An INK-LING? Sure -- TAKE one!! Did you BUY any COMMUNIST UNIFORMS??

aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...

SubjectAuthor
* Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...Peter Jason
+* Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...Noddy
|+* Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...Xeno
||`* Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...lindsay
|| +* Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...Noddy
|| |+- Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...Xeno
|| |+- Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...Gazz
|| |`- Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...Clocky
|| `- Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...alvey
|+* Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...Daryl
||`* Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...Noddy
|| `- Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...Xeno
|+* Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...Daryl
||+- Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...Xeno
||+* Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...Noddy
|||+* Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...Harry
|||`* Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...Daryl
||| `- Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...Xeno
||`- Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...BJ89
|`- Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...Barry75
`* Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...alvey
 `* Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...Trevor Wilson
> [...]
  ||    ||   +- Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...Xeno
  ||    ||   +- Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...Clocky
  ||    ||   `* Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...Clemmie
  ||    ||    `- Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...Xeno
  ||    |`- Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...Xeno
  ||    `- Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...Xeno
  |`- Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...KennyB
  `* Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...Noddy
   +- Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...Xeno
   `- Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...alvey

Pages:1234
Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...

<l5inmfFdanaU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33065&group=aus.cars#33065

From: xenolith@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and
Sydney...
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 21:54:07 +1100
 by: Xeno - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 10:54 UTC

On 15/3/2024 8:54 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 15/03/2024 11:49 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>> On 13/03/2024 7:43 am, Noddy wrote:
>
>>> And what does he tow his boat with? :)
>>
>> **Usually with his Merc ute. The RAM just sits on the road, down the
>> shops or is used for school pickup.
>
> Lot of money to spend *just* to do that, isn't it? You sure that's all
> he does with it, or is it all you *think* he does?
>
> Either way, what does it have to do with you?

Blocks the local street up with unjustified commercial vehicles.

>>> What exactly *is* the original design intent you're talking about,
>>> Trevor?
>>
>> **Good question. I have no fucking idea. They seem to be mostly used
>> for shopping and school pickups.
>
> Riiiiight. So you admit to having no idea what the original design
> intent of the vehicles in question actually is, but through some magic
> fuckery known only to you you know that "most" don't seem to be used for
> the intended purpose.

Trev already stated what most utes *aren't used for* - their original
design intent. The *factory* design intent was for the ute to be a
*light commercial vehicle* but the confusion arises when you look at the
marketing spiel. That seems to be aimed at something quite different
and, for the most part, that spiel seems to be aimed at people with
small penises, people like you. You know the type, people who don't have
a business case for a ute, who don't have a justification for a 4x4
because they never go off road, who just use a ute for general
*errands*, who need a ute as a salve to their inferiority complexes. In
this case, the bigger the ute the better - and your Ranger is the
absolute epitome of that!

> I don't know how you do that. It clearly takes a special skill :)
>
>>   You're obviously an expert on these vehicles, so perhaps you
>>> could fill us in? While you're at it, perhaps you could explain why
>>> it is that ute buyers have some bizarre obligation to justify their
>>> vehicle choice that, according to you, doesn't seem to extend to any
>>> other vehicle owner.
>>>
>>> Why is that, Trev?
>>
>> **Because they kill more pedestrians that other vehicles, they're
>> responsible for more parking incidents than other vehicles and they
>> just take up so much damned space.
>
> And how do you know all this, Trev?
>
> Certainly they are large and Ray Charles could have told you that. But
> how do you know the rest?

>>> Why does there need to be?
>>
>> **Asked and answered. They kill more pedestrians. They are fucking
>> dangerous.
>
> Again I ask you, how do you know this? Can you show a direct correlation
> between an increase in pedestrian deaths in this country with the
> introduction of these large American pick up trucks going on sale here?

More to the point, can you disprove it? As always, you're rather light
on proof.

>>   Why do you have your nose so far out of joint
>>> about what someone *else* chooses to spend their money on?
>>
>> **I don't care all that much what they spend their money on.
>
> Well, yeah. You do. Whinging about what some other people choose to buy
> is *exactly* what you're doing :)

*YOU* have been whinging about what others buy and use ever since you
first set your bullshit loose in aus.cars.

>  > My immediate neighbour is a builder. He has a Triton ute. It goes
> out every
>> day, packed with tools and building materials. He actually uses the
>> thing for work.
>
> So what? He could probably do the exact same thing with an old Ford
> Falcon or Holden Commodore station wagon. But he chooses *not* to, and
> that's what this is about. People being free to choose to drive what
> they like.

Ah, no he couldn't. You can't buy those any more. Know why you can't buy
those types of utes and wagons any more Darren? It's really simple, the
*target market*, ie. the people for whom they were intended to be sold
to stopped-buying-them. Why? Because they weren't fit for the purpose
and the target market rejected them, the *manufacturers* stopped making
them. It really is that simple.

>  > It doesn't get used for shopping, picking kids up from
>> school. Just work. The dickhead who owns the RAM just uses his to do
>> the shopping.
>
> I'm still trying to work out why you would care about this, when it
> doesn't seem to impact on you in any way.

He has already said that - it blocks up his local street.

> It's bizarre. It borders on penis envy.

Penis envy Darren? You've got to be joking! The only one with penis envy
here is you - you envy those with trade qualifications soooo much that
you have to falsely claim you've done 3 apprenticeships and have 2 trade
qualifications! Now *that* is *real penis envy*.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...

<l5is78Fdv9qU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33066&group=aus.cars#33066

From: dwalford@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Sydney...
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 23:11:20 +1100
 by: Daryl - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 12:11 UTC

On 15/3/2024 8:54 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 15/03/2024 11:49 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>> On 13/03/2024 7:43 am, Noddy wrote:
>
>>> And what does he tow his boat with? :)
>>
>> **Usually with his Merc ute. The RAM just sits on the road, down the
>> shops or is used for school pickup.
>
> Lot of money to spend *just* to do that, isn't it? You sure that's all
> he does with it, or is it all you *think* he does?
>
> Either way, what does it have to do with you?

>>> What exactly *is* the original design intent you're talking about,
>>> Trevor?
>>
>> **Good question. I have no fucking idea. They seem to be mostly used
>> for shopping and school pickups.
>
> Riiiiight. So you admit to having no idea what the original design
> intent of the vehicles in question actually is, but through some magic
> fuckery known only to you you know that "most" don't seem to be used for
> the intended purpose.
>
> I don't know how you do that. It clearly takes a special skill :)
>
>>   You're obviously an expert on these vehicles, so perhaps you
>>> could fill us in? While you're at it, perhaps you could explain why
>>> it is that ute buyers have some bizarre obligation to justify their
>>> vehicle choice that, according to you, doesn't seem to extend to any
>>> other vehicle owner.
>>>
>>> Why is that, Trev?
>>
>> **Because they kill more pedestrians that other vehicles, they're
>> responsible for more parking incidents than other vehicles and they
>> just take up so much damned space.
>
> And how do you know all this, Trev?
>
> Certainly they are large and Ray Charles could have told you that. But
> how do you know the rest?

>>> Why does there need to be?
>>
>> **Asked and answered. They kill more pedestrians. They are fucking
>> dangerous.
>
> Again I ask you, how do you know this? Can you show a direct correlation
> between an increase in pedestrian deaths in this country with the
> introduction of these large American pick up trucks going on sale here?

https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/system/files/media/documents/2024/mbfeb2024_01032024.pdf
I looked for data to see what I could find on the subject, I typed into
Google "pedestrian deaths by vehicle type" but didn't find anything
conclusive for Australia.
There was some research in the US suggesting that that if a pedestrian
is hit by a higher vehicles they are more likely to be seriously or
fatally injured but since we have very few US style vehicles in
Australia and our road rules are very different to those in the US so
the US data is not relevant here.
Might change if large numbers of US pickups are sold here but that seems
very unlikely.
In the above pdf doc page 6 it seems that the majority of pedestrian
deaths still involves "cars", light commercial vehicle involved in
pedestrian deaths are approx half the number involving "cars".
I didn't see anything in the report that defined what a car is but most
likely it includes smaller SUVs.
When I was a kid I was taught how to cross a road and not get hit by a
car, maybe we should educate people on taking responsibility for their
own actions and not just blame someone else, in a very high number of
pedestrian accidents the fault is with the pedestrian yet somehow its
the responsibility of car makers and drivers to do something about it
which seems rather fucked up to me.

--
Daryl

Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...

<l5jutqFj7c4U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33067&group=aus.cars#33067

From: trevor@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Sydney...
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 09:03:39 +1100
 by: Trevor Wilson - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 22:03 UTC

On 15/03/2024 8:54 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 15/03/2024 11:49 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>> On 13/03/2024 7:43 am, Noddy wrote:
>
>>> And what does he tow his boat with? :)
>>
>> **Usually with his Merc ute. The RAM just sits on the road, down the
>> shops or is used for school pickup.
>
> Lot of money to spend *just* to do that, isn't it? You sure that's all
> he does with it, or is it all you *think* he does?

**It sits there all day on weekdays. The truck goes out on weekdays. I
see the RAM at the local shopping centre or on school pickups. That's
it. It looks nice and shiny all the time.

> Either way, what does it have to do with you?

**The RAM is dangerous to pedestrians and occupies insane amounts of
space in the local shopping centre car park. It doesn't fit within the
bounds of a standard parking space.

>>> What exactly *is* the original design intent you're talking about,
>>> Trevor?
>>
>> **Good question. I have no fucking idea. They seem to be mostly used
>> for shopping and school pickups.
>
> Riiiiight. So you admit to having no idea what the original design
> intent of the vehicles in question actually is, but through some magic
> fuckery known only to you you know that "most" don't seem to be used for
> the intended purpose.
>
> I don't know how you do that. It clearly takes a special skill :)

**I see a huge number of the the things at school pickup and drop off
and at the local shops. Whilst doing those things, they are not being
used for work purposes. They are just taking up space and risking the
lives of pedestrians.

>>   You're obviously an expert on these vehicles, so perhaps you
>>> could fill us in? While you're at it, perhaps you could explain why
>>> it is that ute buyers have some bizarre obligation to justify their
>>> vehicle choice that, according to you, doesn't seem to extend to any
>>> other vehicle owner.
>>>
>>> Why is that, Trev?
>>
>> **Because they kill more pedestrians that other vehicles, they're
>> responsible for more parking incidents than other vehicles and they
>> just take up so much damned space.
>
> And how do you know all this, Trev?

**From the published data:

https://www.iihs.org/news/detail/vehicles-with-higher-more-vertical-front-ends-pose-greater-risk-to-pedestrians

> Certainly they are large and Ray Charles could have told you that. But
> how do you know the rest?

**
https://www.iihs.org/news/detail/vehicles-with-higher-more-vertical-front-ends-pose-greater-risk-to-pedestrians

>>> Why does there need to be?
>>
>> **Asked and answered. They kill more pedestrians. They are fucking
>> dangerous.
>
> Again I ask you, how do you know this? Can you show a direct correlation
> between an increase in pedestrian deaths in this country with the
> introduction of these large American pick up trucks going on sale here?

**
https://www.iihs.org/news/detail/vehicles-with-higher-more-vertical-front-ends-pose-greater-risk-to-pedestrians

>>   Why do you have your nose so far out of joint
>>> about what someone *else* chooses to spend their money on?
>>
>> **I don't care all that much what they spend their money on.
>
> Well, yeah. You do. Whinging about what some other people choose to buy
> is *exactly* what you're doing :)

**I don't care what people spend their money on, UNTIL it impinges on my
way of life. Like, for instance, Jetskis. I don't mind people wasting
their money on jetskis, UNLESS they decide hoon up and down the river on
a quiet Sunday morning. Then I get pissed off. Why should 20,000 people
suffer the disturbance of jetskis just to satisfy the desires of one
selfish cunt?

>  > My immediate neighbour is a builder. He has a Triton ute. It goes
> out every
>> day, packed with tools and building materials. He actually uses the
>> thing for work.
>
> So what? He could probably do the exact same thing with an old Ford
> Falcon or Holden Commodore station wagon. But he chooses *not* to, and
> that's what this is about. People being free to choose to drive what
> they like.
>
>  > It doesn't get used for shopping, picking kids up from
>> school. Just work. The dickhead who owns the RAM just uses his to do
>> the shopping.
>
> I'm still trying to work out why you would care about this, when it
> doesn't seem to impact on you in any way.

**Asked and answered.

> It's bizarre. It borders on penis envy.

Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...

<ut2i8e$2gj91$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33068&group=aus.cars#33068

From: me@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Sydney...
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 09:31:39 +1100
 by: Noddy - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 22:31 UTC

On 16/03/2024 9:03 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 15/03/2024 8:54 pm, Noddy wrote:

>> Lot of money to spend *just* to do that, isn't it? You sure that's all
>> he does with it, or is it all you *think* he does?
>
> **It sits there all day on weekdays. The truck goes out on weekdays. I
> see the RAM at the local shopping centre or on school pickups. That's
> it. It looks nice and shiny all the time.

So, you see it every time it gets used, or just occasionally?

>> Either way, what does it have to do with you?
>
> **The RAM is dangerous to pedestrians and occupies insane amounts of
> space in the local shopping centre car park. It doesn't fit within the
> bounds of a standard parking space.

Here's a free tip: *every* vehicle on the road is "dangerous" to
pedestrians, and people have been killed from being struck by a push
bike. I can also guarantee you that I will see someone in a regular car
parked like a complete *cunt* every time I go to my local shopping centre.

Still, what any of that has to do with you is a complete mystery.

>>> **Good question. I have no fucking idea. They seem to be mostly used
>>> for shopping and school pickups.
>>
>> Riiiiight. So you admit to having no idea what the original design
>> intent of the vehicles in question actually is, but through some magic
>> fuckery known only to you you know that "most" don't seem to be used
>> for the intended purpose.
>>
>> I don't know how you do that. It clearly takes a special skill :)
>
> **I see a huge number of the the things at school pickup and drop off
> and at the local shops. Whilst doing those things, they are not being
> used for work purposes. They are just taking up space and risking the
> lives of pedestrians.

Where is it written *anywhere* that any ute has to be used for "work
purposes"? I don't work, and my ute spends most of it's time moving my
fat arse around or dropping kids off at school and if that's all you saw
you'd be reaching false conclusions.

I use it to tow and haul crap whenever I *need* to, which is precisely
what any ute you see may be doing whenever you're *not* watching them :)

>>> **Because they kill more pedestrians that other vehicles, they're
>>> responsible for more parking incidents than other vehicles and they
>>> just take up so much damned space.
>>
>> And how do you know all this, Trev?
>
> **From the published data:
>
> https://www.iihs.org/news/detail/vehicles-with-higher-more-vertical-front-ends-pose-greater-risk-to-pedestrians

Nowhere in that report does it single out pickup trucks specifically,
and moreover it mentions nothing about this country which is the focus
of this conversation.

>> Certainly they are large and Ray Charles could have told you that. But
>> how do you know the rest?
>
> **
> https://www.iihs.org/news/detail/vehicles-with-higher-more-vertical-front-ends-pose-greater-risk-to-pedestrians

Again, data from the US isn't relative to here.

>>> **Asked and answered. They kill more pedestrians. They are fucking
>>> dangerous.
>>
>> Again I ask you, how do you know this? Can you show a direct
>> correlation between an increase in pedestrian deaths in this country
>> with the introduction of these large American pick up trucks going on
>> sale here?
>
> **
> https://www.iihs.org/news/detail/vehicles-with-higher-more-vertical-front-ends-pose-greater-risk-to-pedestrians

Do you have anything local Trev?

>>>   Why do you have your nose so far out of joint
>>>
>>> **I don't care all that much what they spend their money on.
>>
>> Well, yeah. You do. Whinging about what some other people choose to
>> buy is *exactly* what you're doing :)
>
> **I don't care what people spend their money on, UNTIL it impinges on my
> way of life. Like, for instance, Jetskis. I  don't mind people wasting
> their money on jetskis, UNLESS they decide hoon up and down the river on
> a quiet Sunday morning. Then I get pissed off. Why should 20,000 people
> suffer the disturbance of jetskis just to satisfy the desires of one
> selfish cunt?

Lol :)

I'm getting an image of you as the grumpy old man from the movie "Up".

Want some balloons? :)

>>   > It doesn't get used for shopping, picking kids up from
>>> school. Just work. The dickhead who owns the RAM just uses his to do
>>> the shopping.
>>
>> I'm still trying to work out why you would care about this, when it
>> doesn't seem to impact on you in any way.
>
> **Asked and answered.

You always resort to this when cornered, and it's always a cop out
whenever you use it. You get asked, but you *seldom* answer with
anything relevant to the question asked of you.

Quite simply, what other people drive has no impact on you any more than
what *you* drive impacts anyone else. You're just one of these blokes
who doesn't like what some other people do, and look for excuses to
justify that hatred.

Most of it comes off as being utterly ridiculous.
Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...

<l5k1acFjft9U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33069&group=aus.cars#33069

From: dwalford@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Sydney...
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 09:44:28 +1100
 by: Daryl - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 22:44 UTC

On 16/3/2024 9:03 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 15/03/2024 8:54 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> **Usually with his Merc ute. The RAM just sits on the road, down the
>>> shops or is used for school pickup.
>>
>> Lot of money to spend *just* to do that, isn't it? You sure that's all
>> he does with it, or is it all you *think* he does?
>
> **It sits there all day on weekdays. The truck goes out on weekdays. I
> see the RAM at the local shopping centre or on school pickups. That's
> it. It looks nice and shiny all the time.
>

>> Either way, what does it have to do with you?
>
> **The RAM is dangerous to pedestrians and occupies insane amounts of
> space in the local shopping centre car park. It doesn't fit within the
> bounds of a standard parking space.

>>> **Good question. I have no fucking idea. They seem to be mostly used
>>> for shopping and school pickups.
>>
>> Riiiiight. So you admit to having no idea what the original design
>> intent of the vehicles in question actually is, but through some magic
>> fuckery known only to you you know that "most" don't seem to be used
>> for the intended purpose.
>>
>> I don't know how you do that. It clearly takes a special skill :)
>
> **I see a huge number of the the things at school pickup and drop off
> and at the local shops. Whilst doing those things, they are not being
> used for work purposes. They are just taking up space and risking the
> lives of pedestrians.

What are you doing hanging around school pick up areas to make such
observations?
If your observation skills were as good as you claim you should have
noted that vehicle type isn't the problem at school pick ups, having
managed a school cleaning business for 25yrs plus having 2 sons and 2
school age Grand Kids I've spent a lot of time around schools and my
observation is that the biggest problem isn't the vehicles its the
drivers, they always seem to be impatient and in a hurry and that
doesn't vary with vehicle type.
I recently picked up my oldest grand son from school, the car park was
small with only about 25 cars, the majority of vehicles were small SUV's
and hatchbacks, out of 25 there may have been 5 utes and I was driving
by far the biggest ute, I had spent the day with my mate from Qld and
the only vehicle available to me was his 79 series Landcruiser.
Love the 4.5lt V8 turbo diesel, my grandson thought that it was very cool:-)

>>>   You're obviously an expert on these vehicles, so perhaps you

>>> **Because they kill more pedestrians that other vehicles, they're
>>> responsible for more parking incidents than other vehicles and they
>>> just take up so much damned space.
>>
>> And how do you know all this, Trev?
>
> **From the published data:
>
> https://www.iihs.org/news/detail/vehicles-with-higher-more-vertical-front-ends-pose-greater-risk-to-pedestrians

US data is not relevant in Australia, our road and vehicle design rules
are different and we have very few US vehicles here.
Try finding data on pedestrian deaths and vehicle type, its not easy to
find anything recent.

--
Daryl

Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...

<l5k5trFk8fdU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33070&group=aus.cars#33070

From: xenolith@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Sydney...
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 11:03:07 +1100
 by: Xeno - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 00:03 UTC

On 16/3/2024 9:31 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 16/03/2024 9:03 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>> On 15/03/2024 8:54 pm, Noddy wrote:
>
>>> Lot of money to spend *just* to do that, isn't it? You sure that's
>>> all he does with it, or is it all you *think* he does?
>>
>> **It sits there all day on weekdays. The truck goes out on weekdays. I
>> see the RAM at the local shopping centre or on school pickups. That's
>> it. It looks nice and shiny all the time.
>
> So, you see it every time it gets used, or just occasionally?
>
>>> Either way, what does it have to do with you?
>>
>> **The RAM is dangerous to pedestrians and occupies insane amounts of
>> space in the local shopping centre car park. It doesn't fit within the
>> bounds of a standard parking space.
>
> Here's a free tip: *every* vehicle on the road is "dangerous" to
> pedestrians, and people have been killed from being struck by a push
> bike. I can also guarantee you that I will see someone in a regular car
> parked like a complete *cunt* every time I go to my local shopping centre.
>
> Still, what any of that has to do with you is a complete mystery.

>>> Riiiiight. So you admit to having no idea what the original design
>>> intent of the vehicles in question actually is, but through some
>>> magic fuckery known only to you you know that "most" don't seem to be
>>> used for the intended purpose.
>>>
>>> I don't know how you do that. It clearly takes a special skill :)
>>
>> **I see a huge number of the the things at school pickup and drop off
>> and at the local shops. Whilst doing those things, they are not being
>> used for work purposes. They are just taking up space and risking the
>> lives of pedestrians.
>
> Where is it written *anywhere* that any ute has to be used for "work
> purposes"? I don't work, and my ute spends most of it's time moving my
> fat arse around or dropping kids off at school and if that's all you saw

Yep, the pretend businessman pretending also to be a tradie. Got you
worked out, nice to see you admit it.

> you'd be reaching false conclusions.

In your case? Nah!

> I use it to tow and haul crap whenever I *need* to, which is precisely
> what any ute you see may be doing whenever you're *not* watching them :)

In a blue moon and all that!

>>> And how do you know all this, Trev?
>>
>> **From the published data:
>>
>> https://www.iihs.org/news/detail/vehicles-with-higher-more-vertical-front-ends-pose-greater-risk-to-pedestrians
>
> Nowhere in that report does it single out pickup trucks specifically,
> and moreover it mentions nothing about this country which is the focus
> of this conversation.

Trends are moving.

>>> Certainly they are large and Ray Charles could have told you that.
>>> But how do you know the rest?
>>
>> **
>> https://www.iihs.org/news/detail/vehicles-with-higher-more-vertical-front-ends-pose-greater-risk-to-pedestrians
>
> Again, data from the US isn't relative to here.

So much you know about research. Data can be relevant to anywhere - as
long as suitable adjustments are made.

>>> Again I ask you, how do you know this? Can you show a direct
>>> correlation between an increase in pedestrian deaths in this country
>>> with the introduction of these large American pick up trucks going on
>>> sale here?
>>
>> **
>> https://www.iihs.org/news/detail/vehicles-with-higher-more-vertical-front-ends-pose-greater-risk-to-pedestrians
>
> Do you have anything local Trev?

Any current 4x4 ute has a high bonnet profile and poor visibility out
front. Most utes on sale *here* are therefore at higher risk factors.
These risk factors are *worsened* when the poseurs *jack the utes up*,
ostensibly seeking greater ground clearance for off-roading - something
most will never see. Any jacking raises the CofG and increases the risk
of rollover on the highway.

>>> Well, yeah. You do. Whinging about what some other people choose to
>>> buy is *exactly* what you're doing :)
>>
>> **I don't care what people spend their money on, UNTIL it impinges on
>> my way of life. Like, for instance, Jetskis. I  don't mind people
>> wasting their money on jetskis, UNLESS they decide hoon up and down
>> the river on a quiet Sunday morning. Then I get pissed off. Why should
>> 20,000 people suffer the disturbance of jetskis just to satisfy the
>> desires of one selfish cunt?
>
> Lol :)
>
> I'm getting an image of you as the grumpy old man from the movie "Up".

The grumpy old (crippled) man here is you.

> Want some balloons? :)
>

>>>   > It doesn't get used for shopping, picking kids up from
>>>
>>> I'm still trying to work out why you would care about this, when it
>>> doesn't seem to impact on you in any way.
>>
>> **Asked and answered.
>
> You always resort to this when cornered, and it's always a cop out
> whenever you use it. You get asked, but you *seldom* answer with
> anything relevant to the question asked of you.

Well, how about proof of your long term grandiose claims of trade
qualifications then? You have *never* come up with an answer to those
questions when asked of *you*. In fact, all *you* ever do is *run away*.

> Quite simply, what other people drive has no impact on you any more than
> what *you* drive impacts anyone else. You're just one of these blokes
> who doesn't like what some other people do, and look for excuses to
> justify that hatred.
>
> Most of it comes off as being utterly ridiculous.

The above bullshit from the person who was the most critical of what
other people do - at least until you were proven the be the greatest
bullshit artist on the planet.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...

<l5k6ibFk8fdU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33071&group=aus.cars#33071

From: xenolith@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Sydney...
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 11:14:03 +1100
 by: Xeno - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 00:14 UTC

On 16/3/2024 9:03 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 15/03/2024 8:54 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> **Usually with his Merc ute. The RAM just sits on the road, down the
>>> shops or is used for school pickup.
>>
>> Lot of money to spend *just* to do that, isn't it? You sure that's all
>> he does with it, or is it all you *think* he does?
>
> **It sits there all day on weekdays. The truck goes out on weekdays. I
> see the RAM at the local shopping centre or on school pickups. That's
> it. It looks nice and shiny all the time.
>

>> Either way, what does it have to do with you?
>
> **The RAM is dangerous to pedestrians and occupies insane amounts of
> space in the local shopping centre car park. It doesn't fit within the
> bounds of a standard parking space.

>>> **Good question. I have no fucking idea. They seem to be mostly used
>>> for shopping and school pickups.
>>
>> Riiiiight. So you admit to having no idea what the original design
>> intent of the vehicles in question actually is, but through some magic
>> fuckery known only to you you know that "most" don't seem to be used
>> for the intended purpose.
>>
>> I don't know how you do that. It clearly takes a special skill :)
>
> **I see a huge number of the the things at school pickup and drop off
> and at the local shops. Whilst doing those things, they are not being
> used for work purposes. They are just taking up space and risking the
> lives of pedestrians.
>

>>>   You're obviously an expert on these vehicles, so perhaps you

>>> **Because they kill more pedestrians that other vehicles, they're
>>> responsible for more parking incidents than other vehicles and they
>>> just take up so much damned space.
>>
>> And how do you know all this, Trev?
>
> **From the published data:
>
> https://www.iihs.org/news/detail/vehicles-with-higher-more-vertical-front-ends-pose-greater-risk-to-pedestrians

Darren is too stupid to realise that data applies equally in *any* area
of the world. Design of the frontal area of *cars* was modified to
minimise pedestrian injuries. Commercial vehicles, including utes, were
not subject to such design changes. Even if they were, the trend to
fitting bull bars to utes mitigates any advantages gained in front end
design with respect to accident amelioration.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...

<ut2rsk$2i8on$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33072&group=aus.cars#33072

From: me@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Sydney...
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 12:16:01 +1100
 by: Noddy - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 01:16 UTC

On 16/03/2024 9:44 am, Daryl wrote:
> On 16/3/2024 9:03 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:

>> **I see a huge number of the the things at school pickup and drop off
>> and at the local shops. Whilst doing those things, they are not being
>> used for work purposes. They are just taking up space and risking the
>> lives of pedestrians.
>
> What are you doing hanging around school pick up areas to make such
> observations?
> If your observation skills were as good as you claim you should have
> noted that vehicle type isn't the problem at school pick ups, having
> managed a school cleaning business for 25yrs plus having 2 sons and 2
> school age Grand Kids I've spent a lot of time around schools and my
> observation is that the biggest problem isn't the vehicles its the
> drivers, they always seem to be impatient and in a hurry and that
> doesn't vary with vehicle type.

Agreed.

> I recently picked up my oldest grand son from school, the car park was
> small with only about 25 cars, the majority of vehicles were small SUV's
> and hatchbacks, out of 25 there may have been 5 utes and I was driving
> by far the biggest ute, I had spent the day with my mate from Qld and
> the only vehicle available to me was his 79 series Landcruiser.
> Love the 4.5lt V8 turbo diesel, my grandson thought that it was very
> cool:-)

Lol :)

Same here. I'll pick my kid up from school if I'm in the area at around
the right time and that's not often, but whenever I do most of the cars
there seem to be a mix of sedans, SUVs's (a term I fucking *hate) and
people mover vans. In fact utes of any variety are definitely the
minority, and there are usually more vans than utes.

>>> And how do you know all this, Trev?
>>
>> **From the published data:
>>
>> https://www.iihs.org/news/detail/vehicles-with-higher-more-vertical-front-ends-pose-greater-risk-to-pedestrians
>>

> US data is not relevant in Australia, our road and vehicle design rules
> are different and we have very few US vehicles here.
> Try finding data on pedestrian deaths and vehicle type, its not easy to
> find anything recent.

It's always difficult trying to relate US data to here, as they have
different vehicle regulations, different laws, and a *way* different mix
of mainstream vehicles. As I said in another post, if there was any
correlation between the introduction of American utes on Aussie roads
with a rise in pedestrian fatalities then I could certainly accept that
they represent an increased risk, but no such data apparently exists
which tells me that the theory is exactly that and nothing more.

It's also important to bear in mind that not everything with a high
bonnet represents an increased risk, and I presented ANCAP data a couple
of months ago which showed that in pedestrian tests things like Ford
Rangers and Toyota Hilux's actually had a better overall pedestrian
safety rating than some common cars with bonnet heights that were
significantly lower. Of course, the haters will cherry pick those
results to create a false narrative while offering nothing to support
their own claims.

As they usually do....

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...

<ut2tna$2ii98$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33073&group=aus.cars#33073

From: Hans.Andnees@gmail.com (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Sydney...
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 11:47:21 +1000
 by: alvey - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 01:47 UTC

Noddy wrote:

snip loadacrap

A Fraudster argument is like a pinball machine. He ricochets all over
the place but inevitably goes into a black hole.

alvey

Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...

<ut2u6q$2il1i$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33074&group=aus.cars#33074

From: Hans.Andnees@gmail.com (Sheila38)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Sydney...
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 11:55:38 +1000
 by: Sheila38 - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 01:55 UTC

Noddy wrote:

> ....while offering nothing to support their own claims.
>
> As they usually do....

No doubt about this diagnosis. Fraudster has the biggest irony
deficiency ever recorded.

What a buffoon you are Fraudster.

alvey

Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...

<ut2uha$2in8g$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33075&group=aus.cars#33075

From: Hans.Andnees@gmail.com (Calvin)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Sydney...
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 12:01:13 +1000
 by: Calvin - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 02:01 UTC

Noddy wrote:
> On 14/03/2024 10:20 am, Keithr0 wrote:
>> On 13/03/2024 4:18 pm, Noddy wrote:
>
>>  >>> How the hell would you have the *slightest* idea what anyone
>> other than yourself uses their vehicle for? 🙂
>>  >>
>>  >> Probably the same was as you do.
>>  >
>>  > Who said I do? Certainly not me 🙂
>>
>> I know that you don't say that you do, but that doesn't mean that you
>> don't.
>
> Bullshit Keith :) I can only speak with authority about my own
> experiences,

Errr big problem there Fraudster. Just about all of your "experiences"
are total fabrications.

alvey
Recalling pml over his drag racing "experience".

Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...

<ut2utl$2ioo5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33076&group=aus.cars#33076

From: Hans.Andnees@gmail.com (Itsken)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Sydney...
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 12:07:48 +1000
 by: Itsken - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 02:07 UTC

Noddy wrote:

> Why you drive what *you* want to is your business, but thinking you know
> why *other* people drive what *they* do just makes you look foolish and
> insecure.

Major LOL (and loud snorting)

You are *such* a dazzlingly hypocritical buffoon Fraudster! If I had a
dollar for every time you sneered about why I chose my rides I'd be able
to buy a couple of cases of decent champagne.

alvey

Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...

<ut2v41$2iqi5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33077&group=aus.cars#33077

From: Hans.Andnees@gmail.com (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Sydney...
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 12:11:12 +1000
 by: alvey - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 02:11 UTC

Noddy wrote:

> People can agree or not as they see fit but the reality is that while I
> may comment about what people choose to drive from a piss taking
> perspective, what they choose to own is *their* business and you won't
> ever see me claim that their use is unjustified or not for the "intended
> purpose".

I doubt whether a combined Rosetta Stone & Babel fish could convert that
to comprehensible English.

alvey

Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...

<ut2vh8$2islu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33078&group=aus.cars#33078

From: Hans.Andnees@gmail.com (Clemmie)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Sydney...
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 12:18:15 +1000
 by: Clemmie - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 02:18 UTC

Noddy wrote:
> How many times do you need to be told that you're nothing but an
> irrelevant little whiny cunt before it actually registers with you?
>
> You're not part of this group, and you never have been. Do everyone a
> favour and just fuck off....

lol.
Monster trucks, monster dummy spit by The Fraud.

As you've told others a zillion times Fraudster, "If you don't like it,
feel free to fuck off".

Off you go then.

alvey

Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...

<l5kebjFlipbU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33079&group=aus.cars#33079

From: xenolith@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Sydney...
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 13:26:59 +1100
 by: Xeno - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 02:26 UTC

On 16/3/2024 12:47 pm, alvey wrote:
> Noddy wrote:
>
> snip loadacrap
>

> A Fraudster argument is like a pinball machine. He ricochets all over
> the place but inevitably goes into a black hole.
>

> alvey

An appropriate a description of Darren!

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...

<l5keg1FlipbU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33080&group=aus.cars#33080

From: xenolith@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Sydney...
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 13:29:20 +1100
 by: Xeno - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 02:29 UTC

On 16/3/2024 1:18 pm, Clemmie wrote:
> Noddy wrote:
>> How many times do you need to be told that you're nothing but an
>> irrelevant little whiny cunt before it actually registers with you?
>>
>> You're not part of this group, and you never have been. Do everyone a
>> favour and just fuck off....
>
> lol.
> Monster trucks, monster dummy spit by The Fraud.
>
> As you've told others a zillion times Fraudster, "If you don't like it,
> feel free to fuck off".
>
> Off you go then.

If only!

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...

<l5kelfFlipbU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33081&group=aus.cars#33081

From: xenolith@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Sydney...
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 13:32:15 +1100
 by: Xeno - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 02:32 UTC

On 16/3/2024 1:01 pm, Calvin wrote:
> Noddy wrote:
>> On 14/03/2024 10:20 am, Keithr0 wrote:
>>> On 13/03/2024 4:18 pm, Noddy wrote:
>>
>>>  >>> How the hell would you have the *slightest* idea what anyone
>>> other than yourself uses their vehicle for? 🙂
>>>  >>
>>>  >> Probably the same was as you do.
>>>  >
>>>  > Who said I do? Certainly not me 🙂
>>>
>>> I know that you don't say that you do, but that doesn't mean that you
>>> don't.
>>
>> Bullshit Keith :) I can only speak with authority about my own
>> experiences,
>
> Errr big problem there Fraudster. Just about all of your "experiences"
> are total fabrications.
>

> alvey
> Recalling pml over his drag racing "experience".

I like his motor trade experience - in a business that never existed
anywhere except in his own imagination - just like his apprenticeships
(plural) and trade qualifications.

It's sad indeed to see such an insecure grown man carry on as Darren
does. Embarrassing even!

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Plan to tax monster utes, SUVs into oblivion in Melbourne and Sydney...

<l5keseFlipbU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33082&group=aus.cars#33082

From: xenolith@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Sydney...
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 13:35:57 +1100
 by: Xeno - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 02:35 UTC

On 16/3/2024 1:07 pm, Itsken wrote:
> Noddy wrote:
>

>> Why you drive what *you* want to is your business, but thinking you
>> know why *other* people drive what *they* do just makes you look
>> foolish and insecure.
>
> Major LOL (and loud snorting)
>
> You are *such* a dazzlingly hypocritical buffoon Fraudster! If I had a
> dollar for every time you sneered about why I chose my rides I'd be able
> to buy a couple of cases of decent champagne.

Not to forget his *constant* denigration of Toyotas. The sales figures
alone of Toyota vehicles makes him look a total buffoon.