"It's a summons." "What's a summons?" "It means summon's in trouble." -- Rocky and Bullwinkle

aus+uk / aus.computers / Re: mobile

SubjectAuthor
* mobileMax
`* mobilePetzl
 +* mobileMax
 |`- mobilePetzl
 `* mobileRod Speed
  `* mobilePeter Jason
   +* mobilePetzl
   |`- mobilePetzl
   +* mobileRod Speed
   |`* mobilePetzl
   | +* mobileZebee Johnstone
   | |`- mobilePetzl
   | `- mobileRod Speed
   `* mobilePetzl
    `* mobilePeter Jason
     `* mobilePetzl
      `* mobilePeter Jason
       +- mobilePetzl
       `* mobilePetzl
        `* mobilePeter Jason
         +- mobilePetzl
         `* mobileRod Speed
          `* mobilePetzl
           +* mobileRod Speed
           |`* mobilePetzl
           | `* mobileRod Speed
           |  `* mobilePetzl
           |   `* mobileRod Speed
           |    `* mobilePetzl
           |     `* mobileRod Speed
           |      `* mobilePetzl
           |       `* mobileRod Speed
           |        +* mobilePetzl
           |        |`- mobileRod Speed
           |        `* mobilePetzl
           |         `* mobileRod Speed
           |          `* mobilePetzl
           |           `* mobileRod Speed
           |            `* mobilePetzl
           |             `* mobileRod Speed
           |              `* mobilePetzl
           |               +- mobilePetzl
           |               `* mobileRod Speed
           |                `* mobilePetzl
           |                 `* mobileRod Speed
           |                  +* mobilePetzl
           |                  |`* mobileRod Speed
           |                  | `* mobilePetzl
           |                  |  `- mobileRod Speed
           |                  `* mobileRod Speed
           |                   `* mobilePetzl
           |                    `* mobileRod Speed
           |                     `* mobilePetzl
           |                      `- mobileRod Speed
           `* mobileFrank Slootweg
            +- mobilePetzl
            `- mobilePeter Jason

Pages:123
Re: mobile

<tqealitikh937ch7uofe31intcgchob3ne@4ax.com>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3836&group=aus.computers#3836

From: petzlx@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Subject: Re: mobile
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 08:59:26 +1100
References: <op.2ebl88lmbyq249@pvr2.lan> <c4g3lidrccj2vc00ka65q70071nltb8css@4ax.com> <op.2ecxa9b8byq249@pvr2.lan> <kg55lidm5hk7fva82dnic2ea7upbq2b48p@4ax.com> <op.2edns6eobyq249@pvr2.lan> <sbq5lipgu5i6btfp35hd02u28874o3lchj@4ax.com> <op.2edumy1sbyq249@pvr2.lan> <8ud6lidjo1h4tmabaetosm7vd49qf6frc2@4ax.com> <op.2ee2vovgbyq249@pvr2.lan> <md18lillr0rs20oscplj7h62702b21lisc@4ax.com> <op.2efkful4byq249@pvr2.lan> <jae8li5566oqu2u0sret18oiq7pq2qldl3@4ax.com> <op.2egmqj1mbyq249@pvr2.lan>
 by: Petzl - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 21:59 UTC

On Thu, 16 Nov 2023 03:57:45 +1100, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote

>>> That's not great either.
>>>
>> Might of been quicker, just checked 15 minutes later and it was done?

>>> Wouldn't expect it too.

>>> I only got the laptop because the fucking ABC refused to
>>> stream to a Win7 system and now they stream to a Win7
>>> system fine. But I do plan to upgrade to a new Win11 PC
>>> just because lots of stuff like Chrome and Kindle no longer
>>> suppoer Win7 and that's becoming a pain. Not keen on
>>> using a laptop full time. It is much better for beer brewing
>>> tho so its no big deal. The previous old laptop wouldnt run
>>> Access 2003 realiably and the new Lenovo laptop runs it fine.
>
>> Gave up on laptops over priced always sitting on a desk
>
>A laptop works much better for the beer brewing and beer vault.
>
>They are in separate rooms and no real space for anything else when
>brewing and bottling.

Times change, "External Keyboard To An iPhone" are available

>> The all in one touch screen is not that hard to putin suit case then
>> back of car and take with you.
>
>But a laptop is much more viable when flying.

Don't know by how much, impressed with Sydney trains now having free
broadband, Passed the time away on smartphone 7 inch screen, voice
control if need be, I believe aircraft are touted to supply Internet
as well, not traveled by air for years.

>> Problem with all in one hard if not impossible to upgrade/Repair.
>
>Yep, thats why I avoid them for the main PC,

Windows destroys them long before upgrade/repair needed though.
So far my replacements are because of becoming outdated!

This 8GB RAM still suits me TV on shelf near roof just watch 7 news
mainly, then my computer for papers.
As well as world wide favorites, love the Drew Carey "Price is Right"
for one.
--
Petzl
Good lawyers know the law

justice is open to all; like the Ritz hotel
High Court reveals every current judge is a
member of Qantas’ ‘most exclusive club in Australia’
The High Court has exposed secret members of Qantas’
exclusive Chairman’s Lounge amid a landmark case over
the sacking of 1700 workers.

Re: mobile

<op.2eg58urgbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3837&group=aus.computers#3837

From: rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 10:59:08 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 23:59 UTC

Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>> Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
>>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote

>>> Might of been quicker, just checked 15 minutes later and it was done?

>>> Gave up on laptops over priced always sitting on a desk
>>
>> A laptop works much better for the beer brewing and beer vault.
>>
>> They are in separate rooms and no real space for anything else when
>> brewing and bottling.

> Times change, "External Keyboard To An iPhone" are available

Useless when updating an access database.
Proper touch screen laptop works vastly better.

I use voice input for the iphone, leaves a keyboard for dead.

>>> The all in one touch screen is not that hard to putin suit case then
>>> back of car and take with you.

>> But a laptop is much more viable when flying.

> Don't know by how much,

Vastly as far as portability is concerned.

> impressed with Sydney trains now having free broadband,

So do the better planes.

> Passed the time away on smartphone 7 inch screen,

I wasnt talking about passing the time away, just portability.

I do pass the time using my phone, normally reading kindle books.
The SE3 screen is plenty and I actually prefer it to the Kindle
PaperWhite which isnt as confortable in my hand, the SE3 is
much more comfortable which is why I bought it in the first place.

> voice control if need be,

I use that all the time.

> I believe aircraft are touted to supply Internet as well,

Been doing that for years now.

> not traveled by air for years.

I have only used the train from sydney just the once,
because a pov was paying for it. I always fly.

>>> Problem with all in one hard if not impossible to upgrade/Repair.

>> Yep, thats why I avoid them for the main PC,

> Windows destroys them long before upgrade/repair needed though.

Hasnt destroyed any of mine. I'm still using
the original Win7 install, July-09

> So far my replacements are because of becoming outdated!

My next will be because the current motherboard doesnt
easily support Win11 and because I am not a pov and
would like full touch screens on the new PC, Would only
need a new motherboard and ram and new screens.

> This 8GB RAM still suits me TV on shelf near roof just watch 7 news
> mainly,

I haven't watched any TV news for years now,
much prefer ABC Just In and the BBC RSS feed.

Tho today the fucking BBC didnt even mention that their
supreme court had just rejected Sunak's Rwanda scheme.

> then my computer for papers.

I don't bother with any of the shit rags anymore.

> As well as world wide favorites, love theDrew Carey "Price is Right"
> for one.

I almost entirely watch docos. All streamed now or torrented.

Re: mobile

<op.2einq6w1byq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3839&group=aus.computers#3839

From: rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 06:14:56 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 19:14 UTC

Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote

> I meant to say that some of the comments on productreview were a bit
> scathing about some of the Temu cloth products, bit thin apparantly.

> Just needed a new bottom fitted sheet. Wasnt prepared
> to risk it for that reason and then discovered that Ikea
> was flogging them for just $12, amazing price, but with
> a completely stupid shipping cost of $29 because they use
> Toll/IPEC but I used them anyway because the total is still
> about the same and the fabric quality is guaranteed with IKEA.

Turns out that what IKEA call Toll/IPEC calls themselves TeamGE
and that they are completely fucking useless. BY FAR the worst
operation I have ever had the misfortune to be saddled with.

The useless fuckers dont give their drivers a mobile phone so that
there is no way for the driver to ring your mobile when they can't
work out where your house is. No one else is actually that stupid.

The driver decided that there was no one home, but didnt
even bother to knock on the fucking door and I made sure
that I was always there all day and didnt even move away from
the front door all day even for a piss and just dumped the parcel
at the hub which is one of the newagents in the main street.

That happed a few years ago with the same useless operation
and has happened every single fucking time that a delivery has
come using those useless fuckers.

And while you can certainly ring that useless operation, they
refuse to attempt a redelivery. After I demaned a supervisor,
he did claim that I can get IKEA to request a redelivery, but
I bet that the useless fuckers will just fail to delivery again.

Haven't rung IKEA yet, too early yet. It will be interesting
to see what their response is.

And this is a service they charge $29 for, for a completely
fucked 'service', 3 times what everyone else charges.

Re: mobile

<ae3dlihkvmmdg6a1so4fo51eu5jc2op0u6@4ax.com>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3840&group=aus.computers#3840

From: petzlx@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 08:55:08 +1100
References: <ltj2lit7slsm1ac28398472p2oq2gc9vid@4ax.com> <op.2ebl88lmbyq249@pvr2.lan> <c4g3lidrccj2vc00ka65q70071nltb8css@4ax.com> <op.2ecxa9b8byq249@pvr2.lan> <kg55lidm5hk7fva82dnic2ea7upbq2b48p@4ax.com> <op.2edns6eobyq249@pvr2.lan> <sbq5lipgu5i6btfp35hd02u28874o3lchj@4ax.com> <op.2edumy1sbyq249@pvr2.lan> <8ud6lidjo1h4tmabaetosm7vd49qf6frc2@4ax.com> <op.2ee2vovgbyq249@pvr2.lan> <md18lillr0rs20oscplj7h62702b21lisc@4ax.com> <op.2efkful4byq249@pvr2.lan> <op.2einq6w1byq249@pvr2.lan>
 by: Petzl - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 21:55 UTC

On Fri, 17 Nov 2023 06:14:56 +1100, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>
>> I meant to say that some of the comments on productreview were a bit
>> scathing about some of the Temu cloth products, bit thin apparantly.
>
>> Just needed a new bottom fitted sheet. Wasnt prepared
>> to risk it for that reason and then discovered that Ikea
>> was flogging them for just $12, amazing price, but with
>> a completely stupid shipping cost of $29 because they use
>> Toll/IPEC but I used them anyway because the total is still
>> about the same and the fabric quality is guaranteed with IKEA.
>
>Turns out that what IKEA call Toll/IPEC calls themselves TeamGE
>and that they are completely fucking useless. BY FAR the worst
>operation I have ever had the misfortune to be saddled with.
>
>The useless fuckers dont give their drivers a mobile phone so that
>there is no way for the driver to ring your mobile when they can't
>work out where your house is. No one else is actually that stupid.
>
>The driver decided that there was no one home, but didnt
>even bother to knock on the fucking door and I made sure
>that I was always there all day and didnt even move away from
>the front door all day even for a piss and just dumped the parcel
>at the hub which is one of the newagents in the main street.
>
>That happed a few years ago with the same useless operation
>and has happened every single fucking time that a delivery has
>come using those useless fuckers.
>
>And while you can certainly ring that useless operation, they
>refuse to attempt a redelivery. After I demaned a supervisor,
>he did claim that I can get IKEA to request a redelivery, but
>I bet that the useless fuckers will just fail to delivery again.
>
>Haven't rung IKEA yet, too early yet. It will be interesting
>to see what their response is.
>
>And this is a service they charge $29 for, for a completely
>fucked 'service', 3 times what everyone else charges.

Sounds like IKEA have bought Swedish bureaucracy with them!
Bureaucracy is something about Sweden the Swedish hate as well but
never change.
--
Petzl
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true;

Re: mobile

<op.2eiv4airbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3841&group=aus.computers#3841

From: rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 09:15:36 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 22:15 UTC

Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote

>>> I meant to say that some of the comments on productreview were a bit
>>> scathing about some of the Temu cloth products, bit thin apparantly.

>>> Just needed a new bottom fitted sheet. Wasnt prepared
>>> to risk it for that reason and then discovered that Ikea
>>> was flogging them for just $12, amazing price, but with
>>> a completely stupid shipping cost of $29 because they use
>>> Toll/IPEC but I used them anyway because the total is still
>>> about the same and the fabric quality is guaranteed with IKEA.

>> Turns out that what IKEA call Toll/IPEC calls themselves TeamGE
>> and that they are completely fucking useless. BY FAR the worst
>> operation I have ever had the misfortune to be saddled with.

>> The useless fuckers dont give their drivers a mobile phone so that
>> there is no way for the driver to ring your mobile when they can't
>> work out where your house is. No one else is actually that stupid.

>> The driver decided that there was no one home, but didnt
>> even bother to knock on the fucking door and I made sure
>> that I was always there all day and didnt even move away from
>> the front door all day even for a piss and just dumped the parcel
>> at the hub which is one of the newagents in the main street.

>> That happed a few years ago with the same useless operation
>> and has happened every single fucking time that a delivery has
>> come using those useless fuckers.

>> And while you can certainly ring that useless operation, they
>> refuse to attempt a redelivery. After I demaned a supervisor,
>> he did claim that I can get IKEA to request a redelivery, but
>> I bet that the useless fuckers will just fail to delivery again.

>> Haven't rung IKEA yet, too early yet. It will be interesting
>> to see what their response is.

>> And this is a service they charge $29 for, for a completely
>> fucked 'service', 3 times what everyone else charges.

> Sounds like IKEA have bought Swedish bureaucracy with them!

Nothing to do with IKEA, the problem is with the fucked TeamGE/Toll/IPEC

I have just rung IKEA and they are telling TeamGE/Toll/IPEC
to attempt to deliver again and if that fails again, it will be
returned to IKEA and IKEA will send it using Australia Post.

> Bureaucracy is something about Sweden the Swedish hate as well but
> never change.

Re: mobile

<n58dlilitsgtdad38g1t66l5tscg0e1a91@4ax.com>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3842&group=aus.computers#3842

From: petzlx@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 10:13:38 +1100
References: <c4g3lidrccj2vc00ka65q70071nltb8css@4ax.com> <op.2ecxa9b8byq249@pvr2.lan> <kg55lidm5hk7fva82dnic2ea7upbq2b48p@4ax.com> <op.2edns6eobyq249@pvr2.lan> <sbq5lipgu5i6btfp35hd02u28874o3lchj@4ax.com> <op.2edumy1sbyq249@pvr2.lan> <8ud6lidjo1h4tmabaetosm7vd49qf6frc2@4ax.com> <op.2ee2vovgbyq249@pvr2.lan> <md18lillr0rs20oscplj7h62702b21lisc@4ax.com> <op.2efkful4byq249@pvr2.lan> <op.2einq6w1byq249@pvr2.lan> <ae3dlihkvmmdg6a1so4fo51eu5jc2op0u6@4ax.com> <op.2eiv4airbyq249@pvr2.lan>
 by: Petzl - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 23:13 UTC

On Fri, 17 Nov 2023 09:15:36 +1100, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote

>>> Turns out that what IKEA call Toll/IPEC calls themselves TeamGE
>>> and that they are completely fucking useless. BY FAR the worst
>>> operation I have ever had the misfortune to be saddled with.
>
>>> The useless fuckers dont give their drivers a mobile phone so that
>>> there is no way for the driver to ring your mobile when they can't
>>> work out where your house is. No one else is actually that stupid.
>
>>> The driver decided that there was no one home, but didnt
>>> even bother to knock on the fucking door and I made sure
>>> that I was always there all day and didnt even move away from
>>> the front door all day even for a piss and just dumped the parcel
>>> at the hub which is one of the newagents in the main street.
>
>>> That happed a few years ago with the same useless operation
>>> and has happened every single fucking time that a delivery has
>>> come using those useless fuckers.
>
>>> And while you can certainly ring that useless operation, they
>>> refuse to attempt a redelivery. After I demaned a supervisor,
>>> he did claim that I can get IKEA to request a redelivery, but
>>> I bet that the useless fuckers will just fail to delivery again.
>
>>> Haven't rung IKEA yet, too early yet. It will be interesting
>>> to see what their response is.
>
>>> And this is a service they charge $29 for, for a completely
>>> fucked 'service', 3 times what everyone else charges.
>
>> Sounds like IKEA have bought Swedish bureaucracy with them!
>
>Nothing to do with IKEA, the problem is with the fucked TeamGE/Toll/IPEC
>
>I have just rung IKEA and they are telling TeamGE/Toll/IPEC
>to attempt to deliver again and if that fails again, it will be
>returned to IKEA and IKEA will send it using Australia Post.

Just register with Australia post, they email and SMS/Text when it is
coming and show track url.
<https://auspost.com.au/mypost/beta/track/search>
That started with the Woman CEO who was sacked because she rewarded
staff found to be doing a good job.

--
Petzl
The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other

On March fourteenth, in the year of our Lord. Eighteen eighty three
Karl Marx made his most important contribution to mankind...
He died

There is no difference between communism and socialism,
except in the means of achieving the same ultimate end:
communism proposes to enslave men by force,
socialism - by vote.
It is merely the difference between murder and suicide
#Margaret Thatcher

Re: mobile

<op.2ei10fh4byq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3845&group=aus.computers#3845

From: rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 11:22:53 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 17 Nov 2023 00:22 UTC

Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>> Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
>>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote

>>> Sounds like IKEA have bought Swedish bureaucracy with them!

>> Nothing to do with IKEA, the problem is with the fucked TeamGE/Toll/IPEC

>> I have just rung IKEA and they are telling TeamGE/Toll/IPEC
>> to attempt to deliver again and if that fails again, it will be
>> returned to IKEA and IKEA will send it using Australia Post.

> Just register with Australia post, they email andSMS/Text when it is
> coming and show track url.
> <https://auspost.com.au/mypost/beta/track/search>

Yeah, I have been using that for years now.

Only works for tracked stuff tho.