From: robin.miller@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Subject: OT:_Fox_Sports’_Charissa_Thompson_Being_Called_Ou
t_By_A_Growing_Chorus_Of_Her_Peers_For_Making_Up_Sideline_Reports
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 22:52:23 -0500
Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.17.1
 by: Robin Miller - Fri, 17 Nov 2023 03:52 UTC

RM: This is kind of amazing.

https://deadline.com/2023/11/mollie-mcgrath-charissa-thompson-made-up-sideline-reports-1235614099/

Fox Sports’ Charissa Thompson Being Called Out By A Growing Chorus Of
Her Peers For Making Up Sideline Reports

By Tom Tapp
November 16, 2023 3:13pm

A growing chorus of peers is speaking out about Fox Sports‘ NFL Kickoff
host Charissa Thompson‘s admission that she “would make up” sideline
reports at games because, she says, “The coach wouldn’t come out at
halftime or it was too late.”

Re: OT: Fox Sports’ Charissa Thompson Being Called Out By A Growing Chorus Of Her Peers For Making Up Sideline Reports

<83beee8f-f240-4b29-a72e-6ea4714bee56n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/sport/article-flat.php?id=3903&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#3903

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 08:27:35 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re:_OT:_Fox_Sports’_Charissa_Thompson_Being_Called
From: phlash74@msn.com (phlash74)
 by: phlash74 - Fri, 17 Nov 2023 16:27 UTC

On Thursday, November 16, 2023 at 7:52:35 PM UTC-8, Robin Miller wrote:
> RM: This is kind of amazing.
>

> https://deadline.com/2023/11/mollie-mcgrath-charissa-thompson-made-up-sideline-reports-1235614099/
>

> Fox Sports’ Charissa Thompson Being Called Out By A Growing Chorus Of
> Her Peers For Making Up Sideline Reports
>
> By Tom Tapp
> November 16, 2023 3:13pm
>

> A growing chorus of peers is speaking out about Fox Sports‘ NFL Kickoff
> host Charissa Thompson‘s admission that she “would make up” sideline
> reports at games because, she says, “The coach wouldn’t come out at
> halftime or it was too late.”

Apparently, she had told the story (although I guess back then she said she merely "embellished" what the coach said) a couple years back on a podcast with Erin Andrews. To me, the whole thing is overblown, what the coaches say at halftime is always the most banal, cliched stuff anyways like "we gotta get off the field on third down and protect the football". It was really funny seeing every single sideline reporter - national, local, and unemployed - pile on her on TwiX as if she had destroyed the journalistic integrity of a profession whose primary role is to tell viewers that the player they saw getting carted off the field is getting checked out in the locker room and their return is questionable.

Michael

Re: OT: Fox Sports’ Charissa Thompson Being Called Out By A Growing Chorus Of Her Peers For Making Up Sideline Reports

<krppqnFdgmqU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/sport/article-flat.php?id=3905&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#3905

From: robin.miller@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Subject: Re:_OT:_Fox_Sports’_Charissa_Thompson_Being_Calle
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 13:30:38 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Fri, 17 Nov 2023 18:30 UTC

phlash74 wrote:
> On Thursday, November 16, 2023 at 7:52:35 PM UTC-8, Robin Miller wrote:
>> RM: This is kind of amazing.
>>

>> https://deadline.com/2023/11/mollie-mcgrath-charissa-thompson-made-up-sideline-reports-1235614099/
>>

>> Fox Sports’ Charissa Thompson Being Called Out By A Growing Chorus Of
>> Her Peers For Making Up Sideline Reports
>>
>> By Tom Tapp
>> November 16, 2023 3:13pm
>>

>> A growing chorus of peers is speaking out about Fox Sports‘ NFL Kickoff
>> host Charissa Thompson‘s admission that she “would make up” sideline
>> reports at games because, she says, “The coach wouldn’t come out at
>> halftime or it was too late.”
>

> Apparently, she had told the story (although I guess back then she said she merely "embellished" what the coach said) a couple years back on a podcast with Erin Andrews. To me, the whole thing is overblown, what the coaches say at halftime is always the most banal, cliched stuff anyways like "we gotta get off the field on third down and protect the football". It was really funny seeing every single sideline reporter - national, local, and unemployed - pile on her on TwiX as if she had destroyed the journalistic integrity of a profession whose primary role is to tell viewers that the player they saw getting carted off the field is getting checked out in the locker room and their return is questionable.
>
> Michael

True.

:-)

--Robin

Re: OT: Fox Sports’ Charissa Thompson Being Called Out By A Growing Chorus Of Her Peers For Making Up Sideline Reports

<87bkbs404u.fsf@hotmail.com>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/sport/article-flat.php?id=3908&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#3908

From: eddiegrove@hotmail.com (Eddie Grove)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Subject: Re: OT: Fox Sports’ Charissa Thompson Being
Called Out By A Growing Chorus Of Her Peers For Making Up Sideline Reports
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 12:04:33 -0800
 by: Eddie Grove - Fri, 17 Nov 2023 20:04 UTC

Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> writes:

> phlash74 wrote:
>> On Thursday, November 16, 2023 at 7:52:35 PM UTC-8, Robin Miller wrote:
>>> RM: This is kind of amazing.
>>>

>>> https://deadline.com/2023/11/mollie-mcgrath-charissa-thompson-made-up-sideline-reports-1235614099/
>>>

>>> Fox Sports’ Charissa Thompson Being Called Out By A Growing Chorus Of
>>> Her Peers For Making Up Sideline Reports
>>>
>>> By Tom Tapp
>>> November 16, 2023 3:13pm
>>>

>>> A growing chorus of peers is speaking out about Fox Sports‘ NFL Kickoff
>>> host Charissa Thompson‘s admission that she “would make up” sideline
>>> reports at games because, she says, “The coach wouldn’t come out at
>>> halftime or it was too late.”
>>

>> Apparently, she had told the story (although I guess back then she
>> said she merely "embellished" what the coach said) a couple years
>> back on a podcast with Erin Andrews. To me, the whole thing is
>> overblown, what the coaches say at halftime is always the most
>> banal, cliched stuff anyways like "we gotta get off the field on
>> third down and protect the football". It was really funny seeing
>> every single sideline reporter - national, local, and unemployed -
>> pile on her on TwiX as if she had destroyed the journalistic
>> integrity of a profession whose primary role is to tell viewers that
>> the player they saw getting carted off the field is getting checked
>> out in the locker room and their return is questionable.
>>
>> Michael
>>

> True.
>
> :-)
>
> --Robin

It is a complete waste of time for both the coach and the viewers.
Give me 15 seconds of puppy bowl instead and I would be happier.

Eddie

sport / alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers / OT: Fox Sports’ Charissa Thompson Being Called Out By A Growing Chorus Of Her Peers For Making Up Sideline Reports