Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 11:35:57 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: No serious researchers here
From: kelleher.gerald@gmail.com (Gerald Kelleher)
 by: Gerald Kelleher - Thu, 31 Aug 2023 18:35 UTC

The trouble with those who call themselves astronomers today is that they are not serious or dedicated people. Their silly ideas based on astronomical language are careless and indulgent so nothing productive or creative ever gets done.

In the matter of observations, interpretations and conclusions, they lack the necessary judgments to realise what is being demonstrated, even with the benefits of modern imaging and graphics.

Kepler's diagram of the motions of Mars and Earth is a case in point as the diagram is neither geocentric nor geostatic as the theorists imagine but, gauged against the background constellations, represents both the motion of the Earth and Mars-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johannes_Kepler#/media/File:Kepler_Mars_retrograde.jpg

"Copernicus, by attributing a single annual motion to the earth, entirely rids the planets of these extremely intricate coils, leading the individual planets into their respective orbits, quite bare and very nearly circular. In the period of time shown in the diagram, Mars traverses one and the same orbit as many times as the 'garlands' you see looped towards the centre, with one extra, making nine times, while at the same time, the Earth repeats its circle sixteen times " Kepler Astronomia Nova 1609

Like all his followers, Newton thinks the diagram is geocentric hence his relative/space and motion so if the Sun is plonked into the centre of the diagram then the direct/retrograde loops disappear hence-

"For to the Earth planetary motions appear sometimes direct, sometimes stationary, nay, and sometimes retrograde. But from the Sun they are always seen direct,..." Newton

How many times has this vandalism been presented to a readership who has no interest whatsoever in interpreting observations but rather misusing them for self-aggrandising and financially lucrative purposes?

Nowadays there are two different ways to explain direct/retrograde motions. Copernicus and Kepler had the fixed stellar background to work with in the absence of satellites that can now look directly towards the inner solar system hence the satisfactory explanation for the slower-moving planets-

https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap011220.html

When faced with something momentous like the ability to account for the observed motions of Venus and Mercury without the need for a hypothesis, no serious researchers exist.

Re: No serious researchers here

<3ceb6556-5591-4207-8f3f-e400b3d1b36cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/tech/article-flat.php?id=10580&group=sci.astro.amateur#10580

Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2023 04:52:14 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: No serious researchers here
From: kelleher.gerald@gmail.com (Gerald Kelleher)
 by: Gerald Kelleher - Sun, 3 Sep 2023 11:52 UTC

As a Christian, I can adjust to terminology that does not belong to my own spirituality where spirit or the ability to be inspired and inspiring is more important than impressing each other or being self-impressed. That being said, I recognised that with mathematicians in total control of celestial and Earth science research perspectives, in that terminology, events would become unstable to the point of total dysfunction or dystopian. In a way, two English writers, one a teacher (Huxley) of the other (Orwell), saw the outcome of unbridled irrelevance for its own sake and its effects on the wider population-

"George Orwell's 1984 talks about how the ability to alter past events can be used to control our society. Aldous Huxley's Brave New World contends that control is achieved via degrading the chosen individual.
Unfortunately, it seems both were right.
Orwell feared those who would ban books. Huxley feared there would be no reason to ban a book because no one would want to read one.
Orwell feared those who would deprive us of information. Huxley feared those who would give us so much that we would be reduced to passivity and egoism.
Orwell feared that the truth would be concealed from us. Huxley feared the truth would be drowned in a sea of irrelevance.
Orwell feared we would become a captive culture. Huxley feared we would become a trivial culture, preoccupied with some equivalent of “the feelies, the orgy porgy, and the centrifugal bumblepuppy.”
As Huxley said in Brave New World Revisited, the civil libertarians and rationalists who are ever on the alert to oppose tyranny "failed to take into account man's almost infinite appetite for distractions."
"In 1984", Huxley added, "people are controlled by inflicting pain. In Brave New World, they are controlled by inflicting pleasure."
In short, Orwell feared that what we hate will ruin us. Huxley feared that what we love will ruin us."

From many years of experience here in this newsgroup, people choose what they are interested in and will run from anything that involves genuine facts and the satisfaction gained from them. I can understand the mass exodus at one time, however, that was fully expected for the reason that magnification enthusiasts set their limits at identification alone while cheerleaders for experimental theorists are only interested in verbal indulgences and misusing imaging to suit their hypotheses/conclusions.

The pleasure of living in a science fantasy is more appealing than the challenges of working with observations, interpretations and conclusions with more expansive perspectives yet people do grow out of tired ways of looking at things, even those things which have been accepted for centuries despite their limited views.

For those who remain here, they must get tired of listening to a rewriting of theoretical views of the Universe when they can come home and deal with local observations first and genuine innovations expressed as narratives and documentaries.

tech / sci.astro.amateur / Re: No serious researchers here