From: luca@no.spam.invalid (Luca)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Subject: How to prevent Facebook links to clos tabs in Firefox
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2023 09:24:20 +0200
 by: Luca - Sat, 1 Jul 2023 07:24 UTC

Ditto. I have "Open links in tabs instead of new windows" selected. When I
click on a Facebook link, the FB page opens in a new tab but the previous one
disappears. How can I avoid this? I can't find any useful option in settings.

Tnx.

Luca - e-mail: p.stevens at libero.it

Re: How to prevent Facebook links to clos tabs in Firefox

<kCXnM.148$_2s1.67@fx44.iad>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/computers/article-flat.php?id=431&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#431

Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
From: justaw@noreply.invalid (justaW)
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2023 11:28:15 -0400
 by: justaW - Sat, 1 Jul 2023 15:28 UTC

On 01-Jul-23 3:24 AM, Luca wrote:

> Ditto. I have "Open links in tabs instead of new windows" selected. When I
> click on a Facebook link, the FB page opens in a new tab but the previous one
> disappears. How can I avoid this? I can't find any useful option in settings.
>
> Tnx.

Do you have anything like a facebook or google container plugin
installed? I don't use facebook, but the google container, whenever you
open a link that takes you to a google service (gmail, youtube,), it
doesn't open in the same tab, but a new tab with no history. It's
entirely sandboxed. It sounds like something similar may be happening
with facebook.
Outside of a sandbox, they'll know what page you navigated from. No
sense in paying them more data than you need to IMHO

Re: How to prevent Facebook links to clos tabs in Firefox

<6na3ai9cctjuti3ahqp1h8kkab6pgfcrs7@4ax.com>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/computers/article-flat.php?id=446&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#446

From: luca@no.spam.invalid (Luca)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2023 19:01:47 +0200
 by: Luca - Sun, 2 Jul 2023 17:01 UTC

justaW:

> On 01-Jul-23 3:24 AM, Luca wrote:
> >
> > Ditto. I have "Open links in tabs instead of new windows" selected. When I
> > click on a Facebook link, the FB page opens in a new tab but the previous one
> > disappears. How can I avoid this? I can't find any useful option in settings.
> >
> > Tnx.
> >
> Do you have anything like a facebook or google container plugin
> installed?

Oops... yes I do. Tnx, this already smells like one of those things I like but
I'm too lazy to study how they actually work. It's this one:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/facebook-container/?utm_source=addons.mozilla.org&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=search

> I don't use facebook, but the google container, whenever you
> open a link that takes you to a google service (gmail, youtube,), it
> doesn't open in the same tab, but a new tab with no history.

That would be fine, but why does it also have to make the previous tab
disappear altogether? To reopen it I have to go to the recently closed tabs
history.

Luca - e-mail: p.stevens at libero.it

computers / alt.comp.software.firefox / Re: How to prevent Facebook links to clos tabs in Firefox