From: noreply492000-medic@yahoo.co.uk (Jack Harry Teesdale)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Incredible London to Sicily rail journey.
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 11:09:29 +0100
 by: Jack Harry Teesdale - Mon, 22 Apr 2024 10:09 UTC

An incredible rail journey from London to Sicily incorporates amazing
views, beautiful cities and a unique sleeper train that crosses the sea
on a boat. The journey was taken by a TikTokker who aims to highlight
how you can travel without flying,

She says that usually you would take a train from Paris directly to
Milan which goes through the Alps, however, this line is closed until
later this year.

Going to Zurich still has some stunning views of the Alps and then she
gets a train to Sicily. This is where the journey gets really cool as
you scoot down the coast of Italy seeing amazing hilltop towns and
lovely scenery before the train boards a boat to get from mainland Italy
to Sicily.

There is an option to get a sleeper train from Milan to Palermo, Sicily,
which takes almost 21 hours.

Who'd have thunk it.

Re: Incredible London to Sicily rail journey.

<e3ee3b5a3e371be14df5409ea8c93fae@www.novabbs.org>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=80412&group=uk.railway#80412

Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 10:30:53 +0000
Subject: Re: Incredible London to Sicily rail journey.
From: Ulf.Kutzner@web.de (ulf_kutzner)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
 by: ulf_kutzner - Mon, 22 Apr 2024 10:30 UTC

Jack Harry Teesdale wrote:

> An incredible rail journey from London to Sicily incorporates amazing
> views, beautiful cities and a unique sleeper train that crosses the sea
> on a boat.

Done that sea section in seated accommodation but
IIRC, they started a bridge construction.

Regards, ULF

aus+uk / uk.railway / Re: Incredible London to Sicily rail journey.