If I have not seen so far it is because I stood in giant's footsteps.

tech / rec.radio.amateur.antenna / How do antennas which are usually design for 50 ohm impedance matched with free space impedance of 377 ohm for radiation?

SubjectAuthor
* How do antennas which are usually design for 50 ohm impedance matched with free chandni bajaj
+- Re: How do antennas which are usually design for 50 ohm impedance matched with fHelmut Wabnig
`- Re: How do antennas which are usually design for 50 ohm impedance matched with fHelmut Wabnig

1
How do antennas which are usually design for 50 ohm impedance matched with free space impedance of 377 ohm for radiation?

<3e793cac-4aba-40cf-8577-acb577c115a3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/tech/article-flat.php?id=18&group=rec.radio.amateur.antenna#18

Newsgroups: rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 01:07:23 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: How do antennas which are usually design for 50 ohm impedance matched
with free space impedance of 377 ohm for radiation?
From: chandnibajaj7@gmail.com (chandni bajaj)
 by: chandni bajaj - Wed, 23 Aug 2023 08:07 UTC

Hello,

Hope you are doing well.

Can you explain how do antennas, which are usually designed for 50 ohm characteristic impedance of the feed line, matched with free space impedance of 377 ohm for radiation?

A detailed response will be much appreciated or any links that explains the same in details can also be very helpful.

Please help me with this query.

I will be utterly grateful to your meticulous responses.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Chandni

Re: How do antennas which are usually design for 50 ohm impedance matched with free space impedance of 377 ohm for radiation?

<btgbei95jfjd2bh0giupu422f3a14v02vl@4ax.com>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/tech/article-flat.php?id=19&group=rec.radio.amateur.antenna#19

From: hwabnig@.- --- -.dotat (Helmut Wabnig)
Newsgroups: rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Subject: Re: How do antennas which are usually design for 50 ohm impedance matched with free space impedance of 377 ohm for radiation?
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 10:36:29 +0200
 by: Helmut Wabnig - Wed, 23 Aug 2023 08:36 UTC

On Wed, 23 Aug 2023 01:07:23 -0700 (PDT), chandni bajaj
<chandnibajaj7@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Hope you are doing well.
>
>Can you explain how do antennas, which are usually designed for 50 ohm characteristic impedance of the feed line, matched with free space impedance of 377 ohm for radiation?
>
>A detailed response will be much appreciated or any links that explains the same in details can also be very helpful.
>
>Please help me with this query.
>
>I will be utterly grateful to your meticulous responses.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Regards,
>Chandni

This is a "wrong question".
Antennas are not designed for 50 Ohms.
Only I do connect my cable into the 50 Ohm place.
Or I fit a transformer to the wire
which transforms the impedance to my cable spec.
Example: End fed antennas have an impedance of 3000 Ohms,
and I connect the 50 Ohm cable via the "BALUN" or "UNUN".

OE8UWW

Re: How do antennas which are usually design for 50 ohm impedance matched with free space impedance of 377 ohm for radiation?

<3qhbeit4isv4td0s2ajg7hlos0t5sq9k74@4ax.com>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/tech/article-flat.php?id=20&group=rec.radio.amateur.antenna#20

From: hwabnig@.- --- -.dotat (Helmut Wabnig)
Newsgroups: rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 10:47:28 +0200
 by: Helmut Wabnig - Wed, 23 Aug 2023 08:47 UTC

On Wed, 23 Aug 2023 01:07:23 -0700 (PDT), chandni bajaj
<chandnibajaj7@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Hope you are doing well.
>
>Can you explain how do antennas, which are usually designed for 50 ohm characteristic impedance of the feed line, matched with free space impedance of 377 ohm for radiation?
>
>A detailed response will be much appreciated or any links that explains the same in details can also be very helpful.
>
>Please help me with this query.
>
>I will be utterly grateful to your meticulous responses.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Regards,
>Chandni

By just klicking around I found this:
https://groups.google.com/g/rec.radio.amateur.antenna/c/-qFx55Fp8kU

The topic is as old as the world
and has been discussed a million times :-)

OE8UWW