From: alan@darkroom.plus.com (Alan Lee)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Train out cancelled, can I claim refund for unused return?
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 10:31:28 +0000
 by: Alan Lee - Fri, 19 Jan 2024 10:31 UTC

Avanti and TPX carried on their useless service from Lockerbie
yesterday, the 08:14 (we were booked on) and 9:33 [1] were cancelled,
the 10:29 did run, but we could not get to Glasgow in time for our
appointment, so didnt bother travelling.
I can get a refund for the outward leg, but dont know if we can get the
return leg refunded.
Both tickets bought via the Scotrail app,Avanti both ways, the return
journey did run.
Anyone tried to get a refund for a return leg that would have been
useless after a 2h 15min delay on the outward leg?

Thanks.

[1] I have never known a train be cancelled so many times, it is, on
average, 3 times a week this one is cancelled, it's not running again
today, so has only run one day this week. We learnt pretty quickly to
not book it, and go for the earlier 08;14 from Avanti, who are,
generally better than TPX on this route.
--

aus+uk / uk.railway / Train out cancelled, can I claim refund for unused return?