Employees and their families are not eligible.

aus+uk / uk.railway / Rugby-to-Stafford rail passengers face delays as signals connected

SubjectAuthor
* Rugby-to-Stafford rail passengers face delays as signals connectedGraeme Wall
+- Re: Rugby-to-Stafford rail passengers face delays as signals connectedRoland Perry
`* Re: Rugby-to-Stafford rail passengers face delays as signals connectedCoffee
 `* Re: Rugby-to-Stafford rail passengers face delays as signals connectedRecliner
  `* Re: Rugby-to-Stafford rail passengers face delays as signals connectedRoland Perry
   +* Re: Rugby-to-Stafford rail passengers face delays as signals connectedRecliner
   |`* Re: Rugby-to-Stafford rail passengers face delays as signals connectedRoland Perry
   | `* Re: Rugby-to-Stafford rail passengers face delays as signals connectedRecliner
   |  `* Re: Rugby-to-Stafford rail passengers face delays as signals connectedRoland Perry
   |   `* Re: Rugby-to-Stafford rail passengers face delays as signals connectedRecliner
   |    `* Re: Rugby-to-Stafford rail passengers face delays as signals connectedRoland Perry
   |     `* Re: Rugby-to-Stafford rail passengers face delays as signals connectedRecliner
   |      `- Re: Rugby-to-Stafford rail passengers face delays as signals connectedRoland Perry
   `* Re: Rugby-to-Stafford rail passengers face delays as signals connectedSam Wilson
    `* Re: Rugby-to-Stafford rail passengers face delays as signals connectedRoland Perry
     `- Re: Rugby-to-Stafford rail passengers face delays as signals connectedSam Wilson

1
Rugby-to-Stafford rail passengers face delays as signals connected

<uo0b56$d2c3$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=74260&group=uk.railway#74260

From: rail@greywall.demon.co.uk (Graeme Wall)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Rugby-to-Stafford rail passengers face delays as signals connected
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2024 09:56:54 +0000
 by: Graeme Wall - Sun, 14 Jan 2024 09:56 UTC

<https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-67958967>

I note it involves fitting devices to count the number of male
Scandinavian passengers on the trains:

The work, which has been taking place in stages since 2017, includes
upgrading more than 120 axel counters.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Re: Rugby-to-Stafford rail passengers face delays as signals connected

<F3Zhl39sN7olFANd@perry.uk>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=74261&group=uk.railway#74261

From: roland@perry.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2024 10:11:56 +0000
 by: Roland Perry - Sun, 14 Jan 2024 10:11 UTC

In message <uo0b56$d2c3$2@dont-email.me>, at 09:56:54 on Sun, 14 Jan
2024, Graeme Wall <rail@greywall.demon.co.uk> remarked:
><https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-67958967>
>
>I note it involves fitting devices to count the number of male
>Scandinavian passengers on the trains:
>
>The work, which has been taking place in stages since 2017, includes
>upgrading more than 120 axel counters.

I knew a chap called Axel, but the count stopped at one.
--
Roland Perry

Re: Rugby-to-Stafford rail passengers face delays as signals connected

<uo1mcr$juu0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=74293&group=uk.railway#74293

From: martin.coffee@round-midnight.org.uk (Coffee)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Re: Rugby-to-Stafford rail passengers face delays as signals
connected
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2024 22:14:51 +0000
 by: Coffee - Sun, 14 Jan 2024 22:14 UTC

On 14/01/2024 09:56, Graeme Wall wrote:
> <https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-67958967>
>
> I note it involves fitting devices to count the number of male
> Scandinavian passengers on the trains:
>
> The work, which has been taking place in stages since 2017, includes
> upgrading more than 120 axel counters.

Why do they call the replacement of obsolete or worn out equipment as
investment? I'm not even sure as it counts as an improvement as it's
likely to be replaced in even less time than what it's replacement.

Re: Rugby-to-Stafford rail passengers face delays as signals connected

<gd9aqihakd32k7qe604gumh8mndgnbtt5t@4ax.com>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=74325&group=uk.railway#74325

From: recliner.usenet@gmail.com (Recliner)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 12:32:15 +0000
 by: Recliner - Mon, 15 Jan 2024 12:32 UTC

On Sun, 14 Jan 2024 22:14:51 +0000, Coffee <martin.coffee@round-midnight.org.uk> wrote:

>On 14/01/2024 09:56, Graeme Wall wrote:
>> <https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-67958967>
>>
>> I note it involves fitting devices to count the number of male
>> Scandinavian passengers on the trains:
>>
>> The work, which has been taking place in stages since 2017, includes
>> upgrading more than 120 axel counters.
>>
>Why do they call the replacement of obsolete or worn out equipment as
>investment? I'm not even sure as it counts as an improvement as it's
>likely to be replaced in even less time than what it's replacement.

It's capex, not opex, that's why.

Re: Rugby-to-Stafford rail passengers face delays as signals connected

<VGX1JEeRhSplFAUW@perry.uk>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=74326&group=uk.railway#74326

From: roland@perry.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 12:42:57 +0000
 by: Roland Perry - Mon, 15 Jan 2024 12:42 UTC

In message <gd9aqihakd32k7qe604gumh8mndgnbtt5t@4ax.com>, at 12:32:15 on
Mon, 15 Jan 2024, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:
>On Sun, 14 Jan 2024 22:14:51 +0000, Coffee
><martin.coffee@round-midnight.org.uk> wrote:
>
>>On 14/01/2024 09:56, Graeme Wall wrote:
>>> <https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-67958967>
>>>
>>> I note it involves fitting devices to count the number of male
>>> Scandinavian passengers on the trains:
>>>
>>> The work, which has been taking place in stages since 2017, includes
>>> upgrading more than 120 axel counters.
>>>
>>Why do they call the replacement of obsolete or worn out equipment as
>>investment? I'm not even sure as it counts as an improvement as it's
>>likely to be replaced in even less time than what it's replacement.
>
>It's capex, not opex, that's why.

Although signing a lease for a new fleet of trains is usually described
[by the TOC] as "investment", when it's really just a commitment to a
certain number of years' opex.
--
Roland Perry

Re: Rugby-to-Stafford rail passengers face delays as signals connected

<htaaqidn89ganmlrt1p8dvliqgsieiraim@4ax.com>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=74328&group=uk.railway#74328

From: recliner.usenet@gmail.com (Recliner)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 13:04:44 +0000
 by: Recliner - Mon, 15 Jan 2024 13:04 UTC

On Mon, 15 Jan 2024 12:42:57 +0000, Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:

>In message <gd9aqihakd32k7qe604gumh8mndgnbtt5t@4ax.com>, at 12:32:15 on
>Mon, 15 Jan 2024, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:
>>On Sun, 14 Jan 2024 22:14:51 +0000, Coffee
>><martin.coffee@round-midnight.org.uk> wrote:

>>>Why do they call the replacement of obsolete or worn out equipment as
>>>investment? I'm not even sure as it counts as an improvement as it's
>>>likely to be replaced in even less time than what it's replacement.
>>
>>It's capex, not opex, that's why.
>
>Although signing a lease for a new fleet of trains is usually described
>[by the TOC] as "investment", when it's really just a commitment to a
>certain number of years' opex.

I suppose the key word is 'commitment', but the commitment was normally made by the DfT (in the form of Section 54
guarantees), not the TOC. Very few TOC owners stuck their necks out and acquired their own stock, or guaranteed the
leases themselves.

Re: Rugby-to-Stafford rail passengers face delays as signals connected

<uo3b8v$udnp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=74329&group=uk.railway#74329

From: ukr@dummy.wislons.fastmail.co.uk (Sam Wilson)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
connected
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 13:17:19 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:MuwnoXITSSIz2DMKaZtwpB8bHsk=
 by: Sam Wilson - Mon, 15 Jan 2024 13:17 UTC

Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
> In message <gd9aqihakd32k7qe604gumh8mndgnbtt5t@4ax.com>, at 12:32:15 on
> Mon, 15 Jan 2024, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:
>> On Sun, 14 Jan 2024 22:14:51 +0000, Coffee
>> <martin.coffee@round-midnight.org.uk> wrote:

>>> Why do they call the replacement of obsolete or worn out equipment as
>>> investment? I'm not even sure as it counts as an improvement as it's
>>> likely to be replaced in even less time than what it's replacement.
>>
>> It's capex, not opex, that's why.
>
> Although signing a lease for a new fleet of trains is usually described
> [by the TOC] as "investment", when it's really just a commitment to a
> certain number of years' opex.

Depends on the structure of the financing. My former employer, as with
many Universities, was always terrified of ongoing opex commitments.
Whenever possible on large procurements we’d pay N years maintenance up
front to turn it into capex.

The leader of our procurement team on the last project I worked on obtained
a certain budget for the project at the very highest levels of the
University. He was then informed part way through the process that, just
because the spend was budgeted for, that didn’t mean the money would
actually be available.

Sam

--
The entity formerly known as Sam.Wilson@ed.ac.uk
Spit the dummy to reply

Re: Rugby-to-Stafford rail passengers face delays as signals connected

<jg9Ygyf7KUplFARq@perry.uk>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=74333&group=uk.railway#74333

From: roland@perry.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 14:35:39 +0000
 by: Roland Perry - Mon, 15 Jan 2024 14:35 UTC

In message <htaaqidn89ganmlrt1p8dvliqgsieiraim@4ax.com>, at 13:04:44 on
Mon, 15 Jan 2024, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:
>On Mon, 15 Jan 2024 12:42:57 +0000, Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
>
>>In message <gd9aqihakd32k7qe604gumh8mndgnbtt5t@4ax.com>, at 12:32:15 on
>>Mon, 15 Jan 2024, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:

>>>It's capex, not opex, that's why.
>>
>>Although signing a lease for a new fleet of trains is usually described
>>[by the TOC] as "investment", when it's really just a commitment to a
>>certain number of years' opex.
>
>I suppose the key word is 'commitment', but the commitment was normally
>made by the DfT (in the form of Section 54 guarantees),

That's a safety-net for the ROSCOs in the event that one TOC is replaced
by another.

>not the TOC. Very few TOC owners stuck their necks out and acquired
>their own stock,

Sure; that's what ROSCOs are for.

>or guaranteed the leases themselves.

While they were still solvent they did. Wasn't GNER's demise because
their parent company could no longer guarantee (amongst other things)
the leasing costs, for example.
--
Roland Perry

Re: Rugby-to-Stafford rail passengers face delays as signals connected

<GPjhLhgBbUplFA3i@perry.uk>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=74339&group=uk.railway#74339

From: roland@perry.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 14:52:49 +0000
 by: Roland Perry - Mon, 15 Jan 2024 14:52 UTC

In message <uo3b8v$udnp$1@dont-email.me>, at 13:17:19 on Mon, 15 Jan
2024, Sam Wilson <ukr@dummy.wislons.fastmail.co.uk> remarked:

>The leader of our procurement team on the last project I worked on obtained
>a certain budget for the project at the very highest levels of the
>University. He was then informed part way through the process that, just
>because the spend was budgeted for, that didn’t mean the money would
>actually be available.

A client I worked for briefly published a budget (mainly R&D) and then
turned round and said that just because my department had a budgeted
spend of X, didn't mean there were any funds available to spend. It was
in effect a PR stunt for a potential IPO.
--
Roland Perry

Re: Rugby-to-Stafford rail passengers face delays as signals connected

<n1iaqi9f50ldpvkipj9f97rtmnui7hkugg@4ax.com>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=74341&group=uk.railway#74341

From: recliner.usenet@gmail.com (Recliner)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 15:03:04 +0000
 by: Recliner - Mon, 15 Jan 2024 15:03 UTC

On Mon, 15 Jan 2024 14:35:39 +0000, Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:

>In message <htaaqidn89ganmlrt1p8dvliqgsieiraim@4ax.com>, at 13:04:44 on
>Mon, 15 Jan 2024, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:
>>On Mon, 15 Jan 2024 12:42:57 +0000, Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
>>
>>>In message <gd9aqihakd32k7qe604gumh8mndgnbtt5t@4ax.com>, at 12:32:15 on
>>>Mon, 15 Jan 2024, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:

>>>Although signing a lease for a new fleet of trains is usually described
>>>[by the TOC] as "investment", when it's really just a commitment to a
>>>certain number of years' opex.
>>
>>I suppose the key word is 'commitment', but the commitment was normally
>>made by the DfT (in the form of Section 54 guarantees),
>
>That's a safety-net for the ROSCOs in the event that one TOC is replaced
>by another.

The ROSCO's won't buy the trains unless a lease for about half of their minimum expected life is guaranteed by the DfT
or some other government body. They might now demand more, following the various mass extinction events encouraged by
the DfT.

>>not the TOC. Very few TOC owners stuck their necks out and acquired
>>their own stock,
>
>Sure; that's what ROSCOs are for.

FirstGroup is the one exception.

>>or guaranteed the leases themselves.
>
>While they were still solvent they did. Wasn't GNER's demise because
>their parent company could no longer guarantee (amongst other things)
>the leasing costs, for example.

No, its commitment was to the DfT, not the ROSCOs.

Re: Rugby-to-Stafford rail passengers face delays as signals connected

<uo3lee$103bd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=74343&group=uk.railway#74343

From: ukr@dummy.wislons.fastmail.co.uk (Sam Wilson)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
connected
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 16:10:54 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:lh91CdtG0kr1zSy1qCiccwKSBRQ=
 by: Sam Wilson - Mon, 15 Jan 2024 16:10 UTC

Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
> In message <uo3b8v$udnp$1@dont-email.me>, at 13:17:19 on Mon, 15 Jan
> 2024, Sam Wilson <ukr@dummy.wislons.fastmail.co.uk> remarked:
>
>> The leader of our procurement team on the last project I worked on obtained
>> a certain budget for the project at the very highest levels of the
>> University. He was then informed part way through the process that, just
>> because the spend was budgeted for, that didn’t mean the money would
>> actually be available.
>
> A client I worked for briefly published a budget (mainly R&D) and then
> turned round and said that just because my department had a budgeted
> spend of X, didn't mean there were any funds available to spend. It was
> in effect a PR stunt for a potential IPO.

I don’t think the University of Edinburgh is likely to be making an IPO any
time soon, BICVWBW.

Sam

--
The entity formerly known as Sam.Wilson@ed.ac.uk
Spit the dummy to reply

Re: Rugby-to-Stafford rail passengers face delays as signals connected

<mrnpC09Ru3plFAhG@perry.uk>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=74428&group=uk.railway#74428

From: roland@perry.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2024 07:02:41 +0000
 by: Roland Perry - Wed, 17 Jan 2024 07:02 UTC

In message <n1iaqi9f50ldpvkipj9f97rtmnui7hkugg@4ax.com>, at 15:03:04 on
Mon, 15 Jan 2024, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:
>On Mon, 15 Jan 2024 14:35:39 +0000, Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
>
>>In message <htaaqidn89ganmlrt1p8dvliqgsieiraim@4ax.com>, at 13:04:44 on

>>>I suppose the key word is 'commitment', but the commitment was normally
>>>made by the DfT (in the form of Section 54 guarantees),
>>
>>That's a safety-net for the ROSCOs in the event that one TOC is replaced
>>by another.
>
>The ROSCO's won't buy the trains unless a lease for about half of their
>minimum expected life is guaranteed by the DfT or some other government
>body. They might now demand more, following the various mass extinction
>events encouraged by the DfT.

That's one of the (surely predictable) perils of privatising train
leasing.

>>>not the TOC. Very few TOC owners stuck their necks out and acquired
>>>their own stock,
>>
>>Sure; that's what ROSCOs are for.
>
>FirstGroup is the one exception.

Perhaps for just their Open Access services, which are outside the
franchising framework?

But even then, their stock gets recycled, for example the Hull Trains
Pioneers got cascaded to become [more] EMT Meridians. Did a ROSCO take
them under its wing, or was EMT paying leasing fees to First Group?

>>>or guaranteed the leases themselves.
>>
>>While they were still solvent they did. Wasn't GNER's demise because
>>their parent company could no longer guarantee (amongst other things)
>>the leasing costs, for example.
>
>No, its commitment was to the DfT, not the ROSCOs.

Yes, its commitment was to the DfT who could then use it to guarantee
amongst other things payments to ROSCOs.
--
Roland Perry

Re: Rugby-to-Stafford rail passengers face delays as signals connected

<64OpN.2340$wDMd.2033@fx07.ams1>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=74441&group=uk.railway#74441

Newsgroups: uk.railway
connected
From: recliner.usenet@gmail.com (Recliner)
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2024 10:35:46 GMT
 by: Recliner - Wed, 17 Jan 2024 10:35 UTC

Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
> In message <n1iaqi9f50ldpvkipj9f97rtmnui7hkugg@4ax.com>, at 15:03:04 on
> Mon, 15 Jan 2024, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:
>> On Mon, 15 Jan 2024 14:35:39 +0000, Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> In message <htaaqidn89ganmlrt1p8dvliqgsieiraim@4ax.com>, at 13:04:44 on
>>> Mon, 15 Jan 2024, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:

>>> That's a safety-net for the ROSCOs in the event that one TOC is replaced
>>> by another.
>>
>> The ROSCO's won't buy the trains unless a lease for about half of their
>> minimum expected life is guaranteed by the DfT or some other government
>> body. They might now demand more, following the various mass extinction
>> events encouraged by the DfT.
>
> That's one of the (surely predictable) perils of privatising train
> leasing.

>>> Sure; that's what ROSCOs are for.
>>
>> FirstGroup is the one exception.
>
> Perhaps for just their Open Access services, which are outside the
> franchising framework?

No, not for their open access operations. Those trains are financed by
Angel and Beacon.

> But even then, their stock gets recycled, for example the Hull Trains
> Pioneers got cascaded to become [more] EMT Meridians. Did a ROSCO take
> them under its wing, or was EMT paying leasing fees to First Group?

>>> While they were still solvent they did. Wasn't GNER's demise because
>>> their parent company could no longer guarantee (amongst other things)
>>> the leasing costs, for example.
>>
>> No, its commitment was to the DfT, not the ROSCOs.
>
> Yes, its commitment was to the DfT who could then use it to guarantee
> amongst other things payments to ROSCOs.

That's not the reason for Section 54 guarantees.

Re: Rugby-to-Stafford rail passengers face delays as signals connected

<NrVjiELMpqslFA9T@perry.uk>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=74905&group=uk.railway#74905

From: roland@perry.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 18:37:00 +0000
 by: Roland Perry - Thu, 25 Jan 2024 18:37 UTC

In message <64OpN.2340$wDMd.2033@fx07.ams1>, at 10:35:46 on Wed, 17 Jan
2024, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:
>Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
>> In message <n1iaqi9f50ldpvkipj9f97rtmnui7hkugg@4ax.com>, at 15:03:04 on

>>> The ROSCO's won't buy the trains unless a lease for about half of their
>>> minimum expected life is guaranteed by the DfT or some other government
>>> body. They might now demand more, following the various mass extinction
>>> events encouraged by the DfT.
>>
>> That's one of the (surely predictable) perils of privatising train
>> leasing.

>>> FirstGroup is the one exception.
>>
>> Perhaps for just their Open Access services, which are outside the
>> franchising framework?
>
>No, not for their open access operations. Those trains are financed by
>Angel and Beacon.

Which services, then?

>> But even then, their stock gets recycled, for example the Hull Trains
>> Pioneers got cascaded to become [more] EMT Meridians. Did a ROSCO take
>> them under its wing, or was EMT paying leasing fees to First Group?

>>> No, its commitment was to the DfT, not the ROSCOs.
>>
>> Yes, its commitment was to the DfT who could then use it to guarantee
>> amongst other things payments to ROSCOs.
>
>That's not the reason for Section 54 guarantees.

What is the reason then?
--
Roland Perry

Re: Rugby-to-Stafford rail passengers face delays as signals connected

<N8AsN.16036$x4Zc.7018@fx10.ams1>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=74918&group=uk.railway#74918

Newsgroups: uk.railway
connected
From: recliner.usenet@gmail.com (Recliner)
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 21:12:13 GMT
 by: Recliner - Thu, 25 Jan 2024 21:12 UTC

Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
> In message <64OpN.2340$wDMd.2033@fx07.ams1>, at 10:35:46 on Wed, 17 Jan
> 2024, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:
>> Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
>>> In message <n1iaqi9f50ldpvkipj9f97rtmnui7hkugg@4ax.com>, at 15:03:04 on
>>> Mon, 15 Jan 2024, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:

>>> That's one of the (surely predictable) perils of privatising train
>>> leasing.

>>> Perhaps for just their Open Access services, which are outside the
>>> franchising framework?
>>
>> No, not for their open access operations. Those trains are financed by
>> Angel and Beacon.
>
> Which services, then?

GWR

>>> But even then, their stock gets recycled, for example the Hull Trains
>>> Pioneers got cascaded to become [more] EMT Meridians. Did a ROSCO take
>>> them under its wing, or was EMT paying leasing fees to First Group?

>>> Yes, its commitment was to the DfT who could then use it to guarantee
>>> amongst other things payments to ROSCOs.
>>
>> That's not the reason for Section 54 guarantees.
>
> What is the reason then?

Surely even you can figure it out?

Re: Rugby-to-Stafford rail passengers face delays as signals connected

<y8vcHWNTyMxlFASX@perry.uk>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=75451&group=uk.railway#75451

From: roland@perry.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2024 12:44:03 +0000
 by: Roland Perry - Thu, 8 Feb 2024 12:44 UTC

In message <N8AsN.16036$x4Zc.7018@fx10.ams1>, at 21:12:13 on Thu, 25 Jan
2024, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:
>Roland Perry <roland@perry.uk> wrote:
>> In message <64OpN.2340$wDMd.2033@fx07.ams1>, at 10:35:46 on Wed, 17 Jan
>> 2024, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:

>>> No, not for their open access operations. Those trains are financed by
>>> Angel and Beacon.
>>
>> Which services, then?
>
>GWR

>>> That's not the reason for Section 54 guarantees.
>>
>> What is the reason then?
>
>Surely even you can figure it out?

Enigmatic as ever, which probably means you don't know the reason.
--
Roland Perry

aus+uk / uk.railway / Rugby-to-Stafford rail passengers face delays as signals connected