From: eddiegrove@hotmail.com (Eddie Grove)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Subject: weekly picking contests
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2023 15:32:33 -0700
 by: Eddie Grove - Wed, 6 Sep 2023 22:32 UTC

There used to be a lot of places to keep track of one's predictions of
who would win each game each week with sometimes interesting
variations. They seem to have been dwindling year to year, or maybe I've
just lost my ability to google.

ESPN has a survivor contest, and 3 contests where you pick each game:
(a) straight up
(b) straight up, but ordered by confidence level
(c) against the spread

There used to be a little less on nfl.com, but now I can't find
anything.

cbssports used to have some interesting stuff, but now they appear
only to track picks against the spread.

fivethirtyeight used to have the best contest of all, picking percent
likely each team will win, but I think they haven't put anything nfl
related on their site since february.

nflpickwatch used to be a fun place to look for the picks of your
favorite talking head, but they've switched to requiring $10/year to see
anything. I'm not sure it's worth paying just to see who's better or
worse than I am. They are unique in allowing you to place fake money
bets at real-time odds on games, no charge for this.

I just found https://www.nflpickspage.com , but haven't registered yet
so no idea if it is any good.

Anyone know any other places to enter game picking contests?

Eddie

sport / alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers / weekly picking contests