"Hello again, Peabody here..." -- Mister Peabody

interests / sci.lang.japan / 流派 (ryuuha)

SubjectAuthor
* 流派 (ryuuha)gggg gggg
`* Re: 流派 (ryuuha)gggg gggg
 `- Re: 流派 (ryuuha)HenHanna

1
流派 (ryuuha)

<d683d8ef-b642-45f5-a004-f9a676a164ebn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/interests/article-flat.php?id=28&group=sci.lang.japan#28

Newsgroups: sci.lang.japan
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2023 18:09:38 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 流派 (ryuuha)
From: ggggg9271@gmail.com (gggg gggg)
 by: gggg gggg - Thu, 8 Jun 2023 01:09 UTC

According to Chatbot BARD:

The Japanese expression 流派 (ryuuha) can be translated into English as "school" or "school of thought." It is used to refer to a group of people who share a common philosophy or approach to a particular discipline. In the context of martial arts, ryuuha refers to a particular style of martial arts. For example, Shotokan is a ryuuha of karate, and Aikido is a ryuuha of jujitsu.

The word ryuuha is made up of two kanji characters:

流 (ryu) - meaning "flow" or "stream"
派 (ha) - meaning "faction" or "group"

Together, these two characters suggest the idea of a group of people who are flowing together in the same direction. This is a fitting metaphor for a martial arts ryuuha, as the members of such a group are all working together to achieve a common goal.

In addition to martial arts, the term ryuuha can also be used to refer to schools of thought in other disciplines, such as philosophy, religion, or art. For example, there are many different ryuuha of Zen Buddhism, each with its own unique approach to the practice of Zen.

The term ryuuha is a reminder that there is no single "right" way to do anything. There are many different schools of thought and approaches to any given discipline, and it is up to each individual to find the one that works best for them.

Re: 流派 (ryuuha)

<6824f483-4b96-4d10-be09-2a666c2bf560n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/interests/article-flat.php?id=29&group=sci.lang.japan#29

Newsgroups: sci.lang.japan
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2023 18:11:32 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: 流派 (ryuuha)
From: ggggg9271@gmail.com (gggg gggg)
 by: gggg gggg - Thu, 8 Jun 2023 01:11 UTC

On Wednesday, June 7, 2023 at 6:09:39 PM UTC-7, gggg gggg wrote:
> According to Chatbot BARD:
>

> The Japanese expression 流派 (ryuuha) can be translated into English as "school" or "school of thought." It is used to refer to a group of people who share a common philosophy or approach to a particular discipline. In the context of martial arts, ryuuha refers to a particular style of martial arts. For example, Shotokan is a ryuuha of karate, and Aikido is a ryuuha of jujitsu.
>
> The word ryuuha is made up of two kanji characters:
>
> 流 (ryu) - meaning "flow" or "stream"
> 派 (ha) - meaning "faction" or "group"
>
> Together, these two characters suggest the idea of a group of people who are flowing together in the same direction. This is a fitting metaphor for a martial arts ryuuha, as the members of such a group are all working together to achieve a common goal.
>
> In addition to martial arts, the term ryuuha can also be used to refer to schools of thought in other disciplines, such as philosophy, religion, or art. For example, there are many different ryuuha of Zen Buddhism, each with its own unique approach to the practice of Zen.
>
> The term ryuuha is a reminder that there is no single "right" way to do anything. There are many different schools of thought and approaches to any given discipline, and it is up to each individual to find the one that works best for them.

Could RYUUHA be translated as GUILD?

Re: 流派 (ryuuha)

<668431e41698358a19f4e3f582838f7e@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/interests/article-flat.php?id=102&group=sci.lang.japan#102

From: HenHanna@dev.null (HenHanna)
Newsgroups: sci.lang.japan
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2024 23:19:39 +0000
 by: HenHanna - Mon, 4 Mar 2024 23:19 UTC

gggg gggg wrote:

> On Wednesday, June 7, 2023 at 6:09:39 PM UTC-7, gggg gggg wrote:
>> According to Chatbot BARD:
>>

>> The Japanese expression 流派 (ryuuha) can be translated into English as "school" or "school of thought." It is used to refer to a group of people who share a common philosophy or approach to a particular discipline. In the context of martial arts, ryuuha refers to a particular style of martial arts. For example, Shotokan is a ryuuha of karate, and Aikido is a ryuuha of jujitsu.
>>
>> The word ryuuha is made up of two kanji characters:
>>
>> 流 (ryu) - meaning "flow" or "stream"
>> 派 (ha) - meaning "faction" or "group"
>>
>> Together, these two characters suggest the idea of a group of people who are flowing together in the same direction. This is a fitting metaphor for a martial arts ryuuha, as the members of such a group are all working together to achieve a common goal.
>>
>> In addition to martial arts, the term ryuuha can also be used to refer to schools of thought in other disciplines, such as philosophy, religion, or art. For example, there are many different ryuuha of Zen Buddhism, each with its own unique approach to the practice of Zen.
>>
>> The term ryuuha is a reminder that there is no single "right" way to do anything. There are many different schools of thought and approaches to any given discipline, and it is up to each individual to find the one that works best for them.

> Could RYUUHA be translated as GUILD?

possibly...

> For example, Shotokan is a ryuuha of karate, and Aikido is a ryuuha of jujitsu.

Tea ceremony: Different schools of tea ceremony emphasize different aspects of the practice, such as the specific movements, utensils, and philosophy. Some of the major schools include Urasenke, Omotesenke, and Mushashino.

Flower arrangement: Similar to tea ceremony, there are various schools of ikebana (flower arrangement) with distinct styles and techniques. Some prominent schools include Ikenobo, Sogetsu, and Ohara.

Other disciplines: The concept of ryūha extends beyond artistic practices and can be found in various fields like calligraphy (shodō), incense appreciation (kōdō), and even cuisine, where different regions or restaurants may have their own distinct styles.

Overall, the concept of ryūha plays a significant role in Japanese culture, representing the传承 (denshō, transmission) of knowledge and traditions from generation to generation while allowing for the development of diverse styles and expressions within each discipline.