From: marketing@arrl.org (ARRL)
Newsgroups: rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.info
Subject: The ARRL Current
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2023 14:33:41 EST
=NCmt
 by: ARRL - Tue, 12 Dec 2023 19:33 UTC

Now Online! The most recent digital editions of QST [
https://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/html5/reader/production/default.aspx?pubname=&pubid=604160a2-6442-4ed0-9695-2e753da4eb98
] , On the Air [
https://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/html5/reader/production/default.aspx?pubname=&pubid=2b55b7de-280c-4770-b209-5aafb264d669
] , QEX [
https://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/html5/reader/production/default.aspx?pubname=&pubid=1025e13a-735b-4a99-8b09-149c006f5765
] , and NCJ [
https://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/html5/reader/production/default.aspx?pubname=&pubid=cb9a602a-2ac3-4118-be65-472c66e5f9e9
]

[http://www.arrl.org/qst]

[http://www.arrl.org/on-the-air-magazine]

[http://www.arrl.org/arrl-magazines]

Read Digital Issues Now
http://www.arrl.org/arrl-magazines

IMPORTANT: About Membership and Magazines

All members continue to have access to four digital magazines: QST, On the
Air, QEX, and NCJ. Printed-and-mailed issues of QST and On the Air magazines
will not be included with current and new memberships effective January 1,
2024. Print subscriptions are available and sold separately. A summary of
2024 dues rates and related changes are available at
www.arrl.org/2024-dues-rates [ http://www.arrl.org/2024-dues-rates ] .

January QST

[https://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/html5/reader/production/default.aspx?pubname=&pubid=604160a2-6442-4ed0-9695-2e753da4eb98]

An Easy, Inexpensive Voice Keyer
John S. Raydo, K0IZ

Make contest contacts even quicker with a pushbutton voice keyer that can
record one 10-second message. Get instructions for this build in "An Easy,
Inexpensive Voice Keyer," by John Raydo, K0IZ, and check out the bonus video
of the keyer in action. Read QST [
https://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/html5/reader/production/default.aspx?pubname=&pubid=604160a2-6442-4ed0-9695-2e753da4eb98
]

November/December On the Air

[https://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/html5/reader/production/default.aspx?pubname=&pubid=2b55b7de-280c-4770-b209-5aafb264d669]

The Ins and Outs of Coaxial Connector Adapters
Scott Freeberg, WA9WFA

Hams use coaxial cable to make connections between all kinds of radio
equipment, but what happens when you need to plug that coax into a connector
that doesn't match the one that's already on the coax? That's where coaxial
connector adapters come in! "The Ins and Outs of Coaxial Connector Adapters,"
by Scott Freeberg, WA9WFA, will give you the basics on these handy
accessories and how they can make your life much easier when assembling your
station. Read On the Air [
https://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/html5/reader/production/default.aspx?pubname=&pubid=2b55b7de-280c-4770-b209-5aafb264d669
]

November/December QEX

Learn innovative radio technology and breakthroughs from ham radio's greatest
minds. Read QEX [
https://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/html5/reader/production/default.aspx?pubname=&pubid=1025e13a-735b-4a99-8b09-149c006f5765
]

November/December NCJ

Radiosport techniques and tips delivered directly to you from today's top
contesters. Read NCJ [
https://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/html5/reader/production/default.aspx?pubname=&pubid=cb9a602a-2ac3-4118-be65-472c66e5f9e9
]

Get a limited-edition NCJ challenge coin with your 2023 National Contest
Journal subscription �-" new and renewing subscribers. A great memento for
any contester or ARRL collector. Subscribe Now [
https://www.arrl.org/ncj-subscription-form ]

On the Air Podcast

[https://blubrry.com/arrlontheair/]

The December 2023 episode builds upon On the Air magazine's November/December
2023 article, "Bits and Baud." Its author, former QST Editor Steve Ford,
WB8IMY, joins the podcast to further discuss the difference between bit rate
and baud rate, and explain why hams are concerned with these measurements in
the first place. Listen Dec 14 [ https://blubrry.com/arrlontheair/ ]

Holiday Gift-Giving

[https://arrl.auctionanything.com/]

ARRL has your gift-giving wrapped up! From our must-have books, maps, and
station accessories to our one-of-a-kind branded items and best-selling
end-fed half-wave antenna kit, we've got the gifts to thrill every ham on
your list. Place your order by noon on Friday, December 15 for guaranteed
holiday delivery [
https://home.arrl.org/action/Shop/Customer-Support/Holiday-Shipping-Schedule
] (standard shipping in the US). Shop Now [ http://www.arrl.org/shop ]

ARRL has made shopping easy for you with our 2023 Ham Radio Holiday Gift
Guide. We've brought together 10 great companies offering their seasons best.
You can view it on our website [
https://www.arrl.org/files/file/Ham%20Radio%20Holiday%20Gift%20Guide.pdf ] .

Give the Gift of Membership

[http://www.arrl.org/amateur-radio-grants]

Looking for the perfect last-minute gift? Introduce your family and friends
to amateur radio with an ARRL membership. To purchase a gift membership, or
place an order by phone, call 860-594-0200 or toll-free 1-888-277-5289. ARRL
Member Services is available Monday - Thursday 8 am - 7 pm (ET) and Friday 8
am - 5 pm (ET).

Development

Make a tax-deductible donation to ARRL in 2023. We know that you have many
options when it comes to your end-of-year giving. Please consider giving a
gift to ARRL this holiday season in support of our mission to advance the
art, science, and enjoyment of amateur radio. Donate Now [
https://home.arrl.org/action/Donate ]

Promoting and Protecting Amateur Radio

When you join ARRL, you support our efforts for a strong and vibrant Amateur
Radio Service. Our Washington, D.C. regulatory affairs team filed a technical
report against an effort from stock traders that would obliterate our HF
bands. The ARRL Legislative Advocacy Committee is making great strides in
efforts to eliminate private land use restrictions on hams. Your membership
support helps continue our efforts to lawmakers on Capitol Hill, state
legislatures, and even on the international stage. Learn More [
http://arrl.org/regulatory-advocacy ]

Upcoming Conventions

Winterfest [
http://www.arrl.org/hamfests/winterfest-arrl-midwest-division-convention-3 ]
| January 27, 2024

ARRL Midwest Division Convention, Collinsville, Illinois

Orlando HamCation [
http://www.arrl.org/hamfests/orlando-hamcation-arrl-florida-state-convention
] | February 9 - 11, 2024

ARRL Florida State Convention, Orlando, Florida

On-Air Events

Straight Key Night [ http://www.arrl.org/straight-key-night ] | January 1,
2024

Kids Day [ http://www.arrl.org/kids-day ] | January 6, 2024

RTTY Roundup [ http://www.arrl.org/rtty-roundup ] | January 6 - 7, 2024

Volunteers On the Air [ https://vota.arrl.org/ ] | Yearlong

[https://www.arrl.org/ncj-50th-anniversary-challenge-coin]

[http://arrl.org/volunteer-examiners]

[https://www.arrl.org/volunteers-on-the-air]

ARRL E-Newsletters
Get news, information, and alerts that matter to you, delivered directly to
your email inbox.

Subscribe today [ https://home.arrl.org/action/My-Account/Opt-In-Out ] .

ARRL Letter
Everything you need to know about ARRL and ham radio news in one easy-to-scan
newsletter sent

weekly.

ARRL Contest Update
Offering a biweekly roundup of information on upcoming contests for both the
active and casual

contester.

ARES Letter
Interested in emergency communications and public service? The monthly ARES
Letter will keep you

up to date.

ARRL Club News
This new monthly newsletter is for radio clubs to show how they are working
in the community to

advance the hobby.

ARRL NTS Letter
A monthly digest of all things related to the ARRL National Traffic System®.

About this Email
You are subscribed to receive monthly notification of the digital editions of
the ARRL magazines. If you have an ARRL user account, you can manage your
email preferences at arrl.org/myarrl [ http://arrl.org/myarrl ] . We welcome
your suggestions or comments, marketing@arrl.org [ mailto:marketing@arrl.org
] .

ARRL The National Association for Amateur Radio®
225 Main Street, Newington, CT, 06111-1400 USA
Toll-free: 1-888-277-5289

Manage Email Preferences [ http://www.arrl.org/myarrl?_zs=4JbBm&_zl=Lxpv1 ]
or Unsubscribe [
http://arrl.informz.net/arrl/pages/Copy_of_Unsubscribe_Test_GF?_zs=KTqxl&_zmi=5isE
]

Shop
[http://www.arrl.org/shop/Whats-New/?_zs=4JbBm&_zl=6fJu1]
Renew
[https://www.arrl.org/join-arrl-renew-membership/?_zs=4JbBm&_zl=7fJu1]
Social
[http://www.arrl.org/arrl-social-media?_zs=4JbBm&_zl=GPxt1]
Email
[mailto:marketing@arrl.org ]

tech / rec.radio.amateur.misc / The ARRL Current