From: alan@darkroom.plus.com (Alan Lee)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Delay repy, 'ticket expired'?
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2023 19:08:22 +0000
 by: Alan Lee - Sun, 24 Dec 2023 19:08 UTC

We had a day out on Thursday, Avanti out, TPX back.
Both legs were over one hour late.
I bought the tikets via the Scotrail app.
I started to fill the forms in today for a refund, but the app says the
tickets have now 'expired', and the barcode is not visible.
Has anyone else had this, and how was it resolved?
Thanks.

--
Remove the '+' and replace with 'plus' to reply by email

Re: Delay repy, 'ticket expired'?

<uma1lc$2mdd7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=72978&group=uk.railway#72978

From: martin.coffee@round-midnight.org.uk (Coffee)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Re: Delay repy, 'ticket expired'?
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2023 19:43:40 +0000
 by: Coffee - Sun, 24 Dec 2023 19:43 UTC

On 24/12/2023 19:08, Alan Lee wrote:
> We had a day out on Thursday, Avanti out, TPX back.
> Both legs were over one hour late.
> I bought the tikets via the Scotrail app.
> I started to fill the forms in today for a refund, but the app says the
> tickets have now 'expired', and the barcode is not visible.
> Has anyone else had this, and how was it resolved?
> Thanks.

The TfW app shows them in "Wallet - History" if that's any help.

Re: Delay repy, 'ticket expired'?

<umgq6q$3scal$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=73049&group=uk.railway#73049

From: anna@noyd-dryver.com (Anna Noyd-Dryver)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2023 09:19:23 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:garTmTrkNENxvtM9cFULh03WTo0=
 by: Anna Noyd-Dryver - Wed, 27 Dec 2023 09:19 UTC

Alan Lee <alan@darkroom.plus.com> wrote:
> We had a day out on Thursday, Avanti out, TPX back.
> Both legs were over one hour late.
> I bought the tikets via the Scotrail app.
> I started to fill the forms in today for a refund, but the app says the
> tickets have now 'expired', and the barcode is not visible.
> Has anyone else had this, and how was it resolved?
> Thanks.

The rest of the information on the page which says "Ticket expired" where
the barcode should be, should be sufficient - ticket type, ticket
reference, price, transaction ID, purchase time/date. The tickets I have in
the Scotrail app are open tickets, so no specific train details shown; but
I presume that the details would be shown either on that screen, on the
alternate tab labelled 'ticket', or on the previous screen (the one with
the 'view tickets' button).

Anna Noyd-Dryver

Re: Delay repy, 'ticket expired'?

<umkkvm$gij3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=73223&group=uk.railway#73223

From: alan@darkroom.plus.com (Alan Lee)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2023 20:14:46 +0000
 by: Alan Lee - Thu, 28 Dec 2023 20:14 UTC

On 27/12/2023 09:19, Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
> Alan Lee <alan@darkroom.plus.com> wrote:
>> We had a day out on Thursday, Avanti out, TPX back.
>> Both legs were over one hour late.
>> I bought the tikets via the Scotrail app.
>> I started to fill the forms in today for a refund, but the app says the
>> tickets have now 'expired', and the barcode is not visible.
>
> The rest of the information on the page which says "Ticket expired" where
> the barcode should be, should be sufficient - ticket type, ticket
> reference, price, transaction ID, purchase time/date. The tickets I have in
> the Scotrail app are open tickets, so no specific train details shown; but
> I presume that the details would be shown either on that screen, on the
> alternate tab labelled 'ticket', or on the previous screen (the one with
> the 'view tickets' button).

I was trying using TPXs phone app,(thinking I had to claim from the
Train operator) which was useless, I tried Scotrails app, and it seemed
to work with just the journey details, uploaded as a screenshot.
Neither legs were Scotrail journeys, but I bought the tickets through them.
I'll find out next week presumably.
Thanks.

--
Remove the '+' and replace with 'plus' to reply by email

Re: Delay repy, 'ticket expired'?

<umko56$gvpd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=73224&group=uk.railway#73224

From: martin.coffee@round-midnight.org.uk (Coffee)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2023 21:08:54 +0000
 by: Coffee - Thu, 28 Dec 2023 21:08 UTC

On 28/12/2023 20:14, Alan Lee wrote:
> On 27/12/2023 09:19, Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
>> Alan Lee <alan@darkroom.plus.com> wrote:
>>> We had a day out on Thursday, Avanti out, TPX back.
>>> Both legs were over one hour late.
>>> I bought the tikets via the Scotrail app.
>>> I started to fill the forms in today for a refund, but the app says the
>>> tickets have now 'expired', and the barcode is not visible.
>>
>> The rest of the information on the page which says "Ticket expired" where
>> the barcode should be, should be sufficient - ticket type, ticket
>> reference, price, transaction ID, purchase time/date. The tickets I
>> have in
>> the Scotrail app are open tickets, so no specific train details shown;
>> but
>> I presume that the details would be shown either on that screen, on the
>> alternate tab labelled 'ticket', or on the previous screen (the one with
>> the 'view tickets' button).
>
> I was trying using TPXs phone app,(thinking I had to claim from the
> Train operator) which was useless, I tried Scotrails app, and it seemed
> to work with just the journey details, uploaded as a screenshot.
> Neither legs were Scotrail journeys, but I bought the tickets through them.
> I'll find out next week presumably.
> Thanks.

I claim from the ToC responsible for the first delay. I only purchase
tickets on line and not via the app so I have an email as proof of
purchase which I convert to a PDF if needed for upload.

Having said that my last XC claim was made on paper as their web page
timed out too quickly if you're using multiple tickets and gWr now want
a verified email address so they get paper claims as well. They're
freepost addresses so postage not needed.

Re: Delay repy, 'ticket expired'?

<uodi9d$336vv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=74533&group=uk.railway#74533

From: alan@darkroom.plus.com (Alan Lee)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 10:18:21 +0000
 by: Alan Lee - Fri, 19 Jan 2024 10:18 UTC

On 28/12/2023 20:14, Alan Lee wrote:

> I was trying using TPXs phone app,(thinking I had to claim from the
> Train operator) which was useless, I tried Scotrails app, and it seemed
> to work with just the journey details, uploaded as a screenshot.
> Neither legs were Scotrail journeys, but I bought the tickets through them.
> I'll find out next week presumably.

Scotrail eventually replied back, "sorry, even though we sold those
tickets, we cannot refund them, you need to go to TPX and Avanti".
So I did, and got a refund the next day. They accepted the booking
details as proof. Apparently (I had emailed Scotrail about it), once the
ticket barcode has gone, you cannot get it back, so most/all TOCs accept
the booking reference.
And, on another annoyance, you need to register with each TOC to get a
refund, I already have the registered App for TPX, but you need a
different registration for the refunds. How shit and confusing is that.
GBR would have been a good thing to sort this type of stupid problem out.

--
Remove the '+' and replace with 'plus' to reply by email

Re: Delay repy, 'ticket expired'?

<uodngf$344a6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=74539&group=uk.railway#74539

From: martin.coffee@round-midnight.org.uk (Coffee)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 11:47:27 +0000
 by: Coffee - Fri, 19 Jan 2024 11:47 UTC

On 19/01/2024 10:18, Alan Lee wrote:
> On 28/12/2023 20:14, Alan Lee wrote:
>
>> I was trying using TPXs phone app,(thinking I had to claim from the
>> Train operator) which was useless, I tried Scotrails app, and it
>> seemed to work with just the journey details, uploaded as a screenshot.
>> Neither legs were Scotrail journeys, but I bought the tickets through
>> them.
>> I'll find out next week presumably.
>
> Scotrail eventually replied back, "sorry, even though we sold those
> tickets, we cannot refund them, you need to go to TPX and Avanti".
> So I did, and got a refund the next day. They accepted the booking
> details as proof. Apparently (I had emailed Scotrail about it), once the
> ticket barcode has gone, you cannot get it back, so most/all TOCs accept
> the booking reference.
> And, on another annoyance, you need to register with each TOC to get a
> refund, I already have the registered App for TPX, but you need a
> different registration for the refunds. How shit and confusing is that.
> GBR would have been a good thing to sort this type of stupid problem out.

gWr have started requiring a registration for online claims but last
time I used them TfW and XC did not.

I now make my compensation claims to gWr on paper. It's a freepost address.

I think most, if not all ToCs, use contractors to process the claims.

aus+uk / uk.railway / Delay repy, 'ticket expired'?