Your business will go through a period of considerable expansion.

interests / rec.games.frp.dnd / Re: [Comicbook.com] Dungeons & Dragons LEGO Adventure Is Free to Download Now

SubjectAuthor
* [Comicbook.com] Dungeons & Dragons LEGO Adventure Is Free to Download NowKyonshi
+* Re: [Comicbook.com] Dungeons & Dragons LEGO Adventure Is Free to Download NowUbiquitous
|`* Re: [Comicbook.com] Dungeons & Dragons LEGO Adventure Is Free to Download NowKyonshi
| `- Re: [Comicbook.com] Dungeons & Dragons LEGO Adventure Is Free to Download NowUbiquitous
`* Re: [Comicbook.com] Dungeons & Dragons LEGO Adventure Is Free to Download NowJustisaur
 `- Re: [Comicbook.com] Dungeons & Dragons LEGO Adventure Is Free to Download NowKyonshi

1
[Comicbook.com] Dungeons & Dragons LEGO Adventure Is Free to Download Now

<uujejc$1vfc9$1@sibirocobombus.campaignwiki>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/interests/article-flat.php?id=330&group=rec.games.frp.dnd#330

From: gmkeros@gmail.com (Kyonshi)
Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.dnd,rec.toys.lego
Subject: [Comicbook.com] Dungeons & Dragons LEGO Adventure Is Free to Download
Now
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 13:20:20 +0200
 by: Kyonshi - Wed, 3 Apr 2024 11:20 UTC

Source:
https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/dungeons-dragons-lego-adventure-free/

Dungeons & Dragons LEGO Adventure Is Free to Download Now

Wizards of the Coast has released a new D&D adventure to celebrate their
collaboration with LEGO.

By Christian Hoffer - April 3, 2024 07:00 am EDT

Dungeons & Dragons has released its tie-in adventure to its massive new
LEGO set, with fans able to download a copy of the set for free from D&D
Beyond. Today, Wizards of the Coast released Dungeons & Dragons: Red
Dragon's Tale, a new adventure that utilizes the set pieces and monsters
seen in the LEGO set of the same name. The adventure, written by D&D
game architect Chris Perkins, is made for Level 5 characters, although
it does feature some interesting story twists to explain how a group of
Tier 2 adventurers could survive encounters with a beholder and an adult
red dragon, both of which are present in the LEGO set. D&D Beyond
account holders can access the LEGO-themed adventure for free, along
with several digital tie-ins like digital dice.

As expected, Dungeons & Dragons: Red Dragon's Tale is split into six
scenes, each of which focuses on a different part of the D&D LEGO set.
Players will start off in a local tavern before eventually traveling
into a crumbling tower and exploring both underneath it and above it.

Perhaps the most interesting part about Red Dragon's Tale is that it
contains an alternative set of rules that allows players to play through
the adventure without using the D&D ruleset. The simplified 1-page
ruleset utilizes a simplistic ruleset that replaces saving throws with
coin flips and deals set amount of damage based on what kind of combat
action is performed on a monster. Additionally, there is a "Knocked
Down" mechanic that essentially replaces a death throw and dictates that
any character depicted by a minifigure is knocked down whenever it is
successfully hit by a "a weapon attack, a damage-dealing spell, or some
other damaging effect." Once a minifigure is knocked down three times,
it is removed from the combat encounter.

The Dungeons & Dragons: Red Dragon's Tale is available now at the LEGO
website for $359.99. The set, released to celebrate D&D's 50th
anniversary contains 3,745 pieces.

Re: [Comicbook.com] Dungeons & Dragons LEGO Adventure Is Free to Download Now

<uuk7f8$32ar$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/interests/article-flat.php?id=332&group=rec.games.frp.dnd#332

From: weberm@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.dnd,rec.toys.lego
Now
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2024 14:34:16 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 3 Apr 2024 18:34 UTC

gmkeros@gmail.com wrote:

>Source:
>https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/dungeons-dragons-lego-adventure-free/
>
>Dungeons & Dragons LEGO Adventure Is Free to Download Now

Oooh! I'll have to check it out!

I think I still have my Wendy's D&D adventure somewhere...

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: [Comicbook.com] Dungeons & Dragons LEGO Adventure Is Free to Download Now

<uup66a$1elir$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/interests/article-flat.php?id=335&group=rec.games.frp.dnd#335

From: justisaur@yahoo.com (Justisaur)
Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.dnd,rec.toys.lego
Subject: Re: [Comicbook.com] Dungeons & Dragons LEGO Adventure Is Free to
Download Now
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 08:43:04 -0700
 by: Justisaur - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 15:43 UTC

On 4/3/2024 4:20 AM, Kyonshi wrote:
> Source:
> https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/dungeons-dragons-lego-adventure-free/
>
> Dungeons & Dragons LEGO Adventure Is Free to Download Now
>
> Wizards of the Coast has released a new D&D adventure to celebrate their
> collaboration with LEGO.
>
> By Christian Hoffer - April 3, 2024 07:00 am EDT
>
> Dungeons & Dragons has released its tie-in adventure to its massive new
> LEGO set, with fans able to download a copy of the set for free from D&D
> Beyond. Today, Wizards of the Coast released Dungeons & Dragons: Red
> Dragon's Tale, a new adventure that utilizes the set pieces and monsters
> seen in the LEGO set of the same name. The adventure, written by D&D
> game architect Chris Perkins, is made for Level 5 characters, although
> it does feature some interesting story twists to explain how a group of
> Tier 2 adventurers could survive encounters with a beholder and an adult
> red dragon, both of which are present in the LEGO set. D&D Beyond
> account holders can access the LEGO-themed adventure for free, along
> with several digital tie-ins like digital dice.
>
> As expected, Dungeons & Dragons: Red Dragon's Tale is split into six
> scenes, each of which focuses on a different part of the D&D LEGO set.
> Players will start off in a local tavern before eventually traveling
> into a crumbling tower and exploring both underneath it and above it.
>
> Perhaps the most interesting part about Red Dragon's Tale is that it
> contains an alternative set of rules that allows players to play through
> the adventure without using the D&D ruleset. The simplified 1-page
> ruleset utilizes a simplistic ruleset that replaces saving throws with
> coin flips and deals set amount of damage based on what kind of combat
> action is performed on a monster. Additionally, there is a "Knocked
> Down" mechanic that essentially replaces a death throw and dictates that
> any character depicted by a minifigure is knocked down whenever it is
> successfully hit by a "a weapon attack, a damage-dealing spell, or some
> other damaging effect." Once a minifigure is knocked down three times,
> it is removed from the combat encounter.

I DL the PDF, the 1 page rules are surprisingly simple and could work
pretty well with kids. I'm very tempted to try it with the kids. But:

> The Dungeons & Dragons: Red Dragon's Tale is available now at the LEGO
> website for $359.99. The set, released to celebrate D&D's 50th
> anniversary contains 3,745 pieces.

OUCH!

--
-Justisaur

ø-ø
(\_/)\
`-'\ `--.___,
¶¬'\( ,_.-'
\\
^'

Re: [Comicbook.com] Dungeons & Dragons LEGO Adventure Is Free to Download Now

<uuqu7e$kesd$1@sibirocobombus.campaignwiki>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/interests/article-flat.php?id=336&group=rec.games.frp.dnd#336

From: gmkeros@gmail.com (Kyonshi)
Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.dnd,rec.toys.lego
Download Now
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 22:15:07 +0200
 by: Kyonshi - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 20:15 UTC

On 4/5/2024 5:43 PM, Justisaur wrote:

> I DL the PDF, the 1 page rules are surprisingly simple and could work
> pretty well with kids.  I'm very tempted to try it with the kids. But:
>

>> The Dungeons & Dragons: Red Dragon's Tale is available now at the LEGO
>> website for $359.99. The set, released to celebrate D&D's 50th
>> anniversary contains 3,745 pieces.
>
> OUCH!

Yeah... Lego prices nowadays. Licensed Lego prices as well, that adds
another 30-40% onto the end price depending on the license involved (the
Super Mario line was terrifyingly expensive).

Re: [Comicbook.com] Dungeons & Dragons LEGO Adventure Is Free to Download Now

<20240407022348.00003a3e@gmail.com>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/interests/article-flat.php?id=344&group=rec.games.frp.dnd#344

From: gmkeros@gmail.com (Kyonshi)
Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.dnd,rec.toys.lego
Download Now
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 02:23:48 +0200
 by: Kyonshi - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 00:23 UTC

On Wed, 03 Apr 2024 14:34:16 -0400
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> I think I still have my Wendy's D&D adventure somewhere...

Wasn't that it's own system? I only glanced at it though.

Re: [Comicbook.com] Dungeons & Dragons LEGO Adventure Is Free to Download Now

<uv5ukh$topp$10@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/interests/article-flat.php?id=357&group=rec.games.frp.dnd#357

From: weberm@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.dnd,rec.toys.lego
Subject: Re: [Comicbook.com] Dungeons & Dragons LEGO Adventure Is Free to Download Now
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 04:30:48 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 10 Apr 2024 08:30 UTC

In article <20240407022348.00003a3e@gmail.com>, gmkeros@gmail.com wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>> I think I still have my Wendy's D&D adventure somewhere...
>
>Wasn't that it's own system? I only glanced at it though.

I haven't looked at it for awhile, but I remember it being open-license D&D.

--
Let's go Brandon!

interests / rec.games.frp.dnd / Re: [Comicbook.com] Dungeons & Dragons LEGO Adventure Is Free to Download Now