The only thing better than love is milk.

aus+uk / uk.railway / Re: Anyone have a service address for writs against ASLEF?

SubjectAuthor
* Anyone have a service address for writs against ASLEF?Roland Perry
+* Re: Anyone have a service address for writs against ASLEF?Bevan Price
> [...]
||   `- Re: Anyone have a service address for writs against ASLEF?Roland Perry
|`- Re: Anyone have a service address for writs against ASLEF?Scott
+- Re: Anyone have a service address for writs against ASLEF?Certes
+* Re: Anyone have a service address for writs against ASLEF?Bevan Price
|`* Re: Anyone have a service address for writs against ASLEF?Roland Perry
| `* Re: Anyone have a service address for writs against ASLEF?Tweed
|  `* Re: Anyone have a service address for writs against ASLEF?Roland Perry
|   `* Re: Anyone have a service address for writs against ASLEF?Tweed
|    `* Re: Anyone have a service address for writs against ASLEF?Roland Perry
|     +* Re: Anyone have a service address for writs against ASLEF?Certes
|     |`- Re: Anyone have a service address for writs against ASLEF?Roland Perry
|     `- Re: Anyone have a service address for writs against ASLEF?Tweed
`* Re: Anyone have a service address for writs against ASLEF?Nigel Emery
 `- Re: Anyone have a service address for writs against ASLEF?Roland Perry

Pages:1234
Re: Anyone have a service address for writs against ASLEF?

<uq3nrm$26dp6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=75506&group=uk.railway#75506

From: bevanprice666@gmail.com (Bevan Price)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Re: Anyone have a service address for writs against ASLEF?
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2024 23:24:38 +0000
 by: Bevan Price - Thu, 8 Feb 2024 23:24 UTC

On 30/01/2024 20:36, Roland Perry wrote:
> Lazy overpaid cold-hearted b*stards. Cost me £16 to get a taxi home
> tonight having gone to town to arrange some essential things for my
> wife's funeral.
>
> It's not the money, but the principle of being held to random by these
> people. Do they live on a completely different planet?
----------------

To answer your original question-
ASLEF

77 St John Street
Clerkenwell London
EC1M 4NN

Please address all correspondence and communications to the General
Secretary.

But don't waste time or money taking action. They and their lawyers will
have ensured that they are behaving within the law.

Re: Anyone have a service address for writs against ASLEF?

<uq5dvd$2lpc3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=75526&group=uk.railway#75526

From: rail@greystane.shetland.co.uk (ColinR)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2024 14:48:13 +0000
<updd5d$1gg1q$1@dont-email.me> <updqrd$1jb3p$1@dont-email.me>
<FiCdnaxa7J8XeCb4nZ2dnZfqnPGdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>
<upgruh$26oqq$1@dont-email.me>
<B9qcneGpnsz-uSH4nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>
<upifs6$2ie34$1@dont-email.me> <GXhhtNVTAhvlFA2a@perry.uk>
<upl833$33r5v$1@dont-email.me> <uplek6$34pro$2@dont-email.me>
<uplktl$35q2m$2@dont-email.me> <BwXQE4k3aKwlFA9U@perry.uk>
<upqjsd$9eu8$1@dont-email.me> <1nXtBkM1p3wlFAKY@perry.uk>
<uq01n0$1ek19$2@dont-email.me>
 by: ColinR - Fri, 9 Feb 2024 14:48 UTC

On 07/02/2024 13:48, JMB99 wrote:

> By the way, we often read about boarding schools.  I went to a talk a
> few days about our local schools.  Many pupils from the islands and some
> mainland areas had to stay in hostels, travel was so difficult that some
> might only get home for a few days at Christmas and Easter (if they were
> lucky) as well as the long school Summer holiday.  They started at 12
> and some younger, a parent would often travel with them first time and
> stay a few days.

Certainly the case in Shetland that pupils at the High School use a
hostel from Sunday evening to Friday when they use bus/ferry or
bus/plane to get home for the weekend. When I was Marine Superintendent
for the ferries I often had a chat with the hostel warden on a Friday
morning discussing the weather and if he should yank pupils from class
early to enable them to get home for the weekend - if not it was often
hostel all weekend.

--
Colin

Re: Anyone have a service address for writs against ASLEF?

<uq5erg$2m5mm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=75529&group=uk.railway#75529

From: usenet.tweed@gmail.com (Tweed)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2024 15:03:12 -0000 (UTC)
<uplek6$34pro$2@dont-email.me>
<uplktl$35q2m$2@dont-email.me>
<BwXQE4k3aKwlFA9U@perry.uk>
<upqjsd$9eu8$1@dont-email.me>
<1nXtBkM1p3wlFAKY@perry.uk>
<uq01n0$1ek19$2@dont-email.me>
<uq5dvd$2lpc3$1@dont-email.me>
sha1:eXMcFmcQgRu+4q1TAsnKpCbBTNI=
 by: Tweed - Fri, 9 Feb 2024 15:03 UTC

ColinR <rail@greystane.shetland.co.uk> wrote:
> On 07/02/2024 13:48, JMB99 wrote:
>
>> By the way, we often read about boarding schools.  I went to a talk a
>> few days about our local schools.  Many pupils from the islands and some
>> mainland areas had to stay in hostels, travel was so difficult that some
>> might only get home for a few days at Christmas and Easter (if they were
>> lucky) as well as the long school Summer holiday.  They started at 12
>> and some younger, a parent would often travel with them first time and
>> stay a few days.
>>

> Certainly the case in Shetland that pupils at the High School use a
> hostel from Sunday evening to Friday when they use bus/ferry or
> bus/plane to get home for the weekend. When I was Marine Superintendent
> for the ferries I often had a chat with the hostel warden on a Friday
> morning discussing the weather and if he should yank pupils from class
> early to enable them to get home for the weekend - if not it was often
> hostel all weekend.

There is a similar hostel at Oban for pupils that come from some of the
islands. There an interesting BBC Scotland series on iPlayer called Island
Crossings about the CalMac operations. I hadn’t really appreciated the
scale and spread of their services, and the dire state they seem to be in
at the moment. I’ve never found an adequate explanation as to why the two
ships currently under construction near Glasgow have suffered such a
catalogue of misfortune. That was neatly sidestepped by the TV series.

Re: Anyone have a service address for writs against ASLEF?

<uq5gc2$2mbrt$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=75530&group=uk.railway#75530

From: rail@greystane.shetland.co.uk (ColinR)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2024 15:29:05 +0000
<updd5d$1gg1q$1@dont-email.me> <updqrd$1jb3p$1@dont-email.me>
<FiCdnaxa7J8XeCb4nZ2dnZfqnPGdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>
<upgruh$26oqq$1@dont-email.me>
<B9qcneGpnsz-uSH4nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>
<upifs6$2ie34$1@dont-email.me> <GXhhtNVTAhvlFA2a@perry.uk>
<upl833$33r5v$1@dont-email.me> <uplek6$34pro$2@dont-email.me>
<uplktl$35q2m$2@dont-email.me> <BwXQE4k3aKwlFA9U@perry.uk>
<upqjsd$9eu8$1@dont-email.me> <1nXtBkM1p3wlFAKY@perry.uk>
<uq01n0$1ek19$2@dont-email.me> <uq5dvd$2lpc3$1@dont-email.me>
<uq5erg$2m5mm$1@dont-email.me>
 by: ColinR - Fri, 9 Feb 2024 15:29 UTC

On 09/02/2024 15:03, Tweed wrote:
> ColinR <rail@greystane.shetland.co.uk> wrote:
>> On 07/02/2024 13:48, JMB99 wrote:
>>
>>> By the way, we often read about boarding schools.  I went to a talk a
>>> few days about our local schools.  Many pupils from the islands and some
>>> mainland areas had to stay in hostels, travel was so difficult that some
>>> might only get home for a few days at Christmas and Easter (if they were
>>> lucky) as well as the long school Summer holiday.  They started at 12
>>> and some younger, a parent would often travel with them first time and
>>> stay a few days.
>>>

>> Certainly the case in Shetland that pupils at the High School use a
>> hostel from Sunday evening to Friday when they use bus/ferry or
>> bus/plane to get home for the weekend. When I was Marine Superintendent
>> for the ferries I often had a chat with the hostel warden on a Friday
>> morning discussing the weather and if he should yank pupils from class
>> early to enable them to get home for the weekend - if not it was often
>> hostel all weekend.
>>

> There is a similar hostel at Oban for pupils that come from some of the
> islands. There an interesting BBC Scotland series on iPlayer called Island
> Crossings about the CalMac operations. I hadn’t really appreciated the
> scale and spread of their services, and the dire state they seem to be in
> at the moment. I’ve never found an adequate explanation as to why the two
> ships currently under construction near Glasgow have suffered such a
> catalogue of misfortune. That was neatly sidestepped by the TV series.

If my understanding is correct, the contract was given to Fergusons for
"a ferry, details to follow" - in other words Fergusons were given a
contract without CMAL specifying the detail design. Totally the wrong
way around and the delays / cost over-runs started there.

It has more recently been compounded by the regulations over escape
routes being changed - if the ferries had been completed these new
regulations would not apply, but as they were still being built the
grandfather rights could not be applied so costly modifications had to
be implemented.

Finally, there have been problems with equipment supplied now being out
of guarantee, no longer being supported etc - all due to the delays.

Essentially a catalogue of disasters all being overseen by CMAL /
Scottish government.

--
Colin

Re: Anyone have a service address for writs against ASLEF?

<uq5sh6$2oi9h$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=75535&group=uk.railway#75535

From: mb@nospam.net (JMB99)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2024 18:56:38 +0000
<updd5d$1gg1q$1@dont-email.me> <updqrd$1jb3p$1@dont-email.me>
<FiCdnaxa7J8XeCb4nZ2dnZfqnPGdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>
<upgruh$26oqq$1@dont-email.me>
<B9qcneGpnsz-uSH4nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>
<upifs6$2ie34$1@dont-email.me> <GXhhtNVTAhvlFA2a@perry.uk>
<upl833$33r5v$1@dont-email.me> <uplek6$34pro$2@dont-email.me>
<uplktl$35q2m$2@dont-email.me> <BwXQE4k3aKwlFA9U@perry.uk>
<upqjsd$9eu8$1@dont-email.me> <1nXtBkM1p3wlFAKY@perry.uk>
<uq01n0$1ek19$2@dont-email.me> <uq5dvd$2lpc3$1@dont-email.me>
<uq5erg$2m5mm$1@dont-email.me>
 by: JMB99 - Fri, 9 Feb 2024 18:56 UTC

On 09/02/2024 15:03, Tweed wrote:
> There is a similar hostel at Oban for pupils that come from some of the
> islands.

Some of the islands were Inverness-shire and some Argyll.

Re: Anyone have a service address for writs against ASLEF?

<D7PGZTtq97vPI2PQ+R8+qA9ELfKn@4ax.com>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=75539&group=uk.railway#75539

From: nigele3@ukonline.co.uk (Nigel Emery)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2024 23:23:48 +0000
 by: Nigel Emery - Fri, 9 Feb 2024 23:23 UTC

On Tue, 30 Jan 2024 20:36:50 +0000, Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk>
wrote:

>Lazy overpaid cold-hearted b*stards. Cost me £16 to get a taxi home
>tonight having gone to town to arrange some essential things for my
>wife's funeral.

Apologies for this slow reply but not following uk.r much at the
moment.

My sincere condolences on the loss of your wife. It's a tough time for
you. It's just over 6 years since my wife died after 29 years
together. I can't promise you things will get better but over time
they will get different. Take care.

Re: Anyone have a service address for writs against ASLEF?

<Ly4y0LeD8GylFAtI@perry.uk>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=75579&group=uk.railway#75579

From: roland@perry.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 06:53:55 +0000
 by: Roland Perry - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 06:53 UTC

In message <uq3nrm$26dp6$1@dont-email.me>, at 23:24:38 on Thu, 8 Feb
2024, Bevan Price <bevanprice666@gmail.com> remarked:
>On 30/01/2024 20:36, Roland Perry wrote:
>> Lazy overpaid cold-hearted b*stards. Cost me £16 to get a taxi home
>>tonight having gone to town to arrange some essential things for my
>>wife's funeral.
>> It's not the money, but the principle of being held to random by
>>these people. Do they live on a completely different planet?
>----------------
>
>To answer your original question-
>ASLEF
>
>77 St John Street
>Clerkenwell London
>EC1M 4NN
>

>Please address all correspondence and communications to the General
>Secretary.

>But don't waste time or money taking action. They and their lawyers
>will have ensured that they are behaving within the law.

My claim would be for distress and consequential damages, not punitive
damages because they might have broken the law.

See also sub-postmasters wanting more than "their money back" as
compensation.
--
Roland Perry

Re: Anyone have a service address for writs against ASLEF?

<mztpkSfXHHylFAY3@perry.uk>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=75580&group=uk.railway#75580

From: roland@perry.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 07:05:59 +0000
 by: Roland Perry - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 07:05 UTC

In message <D7PGZTtq97vPI2PQ+R8+qA9ELfKn@4ax.com>, at 23:23:48 on Fri, 9
Feb 2024, Nigel Emery <nigele3@ukonline.co.uk> remarked:
>On Tue, 30 Jan 2024 20:36:50 +0000, Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk>
>wrote:
>
>>Lazy overpaid cold-hearted b*stards. Cost me £16 to get a taxi home
>>tonight having gone to town to arrange some essential things for my
>>wife's funeral.
>
>Apologies for this slow reply but not following uk.r much at the
>moment.
>
>My sincere condolences on the loss of your wife. It's a tough time for
>you. It's just over 6 years since my wife died after 29 years
>together. I can't promise you things will get better but over time
>they will get different. Take care.

Thanks for your remarks. In some sense things are getting better from a
logistical point of view. For example in November and December there was
some sort of need-to-travel almost every day; not just patient to
treatment, but members of my support network getting here from London.

In September and October we had to plan her bucket-list around the
availability of train drivers.

That's all calmed down now, but there's still the odd urgent errand to
run to avoid running out of time planning the funeral. I still don't
know if attendees will be hampered by a lack of trains.

Emotionally, it's been three year journey, and we knew she would end up
in a better place, just not quite sure exactly when.
--
Roland Perry

Re: Anyone have a service address for writs against ASLEF?

<gjPoA+feKHylFA44@perry.uk>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=75581&group=uk.railway#75581

From: roland@perry.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 07:09:18 +0000
<updd5d$1gg1q$1@dont-email.me> <updqrd$1jb3p$1@dont-email.me>
<FiCdnaxa7J8XeCb4nZ2dnZfqnPGdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>
<upgruh$26oqq$1@dont-email.me>
<B9qcneGpnsz-uSH4nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>
<uph8j9$29362$1@dont-email.me> <upifvl$2iemf$1@dont-email.me>
<l2Y51zU18gvlFAh4@perry.uk> <upl4o7$339tf$1@dont-email.me>
<upl5mr$33egk$1@dont-email.me> <Lr4iync0XvvlFA0n@perry.uk>
<upnh6r$3ir2e$1@dont-email.me> <upo16d$3lbma$1@dont-email.me>
<2sgdzxMuvMxlFAzq@perry.uk> <uq2kuk$1vsfq$1@dont-email.me>
 by: Roland Perry - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 07:09 UTC

In message <uq2kuk$1vsfq$1@dont-email.me>, at 13:28:52 on Thu, 8 Feb
2024, Tweed <usenet.tweed@gmail.com> remarked:

>>> And the Americans tell us about how much better their healthcare is
>>> compared to our "socialist" system ....
>>
>> A major advantage is lack of long waiting lists, plus the staff listen
>> to the patient. (See also Martha's Rule).
>
>For some.

Crutically, for most of the opinion-formers who make the claims about
the USA system being better.

It's also increasingly the case that people choose their employer based
on the quality of their health insurance plan, not because of the work
or routine pay.

--
Roland Perry

Re: Anyone have a service address for writs against ASLEF?

<W8pVnPhHQHylFA+8@perry.uk>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=75582&group=uk.railway#75582

From: roland@perry.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 07:15:19 +0000
 by: Roland Perry - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 07:15 UTC

In message <oviasilammtaqfuvf3i6b3urk2shhgnu06@4ax.com>, at 21:48:26 on
Thu, 8 Feb 2024, Mark Goodge <usenet@listmail.good-stuff.co.uk>
remarked:
>On Thu, 8 Feb 2024 12:41:18 +0000, Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
>
>>In message <upo16d$3lbma$1@dont-email.me>, at 12:50:21 on Sun, 4 Feb
>>2024, ColinR <rail@greystane.shetland.co.uk> remarked:

>>>And the Americans tell us about how much better their healthcare is
>>>compared to our "socialist" system ....
>>
>>A major advantage is lack of long waiting lists, plus the staff listen
>>to the patient. (See also Martha's Rule).
>
>There are no waiting lists here if you can afford to pay, too.

Only for those conditions where attention is available privately. And
unless you are literally Royalty, that doesn't include the majority of
cancer treatment and hospice.

I have two close friends who were both chucked out of Nuffield hospitals
after a lifetime of paying for insurance. One is still alive ten years
later, the other died in the middle of the night after a month on a
noisy general ward which didn't even have him on a monitor, because
everywhere else was full.

--
Roland Perry

Re: Anyone have a service address for writs against ASLEF?

<uq9uli$svf7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=75589&group=uk.railway#75589

From: usenet.tweed@gmail.com (Tweed)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 07:57:38 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:Px0v6MxCB+17p/pmgzxnmEFJPBc=
 by: Tweed - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 07:57 UTC

Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
> In message <uq3nrm$26dp6$1@dont-email.me>, at 23:24:38 on Thu, 8 Feb
> 2024, Bevan Price <bevanprice666@gmail.com> remarked:
>> On 30/01/2024 20:36, Roland Perry wrote:
>>> Lazy overpaid cold-hearted b*stards. Cost me £16 to get a taxi home
>>> tonight having gone to town to arrange some essential things for my
>>> wife's funeral.
>>> It's not the money, but the principle of being held to random by
>>> these people. Do they live on a completely different planet?
>> ----------------
>>
>> To answer your original question-
>> ASLEF
>>
>> 77 St John Street
>> Clerkenwell London
>> EC1M 4NN
>>

>> Please address all correspondence and communications to the General
>> Secretary.

>> But don't waste time or money taking action. They and their lawyers
>> will have ensured that they are behaving within the law.
>
> My claim would be for distress and consequential damages, not punitive
> damages because they might have broken the law.
>
> See also sub-postmasters wanting more than "their money back" as
> compensation.

I believe lawful strike action protects against such claims. Otherwise it
would be impossible to strike.

Re: Anyone have a service address for writs against ASLEF?

<ihkIwAoy3IylFAp$@perry.uk>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=75595&group=uk.railway#75595

From: roland@perry.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 09:05:54 +0000
 by: Roland Perry - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 09:05 UTC

In message <uq9uli$svf7$1@dont-email.me>, at 07:57:38 on Sun, 11 Feb
2024, Tweed <usenet.tweed@gmail.com> remarked:
>Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
>> In message <uq3nrm$26dp6$1@dont-email.me>, at 23:24:38 on Thu, 8 Feb
>> 2024, Bevan Price <bevanprice666@gmail.com> remarked:

>>> ----------------
>>>
>>> To answer your original question-
>>> ASLEF
>>>
>>> 77 St John Street
>>> Clerkenwell London
>>> EC1M 4NN
>>>

>>> Please address all correspondence and communications to the General
>>> Secretary.

>>>-------
>>>
>>> But don't waste time or money taking action. They and their lawyers
>>> will have ensured that they are behaving within the law.
>>
>> My claim would be for distress and consequential damages, not punitive
>> damages because they might have broken the law.
>>
>> See also sub-postmasters wanting more than "their money back" as
>> compensation.
>
>I believe lawful strike action protects against such claims. Otherwise it
>would be impossible to strike.

That's certainly something to investigate. However much of the
disruption is caused by "action short of a strike", or what used
to be known as "working to rule". Including overtime bans.
--
Roland Perry

Re: Anyone have a service address for writs against ASLEF?

<uqa44o$tqaq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=75596&group=uk.railway#75596

From: usenet.tweed@gmail.com (Tweed)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 09:31:04 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:svoDmH8mjjtOPTTQPF07VD5tOUA=
 by: Tweed - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 09:31 UTC

Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
> In message <uq9uli$svf7$1@dont-email.me>, at 07:57:38 on Sun, 11 Feb
> 2024, Tweed <usenet.tweed@gmail.com> remarked:
>> Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
>>> In message <uq3nrm$26dp6$1@dont-email.me>, at 23:24:38 on Thu, 8 Feb
>>> 2024, Bevan Price <bevanprice666@gmail.com> remarked:

>>> My claim would be for distress and consequential damages, not punitive
>>> damages because they might have broken the law.
>>>
>>> See also sub-postmasters wanting more than "their money back" as
>>> compensation.
>>
>> I believe lawful strike action protects against such claims. Otherwise it
>> would be impossible to strike.
>
> That's certainly something to investigate. However much of the
> disruption is caused by "action short of a strike", or what used
> to be known as "working to rule". Including overtime bans.

I think you will find that is also covered.

Re: Anyone have a service address for writs against ASLEF?

<DQ1Qsgq1+JylFAe4@perry.uk>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=75600&group=uk.railway#75600

From: roland@perry.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 10:21:41 +0000
 by: Roland Perry - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 10:21 UTC

In message <uqa44o$tqaq$1@dont-email.me>, at 09:31:04 on Sun, 11 Feb
2024, Tweed <usenet.tweed@gmail.com> remarked:

>>> I believe lawful strike action protects against such claims. Otherwise it
>>> would be impossible to strike.
>>
>> That's certainly something to investigate. However much of the
>> disruption is caused by "action short of a strike", or what used
>> to be known as "working to rule". Including overtime bans.
>
>I think you will find that is also covered.

By what? Caselaw, or specific law, or...
--
Roland Perry

Re: Anyone have a service address for writs against ASLEF?

<uqac73$v1bu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=75605&group=uk.railway#75605

From: Certes@example.org (Certes)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 11:48:51 +0000
 by: Certes - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 11:48 UTC

On 11/02/2024 10:21, Roland Perry wrote:
> In message <uqa44o$tqaq$1@dont-email.me>, at 09:31:04 on Sun, 11 Feb
> 2024, Tweed <usenet.tweed@gmail.com> remarked:

>>> That's certainly something to investigate. However much of the
>>> disruption is caused by "action short of a strike", or what used
>>> to be known as "working to rule". Including overtime bans.
>>
>> I think you will find that is also covered.
>
> By what? Caselaw, or specific law, or...

Suing someone for doing exactly the job they are contracted to do
rather than volunteering to do more seems unlikely to succeed.

Re: Anyone have a service address for writs against ASLEF?

<uqad0b$v69t$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=75608&group=uk.railway#75608

From: usenet.tweed@gmail.com (Tweed)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 12:02:19 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:h9qVBX9xMLz9n3427yEjPxmn0dM=
 by: Tweed - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 12:02 UTC

Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
> In message <uqa44o$tqaq$1@dont-email.me>, at 09:31:04 on Sun, 11 Feb
> 2024, Tweed <usenet.tweed@gmail.com> remarked:

>>> That's certainly something to investigate. However much of the
>>> disruption is caused by "action short of a strike", or what used
>>> to be known as "working to rule". Including overtime bans.
>>
>> I think you will find that is also covered.
>
> By what? Caselaw, or specific law, or...

The balloting for industrial action also includes action short of a strike
in many instances.

Re: Anyone have a service address for writs against ASLEF?

<qjiqQZxqpMylFAof@perry.uk>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=75610&group=uk.railway#75610

From: roland@perry.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 13:23:54 +0000
 by: Roland Perry - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 13:23 UTC

In message <uqac73$v1bu$1@dont-email.me>, at 11:48:51 on Sun, 11 Feb
2024, Certes <Certes@example.org> remarked:
>On 11/02/2024 10:21, Roland Perry wrote:
>> In message <uqa44o$tqaq$1@dont-email.me>, at 09:31:04 on Sun, 11 Feb
>>2024, Tweed <usenet.tweed@gmail.com> remarked:

>>> I think you will find that is also covered.

>> By what? Caselaw, or specific law, or...
>
>Suing someone for doing exactly the job they are contracted to do
>rather than volunteering to do more seems unlikely to succeed.

I'm against the proxy-war the rail unions are engaged in against the
government, with drivers almost as much the victims as the travelling
public.
--
Roland Perry