing-is-celebrating-her-2-year-business-anniversary-with-style

https://thethingorlando.com/speakers/liz-wilcox/

https://lizwilcox.com/

And here is her linkedIn:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/liz-wilcox-58740b1b0/

--

Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)

<87wmoidaif.fsf@dataswamp.org>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/arts/article-flat.php?id=1672&group=alt.tv.survivor#1672

From: incal@dataswamp.org (Emanuel Berg)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2024 18:40:40 +0200
 by: Emanuel Berg - Sat, 27 Apr 2024 16:40 UTC

Rick wrote:

>> Venus has been playing a better game than the edit lets on [...]
>
> Liz could very well be the winner.

Very good episode finally, US Survivor, and maybe me as well,
are notorious slow-starters but now I'm finally enthusiastic
about the show again!

Liz is a poor man's Aubz, maybe?

And Hunter was right, Venus is unlikable. She has the
supposedly photogenic style with the tall neck and "alien"
exotic looks, they look for that in the photo model business
so maybe she can make a buck or two there. To the common man,
or to most common men at least, it isn't really attractive
and, always being angry and antagonistic - that's how it looks
on the show anyway - yeah, much less so of course.

If she wins, I'll be very, very surprised. But that has
happened before!

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal

Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)

<87ttjmda9b.fsf@dataswamp.org>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/arts/article-flat.php?id=1673&group=alt.tv.survivor#1673

From: incal@dataswamp.org (Emanuel Berg)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2024 18:46:08 +0200
 by: Emanuel Berg - Sat, 27 Apr 2024 16:46 UTC

Rick wrote:

> I think she told everyone she was wealthy to make the others
> realize she doesn't need the money, and maybe to hint they
> should keep her around because no one would vote for
> a millionaire to win the game (although that's pretty much
> what happened with Gabler).

Of all the S01-S45 winners, who do you think was the most
wealthy before winning?

Sandra and Tony should both be high up on that list, with
money from their previous wins and also side-effect money from
being a celebrity already.

But maybe Gabler, or someone else, was even more rich when
they won?

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal

Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)

<87le4yd63n.fsf@dataswamp.org>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/arts/article-flat.php?id=1677&group=alt.tv.survivor#1677

From: incal@dataswamp.org (Emanuel Berg)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2024 20:15:56 +0200
 by: Emanuel Berg - Sat, 27 Apr 2024 18:15 UTC

Really bad by Hunter not to play his idol.

You tend to trust your alliance, that is why people sometimes
get voted out with not one but two idols.

But here he was very nervous about it, he didn't trust anyone.
Why didn't he play it?

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal

Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)

<v0jh3a$h0rg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/arts/article-flat.php?id=1678&group=alt.tv.survivor#1678

From: rick@nospam.com (Rick)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2024 14:44:57 -0400
 by: Rick - Sat, 27 Apr 2024 18:44 UTC

"Emanuel Berg" wrote in message news:87ttjmda9b.fsf@dataswamp.org...

>Rick wrote:
>
>> I think she told everyone she was wealthy to make the others
>> realize she doesn't need the money, and maybe to hint they
>> should keep her around because no one would vote for
>> a millionaire to win the game (although that's pretty much
>> what happened with Gabler).
>
>Of all the S01-S45 winners, who do you think was the most
>wealthy before winning?
>
>Sandra and Tony should both be high up on that list, with
>money from their previous wins and also side-effect money from
>being a celebrity already.
>
>But maybe Gabler, or someone else, was even more rich when
>they won?

That's a great question. S37 winner Nick was an attorney and attorneys
often are paid well, though I vaguely recall he worked as a public defender,
so maybe that doesn't mean much in his case. Yul was a business guy who
knew Finance pretty well, so I would think he would have money. I believe
he later worked at both Facebook and Google, but that was probably after he
had won. Several winners had their own companies before they won, like Earl
and Kim, so maybe some of them were reasonably well off. Wasn't Hatch a
management consultant? Danni worked in TV as a sports commentator, I think,
so depending on the market she was in, maybe she had some money

If you count family income, Boston Rob's wife Amber had already won a
million for winning Survivor All-Stars and Rob had won at least $100K for
that season plus whatever they both had won on their prior seasons before he
finally won. Rob was also pretty well known by the time of his winning
season, so maybe it's Boston Rob?

A related question is of all the people who ever played on Survivor, who
made the most money afterward as a result of being on the show? I would
exclude people who were already mega-rich celebs when they were cast like
Jimmy Johnson and some of the pro athletes. Of the regular people who were
cast on the show, my guess would be Elizabeth Filarski Hasselbeck, who got a
gig on a network TV show for several years as a direct result of her time on
the show and is no doubt a multi-millionaire today.

--

Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)

<v0jjdb$hj52$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/arts/article-flat.php?id=1680&group=alt.tv.survivor#1680

From: rick@nospam.com (Rick)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2024 15:24:25 -0400
 by: Rick - Sat, 27 Apr 2024 19:24 UTC

"Emanuel Berg" wrote in message news:87le4yd63n.fsf@dataswamp.org...

>Really bad by Hunter not to play his idol.
>
>You tend to trust your alliance, that is why people sometimes
>get voted out with not one but two idols.
>
>But here he was very nervous about it, he didn't trust anyone.
>Why didn't he play it?

Because he looked around at the live Tribal and several people were saying
Vote Q. I didn't pause it at that moment to track who said that to him, but
he obviously felt confident enough to take the chance.

I thought it was dumb. dumb, dumb for him to not play the idol. Anytime
there is doubt or ambiguity or any kind of live tribal or discussion right
up to the moment of voting, you play the damned idol! The worst case is
that you play it wrong, and then you go looking for it again the next day.
Hunter should have known he was the best at finding a re-planted idol, and
he was also had the best chance of winning immunities. He 100% should have
played it.
--

Re: S46 Ep09 Spoilers and Comments (April 24, 2024)

<87frv6d29v.fsf@dataswamp.org>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/arts/article-flat.php?id=1681&group=alt.tv.survivor#1681

From: incal@dataswamp.org (Emanuel Berg)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2024 21:38:36 +0200
 by: Emanuel Berg - Sat, 27 Apr 2024 19:38 UTC

Rick wrote:

> Anytime there is doubt or ambiguity or any kind of live
> tribal or discussion right up to the moment of voting, you
> play the damned idol!

Ikr?

But he sure must be his own hardest critic at this point :)