Newsgroups: soc.culture.russian
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2024 10:43:01 -0800 (PST)
Subject: QLH: Concerning Mohammed's alleged trip to Jerusalem
From: rking164@comcast.net (Lazarus Cain)
 by: Lazarus Cain - Sat, 3 Feb 2024 18:43 UTC

I recollect that the conflict in the Middle East revolves around a prophet's night trip to Jerusalem. Please notice that in Ezekiel, we find that such trips are not unique to Mohammed, and that such trips are made in the Spirit to Jerusalem. Yet, if I am to make my belief firm, I must understand or see he meaning of tthe messages in the vision. Clearly Ezekiel is referring also to the temple, but I also consider the jealousy imposed when the elders bow to the east with the temple's altar to their back. Please notethat the Biblical reference to the temple in Wzwkiel is by no means a trivial reference.

I just mention this so that the reader may understand the nature of my belief and why it is so difficult to even attempt a denial. It should not be difficult to understand my respect for what is true.

Ezekiel 7
He stretched out what looked like a hand and took me by the hair of my head.. The Spirit lifted me up between earth and heaven and in visions of God he took me to Jerusalem, to the entrance of the north gate of the inner court, where the idol that provokes to jealousy stood. 4 And there before me was the glory of the God of Israel, as in the vision I had seen in the plain.

After reading a few verses, we arrive at an interesting vision.
16 He then brought me into the inner court of the house of the Lord, and there at the entrance to the temple, between the portico and the altar, were about twenty-five men. With their backs toward the temple of the Lord and their faces toward the east, they were bowing down to the sun in the east.

I seem to think, for the time being, that the twenty-five men could refer to the Muslim faith which lays claim to the temple in Jerusalem.

Certainly, one cannot help but contrast, or compare, the vision of Ezekiel as he visted the tmple of Jerusalem in the spirit and any experience of Mohammed as he allegedly made his trip to Jerusalem.

Please notice all the fighting between tose who would lay claim to Jerusalem but will bow down to the east with the temple at their back as opposed to those who would look towards Jerusalem and the temple which was destroyed there.

The world could wonder if Jerusalem can ever be built with the God of Israel at peace with the world. How much power does a man have concerning the ability to rebuild upon the broken stones of the past?

Iran mentions the root of the problem which is Jerusalem must be addressed.
So just how do we discuss the visions of the prophets who visited Jerusalem then?
Certainly God does not contradict what we should believe, but does make it challenging

interests / soc.culture.russian / QLH: Concerning Mohammed's alleged trip to Jerusalem