Real programs don't eat cache.

computers / alt.comp.software.firefox / Weirdness in the bookmarks library

SubjectAuthor
* Weirdness in the bookmarks libraryAdam H. Kerman
+* Weirdness in the bookmarks libraryJörg_Lorenz
|+* Weirdness in the bookmarks libraryAdam H. Kerman
||`* Weirdness in the bookmarks libraryJörg_Lorenz
|| `* Weirdness in the bookmarks libraryAdam H. Kerman
||  `* Weirdness in the bookmarks libraryR.Wieser
||   +- Weirdness in the bookmarks libraryR.Wieser
||   `* Weirdness in the bookmarks libraryAdam H. Kerman
||    `* Weirdness in the bookmarks libraryR.Wieser
||     `- Weirdness in the bookmarks libraryAdam H. Kerman
|`* Weirdness in the bookmarks libraryNobody
| `* Weirdness in the bookmarks libraryJörg_Lorenz
|  +* Weirdness in the bookmarks libraryNobody
|  |`- Weirdness in the bookmarks libraryBig Al
|  +- Weirdness in the bookmarks libraryBrian Gregory
|  `* Weirdness in the bookmarks libraryBrian Gregory
|   +- Weirdness in the bookmarks libraryJörg_Lorenz
|   `* Weirdness in the bookmarks libraryJörg_Lorenz
|    +* Weirdness in the bookmarks libraryBrian Gregory
|    |`- Weirdness in the bookmarks libraryJörg_Lorenz
|    `* Weirdness in the bookmarks libraryAdam H. Kerman
|     `* Weirdness in the bookmarks libraryAndy Burns
|      `- Weirdness in the bookmarks libraryAdam H. Kerman
+* Weirdness in the bookmarks libraryAndy Burns
|+- Weirdness in the bookmarks libraryAdam H. Kerman
|`* Weirdness in the bookmarks libraryVanguardLH
| `* Weirdness in the bookmarks libraryAdam H. Kerman
|  `* Weirdness in the bookmarks libraryVanguardLH
|   `* Weirdness in the bookmarks libraryAdam H. Kerman
|    `* Weirdness in the bookmarks libraryVanguardLH
|     `* Weirdness in the bookmarks libraryAdam H. Kerman
|      `* Weirdness in the bookmarks libraryVanguardLH
|       `- Weirdness in the bookmarks libraryAdam H. Kerman
`* Weirdness in the bookmarks libraryBig Al
 `* Weirdness in the bookmarks libraryAdam H. Kerman
  `- Weirdness in the bookmarks libraryBig Al

Pages:12
Weirdness in the bookmarks library

<ug7q0c$29mah$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/computers/article-flat.php?id=1224&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1224

From: ahk@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Subject: Weirdness in the bookmarks library
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 03:43:08 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 03:43 UTC

For the last few months, I was getting bookmarks matches as pages were
this bookmark" star. As the page loaded, the star would turn back to
"Bookmark this page".

In the library of bookmarks, I happened to notice that I was getting
various "about:" locations saved with a URL as the name of the bookmark.
I have no idea how any of these were added to the bookmarks library but
I'll guess it happened while Firefox crashed or the operating system
crashed.

I searched for "about:", found a dozen of these, and deleted each one.
Now I'm no longer getting the brief bookmark matches as pages load.

Do any of you have such weird bookmarks stored in your library?

Re: Weirdness in the bookmarks library

<ug7t84$4t0i$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/computers/article-flat.php?id=1225&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1225

From: hugybear@gmx.net (Jörg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Subject: Re: Weirdness in the bookmarks library
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 06:38:28 +0200
 by: Jörg Lorenz - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 04:38 UTC

Am 12.10.23 um 05:43 schrieb Adam H. Kerman:
> For the last few months, I was getting bookmarks matches as pages were
> this bookmark" star. As the page loaded, the star would turn back to
> "Bookmark this page".
>
> In the library of bookmarks, I happened to notice that I was getting
> various "about:" locations saved with a URL as the name of the bookmark.
> I have no idea how any of these were added to the bookmarks library but
> I'll guess it happened while Firefox crashed or the operating system
> crashed.
>
> I searched for "about:", found a dozen of these, and deleted each one.
> Now I'm no longer getting the brief bookmark matches as pages load.
>
> Do any of you have such weird bookmarks stored in your library?

Which library?
FF has no such thing as a library folder.
macOS has more than one.

--
Ave! Morituri te salutant!

Re: Weirdness in the bookmarks library

<ug80fs$2b1tm$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/computers/article-flat.php?id=1226&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1226

From: ahk@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 05:33:48 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 05:33 UTC

Jorg Lorenz <hugybear@gmx.net> wrote:
>Am 12.10.23 um 05:43 schrieb Adam H. Kerman:

>>For the last few months, I was getting bookmarks matches as pages were
>>this bookmark" star. As the page loaded, the star would turn back to
>>"Bookmark this page".

>>In the library of bookmarks, I happened to notice that I was getting
>>various "about:" locations saved with a URL as the name of the bookmark.
>>I have no idea how any of these were added to the bookmarks library but
>>I'll guess it happened while Firefox crashed or the operating system
>>crashed.

>>I searched for "about:", found a dozen of these, and deleted each one.
>>Now I'm no longer getting the brief bookmark matches as pages load.

>>Do any of you have such weird bookmarks stored in your library?

>Which library?

That would be the library of bookmarks. Shift-Ctrl-O

>FF has no such thing as a library folder.

You said "folder". I didn't say "folder". You are not me. I know it can
be confusing.

The library can contain folders of bookmarks.

>macOS has more than one.

How nice for macOS and completely and utterly irrelevant.

Given that you are hugely ignorant of what a user experiences when using
Firefox, and that much of what you post is unpleasant and insulting,
please just kill file me and everyone else in this newsgroup you
consider to be your enemy.

Re: Weirdness in the bookmarks library

<kophvlFj52mU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/computers/article-flat.php?id=1227&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1227

From: usenet@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 07:28:06 +0100
 by: Andy Burns - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 06:28 UTC

Adam H. Kerman wrote:

> Do any of you have such weird bookmarks stored in your library?

The only match for "about" in my bookmarks is a mozilla about us page,
and zero matches for "about:"

Re: Weirdness in the bookmarks library

<ug855f$2c0rs$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/computers/article-flat.php?id=1228&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1228

From: ahk@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 06:53:35 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 06:53 UTC

Andy Burns <usenet@andyburns.uk> wrote:
>Adam H. Kerman wrote:

>>Do any of you have such weird bookmarks stored in your library?

>The only match for "about" in my bookmarks is a mozilla about us page,
>and zero matches for "about:"

Thank you

Re: Weirdness in the bookmarks library

<ug8n8v$58ob$3@solani.org>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/computers/article-flat.php?id=1229&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1229

From: hugybear@gmx.net (Jörg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 14:02:39 +0200
 by: Jörg Lorenz - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 12:02 UTC

Am 12.10.23 um 07:33 schrieb Adam H. Kerman:
> That would be the library of bookmarks. Shift-Ctrl-O
>
>> FF has no such thing as a library folder.
>
> You said "folder". I didn't say "folder". You are not me. I know it can
> be confusing.

No it is not confusing: You are bullshitting.

> The library can contain folders of bookmarks.
>
>> macOS has more than one.
>
> How nice for macOS and completely and utterly irrelevant.

When you write such crap learn to be more accurate. FF runs on more than
one OS.

> Given that you are hugely ignorant of what a user experiences when using
> Firefox, and that much of what you post is unpleasant and insulting,
> please just kill file me and everyone else in this newsgroup you
> consider to be your enemy.

You are just wasting other people's time with irrelevant crap.

No answer needed. I won't see it.

--
De gustibus non est disputandum

Re: Weirdness in the bookmarks library

<ug8s93$2glbd$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/computers/article-flat.php?id=1230&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1230

From: Bears@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 09:28:03 -0400
 by: Big Al - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 13:28 UTC

On 10/11/23 11:43 PM, this is what Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> For the last few months, I was getting bookmarks matches as pages were
> this bookmark" star. As the page loaded, the star would turn back to
> "Bookmark this page".
>
> In the library of bookmarks, I happened to notice that I was getting
> various "about:" locations saved with a URL as the name of the bookmark.
> I have no idea how any of these were added to the bookmarks library but
> I'll guess it happened while Firefox crashed or the operating system
> crashed.
>
> I searched for "about:", found a dozen of these, and deleted each one.
> Now I'm no longer getting the brief bookmark matches as pages load.
>
> Do any of you have such weird bookmarks stored in your library?
The add-on Bookmark Dupes will scan your bookmarks for duplicates.

Speaking of add-ons for those curious readers.
The add-on Bookmark Organizer will scan your bookmarks for pages that no longer work. Caveat is that it's not always
right. I get all of my google pages flagged, drive.google.com images.google.com photos.google.com etc.
And a few pages that require sign-in don't seem to respond the way the program wants so they get flagged.

In the period where most web sites were moving from http to https I found this great. I would list them and let me one
click change the link.
--
Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon
Al

Re: Weirdness in the bookmarks library

<he3giilgd07usq4dphlka4dec7u85amhmm@4ax.com>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/computers/article-flat.php?id=1231&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1231

From: jock@soccer.com (Nobody)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 08:23:51 -0700
 by: Nobody - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 15:23 UTC

On Thu, 12 Oct 2023 06:38:28 +0200, Jörg Lorenz <hugybear@gmx.net>
wrote:

>Am 12.10.23 um 05:43 schrieb Adam H. Kerman:
>> For the last few months, I was getting bookmarks matches as pages were
>> this bookmark" star. As the page loaded, the star would turn back to
>> "Bookmark this page".
>>
>> In the library of bookmarks, I happened to notice that I was getting
>> various "about:" locations saved with a URL as the name of the bookmark.
>> I have no idea how any of these were added to the bookmarks library but
>> I'll guess it happened while Firefox crashed or the operating system
>> crashed.
>>
>> I searched for "about:", found a dozen of these, and deleted each one.
>> Now I'm no longer getting the brief bookmark matches as pages load.
>>
>> Do any of you have such weird bookmarks stored in your library?
>
>Which library?
>FF has no such thing as a library folder.

You are incorrect.

First off, the OP never mentioned *folder*, just library..

Secondly, in the Menu Bar going Bookmarks > Manage Bookmarks launches
a window showing the user's bookmark tree.

And tah-dah, Mozilla Firefox itself entitles that window *Library*
along with the Ffox icon.

Re: Weirdness in the bookmarks library

<ug93ru$5her$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/computers/article-flat.php?id=1232&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1232

From: hugybear@gmx.net (Jörg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 17:37:34 +0200
 by: Jörg Lorenz - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 15:37 UTC

Am 12.10.23 um 17:23 schrieb Nobody:
> On Thu, 12 Oct 2023 06:38:28 +0200, Jörg Lorenz <hugybear@gmx.net>
>> Which library?
>> FF has no such thing as a library folder.
>
> You are incorrect.
>
> First off, the OP never mentioned *folder*, just library..

There is none. Neither file nor folder.

> Secondly, in the Menu Bar going Bookmarks > Manage Bookmarks launches
> a window showing the user's bookmark tree.

Old news.

> And tah-dah, Mozilla Firefox itself entitles that window *Library*
> along with the Ffox icon.

Wrong. Nothing of that sort in my 118.02. You seem to have a serious
problem.

--
Ave! Morituri te salutant!

Re: Weirdness in the bookmarks library

<o25gii15ieqjb3b6i2mifp2urecg04lf4m@4ax.com>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/computers/article-flat.php?id=1233&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1233

From: jock@soccer.com (Nobody)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 08:50:33 -0700
 by: Nobody - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 15:50 UTC

On Thu, 12 Oct 2023 17:37:34 +0200, Jörg Lorenz <hugybear@gmx.net>
wrote:

>Am 12.10.23 um 17:23 schrieb Nobody:
>> On Thu, 12 Oct 2023 06:38:28 +0200, Jörg Lorenz <hugybear@gmx.net>
>>> Which library?
>>> FF has no such thing as a library folder.
>>
>> You are incorrect.
>>
>> First off, the OP never mentioned *folder*, just library..
>
>There is none. Neither file nor folder.
>
>> Secondly, in the Menu Bar going Bookmarks > Manage Bookmarks launches
>> a window showing the user's bookmark tree.
>
>Old news.

Just making sure I'm outlining for Herr McStubborn *how* I'm getting
there...

>> Mozilla Firefox itself entitles that window *Library*
>> along with the Ffox icon.
>
>Wrong. Nothing of that sort in my 118.02. You seem to have a serious
>problem.

Oh dear... No, your Teutonic know-it-all-ism is The Problem.

Top left corner -- from minutes ago from Ffox 118.0.2, and as has been
for years:

<https://postimg.cc/F7sWDz52>

Re: Weirdness in the bookmarks library

<ug9657$2j6c7$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/computers/article-flat.php?id=1234&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1234

From: ahk@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 16:16:39 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 16:16 UTC

Jorg Lorenz <hugybear@gmx.net> wrote:
>Am 12.10.23 um 07:33 schrieb Adam H. Kerman:

Ah. Note the cowardly snip. Note the failure to provide needed
attribution lines.

>>That would be the library of bookmarks. Shift-Ctrl-O

>>>FF has no such thing as a library folder.

>>You said "folder". I didn't say "folder". You are not me. I know it can
>>be confusing.

>No it is not confusing: You are bullshitting.

You are still confused. You are the one who said "folder", not me. You
then cut the quote proving that you were the one who said "folder"
because you are behaving too immaturely to own up to having made the
error you accused me of making yourself.

>>The library can contain folders of bookmarks.

>>>macOS has more than one.

>>How nice for macOS and completely and utterly irrelevant.

>When you write such crap learn to be more accurate. FF runs on more than
>one OS.

I used the term "library" which Firefox itself uses, and it's not
operating system specific.

>>Given that you are hugely ignorant of what a user experiences when using
>>Firefox, and that much of what you post is unpleasant and insulting,
>>please just kill file me and everyone else in this newsgroup you
>>consider to be your enemy.

>You are just wasting other people's time with irrelevant crap.

I wasn't wasting anybody's time. You got the attention you crave.

>No answer needed. I won't see it.

Congratulations on confirming maybe you know how to use a kill file in
your drama queen followup. You need to kill file all the other regulars
in all the groups you read on Usenet. Everybody upsets you.

Re: Weirdness in the bookmarks library

<ug96a0$2j6c7$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/computers/article-flat.php?id=1235&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1235

From: ahk@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 16:19:12 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 16:19 UTC

Big Al <Bears@invalid.com> wrote:
>On 10/11/23 11:43 PM, this is what Adam H. Kerman wrote:

>>For the last few months, I was getting bookmarks matches as pages were
>>this bookmark" star. As the page loaded, the star would turn back to
>>"Bookmark this page".

>>In the library of bookmarks, I happened to notice that I was getting
>>various "about:" locations saved with a URL as the name of the bookmark.
>>I have no idea how any of these were added to the bookmarks library but
>>I'll guess it happened while Firefox crashed or the operating system
>>crashed.

>>I searched for "about:", found a dozen of these, and deleted each one.
>>Now I'm no longer getting the brief bookmark matches as pages load.

>>Do any of you have such weird bookmarks stored in your library?

>The add-on Bookmark Dupes will scan your bookmarks for duplicates.

These weren't duplicates. The issue is that "about:" was used in the
Location field and the URL appeared in the Name field.

>. . .

Re: Weirdness in the bookmarks library

<ug9aot$2kdce$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/computers/article-flat.php?id=1236&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1236

From: address@is.invalid (R.Wieser)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 19:35:01 +0200
 by: R.Wieser - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 17:35 UTC

Adam,

(about Jorg)

> Everybody upsets you.

Its more that Jorg there upsets others by putting words into their mouths
and than, when he's told off for doing it, tries to play murdered
innocense - either by, in my case, crying crocodile tears or, in your case,
lashing out.

IM(NS)HO Jorg is a troll.

You've asked him to put you in his killfile, but I would suggest you put him
into yours, and suppress a resulting response subtree. Not having to deal
with him and the ones who will quite hus crap in their posts will make
visiting the newsgroup much more bearable.

.... Take a wild guess how I know. :-)

Regards,
Rudy Wieser

P.s.
The only "about:" entries in my bookmarks are the few I put there myself.
Though I might not be the best reference, as my browser is quite old.

Also, have you already thought of JS possibly being the cause of it ?

Re: Weirdness in the bookmarks library

<ug9b02$2kevh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/computers/article-flat.php?id=1237&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1237

From: address@is.invalid (R.Wieser)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 19:38:55 +0200
 by: R.Wieser - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 17:38 UTC

"will quite hus crap" -> "will quote his crap"

Both letters off by one - to the left on the keyboard. :-|

Regards,
Rudy Wieser

Re: Weirdness in the bookmarks library

<ug9ba2$2kflj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/computers/article-flat.php?id=1238&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1238

From: ahk@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 17:44:34 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 17:44 UTC

R.Wieser <address@is.invalid> wrote:

>. . .

>P.s.
>The only "about:" entries in my bookmarks are the few I put there myself.
>Though I might not be the best reference, as my browser is quite old.

>Also, have you already thought of JS possibly being the cause of it ?

It's possible, I suppose, and not the browser crashing. I don't know how
to prove it.

Re: Weirdness in the bookmarks library

<ug9ejr$2l9s7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/computers/article-flat.php?id=1239&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1239

From: address@is.invalid (R.Wieser)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 20:40:40 +0200
 by: R.Wieser - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 18:40 UTC

Adam,

>>Also, have you already thought of JS possibly being the cause of it ?
>
> It's possible, I suppose, and not the browser crashing. I don't know
> how to prove it.

I could suggest you to disable JS for a while, but that could, depending on
the sort of sites you like to visit, quite hamper your internet experience

Regards,
Rudy Wieser

Re: Weirdness in the bookmarks library

<ug9ihn$2lut3$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/computers/article-flat.php?id=1240&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1240

From: ahk@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 19:48:07 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 19:48 UTC

R.Wieser <address@is.invalid> wrote:

>Adam,

>>>Also, have you already thought of JS possibly being the cause of it ?

>>It's possible, I suppose, and not the browser crashing. I don't know
>>how to prove it.

>I could suggest you to disable JS for a while, but that could, depending on
>the sort of sites you like to visit, quite hamper your internet experience

I control javascript with NoScript, and try to pick and choose as little
to run as allows me to view the page but not ads.

When I close a Web page, I don't always remember to dump javascript. I
really should do that. It might keep Firefox from crashing when I have
an absurd number of tabs open.

At least I found the cause of one weird symptom.

Re: Weirdness in the bookmarks library

<ug9n89$2mhu6$7@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/computers/article-flat.php?id=1241&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1241

From: Bears@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 17:08:25 -0400
 by: Big Al - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 21:08 UTC

On 10/12/23 12:19 PM, this is what Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> Big Al <Bears@invalid.com> wrote:
>> On 10/11/23 11:43 PM, this is what Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>
>>> For the last few months, I was getting bookmarks matches as pages were
>>> this bookmark" star. As the page loaded, the star would turn back to
>>> "Bookmark this page".
>
>>> In the library of bookmarks, I happened to notice that I was getting
>>> various "about:" locations saved with a URL as the name of the bookmark.
>>> I have no idea how any of these were added to the bookmarks library but
>>> I'll guess it happened while Firefox crashed or the operating system
>>> crashed.
>
>>> I searched for "about:", found a dozen of these, and deleted each one.
>>> Now I'm no longer getting the brief bookmark matches as pages load.
>
>>> Do any of you have such weird bookmarks stored in your library?
>
>> The add-on Bookmark Dupes will scan your bookmarks for duplicates.
>
> These weren't duplicates. The issue is that "about:" was used in the
> Location field and the URL appeared in the Name field.
>
>> . . .
True. about:config about:preferences would not be dupes. You probably did the simplest solution anyway.
--
Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon
Al

Re: Weirdness in the bookmarks library

<ug9ne8$2mhu6$8@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/computers/article-flat.php?id=1242&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1242

From: Bears@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 17:11:36 -0400
 by: Big Al - Thu, 12 Oct 2023 21:11 UTC

On 10/12/23 11:50 AM, this is what Nobody wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Oct 2023 17:37:34 +0200, Jörg Lorenz <hugybear@gmx.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Am 12.10.23 um 17:23 schrieb Nobody:
>>> On Thu, 12 Oct 2023 06:38:28 +0200, Jörg Lorenz <hugybear@gmx.net>
>>>
>>> You are incorrect.
>>>
>>> First off, the OP never mentioned *folder*, just library..
>>
>> There is none. Neither file nor folder.
>>
>>> Secondly, in the Menu Bar going Bookmarks > Manage Bookmarks launches
>>> a window showing the user's bookmark tree.
>>
>> Old news.
>
> Just making sure I'm outlining for Herr McStubborn *how* I'm getting
> there...
>>
>>> Mozilla Firefox itself entitles that window *Library*
>>> along with the Ffox icon.
>>
>> Wrong. Nothing of that sort in my 118.02. You seem to have a serious
>> problem.
>
> Oh dear... No, your Teutonic know-it-all-ism is The Problem.
>
> Top left corner -- from minutes ago from Ffox 118.0.2, and as has been
> for years:
>
> <https://postimg.cc/F7sWDz52>

And I even put the library icon on my toolbar from the customize menu. I go to it a lot to rearrange bookmarks, view
history etc.
--
Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon
Al

Re: Weirdness in the bookmarks library

<1er9p6iwnsbsy$.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/computers/article-flat.php?id=1245&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1245

From: V@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 19:52:23 -0500
Sender: V@nguard.LH
 by: VanguardLH - Fri, 13 Oct 2023 00:52 UTC

Andy Burns <usenet@andyburns.uk> wrote:

> Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>
>> Do any of you have such weird bookmarks stored in your library?
>
> The only match for "about" in my bookmarks is a mozilla about us page,
> and zero matches for "about:"

I don't even have that, because I have no such bookmark for Mozilla. A
search on "about:" gets no hits, for me. I get 3 search hits on "about"
(no trailing colon) for "VisualBasic.About.Com", "Adobe Flash Player
(about page)", and "Microsoft OneDrive" (because its URL has "about" in
it, as in https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-us/signin/).

Since the web site can provide its own <Title> tag, perhaps that's why
Adam is getting several with "about" somewhere in the title for the
page's URL that he bookmarks.

https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_title.asp

I suppose the title could include the colon, as in "about:", like "Find
out about: the meaning of life, you really won't like the answer, 42".

Re: Weirdness in the bookmarks library

<uga6iv$2q61h$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/computers/article-flat.php?id=1246&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1246

From: ahk@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 01:30:07 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 13 Oct 2023 01:30 UTC

VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH> wrote:
>Andy Burns <usenet@andyburns.uk> wrote:
>>Adam H. Kerman wrote:

>>>Do any of you have such weird bookmarks stored in your library?

>>The only match for "about" in my bookmarks is a mozilla about us page,
>>and zero matches for "about:"

>I don't even have that, because I have no such bookmark for Mozilla. A
>search on "about:" gets no hits, for me. I get 3 search hits on "about"
>(no trailing colon) for "VisualBasic.About.Com", "Adobe Flash Player
>(about page)", and "Microsoft OneDrive" (because its URL has "about" in
>it, as in https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-us/signin/).

>Since the web site can provide its own <Title> tag, perhaps that's why
>Adam is getting several with "about" somewhere in the title for the
>page's URL that he bookmarks.

>https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_title.asp

>I suppose the title could include the colon, as in "about:", like "Find
>out about: the meaning of life, you really won't like the answer, 42".

I was getting about:newtabs or other about: pages stored as the
location. That's why I used "about:" as the search term. The Name field
had a URL in it, or was blank.

Re: Weirdness in the bookmarks library

<kornvcF168nU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/computers/article-flat.php?id=1248&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1248

From: void-invalid-dead-dontuse@email.invalid (Brian Gregory)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 03:22:36 +0100
 by: Brian Gregory - Fri, 13 Oct 2023 02:22 UTC

On 12/10/2023 16:37, Jörg Lorenz wrote:
> Am 12.10.23 um 17:23 schrieb Nobody:
>> And tah-dah, Mozilla Firefox itself entitles that window *Library*
>> along with the Ffox icon.
>
> Wrong. Nothing of that sort in my 118.02. You seem to have a serious
> problem.

Ah.

So you can write but you can't read.

How unusual.

--
Brian Gregory (in England).

Re: Weirdness in the bookmarks library

<koroq3F168nU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/computers/article-flat.php?id=1249&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1249

From: void-invalid-dead-dontuse@email.invalid (Brian Gregory)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 03:36:51 +0100
 by: Brian Gregory - Fri, 13 Oct 2023 02:36 UTC

On 12/10/2023 16:37, Jörg Lorenz wrote:
> Am 12.10.23 um 17:23 schrieb Nobody:
>> And tah-dah, Mozilla Firefox itself entitles that window *Library*
>> along with the Ffox icon.
>
> Wrong. Nothing of that sort in my 118.02. You seem to have a serious
> problem.

Here is what I get in Firefox if I type Ctrl-Shift-O

<https://www.Brian-Gregory.me.uk/GDL/Screenshot%202023-10-13%20032421-fs8.png>

And I'm afraid it does definitely say Library.

--
Brian Gregory (in England).

Re: Weirdness in the bookmarks library

<ugaget$64fv$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/computers/article-flat.php?id=1250&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1250

From: hugybear@gmx.net (Jörg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 06:18:37 +0200
 by: Jörg Lorenz - Fri, 13 Oct 2023 04:18 UTC

Am 13.10.23 um 04:36 schrieb Brian Gregory:
> On 12/10/2023 16:37, Jörg Lorenz wrote:
>> Am 12.10.23 um 17:23 schrieb Nobody:
>>> And tah-dah, Mozilla Firefox itself entitles that window *Library*
>>> along with the Ffox icon.
>>
>> Wrong. Nothing of that sort in my 118.02. You seem to have a serious
>> problem.
>>

> Here is what I get in Firefox if I type Ctrl-Shift-O
>
> <https://www.Brian-Gregory.me.uk/GDL/Screenshot%202023-10-13%20032421-fs8.png>
>
> And I'm afraid it does definitely say Library.

LOL!

--
Ave! Morituri te salutant!

Re: Weirdness in the bookmarks library

<ugagl7$64fu$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/computers/article-flat.php?id=1251&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1251

From: hugybear@gmx.net (Jörg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 06:21:59 +0200
 by: Jörg Lorenz - Fri, 13 Oct 2023 04:21 UTC

Am 13.10.23 um 04:36 schrieb Brian Gregory:
> On 12/10/2023 16:37, Jörg Lorenz wrote:
>> Am 12.10.23 um 17:23 schrieb Nobody:
>>> And tah-dah, Mozilla Firefox itself entitles that window *Library*
>>> along with the Ffox icon.
>>
>> Wrong. Nothing of that sort in my 118.02. You seem to have a serious
>> problem.
>>

> Here is what I get in Firefox if I type Ctrl-Shift-O
>
> <https://www.Brian-Gregory.me.uk/GDL/Screenshot%202023-10-13%20032421-fs8.png>
>
> And I'm afraid it does definitely say Library.

No. It doesn't:

https://up.picr.de/46471466cd.png

--
Ave! Morituri te salutant!