Landru! Guide us! -- A Beta 3-oid, "The Return of the Archons", stardate 3157.4

tech / sci.astro.amateur / Re: The limitations of RA/Dec

SubjectAuthor
* The limitations of RA/DecGerald Kelleher
`- The limitations of RA/DecGerald Kelleher

1
The limitations of RA/Dec

<466df613-2093-49c6-a223-9a36100dda3an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/tech/article-flat.php?id=10941&group=sci.astro.amateur#10941

Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2023 06:54:43 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: The limitations of RA/Dec
From: kelleher.gerald@gmail.com (Gerald Kelleher)
 by: Gerald Kelleher - Sun, 10 Sep 2023 13:54 UTC

Things are moving far too slowly.

There are any amount of observations to work with yet the subculture which is attached to RA/Dec or celestial sphere modelling shows no signs of being played out as black hole/big bang convictions.

I am sometimes surprised that rather than dip their toes into adventurous research free of the mistakes made centuries ago, there are few signs that observers can escape their education to appreciate what is in front of them.

It must take a considerable effort to avoid the scaled-up version of Jupiter's satellites and their back-and-forth motion around their parent planet with the solar system version where Mercury is presently running its faster and smaller circuit closer to the Sun-

https://sol24.net/data/html/SOHO/C3/96H/VIDEO/

These observations wait for no man and will be gone within the week and that is what is enjoyable because the next spectacle will appear soon enough.

I don't mind if there are these people calling themselves astronomers by scraping a living trying to sound impressive with RA/Dec modelling, however, there have to be a few people who have enough admiration for genuine research to undo damage and replace it with productive and creative research. I do these things without cost although I recognise the financial and technical presence derived from satellites and telescopes that nobody else uses.

Re: The limitations of RA/Dec

<d64819a6-77f8-4f21-937b-6ba44bac157an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/tech/article-flat.php?id=10957&group=sci.astro.amateur#10957

Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 02:26:17 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: The limitations of RA/Dec
From: kelleher.gerald@gmail.com (Gerald Kelleher)
 by: Gerald Kelleher - Thu, 14 Sep 2023 09:26 UTC

Genuine solar system research is based on orbital comparisons so replacing a geocentric with a heliostatic system used a vital observation that Kepler called the periodic times or 10th argument.

" The 10th argument, taken from the periodic times, is as follows; the apparent movement of the Sun has 365 days which is the mean measure between Venus' period of 225 days and Mars' period of 687 days. Therefore does not the nature of things shout out loud that the circuits in which those 365 days are taken up have a mean position between the circuits of Mars and Venus around the Sun? Thus this is not the circuit of the Sun around the Earth -for none of the primary planets have its orbit arranged around the Earth, as Brahe admits. Still, the
circuit of the Earth around the resting Sun, just as the other planets, namely Mars and Venus, complete their own periods by running around the Sun." Kepler

The RA/Dec or clockwork solar system tries to run observations and conclusions off the daily rotation characteristics of the Earth in tandem with the calendar system. It gives very accurate predictive facilities but is further removed from the hypotheses involved in a geocentric or Ptolemaic framework and from a heliostatic system where the planets run circuits of the Sun.

I concede that there is a certain irritation in knowing that genuine theoretical research is possible even when the bulk of theorists overreach with observations, interpretations and conclusions or are trapped inside a rotating celestial sphere framework and its awful geometry imposed on observations of the Universe. I never place a burden on anyone, all the same, why continue with a mean-spirited and self-serving agenda that diminishes geometry as the foundation of mathematics and its association with structure and dynamics?.

tech / sci.astro.amateur / Re: The limitations of RA/Dec