From: justisaur@yahoo.com (Justisaur)
Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.dnd
Subject: Some more gods
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 15:36:47 -0700
 by: Justisaur - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 22:36 UTC

Came up with these after someone mentioned a few of the names and
mentioned they were having trouble coming up with names for their gods

Mosh - CE Lord of the Pit, body-slams, and angry tuneless music

Josh - CN lord of jokes, jibes, pranks, and poking fun.

Bosh - NE god of blunt force

Rosh - LE god of allergies, blood-suckers and diseases.

Fosh - CG god of waves, tubes, boards and going with the flow

Gosh - LG goddess of restraint

Nosh - NG goddess of abundance and food

Cosh - TN god of comfort and money

Losh - LN god of bureaucracy

--
-Justisaur

ø-ø
(\_/)\
`-'\ `--.___,
¶¬'\( ,_.-'
\\
^'

Re: Some more gods

<ut2k0h$2gq3j$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/interests/article-flat.php?id=278&group=rec.games.frp.dnd#278

From: gmkeros@gmail.com (kyonshi)
Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.dnd
Subject: Re: Some more gods
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 00:01:37 +0100
 by: kyonshi - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 23:01 UTC

On 3/15/2024 11:36 PM, Justisaur wrote:
> Came up with these after someone mentioned a few of the names and
> mentioned they were having trouble coming up with names for their gods
>
> Mosh - CE Lord of the Pit, body-slams, and angry tuneless music
>
> Josh - CN lord of jokes, jibes, pranks, and poking fun.
>
> Bosh - NE god of blunt force
>
> Rosh - LE god of allergies, blood-suckers and diseases.
>
> Fosh - CG god of waves, tubes, boards and going with the flow
>
> Gosh - LG goddess of restraint
>
> Nosh - NG goddess of abundance and food
>
> Cosh - TN god of comfort and money
>
> Losh - LN god of bureaucracy

That's cute. They make some nice petty gods.

I went a bit more back to basics at one point and created this pantheon
years ago, all based on appellations of the Greek/Roman/other gods, with
some Discworld and further fantasy influences.
It's mostly supposed to be a generic pantheon, but I tried to make the
names as obscure as possible. Except Tyche. Because you aren't supposed
to talk about her.

The Gods of Bithynia
Name - Symbol - Area of Influence
Kasios the Mighty ('The old lecher') Lightning Bolt sky,
thunder, rulership
Basíleia the Kindly Diadem women,
marriage, family
Dawon from the Deep Trident sea, horses
Kidaria the Plentiful Grain
fertility, agriculture, nature, and the seasons
Itonia the Wise Helmet wisdom,
handicrafts, defence and strategic warfare
Adon/Chthon* the Nightly One Grapes/Key wine,
celebrations and ecstasy, theatre
/underworld, dead and the riches under the Earth
Loxias the Enlightened Lyre light,
knowledge, music, poetry, dreams, prophecy and archery
Kynthia the Huntress Bow and Arrow hunt,
virginity, childbirth, archery, animals, the moon
Enyal the Warrior Sword war,
violence and bloodshed
Kypris the Beautiful Rose love,
beauty, desire, sex
Chalkeús the Mute Fire fire
and forge
Enodios the Quick Tortoise
commerce, thieves, and messengers
Hestia the Friendly/Welcoming Hearth hearth,
domesticity, family
Vejovis the Scaled Serpent
marshland and earthquakes, medicine, healing.
Triodia the Arcane Crossroads magic,
magic users, and crossroads
Nomios the Wild Flute wild,
shepherds and flocks, sex, nature, hunting and rustic music
Anantios (Anancy) the Sly Spider web
spiders, trickster, knowledge
Tyche ('Luck','The Lady'**) Coin luck,
gambling
* one god who personifies two different aspects, this is a widely-known
mystery of his cults
**'the One-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named-(no!-the-other-one)', general consensus
is that if you call to her she will go away

Re: Some more gods

<ahqbvihdghejlmoh2mcgukuf4fqoqjb205@4ax.com>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/interests/article-flat.php?id=279&group=rec.games.frp.dnd#279

From: spallshurgenson@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.dnd
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 15:02:12 -0400
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 19:02 UTC

On Fri, 15 Mar 2024 15:36:47 -0700, Justisaur <justisaur@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Came up with these after someone mentioned a few of the names and
>mentioned they were having trouble coming up with names for their gods
>
>Mosh - CE Lord of the Pit, body-slams, and angry tuneless music
>
>Josh - CN lord of jokes, jibes, pranks, and poking fun.
>
>Bosh - NE god of blunt force
>
>Rosh - LE god of allergies, blood-suckers and diseases.
>
>Fosh - CG god of waves, tubes, boards and going with the flow
>
>Gosh - LG goddess of restraint
>
>Nosh - NG goddess of abundance and food
>
>Cosh - TN god of comfort and money
>
>Losh - LN god of bureaucracy

I'd have made "Cosh" the god of blunt force, what with a cosh being a
blackjack. Anyone who's played ever a thief character should know that
;-)

Then name the god of money "Dosh", since it's slang for cash anyway.

"Tosh" might have been a better name than "Josh" (tosh: (n) silly
nonsense, twaddle, balderdash)

And perhaps "Slosh" for the God of the Waves?

"Posh" - NG goddess of fashion?

"Quosh" - NE god of suppression?

"Wosh" - CG god of cleanliness?

"Shosh" (or perhaps "Hosh"?) - NN god of sneaking and silence?

I have to admit, I don't get the 'Rosh' reference. Or 'Losh' for that
matter (a derivative of laws perhaps?)

Re: Some more gods

<ut4u8n$329vm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/interests/article-flat.php?id=280&group=rec.games.frp.dnd#280

From: gmkeros@gmail.com (kyonshi)
Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.dnd
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 21:08:57 +0100
 by: kyonshi - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 20:08 UTC

On 3/16/2024 8:02 PM, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Mar 2024 15:36:47 -0700, Justisaur <justisaur@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Came up with these after someone mentioned a few of the names and
>> mentioned they were having trouble coming up with names for their gods
>>
>> Mosh - CE Lord of the Pit, body-slams, and angry tuneless music
>>
>> Josh - CN lord of jokes, jibes, pranks, and poking fun.
>>
>> Bosh - NE god of blunt force
>>
>> Rosh - LE god of allergies, blood-suckers and diseases.
>>
>> Fosh - CG god of waves, tubes, boards and going with the flow
>>
>> Gosh - LG goddess of restraint
>>
>> Nosh - NG goddess of abundance and food
>>
>> Cosh - TN god of comfort and money
>>
>> Losh - LN god of bureaucracy
>

> I'd have made "Cosh" the god of blunt force, what with a cosh being a
> blackjack. Anyone who's played ever a thief character should know that
> ;-)
>
> Then name the god of money "Dosh", since it's slang for cash anyway.
>
> "Tosh" might have been a better name than "Josh" (tosh: (n) silly
> nonsense, twaddle, balderdash)
>
> And perhaps "Slosh" for the God of the Waves?
>
> "Posh" - NG goddess of fashion?
>
> "Quosh" - NE god of suppression?
>
> "Wosh" - CG god of cleanliness?
>
> "Shosh" (or perhaps "Hosh"?) - NN god of sneaking and silence?
>

> I have to admit, I don't get the 'Rosh' reference. Or 'Losh' for that
> matter (a derivative of laws perhaps?)

Rosh for rash, a common side effect for allergies
Losh eludes me, maybe a pun on loss, like... losing files?

Re: Some more gods

<uubupf$346ho$1@sibirocobombus.campaignwiki>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/interests/article-flat.php?id=313&group=rec.games.frp.dnd#313

From: dozens@tilde.team (dozens)
Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.dnd
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2024 09:17:03 -0600
 by: dozens - Sun, 31 Mar 2024 15:17 UTC

On 3/15/24 4:36 PM, Justisaur wrote:
> Came up with these after someone mentioned a few of the names and
> mentioned they were having trouble coming up with names for their gods
>
> Mosh - CE Lord of the Pit, body-slams, and angry tuneless music
>
> Josh - CN lord of jokes, jibes, pranks, and poking fun.
>
> Bosh - NE god of blunt force
>
> Rosh - LE god of allergies, blood-suckers and diseases.
>
> Fosh - CG god of waves, tubes, boards and going with the flow
>
> Gosh - LG goddess of restraint
>
> Nosh - NG goddess of abundance and food
>
> Cosh - TN god of comfort and money
>
> Losh - LN god of bureaucracy

Remember that time I made up a pantheon of 32 gods (12 major + 20 minor)
for a solo game?

http://tilde.town/~dozens/clericthief/journal.html#pantheon

They also all have variations of the same name.
Only "Patrick" instead of "Josh."

Re: Some more gods

<uuh7nj$397h9$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/interests/article-flat.php?id=323&group=rec.games.frp.dnd#323

From: weberm@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.dnd
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2024 11:20:19 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 15:20 UTC

In article <ut2ihv$2gkgq$1@dont-email.me>, justisaur@yahoo.com wrote:

>Came up with these after someone mentioned a few of the names and
>mentioned they were having trouble coming up with names for their gods
>
>Mosh - CE Lord of the Pit, body-slams, and angry tuneless music
>
>Josh - CN lord of jokes, jibes, pranks, and poking fun.
>
>Bosh - NE god of blunt force
>
>Rosh - LE god of allergies, blood-suckers and diseases.
>
>Fosh - CG god of waves, tubes, boards and going with the flow
>
>Gosh - LG goddess of restraint
>
>Nosh - NG goddess of abundance and food
>
>Cosh - TN god of comfort and money
>
>Losh - LN god of bureaucracy

Should'nt that be Kosh for the last entry?

Oh yeah, there's also

Jinx - CG, now CE gawd of saying the same thing similtaniously,
now bad luck.

--
Let's go Brandon!

--
Let's go Brandon!

interests / rec.games.frp.dnd / Some more gods