From: nobody@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Subject: You Should Read The EULA of Web Sites You Use
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2023 06:19:08 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
 by: Nomen Nescio - Sun, 4 Jun 2023 04:19 UTC

Here is the Epoch Times being totally honest as to what information
they and other Web sites collect from your visit.
+++++++
Information That We Collect

We collect your information in several ways, including: Information we
collect from you; Information we collect from when you use our
Services; and Information we collect from third parties. When you use
our Services (e.g., purchase a subscription or other products, browse
our sites, use our apps, complete a survey, etc.), we may request and
you may provide your personal information to The Epoch Times. The Epoch
Times collects, uses and processes your personal information to provide
our Sites and Services to you, and to meet our legal, statutory and
contractual obligations. The specific information we collect depends
upon your use of the Sites and our other Services, as described below.

�Personal information� is information that identifies you as an
individual or relates to or is reasonably capable of being associated
with an identifiable individual, and includes the data sets referred to
below.

The personal information that we may collect includes:

-Your name;

-Your Email (only applicable to account registration and for our
newsletter service and subscription);

-Your billing and contact information, such as your name, address,
telephone number (only applicable to subscription of certain paid
services);

-Your user account information (including email address and access
information);

-Your IP address and unique user/device identifiers;

-Your geo-location;

-Your demographic information, such as your age and gender;

-Your payment card or other online payment information;

-Your purchasing history and subscription information;

-Browser type and browsing history;

-Device type and other device information;

-Operating system;

-Cookies and tags;

-Your user generated content (such as your comments to our Sites, chat
information, and other content that you generate and provide to us);

-Information on user activity/behaviors, interests, and preferences on
our Sites and apps; and

-Information from third parties and other databases.
How We Collect Your Information

The personal information is collected in several different ways,
including: registration forms to sign up for our online and offline
Services, billing, user generated content (e.g., comments), survey,
contacting our service center, different cookies and tracking
technologies, and other sources.

a. Information You Provide to Us. This includes the information that
you provide to The Epoch Times directly � for instance, when you
purchase a subscription or create an account, contact us with a
question, applying for a job through our Sites, post comments or other
user generated content to our Sites, or otherwise directly interact
with us. Please note that information you choose to provide through
comments or other user generated content to our Sites may be publicly
accessible and viewable to other visitors to the Sites.

b. Information Gathered During the Use of Our Services. This includes
among others information automatically gathered through your use of our
Sites, such as through cookies.

c. Information Collected after Consent. In some contexts, we may ask
for your consent before collecting certain types of information.

d. Data from other sources. We also obtain data from other partners or
third parties that help us provide our services to you.
Cookies and Ad-Targeting Technologies

We and our third-party partners (including service providers and
advertising partners) may use cookies, web beacons (�pixels�), mobile
ad identifiers, and other similar technologies to facilitate our
relevant services to you, and to provide you with a customized online
experience. Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may
include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your
browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking
technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect
and track information and to analyze and improve our Service. We use
third-party partners to help manage and optimize our services�
performance and online advertising.

Please be advised that if you choose to reject all cookies, then
certain areas of the Site might not function properly.

Examples of cookies we use:

First Party Cookies. We use first party cookies, including session
cookies and preference cookies, to remember your selections, choices,
and preferences for when you interact with our Sites. Session cookies
are temporary and are automatically deleted once you close your
Internet browser. Preference cookies are first party cookies that
remain on your device until you delete them or they are otherwise
removed upon expiration.

Third Party Cookies. We permit certain third-party Service Providers,
advertisers, and other companies to use cookies or other similar
technologies on our Website. These companies may collect your
information, track your behavior on our Website, and gather information
about your use of our Websites and other online services over time and
across different services. Additionally, some companies may use
information collected to deliver targeted ads on behalf of us or other
companies, including on other websites or online services. We are not
responsible for the functioning of cookies and other technologies used
and placed by third parties on your device.

The third-party partners we use who may utilize cookies or other
tracking technologies include:

�Google: to provide Google Analytics (as Analytics Cookies) to analyze
behavior of your use of our Sites, apps, and other Services, in order
to improve our Services and provide you and other users with a better
experience;

�Facebook, Twitter, and other Social Media Partners (Social Media
Cookies): to enable the sharing of content through social media sites
and otherwise allow you to interact or connect with such sites while
using our platforms;

�Advertising partners: Google (Google Ad Manager) and Lotame: to
collect information about your activities on our Sites and apps, and
serve you personalized advertising.

�Interest-Based Advertising & Analytics: We utilize third parties such
as Revcontent to collect information about your activities on our Sites
and apps, and serve you interest-based advertising and analyze the
activity on our Sites and apps.

Other Technologies: We collect many different types of information from
other technologies to improve the quality of our Site and the services
we provide. For example, we may collect usage data and other
information about the device you use to access our Site, your operating
system and/or mobile device type, browser type, domain, and other
system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the
country and time zone where your device is located. We may record the
IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet.

These technologies include web beacons and scripts: Web beacons are
pieces of code embedded in a website or e-mail to monitor your activity
on the website or your opening of the e-mail, and which can pass along
information such as the IP address of the computer or device you use to
view the website or open the e-mail, the URL page on which the web
beacon is located, the type of web browser that was used to access the
website, and previously set cookie values. Web beacons are sometimes
used to collect advertising data, such as counting page views,
promotion views or advertising responses. Disabling your computer�s,
device�s or web browser�s cookies may prevent some web beacons from
tracking or recording certain information about your activities. Please
be advised that if you disable all such cookies, then certain areas of
the Site might not function properly.

Scripts are pieces of code embedded in a website to define how the
website behaves in response to certain key or click requests sent by
the user. Scripts are sometimes used to collect information about the
user�s interactions with the website, such as the links the user clicks
on. Scripts are often temporarily downloaded to the user�s computer or
device from the website server, active only while the user is connected
to the Site and deactivated or deleted when the user disconnects from
the website. Please be advised that if you disable any scripts through
your web browser or other means, then certain areas of the Site might
not function properly.

computers / alt.comp.software.firefox / You Should Read The EULA of Web Sites You Use