Electrocution, n.: Burning at the stake with all the modern improvements.

aus+uk / uk.railway / Avanti tells train managers to ‘roll up’ for free taxpayer money

SubjectAuthor
* Avanti tells train managers to ‘roll up’ for free taxpayer moneyRecliner
`* Re: Avanti tells train managers to ?roll up? for free taxpayer moneyRupert Moss-Eccardt
 `- Re: Avanti tells train managers to ?roll up? for free taxpayer moneyRecliner

1
Avanti tells train managers to ‘roll up’ for free taxpayer money

<%QDpN.3208$oJCf.2678@fx11.ams1>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=74424&group=uk.railway#74424

Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Avanti tells train managers to ‘roll
up’ for free taxpayer money
From: recliner.usenet@gmail.com (Recliner)
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2024 22:56:59 GMT
 by: Recliner - Tue, 16 Jan 2024 22:56 UTC

The notoriously unreliable train operator has come under fire after it
emerged that senior staff were also told that performance-related payments
are “too good to be true”.

One slide, headlined “Roll up, roll-up get your free money here!” described
how the Treasury and Department for Transport prop up the operator using
taxpayers’ money. It added that the government supports the company in the
delivery of new assets, customer service and provides third-party suppliers
and inspections, before paying Avanti fees on top.

Another slide mocks how the company is awarded performance-based bonuses
even if it delivers a less than perfect service. The meeting was attended
by Andy Mellors, the managing director.

Describing the service quality regime (SQR), which inspects station and
train functioning, and cleanliness as well as customer service, the slide
said: “So, to re-cap – they scope our BAU [business as usual] activities —
pay for them and pay to check them — how good is that?!”.

It went on to explain that the company does not need to achieve perfect
scores to access the cash. The slide said: “But wait … do they want 100%
compliance? No! 7, 8 or 9 out of 10 is asked for across the different areas
of our customer experience portfolio … And here’s the fantastic thing! — if
we achieve those figures, they pay us some more money — which is ours to
keep — in the form of a performance-based fee!! Sound too good to be true?!
Well on this occasion it isn’t — it’s the absolute truth!”

… continues in

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ca6c2820-51c0-40e1-ba51-04e084d83b88?shareToken=ee59b70d5a863c6e07af9d3d0d9d46b4

Re: Avanti tells train managers to ?roll up? for free taxpayer money

<l0sn69Fg63kU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=74490&group=uk.railway#74490

From: nin@moss-eccardt.com (Rupert Moss-Eccardt)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Re: Avanti tells train managers to ?roll_up? for
free taxpayer money
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2024 13:25:29 +0000
 by: Rupert Moss-Eccardt - Thu, 18 Jan 2024 13:25 UTC

On 16 Jan 2024 22:56, Recliner wrote:
> The notoriously unreliable train operator has come under fire after it
> emerged that senior staff were also told that performance-related payments
> are "too good to be true".
>
> One slide, headlined "Roll up, roll-up get your free money here!" described
> how the Treasury and Department for Transport prop up the operator using
> taxpayers' money. It added that the government supports the company in the
> delivery of new assets, customer service and provides third-party suppliers
> and inspections, before paying Avanti fees on top.
>
> Another slide mocks how the company is awarded performance-based bonuses
> even if it delivers a less than perfect service. The meeting was attended
> by Andy Mellors, the managing director.
>
> Describing the service quality regime (SQR), which inspects station and
> train functioning, and cleanliness as well as customer service, the slide
> said: "So, to re-cap - they scope our BAU [business as usual] activities -
> pay for them and pay to check them - how good is that?!".
>
> It went on to explain that the company does not need to achieve perfect
> scores to access the cash. The slide said: "But wait . do they want 100%
> compliance? No! 7, 8 or 9 out of 10 is asked for across the different areas
> of our customer experience portfolio . And here's the fantastic thing! - if
> we achieve those figures, they pay us some more money - which is ours to
> keep - in the form of a performance-based fee!! Sound too good to be true?!
> Well on this occasion it isn't - it's the absolute truth!"
>
> . continues in
>
> https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ca6c2820-51c0-40e1-ba51-04e084d83b88?shareToken=ee59b70d5a863c6e07af9d3d0d9d46b4

Yes, this Tory government is rubbish. Glad you agree.

Re: Avanti tells train managers to ?roll up? for free taxpayer money

<bbciqipg2ovcd4vdcpvjik3nf77pibh07s@4ax.com>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=74493&group=uk.railway#74493

From: recliner.usenet@gmail.com (Recliner)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Re: Avanti tells train managers to ?roll up? for free taxpayer money
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2024 14:11:30 +0000
 by: Recliner - Thu, 18 Jan 2024 14:11 UTC

On Thu, 18 Jan 2024 13:25:29 +0000, Rupert Moss-Eccardt <nin@moss-eccardt.com> wrote:

>On 16 Jan 2024 22:56, Recliner wrote:
>> The notoriously unreliable train operator has come under fire after it
>> emerged that senior staff were also told that performance-related payments
>> are "too good to be true".
>>
>> One slide, headlined "Roll up, roll-up get your free money here!" described
>> how the Treasury and Department for Transport prop up the operator using
>> taxpayers' money. It added that the government supports the company in the
>> delivery of new assets, customer service and provides third-party suppliers
>> and inspections, before paying Avanti fees on top.
>>
>> Another slide mocks how the company is awarded performance-based bonuses
>> even if it delivers a less than perfect service. The meeting was attended
>> by Andy Mellors, the managing director.
>>
>> Describing the service quality regime (SQR), which inspects station and
>> train functioning, and cleanliness as well as customer service, the slide
>> said: "So, to re-cap - they scope our BAU [business as usual] activities -
>> pay for them and pay to check them - how good is that?!".
>>
>> It went on to explain that the company does not need to achieve perfect
>> scores to access the cash. The slide said: "But wait . do they want 100%
>> compliance? No! 7, 8 or 9 out of 10 is asked for across the different areas
>> of our customer experience portfolio . And here's the fantastic thing! - if
>> we achieve those figures, they pay us some more money - which is ours to
>> keep - in the form of a performance-based fee!! Sound too good to be true?!
>> Well on this occasion it isn't - it's the absolute truth!"
>>
>> . continues in
>>
>> https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ca6c2820-51c0-40e1-ba51-04e084d83b88?shareToken=ee59b70d5a863c6e07af9d3d0d9d46b4
>
>Yes, this Tory government is rubbish. Glad you agree.

I was simply quoting a story from the Times. I didn't express any opinion.

aus+uk / uk.railway / Avanti tells train managers to ‘roll up’ for free taxpayer money