...and scantily clad females, of course. Who cares if it's below zero outside. -- Linus Torvalds

tech / sci.engr.joining.welding / Re: Dumpster repair? Anyone do it?

SubjectAuthor
* Dumpster repair? Anyone do it?Kevin Smith
`- Dumpster repair? Anyone do it?Bob La Londe

1
Re: Dumpster repair? Anyone do it?

<d4f08894-2a90-4e7c-a655-5ec38093d00en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/tech/article-flat.php?id=873&group=sci.engr.joining.welding#873

Newsgroups: sci.engr.joining.welding
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2022 08:16:12 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Dumpster repair? Anyone do it?
From: kagesinc@gmail.com (Kevin Smith)
 by: Kevin Smith - Wed, 2 Nov 2022 15:16 UTC

On Tuesday, May 24, 2016 at 12:18:03 PM UTC-4, Danny Polli wrote:
> replying to Bob, Danny Polli wrote:
> Bob
> I run a dumpster repair business in Alabama. I would like to speak with you.
> Call me at 251 487 1722.
>
> --
> posted from
> http://www.polytechforum.com/welding/dumpster-repair-anyone-do-it-25290-.htm
Hey I noticed your post regarding dumpster welding, and I have a question for you. I've been a welder for 12 years and there's a roll-off container Place directly across the street. I went in there to apply and they said they have welding jobs that need done, they have their own tools, but no welder.. They asked me to come by and quote a few containers for them but I'm not sure as to what I would charge since they have all the tools, and I have all the experience. Since it's contract work and they supply all the tools, what would I charge for the hourly labor? Welding in my area pays around 20 an hour. Thank you and sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot. LOL

Re: Dumpster repair? Anyone do it?

<tjugbj$17vqt$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/tech/article-flat.php?id=874&group=sci.engr.joining.welding#874

From: none@none.com99 (Bob La Londe)
Newsgroups: sci.engr.joining.welding
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2022 12:27:47 -0700
 by: Bob La Londe - Wed, 2 Nov 2022 19:27 UTC

On 11/2/2022 8:16 AM, Kevin Smith wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 24, 2016 at 12:18:03 PM UTC-4, Danny Polli wrote:
>> replying to Bob, Danny Polli wrote:
>> Bob
>> I run a dumpster repair business in Alabama. I would like to speak with you.
>> Call me at 251 487 1722.
>>
>> --
>> posted from
>> http://www.polytechforum.com/welding/dumpster-repair-anyone-do-it-25290-.htm
> Hey I noticed your post regarding dumpster welding, and I have a question for you. I've been a welder for 12 years and there's a roll-off container Place directly across the street. I went in there to apply and they said they have welding jobs that need done, they have their own tools, but no welder. They asked me to come by and quote a few containers for them but I'm not sure as to what I would charge since they have all the tools, and I have all the experience. Since it's contract work and they supply all the tools, what would I charge for the hourly labor? Welding in my area pays around 20 an hour. Thank you and sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot. LOL

If its contract work then remember you have to pay all your own taxes
including 100% of your SSI. Not just the "half" an employer takes out
of your paycheck. They just give you a 1099 and its all on you. Don't
forget to cover your wage, extra taxes, and the time you will have to
spend making sure its right or paying your accountant to make sure its
right.

You may also find you want to use some of your own gear anyway. Welding
helmet, gloves, chipping hammer, jacket, cap, etc. Bear in mind that
you may have to replace some of that over the course of a few jobs, and
you will have to replace all of it over time. Add a factor for that in
your bids.

Maybe also add in a small headache factor due to what will probably be
sporadic work or very short jobs. Remember it costs you just as much to
get to work whether you work for ten minutes or ten hours.

After calculating all of that give them a marginally high bid on your
first couple jobs. You can always come down, but its nearly impossible
to go up.

--
Bob La Londe
CNC Molds N Stuff

www.avg.com

tech / sci.engr.joining.welding / Re: Dumpster repair? Anyone do it?