From: gmkeros@gmail.com (kyonshi)
Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.dnd,rec.games.frp.misc
Subject: [EN World] Industry Veteran Jennell Jaquays Passes
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2024 16:03:43 +0100
 by: kyonshi - Wed, 10 Jan 2024 15:03 UTC

https://www.enworld.org/threads/industry-veteran-jennell-jaquays-passes.702020/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=mastodon

D&D General - Industry Veteran Jennell Jaquays Passes

Jennell Jaquays was an important figure in the development of Dungeons &
Dragons and the tabletop roleplaying game industry. She passed away
today at the age of 68. Known for her work on Dark Tower and Caverns of
Thracia, she was a game designer and artist; she was responsible for
many RPG covers, including Dragon Mountain. Jennell worked for TSR,
Judges Guild, and Chaosium, amongst others, as well as video game
companies, working on Quake and Age of Empires, and was also a an
activist for trans rights, instrumental in brining about important
legislation as creative director for the Transgender Human Rights
Institute. Jenny had been suffering from Guillain-Barré syndrome in
recent years.

Our condolences go out to Jennell's friends and family. The industry
lost a legend today.

Re: [EN World] Industry Veteran Jennell Jaquays Passes

<unmk0d$2ise6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/interests/article-flat.php?id=68&group=rec.games.frp.dnd#68

From: justisaur@yahoo.com (Justisaur)
Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.dnd,rec.games.frp.misc
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2024 09:26:37 -0800
 by: Justisaur - Wed, 10 Jan 2024 17:26 UTC

On 1/10/2024 7:03 AM, kyonshi wrote:
> https://www.enworld.org/threads/industry-veteran-jennell-jaquays-passes.702020/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=mastodon
>
> D&D General - Industry Veteran Jennell Jaquays Passes
>
> Jennell Jaquays was an important figure in the development of Dungeons &
> Dragons and the tabletop roleplaying game industry. She passed away
> today at the age of 68. Known for her work on Dark Tower and Caverns of
> Thracia, she was a game designer and artist; she was responsible for
> many RPG covers, including Dragon Mountain. Jennell worked for TSR,
> Judges Guild, and Chaosium, amongst others, as well as video game
> companies, working on Quake and Age of Empires, and was also a an
> activist for trans rights, instrumental in brining about important
> legislation as creative director for the Transgender Human Rights
> Institute. Jenny had been suffering from Guillain-Barré syndrome in
> recent years.
>
> Our condolences go out to Jennell's friends and family. The industry
> lost a legend today.

Oh damn. :(

So many of the great old ones go too early it seems :(

--
-Justisaur

ø-ø
(\_/)\
`-'\ `--.___,
¶¬'\( ,_.-'
\\
^'

Re: [EN World] Industry Veteran Jennell Jaquays Passes

<uo5je5$3g14b$2@sibirocobombus.campaignwiki>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/interests/article-flat.php?id=86&group=rec.games.frp.dnd#86

From: gmkeros@gmail.com (kyonshi)
Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.dnd,rec.games.frp.misc
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2024 10:48:53 +0100
 by: kyonshi - Tue, 16 Jan 2024 09:48 UTC

On 1/10/2024 6:26 PM, Justisaur wrote:
> On 1/10/2024 7:03 AM, kyonshi wrote:
>> https://www.enworld.org/threads/industry-veteran-jennell-jaquays-passes.702020/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=mastodon
>>
>> D&D General - Industry Veteran Jennell Jaquays Passes
>>
>> Jennell Jaquays was an important figure in the development of Dungeons
>> & Dragons and the tabletop roleplaying game industry. She passed away
>> today at the age of 68. Known for her work on Dark Tower and Caverns
>> of Thracia, she was a game designer and artist; she was responsible
>> for many RPG covers, including Dragon Mountain. Jennell worked for
>> TSR, Judges Guild, and Chaosium, amongst others, as well as video game
>> companies, working on Quake and Age of Empires, and was also a an
>> activist for trans rights, instrumental in brining about important
>> legislation as creative director for the Transgender Human Rights
>> Institute. Jenny had been suffering from Guillain-Barré syndrome in
>> recent years.
>>
>> Our condolences go out to Jennell's friends and family. The industry
>> lost a legend today.
>
> Oh damn.  :(
>
> So many of the great old ones go too early it seems :(

Who is even still left from the early times?
I think Lee Gold and Lewis Pulsipher are still going.
But to be fair it has been 50 years since D&D was released. And Jennell
was there from nearly the beginning.

Re: [EN World] Industry Veteran Jennell Jaquays Passes

<rf9dqihlrg84ln6ft71pi52gch49jfv0v4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/interests/article-flat.php?id=89&group=rec.games.frp.dnd#89

From: spallshurgenson@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.dnd
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2024 10:54:03 -0500
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Tue, 16 Jan 2024 15:54 UTC

On Tue, 16 Jan 2024 10:48:53 +0100, kyonshi <gmkeros@gmail.com> wrote:

>Who is even still left from the early times?
>I think Lee Gold and Lewis Pulsipher are still going.
>But to be fair it has been 50 years since D&D was released. And Jennell
>was there from nearly the beginning.

Zeb Cook is around. Although not from the very earliest days, he's
been around at least from the late 70s and early 80s. He had a hand in
developing D&D Expert set, and Oriental Adventures.

On the other hand, TIL that Tom Moldvay is dead. I think I'm going to
go hug my Basic Set in remembrance.

Re: [EN World] Industry Veteran Jennell Jaquays Passes

<uo9qpd$28col$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/interests/article-flat.php?id=97&group=rec.games.frp.dnd#97

From: justisaur@yahoo.com (Justisaur)
Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.dnd,rec.games.frp.misc
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2024 16:18:53 -0800
 by: Justisaur - Thu, 18 Jan 2024 00:18 UTC

On 1/16/2024 1:48 AM, kyonshi wrote:
> On 1/10/2024 6:26 PM, Justisaur wrote:
>> On 1/10/2024 7:03 AM, kyonshi wrote:
>>> https://www.enworld.org/threads/industry-veteran-jennell-jaquays-passes.702020/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=mastodon
>>>
>>> D&D General - Industry Veteran Jennell Jaquays Passes
>>>
>>> Jennell Jaquays was an important figure in the development of
>>> Dungeons & Dragons and the tabletop roleplaying game industry. She
>>> passed away today at the age of 68. Known for her work on Dark Tower
>>> and Caverns of Thracia, she was a game designer and artist; she was
>>> responsible for many RPG covers, including Dragon Mountain. Jennell
>>> worked for TSR, Judges Guild, and Chaosium, amongst others, as well
>>> as video game companies, working on Quake and Age of Empires, and was
>>> also a an activist for trans rights, instrumental in brining about
>>> important legislation as creative director for the Transgender Human
>>> Rights Institute. Jenny had been suffering from Guillain-Barré
>>> syndrome in recent years.
>>>
>>> Our condolences go out to Jennell's friends and family. The industry
>>> lost a legend today.
>>
>> Oh damn.  :(
>>
>> So many of the great old ones go too early it seems :(
>>

> Who is even still left from the early times?
> I think Lee Gold and Lewis Pulsipher are still going.
> But to be fair it has been 50 years since D&D was released. And Jennell
> was there from nearly the beginning.

Frank Mentzer is still around, though he's not quite as early as
Jaquays. I can't think of anyone else.

--
-Justisaur

ø-ø
(\_/)\
`-'\ `--.___,
¶¬'\( ,_.-'
\\
^'

Re: [EN World] Industry Veteran Jennell Jaquays Passes

<uo9r8h$28col$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/interests/article-flat.php?id=98&group=rec.games.frp.dnd#98

From: justisaur@yahoo.com (Justisaur)
Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.dnd,rec.games.frp.misc
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2024 16:26:57 -0800
 by: Justisaur - Thu, 18 Jan 2024 00:26 UTC

On 1/17/2024 4:18 PM, Justisaur wrote:
> On 1/16/2024 1:48 AM, kyonshi wrote:

>>> Oh damn.  :(
>>>
>>> So many of the great old ones go too early it seems :(
>>>

>> Who is even still left from the early times?
>> I think Lee Gold and Lewis Pulsipher are still going.
>> But to be fair it has been 50 years since D&D was released. And
>> Jennell was there from nearly the beginning.
>
> Frank Mentzer is still around, though he's not quite as early as
> Jaquays. I can't think of anyone else.

Oh Lawrence Schick (White Plume Mountain) as well. One of the writers
on Baldur's Gate 3!

--
-Justisaur

ø-ø
(\_/)\
`-'\ `--.___,
¶¬'\( ,_.-'
\\
^'

Re: [EN World] Industry Veteran Jennell Jaquays Passes

<uoan1v$1a9i8$2@sibirocobombus.campaignwiki>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/interests/article-flat.php?id=101&group=rec.games.frp.dnd#101

From: gmkeros@gmail.com (kyonshi)
Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.dnd,rec.games.frp.misc
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2024 09:21:19 +0100
 by: kyonshi - Thu, 18 Jan 2024 08:21 UTC

On 1/18/2024 1:26 AM, Justisaur wrote:
> On 1/17/2024 4:18 PM, Justisaur wrote:

>>> Who is even still left from the early times?
>>> I think Lee Gold and Lewis Pulsipher are still going.
>>> But to be fair it has been 50 years since D&D was released. And
>>> Jennell was there from nearly the beginning.
>>
>> Frank Mentzer is still around, though he's not quite as early as
>> Jaquays. I can't think of anyone else.
>>

> Oh Lawrence Schick (White Plume Mountain) as well.  One of the writers
> on Baldur's Gate 3!

huh, interesting. I never really cared for the module, but it's nice to
see he's still involved.

interests / rec.games.frp.dnd / Re: [EN World] Industry Veteran Jennell Jaquays Passes