From: racgm@rac.ca (Radio Amateurs of Canada)
Newsgroups: rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.info
Subject: [RAC] December is Youth On The Air (YOTA) Month!
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2023 20:44:11 EST
 by: Radio Amateurs of Ca - Fri, 1 Dec 2023 01:44 UTC

** December is YOTA Month!
W: https://www.rac.ca/december-is-youth-on-the-air-yota-month/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">https://www.rac.ca/december-is-youth-on-the-air-yota-month/ (https://ww
w.rac.ca/december-is-youth-on-the-air-yota-month/)

https://www.rac.ca/december-is-youth-on-the-air-yota-month/November 30,
2023 –

Youth-operated stations around the world are part of a special event celeb
rating Youth in Amateur Radio (aka YOTA or Youth on the Air) during the mo
nth of December.

Amateur Radio operators age 25 and younger will be on the air as special e
vent stations around the world throughout December in celebration of Youth
in Amateur Radio. YOTA Month stations will be on all bands and modes at v
arious times.

* In Canada this year the special call signs will be VE3YOUTH, VE2YOTA a
nd VA7YOTA.
* In the United States the call signs will once again be K8Y, K8O, K8T
and K8A.
* Argentina will be active as LR1YOTA.
* El Salvador will be active as YS1YOTA.

Last year, young Amateurs worldwide surpassed their goal of 100,000 QS
Os in the month of December with a final tally of 107,845.

Overlapping with YOTA month is Round 3 of the YOTA Contest, which is on
December 30, 2023 from 1200 to 2359 UTC.

QSL and award information is at http://events.ham-yota.com.

RAC 30th Anniversary logo Special Event Call Signs in Canada:

In Canada the following special event call signs will be active in Decembe
r:

VE3YOUTH is held by Daniel, VE3FCT, and he is going to work with Maria
, VE3OMV, so that the call sign will be active as often as possible. P
lease welcome Ariel, VE2SZU, who is new this year to YOTA month. Pleas
e remember for many of these young Amateurs this will be the first time th
ey experience a pileup so be kind.

Special event call sign VA7YOTA:

“We are a Grade 6/7 class on Salt Spring Island in British Columbi
a, Canada. We are excited to spend the month learning more about Amateur
Radio with regular mini lessons on bands, antennas, phonetics and mor
e. With every contact we work together to log it, then look up the call
sign on QRZ to find the location, and add another pin to our world map
showing all the contacts we have made over the year.

For our class station, we have a Kenwood V71a hooked up to a Comet GP-9
which provides VHF and UHF coverage. There is a TNC-X hooked up to a lapt
op that also allows us to send and receive Winlink messages. For HF covera
ge we have a Yaesu 991a that was kindly donated by a Silent Key VE7COG and
is hooked up to a Comet CHA-250HD vertical on top of the school roof. We
also have an AREDN dish hooked into the local network allowing for VOIP a
nd other digital communications.”

For more information about Youth On The Air (YOTA) visit:

Youth On The Air: http://youthontheair.org/

YOTA Month: http://events.ham-yota.com/

��������
��������
����
Radio Amateurs of Canada logo Alan Griffin
RAC MarCom Director

Copyright © 2023 Radio Amateurs of Canada, All rights reserved.

tech / rec.radio.amateur.misc / [RAC] December is Youth On The Air (YOTA) Month!