Before Xerox, five carbons were the maximum extension of anybody's ego.

computers / alt.comp.software.firefox / Re: Firefox v118.0.2

SubjectAuthor
* Firefox v118.0Ant
+- Firefox v118.0Mortimer Houghton
+* Firefox v118.0Adam H. Kerman
|`* Firefox v118.0Mortimer Houghton
| `* Firefox v118.0Ken Blake
|  `* Firefox v118.0Mortimer Houghton
|   +- Firefox v118.0Ken Blake
|   `* Firefox v118.0Mortimer Houghton
|    `- Firefox v118.0Ken Blake
`* Firefox v118.0.2Ant
 +- Firefox v118.0.2Adam H. Kerman
 `- Firefox v118.0.2Mr. Man-wai Chang

1
Firefox v118.0

<37ydnTbMbvf7Q4_4nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/computers/article-flat.php?id=1022&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1022

From: ant@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Subject: Firefox v118.0
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2023 13:36:38 +0000
 by: Ant - Tue, 26 Sep 2023 13:36 UTC

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/118.0/releasenotes/
--
"For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit." --2 Peter 1:21. Still allergy sick with leaks, sneezes, itches, Zs, etc. 4 2 wks. Dang humans, companies, & life.
| |o o| |

Re: Firefox v118.0

<ueupub$2hq90$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/computers/article-flat.php?id=1023&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1023

From: mortimer@VivoBook.X512D (Mortimer Houghton)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Subject: Re: Firefox v118.0
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2023 14:30:35 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mortimer Houghton - Tue, 26 Sep 2023 14:30 UTC

ant@zimage.comANT (Ant) writes:

>https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/118.0/releasenotes/

I've been using the beta for a while now. It's been good.
--
what even is a signature?

Re: Firefox v118.0

<uev251$2jd26$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/computers/article-flat.php?id=1025&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1025

From: ahk@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2023 16:50:41 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Tue, 26 Sep 2023 16:50 UTC

Ant <ant@zimage.comANT> wrote:

>https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/118.0/releasenotes/

Where are my exclamation points?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Firefox v118.0

<uev882$2kju5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/computers/article-flat.php?id=1026&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1026

From: mortimer@VivoBook.X512D (Mortimer Houghton)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2023 18:34:42 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mortimer Houghton - Tue, 26 Sep 2023 18:34 UTC

"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> writes:

>Ant <ant@zimage.comANT> wrote:

>>https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/118.0/releasenotes/

>Where are my exclamation points?

>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mostly deal with Korean, so it doesn't benefit me, but 118 did come out with
a neat feature of offline automatic translation of webpages in various european
languages. Bulgarian, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, and
Spanish. Look under Settings > Language and Appearance > Translations.
Download what you are interested in and automagically translate pages in those
languages.
--
what even is a signature?

Re: Firefox v118.0

<icc8hi18n6nvffcv3lserubip1f7vocsvb@4ax.com>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/computers/article-flat.php?id=1046&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1046

From: Ken@invalid.news.com (Ken Blake)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 06:50:14 -0700
 by: Ken Blake - Wed, 27 Sep 2023 13:50 UTC

On Tue, 26 Sep 2023 18:34:42 -0000 (UTC), Mortimer Houghton
<mortimer@VivoBook.X512D> wrote:

>"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> writes:
>
>>Ant <ant@zimage.comANT> wrote:
>
>>>https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/118.0/releasenotes/
>
>>Where are my exclamation points?
>
>>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
>I mostly deal with Korean, so it doesn't benefit me, but 118 did come out with
>a neat feature of offline automatic translation of webpages in various european
>languages. Bulgarian, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, and
>Spanish. Look under Settings > Language and Appearance > Translations.
>Download what you are interested in and automagically translate pages in those
>languages.

I installed all languages, then went to translation settings. All
choices are blank there and I can't choose any languages for automatic
translations or offered translations. Am I doing something wrong?

Re: Firefox v118.0

<uf1d1j$3470d$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/computers/article-flat.php?id=1047&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1047

From: mortimer@VivoBook.X512D (Mortimer Houghton)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 14:08:51 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mortimer Houghton - Wed, 27 Sep 2023 14:08 UTC

Ken Blake <Ken@invalid.news.com> writes:

>On Tue, 26 Sep 2023 18:34:42 -0000 (UTC), Mortimer Houghton
><mortimer@VivoBook.X512D> wrote:

>>>Where are my exclamation points?
>>
>>>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>I mostly deal with Korean, so it doesn't benefit me, but 118 did come =
>out with
>>a neat feature of offline automatic translation of webpages in various =
>european
>>languages. Bulgarian, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Polish, =
>Portuguese, and
>>Spanish. Look under Settings > Language and Appearance > Translations.
>>Download what you are interested in and automagically translate pages in=
> those
>>languages.

>I installed all languages, then went to translation settings. All
>choices are blank there and I can't choose any languages for automatic
>translations or offered translations. Am I doing something wrong?

I'm not certain what the translation settings does, but I know
that you don't need it. When you navigate to a website that is
in one of the languages you downloaded, there should be a
translation icon in the toolbar that you can click on to tell
firefox to translate the page. I just did this for Die
Bundesregierung: https://www.bundesregierung.de/breg-de

There are further settings you can access within the menu that
translation button open up, including whether you want firefox
to prompt for translating that language or to do it
automatically.

There are more instructions here:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/website-translation

--
I heard once of an American who so defined faith: 'that faculty
which enables us to believe things which we know to be untrue.'

Re: Firefox v118.0

<tsf8hi5d6n4q7jm004ecra3sslona507g3@4ax.com>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/computers/article-flat.php?id=1048&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1048

From: Ken@invalid.news.com (Ken Blake)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 07:45:49 -0700
 by: Ken Blake - Wed, 27 Sep 2023 14:45 UTC

On Wed, 27 Sep 2023 14:08:51 -0000 (UTC), Mortimer Houghton
<mortimer@VivoBook.X512D> wrote:

>Ken Blake <Ken@invalid.news.com> writes:
>
>>On Tue, 26 Sep 2023 18:34:42 -0000 (UTC), Mortimer Houghton
>><mortimer@VivoBook.X512D> wrote:

>>>I mostly deal with Korean, so it doesn't benefit me, but 118 did come >>out with
>>>a neat feature of offline automatic translation of webpages in various >>european
>>>languages. Bulgarian, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Polish, >>Portuguese, and
>>>Spanish. Look under Settings > Language and Appearance > Translations.
>>>Download what you are interested in and automagically translate pages in>> those
>>>languages.
>
>>I installed all languages, then went to translation settings. All
>>choices are blank there and I can't choose any languages for automatic
>>translations or offered translations. Am I doing something wrong?
>
>I'm not certain what the translation settings does, but I know
>that you don't need it. When you navigate to a website that is
>in one of the languages you downloaded, there should be a
>translation icon in the toolbar that you can click on to tell
>firefox to translate the page. I just did this for Die
>Bundesregierung: https://www.bundesregierung.de/breg-de

Thanks very much.

>There are further settings you can access within the menu that
>translation button open up, including whether you want firefox
>to prompt for translating that language or to do it
>automatically.
>
>There are more instructions here:
>https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/website-translation

Re: Firefox v118.0

<uf2o1f$3gh6v$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/computers/article-flat.php?id=1067&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1067

From: mortimer@VivoBook.X512D (Mortimer Houghton)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 02:22:39 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mortimer Houghton - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 02:22 UTC

Mortimer Houghton <mortimer@VivoBook.X512D> writes:

>Ken Blake <Ken@invalid.news.com> writes:

>>On Tue, 26 Sep 2023 18:34:42 -0000 (UTC), Mortimer Houghton
>><mortimer@VivoBook.X512D> wrote:

>>>I mostly deal with Korean, so it doesn't benefit me, but 118 did come =
>>out with
>>>a neat feature of offline automatic translation of webpages in various =
>>european
>>>languages. Bulgarian, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Polish, =
>>Portuguese, and
>>>Spanish. Look under Settings > Language and Appearance > Translations.
>>>Download what you are interested in and automagically translate pages in=
>> those
>>>languages.

>>I installed all languages, then went to translation settings. All
>>choices are blank there and I can't choose any languages for automatic
>>translations or offered translations. Am I doing something wrong?

>I'm not certain what the translation settings does, but I know
>that you don't need it. When you navigate to a website that is
>in one of the languages you downloaded, there should be a
>translation icon in the toolbar that you can click on to tell
>firefox to translate the page. I just did this for Die
>Bundesregierung: https://www.bundesregierung.de/breg-de

>There are further settings you can access within the menu that
>translation button open up, including whether you want firefox
>to prompt for translating that language or to do it
>automatically.

>There are more instructions here:
>https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/website-translation

>--
>I heard once of an American who so defined faith: 'that faculty
>which enables us to believe things which we know to be untrue.'

It dawned on me what the translation settings under language does.
Once you start setting preferences for various languages, you
can go to that menu in the setting and see them all and easily
remove those preferences. The reason it was empty was because
you hadn't created any preferences yet.

--
I heard once of an American who so defined faith: 'that faculty
which enables us to believe things which we know to be untrue.'

Re: Firefox v118.0

<fp3bhi1redhhk4g8qkm1779h83rkg4a18i@4ax.com>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/computers/article-flat.php?id=1076&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1076

From: Ken@invalid.news.com (Ken Blake)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 07:36:32 -0700
 by: Ken Blake - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 14:36 UTC

On Thu, 28 Sep 2023 02:22:39 -0000 (UTC), Mortimer Houghton
<mortimer@VivoBook.X512D> wrote:

>Mortimer Houghton <mortimer@VivoBook.X512D> writes:
>
>>Ken Blake <Ken@invalid.news.com> writes:

>>>I installed all languages, then went to translation settings. All
>>>choices are blank there and I can't choose any languages for automatic
>>>translations or offered translations. Am I doing something wrong?
>
>>I'm not certain what the translation settings does, but I know
>>that you don't need it. When you navigate to a website that is
>>in one of the languages you downloaded, there should be a
>>translation icon in the toolbar that you can click on to tell
>>firefox to translate the page. I just did this for Die
>>Bundesregierung: https://www.bundesregierung.de/breg-de
>
>>There are further settings you can access within the menu that
>>translation button open up, including whether you want firefox
>>to prompt for translating that language or to do it
>>automatically.
>
>>There are more instructions here:
>>https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/website-translation
>
>>--
>>I heard once of an American who so defined faith: 'that faculty
>>which enables us to believe things which we know to be untrue.'
>
>It dawned on me what the translation settings under language does.
>Once you start setting preferences for various languages, you
>can go to that menu in the setting and see them all and easily
>remove those preferences. The reason it was empty was because
>you hadn't created any preferences yet.

OK, I just created three preferences. It's still empty.

Firefox v118.0.2

<QeGcnbfnwoFcNbj4nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/computers/article-flat.php?id=1211&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1211

From: ant@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Subject: Firefox v118.0.2
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2023 19:40:49 +0000
 by: Ant - Tue, 10 Oct 2023 19:40 UTC

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/118.0.2/releasenotes/

Ant <ant@zimage.comant> wrote:
> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/118.0/releasenotes/

--
"Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe for our God is a consuming fire." --Hebrews 12:28-29. More shots, wars, out(r)ages, strikes, sickness, no supports, etc. Ughly. :(
| |o o| |

Re: Firefox v118.0.2

<ugcpud$3g92u$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/computers/article-flat.php?id=1264&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1264

From: ahk@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Subject: Re: Firefox v118.0.2
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2023 01:12:45 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 14 Oct 2023 01:12 UTC

Ant <ant@zimage.comANT> wrote:

>https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/118.0.2/releasenotes/

Offered to me today on Linux Mint.

Still not providing my exclamation points, are you.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Firefox v118.0.2

<uge2ic$3s16a$1@toylet.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/computers/article-flat.php?id=1266&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1266

From: toylet.toylet@gmail.com (Mr. Man-wai Chang)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2023 20:45:39 +0800
 by: Mr. Man-wai Chang - Sat, 14 Oct 2023 12:45 UTC

On 10/11/2023 3:40 AM, Ant wrote:
> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/118.0.2/releasenotes/
>
> Ant <ant@zimage.comant> wrote:
>> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/118.0/releasenotes/

Updated!

computers / alt.comp.software.firefox / Re: Firefox v118.0.2