fortune: not found

tech / sci.astro.amateur / Re: Thursday 29th February

SubjectAuthor
* Thursday 29th Februaryoriel36
+* Re: Thursday 29th FebruaryJake M
|`* Re: Thursday 29th FebruaryD
| `- Re: Thursday 29th Februaryoriel36
`* Re: Thursday 29th Februaryoriel36
 `* Re: Thursday 29th FebruaryJohn Savard
  `* Re: Thursday 29th Februaryoriel36
   +* Re: Thursday 29th FebruaryJohn Savard
   |`* Re: Thursday 29th FebruaryJohn Savard
   | `- Re: Thursday 29th FebruaryJohn Savard
   `- Re: Thursday 29th Februaryoriel36

1
Thursday 29th February

<95ca904b8711d9efd67e320cd0da27c0@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/tech/article-flat.php?id=11597&group=sci.astro.amateur#11597

From: kelleher.gerald@gmail.com (oriel36)
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Subject: Thursday 29th February
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 12:08:36 +0000
 by: oriel36 - Thu, 29 Feb 2024 12:08 UTC

Today, Thursday, February 29th 2024, is the 24-hour day and rotation that affirms the Earth's rotation is responsible for the sunrise, noon, and sunset cycle and a thousand rotations in a thousand 24-hour days.

It is derived from an ancient observation and reference where a star skips a first annual appearance by one 24-hour day after the fourth 365-day cycle, thereby ending one 1461-day cycle that began March 1st 2020 and starting a new cycle on March 1st, tomorrow.

The exquisite lunar calendar of Knowth recognises that the Moon is lost to the glare of the Sun for a few days and thereby not visible (New Moon)

https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/kerbstone-52-knowth-0e6d1664986441d2b3b840f904a44842

It is no stretch that the Neolithic people saw the stars like the Pleiades or Sirius disappear as an evening appearance and return as a dawn appearance (heliacal rising).

People can actually see the transition with satellite tracking along with the Earth focusing on the central Sun. Everything to the left of the Sun is an evening appearance, and everything to the right is a morning appearance, representing permanent solar eclipse conditions that can only be seen when the Moon blocks out the Sun in April this year.

https://sol24.net/data/html/SOHO/C3/96H/VIDEO/

If anything, I have been as patient as possible for the last 30 years and do not belittle people out of unfamiliarity with timekeeping and planetary dynamics. All the same, the Neolithic people, even from a geocentric perspective, had a good handle on celestial objects periodically lost to the glare of the Sun. In contrast, my contemporaries do not, not even when it is the foundation of all modern timekeeping, including the leap day.

I do not doubt that most of you are good people, but where is your connection to the motions of the Earth, the Sun and all those things that make life possible?

Re: Thursday 29th February

<urq8cf$m4m7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/tech/article-flat.php?id=11598&group=sci.astro.amateur#11598

From: mill45@fla.net (Jake M)
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Subject: Re: Thursday 29th February
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 10:37:51 -0500
 by: Jake M - Thu, 29 Feb 2024 15:37 UTC

You're off course. Your posting was supposed to end on 2024-02-20. Why
do you continue posting your irrelevant, incorrect material?

Re: Thursday 29th February

<53e2268dd9411068db3e6d1043ab5e46@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/tech/article-flat.php?id=11599&group=sci.astro.amateur#11599

From: kelleher.gerald@gmail.com (oriel36)
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 16:06:16 +0000
 by: oriel36 - Thu, 29 Feb 2024 16:06 UTC

There are also hard people here who have lost the connection with their life and the Life of the Universe.

The careless conclusion that the daily change in the position of the stars in circumpolar motion around Polaris represents one rotation excludes the annual change in the position of the stars relative to the Sun and the orbital plane due to the Earth's annual motion.

https://sol24.net/data/html/SOHO/C3/96H/VIDEO/

Clockwork solar system modelling or RA/Dec asserts more rotations of the Earth than there are 24-hour days in a year and presents an impossible justification on that account.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidereal_time#/media/File:Sidereal_time.svg

These people have lost the power to respond as Google Groups is now frozen in time as the main gateway to the Usenet. I condemn nobody when people condemn themselves.

" It is a fact not generally known that, owing to the difference between solar and sidereal time, the Earth rotates upon its axis once more often than there are 24-hour days in the year" NASA /Harvard.

I would have worked with contributors here, but contributors chose not to, so now others are waking up to the nightmare that society inherited and the scientific method modelling at its centre.

Re: Thursday 29th February

<2083649a831b79c2749564b8f024ef0e@dizum.com>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/tech/article-flat.php?id=11600&group=sci.astro.amateur#11600

From: J@M (D)
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 22:37:31 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
 by: D - Thu, 29 Feb 2024 21:37 UTC

On Thu, 29 Feb 2024 10:37:51 -0500, Jake M <mill45@fla.net> wrote:
>You're off course. Your posting was supposed to end on 2024-02-20. Why
>do you continue posting your irrelevant, incorrect material?

hmm . . . julian day 2460361.39940:

>From: kelleher.gerald@gmail.com (oriel36)
>Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
>Subject: Farewell to the newsgroup
>Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 21:35:08 +0000
>
>There is no sense in making a noisy exit

"farewell to the newsgroup" does sound definitive . . . cry for help?

>oriel36 <kelleher.gerald@gmail.com>
>"oriel36" <geraldkelleher@yahoo.com>
>TheOvavas <oriel@eui.com>
>geraldkelleher@hotmail.com (Oriel36)

afaict, posts with "oriel36" in the from header appear in sci.astro.*
at least back to 2003; so if he was using dejanews before that could
be he's a real old-timer and/or using a psyops sock puppet character
for the usual obfuscation clutter that's plagued newsgroups from day
one and given the content of his posts suffice to presume the latter

Re: Thursday 29th February

<c2ea5c532447d828ac338a36b512c4ad@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/tech/article-flat.php?id=11601&group=sci.astro.amateur#11601

From: kelleher.gerald@gmail.com (oriel36)
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2024 21:29:59 +0000
 by: oriel36 - Fri, 1 Mar 2024 21:29 UTC

From March 1st to February 28th next year, 365 days and rotations cover that period and the same for the next three years.

From March 1st 2027, to February 29th 2028, 366 days and rotations correspond to 366 sunrise/noon/sunset cycles.

In short, a year means two different things, therefore a year does not equate to one orbit of the Sun.
People can ask how many rotations there are in a year/orbit, but that question is invalid despite the many flawed answers. A proper question is how many rotations cover four orbital circuits of the Earth in proportion to the nearest rotation.

Today, on the first day of the new cycle, is significant to recovering basic planetary facts, and it does take effort and integrity to accomplish that endeavour.

Re: Thursday 29th February

<o0a5ui1pgmipbianp0ggg54ip7lh4og141@4ax.com>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/tech/article-flat.php?id=11602&group=sci.astro.amateur#11602

From: quadibloc@servername.invalid (John Savard)
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2024 21:18:45 -0700
 by: John Savard - Sat, 2 Mar 2024 04:18 UTC

On Thu, 29 Feb 2024 16:06:16 +0000, kelleher.gerald@gmail.com
(oriel36) wrote:

>There are also hard people here who have lost the connection with their life and the Life of the Universe.

Your unusual conclusions about the rotations of celestial bodies are
not a requirement for such a connection.

>These people have lost the power to respond as Google Groups is now frozen in time as the main gateway to the Usenet. I condemn nobody when people condemn themselves.

Just as someone claimed you would never be able to post here now that
Google Groups was no longer available as a means to do so, this
report, like a premature one of the passing of Samuel Clemens, is an
exaggeration.

John Savard

Re: Thursday 29th February

<8b4db317035598ad50ebc919f8c9acc1@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/tech/article-flat.php?id=11603&group=sci.astro.amateur#11603

From: kelleher.gerald@gmail.com (oriel36)
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2024 18:23:50 +0000
 by: oriel36 - Sun, 3 Mar 2024 18:23 UTC

The Trinity of the Universal, the individual and the spirit/inspiration that connects us is what makes creative and productive works possible.

The Universe provides everything for free, including the air, land and water. It gives the Moon, planets and stars, including our own parent star.

Only people look for a fee when everything is free to enjoy. It is the only way readers can explain my presence here and the change to a softer understanding of humanity within the Universal.

"Further mark ye; that when the True Love and True Light are in a man, the Perfect Good is known and loved for itself and as itself; and yet not so that it loveth itself of itself and as itself, but the one True and Perfect Good can and will love nothing else, in so far as it is in itself, save the one, true Goodness. Now if this is itself, it must love itself, yet not as itself nor as of itself, but in this wise: that the One true Good loveth the One Perfect Goodness, and the One Perfect Goodness is loved of the One, true and Perfect Good. And in this sense that saying is true, that “God loveth not Himself as Himself.” For if there were ought better than God, God would love that, and not Himself. For in this True Light and True Love there neither is nor can remain any I, Me, Mine, Thou, Thine, and the like, but that Light perceiveth and knoweth that there is a Good which is all Good and above all Good, and that all good things are of one substance in the One Good, and that without that One, there is no good thing." Anonymous

https://ccel.org/ccel/anonymous/theologia/theologia.v.XLIII.html

Re: Thursday 29th February

<0jo9ui5jq1p0e3ptl18g2q33763lhffgtc@4ax.com>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/tech/article-flat.php?id=11604&group=sci.astro.amateur#11604

From: quadibloc@servername.invalid (John Savard)
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2024 14:26:58 -0700
 by: John Savard - Sun, 3 Mar 2024 21:26 UTC

On Sun, 3 Mar 2024 18:23:50 +0000, kelleher.gerald@gmail.com (oriel36)
wrote:

>The Universe provides everything for free, including the air, land and water. It gives the Moon, planets and stars, including our own parent star.
>
>Only people look for a fee when everything is free to enjoy.

Given

a) that the land area of the Earth is finite, and
b) that the current human population of the Earth far exceeds that
which could be fed by hunting and gathering, requiring people to
resort to _agriculture_

I am not going to blame farmers, truck drivers, or supermarket owners,
among other people, for the fact that when I go to the supermarket to
buy groceries, I have to pay for them.

Dang, after once successfully locating the title of the book about a
man who travels the world to study the global agricultural supply
chain to anser his daughter's question, "Why do people have to pay for
food" (her name begins with an A) I can't find it again.

And then there's

And another thing you’ll never see –
A monk build a fence round a coconut tree,
Forbidding all other monks to taste
And letting the coconuts go to waste.
Why! if I built a fence round a coconut tree
Starvation would force you to steal from me.

from "A Monkey's Disgrace", a piece of Creationist doggerel.

John Savard

Re: Thursday 29th February

<k4r9ui9i994mdah2s3neu5l20193uc6r05@4ax.com>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/tech/article-flat.php?id=11605&group=sci.astro.amateur#11605

From: quadibloc@servername.invalid (John Savard)
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2024 14:34:24 -0700
 by: John Savard - Sun, 3 Mar 2024 21:34 UTC

On Sun, 03 Mar 2024 14:26:58 -0700, John Savard
<quadibloc@servername.invalid> wrote:

>Dang, after once successfully locating the title of the book about a
>man who travels the world to study the global agricultural supply
>chain to anser his daughter's question, "Why do people have to pay for
>food" (her name begins with an A) I can't find it again.

I could have badly misremembered the fiction novel "In the Eyes of
Anahita", by Hugo Borjean.

John Savard

Re: Thursday 29th February

<gfr9ui5ib6vnjepqh3gsbif4rc0hd33ae1@4ax.com>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/tech/article-flat.php?id=11606&group=sci.astro.amateur#11606

From: quadibloc@servername.invalid (John Savard)
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2024 14:40:30 -0700
 by: John Savard - Sun, 3 Mar 2024 21:40 UTC

On Sun, 03 Mar 2024 14:34:24 -0700, John Savard
<quadibloc@servername.invalid> wrote:

>On Sun, 03 Mar 2024 14:26:58 -0700, John Savard
><quadibloc@servername.invalid> wrote:
>
>>Dang, after once successfully locating the title of the book about a
>>man who travels the world to study the global agricultural supply
>>chain to anser his daughter's question, "Why do people have to pay for
>>food" (her name begins with an A) I can't find it again.
>
>I could have badly misremembered the fiction novel "In the Eyes of
>Anahita", by Hugo Borjean.

I've now confirmed that, as one blurb for that book begins

Dad, why do people have to pay for food? This question, posed by a
seven-year-old child, started one man's incredible adventure in South
America.

....the book is a work of fiction, but the aim is to promote "conscious
decision-making" by people in their working lives.

John Savard

Re: Thursday 29th February

<712906b529c37b8809065cf94a82c53c@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/tech/article-flat.php?id=11607&group=sci.astro.amateur#11607

From: kelleher.gerald@gmail.com (oriel36)
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2024 22:46:45 +0000
 by: oriel36 - Sun, 3 Mar 2024 22:46 UTC

The fruits of the spirit/inspiration are given for free to those who can enjoy them.

https://sol24.net/data/html/SOHO/C3/96H/VIDEO/

"When a natural discourse paints a passion or an effect, one feels
within oneself the truth of what one reads, which was there before,
although one did not know it. Hence, one is inclined to love him who
makes us feel it, for he has not shown us his own riches, but ours.
And thus this benefit renders him pleasing to us, besides that such
community of intellect as we have with him necessarily inclines the
heart to love." Pascal

We participate in the Universal, and the greater Life of the Universe participates in us, however imperfectly we perceive it in images and forms. The incredible auroras out there tonight in Northern Europe are for those who genuinely enjoy the spectacle, and its origins are in that time-lapse along with the sungrazer and the motions of Mercury and Saturn from right to left of the Sun.

These things are part of us but do not belong to us as laws, rules, convictions or manifestos. Not everyone learns that, and they diminish humanity in the process.

tech / sci.astro.amateur / Re: Thursday 29th February