If you go out of your mind, do it quietly, so as not to disturb those around you.

aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: Ford F150 fail...

SubjectAuthor
* Ford F150 fail...Clocky
+* Re: Ford F150 fail...Mighty Mouse
|`* Re: Ford F150 fail...Clocky
| +* Re: Ford F150 fail...Xeno
| |`- Re: Ford F150 fail...Mighty Mouse
| `- Re: Ford F150 fail...Mighty Mouse
+* Re: Ford F150 fail...Ozix
|`- Re: Ford F150 fail...Mighty Mouse
`* Re: Ford F150 fail...Xeno
 +* Re: Ford F150 fail...Mighty Mouse
 |`* Re: Ford F150 fail...Xeno
 | `- Re: Ford F150 fail...Mighty Mouse
 `* Re: Ford F150 fail...lindsay
  `* Re: Ford F150 fail...Noddy
   +* Re: Ford F150 fail...Xeno
   |`- Re: Ford F150 fail...Mighty Mouse
   `- Re: Ford F150 fail...alvey

1
Ford F150 fail...

<uof6hp$3cdq1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32530&group=aus.cars#32530

From: notgonna@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Ford F150 fail...
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 09:09:39 +0800
 by: Clocky - Sat, 20 Jan 2024 01:09 UTC

Typical Ford 'quality'... intermediate shaft detaching from the rack
while driving sounds like fun. I'm surprised Ford didn't try to hide it
as a service rework or blame the customer this time. That's progress.

https://www.vehiclerecalls.gov.au/recalls/rec-005876

I don't remember MG having this issue :-)

--
In thread "May need to buy petrol soon" Sept 23 2021 11:15:59am
Keithr0 wrote: "He made the assertion either he proves it or he is a

On Sept 23 2021 3:16:29pm Keithr0 wrote:
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if it is unproven, he is lying."

Re: Ford F150 fail...

<l10pqkF9ffpU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32531&group=aus.cars#32531

From: "squeak!"@thecheesefactory.com (Mighty Mouse)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: Ford F150 fail...
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 13:35:00 +1100
 by: Mighty Mouse - Sat, 20 Jan 2024 02:35 UTC

Clocky wrote:
> Typical Ford 'quality'... intermediate shaft detaching from the rack
> while driving sounds like fun. I'm surprised Ford didn't try to hide
> it as a service rework or blame the customer this time. That's progress.
>
> https://www.vehiclerecalls.gov.au/recalls/rec-005876

"A loss of steering control could increase the risk of an accident
causing injury or death to vehicle occupants and/or other road users".
Oh, really?

> I don't remember MG having this issue :-)

:)

--
Have a nice day!..

Re: Ford F150 fail...

<uofd9d$3h4b3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32532&group=aus.cars#32532

From: notgonna@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 11:04:47 +0800
 by: Clocky - Sat, 20 Jan 2024 03:04 UTC

On 20/01/2024 10:35 am, Mighty Mouse wrote:
> Clocky wrote:
>> Typical Ford 'quality'... intermediate shaft detaching from the rack
>> while driving sounds like fun. I'm surprised Ford didn't try to hide
>> it as a service rework or blame the customer this time. That's progress.
>>
>> https://www.vehiclerecalls.gov.au/recalls/rec-005876
>
> "A loss of steering control could increase the risk of an accident
> causing injury or death to vehicle occupants and/or other road users".
> Oh, really?

The Ranger has a different fault...

"A sudden stop whilst driving at low speed and the rear brake lamps not
illuminating as intended, could increase the potential risk of an
accident, causing injury or death to vehicle occupants and other road
users."

https://www.vehiclerecalls.gov.au/recalls/rec-005759

It's not just typical Ford driving mongs that are out to get you, their
monster bogan shit boxes are too!

--
In thread "May need to buy petrol soon" Sept 23 2021 11:15:59am
Keithr0 wrote: "He made the assertion either he proves it or he is a
proven liar."

On Sept 23 2021 3:16:29pm Keithr0 wrote:
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if it is unproven, he is lying."

Re: Ford F150 fail...

<65ab6547$1@news.ausics.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32533&group=aus.cars#32533

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: ozix@xizo.am (Ozix)
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 14:16:39 +0800
 by: Ozix - Sat, 20 Jan 2024 06:16 UTC

Clocky wrote:
> Typical Ford 'quality'... intermediate shaft detaching from the rack
> while driving sounds like fun. I'm surprised Ford didn't try to hide it
> as a service rework or blame the customer this time. That's progress.
>
> https://www.vehiclerecalls.gov.au/recalls/rec-005876
>
> I don't remember MG having this issue :-)

And Tesla 3 sales have been suspended due to a child restraint problem,
serious enough to fail ADR.
I haven.t heard Elon's response.

Re: Ford F150 fail...

<l11ojiFf2f0U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32534&group=aus.cars#32534

From: xenolith@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 22:20:17 +1100
 by: Xeno - Sat, 20 Jan 2024 11:20 UTC

On 20/1/2024 12:09 pm, Clocky wrote:
> Typical Ford 'quality'... intermediate shaft detaching from the rack
> while driving sounds like fun. I'm surprised Ford didn't try to hide it
> as a service rework or blame the customer this time. That's progress.
>
> https://www.vehiclerecalls.gov.au/recalls/rec-005876

It looks like the real issue is at RMA Automotive, the company
contracted to do the RHD to LHD conversions.

> I don't remember MG having this issue :-)

Heritage, the MG was originally designed by Poms for the world market.

Toyota is doing the RHD to LHD conversion on the Tundra too but are not
rushing into it. The Ford experience is what they want to avoid I guess.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Ford F150 fail...

<l11oufFf2f0U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32535&group=aus.cars#32535

From: xenolith@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 22:26:07 +1100
 by: Xeno - Sat, 20 Jan 2024 11:26 UTC

On 20/1/2024 2:04 pm, Clocky wrote:
> On 20/01/2024 10:35 am, Mighty Mouse wrote:
>> Clocky wrote:
>>> Typical Ford 'quality'... intermediate shaft detaching from the rack
>>> while driving sounds like fun. I'm surprised Ford didn't try to hide
>>> it as a service rework or blame the customer this time. That's progress.
>>>
>>> https://www.vehiclerecalls.gov.au/recalls/rec-005876
>>
>> "A loss of steering control could increase the risk of an accident
>> causing injury or death to vehicle occupants and/or other road users".
>> Oh, really?
>>

> The Ranger has a different fault...
>
> "A sudden stop whilst driving at low speed and the rear brake lamps not
> illuminating as intended, could increase the potential risk of an
> accident, causing injury or death to vehicle occupants and other road
> users."
>
> https://www.vehiclerecalls.gov.au/recalls/rec-005759

Just the other day, right outside the supermarket, I saw a car wedged
under the arse of a new Ranger. Certainly jacked up the rear suspension
on the Ranger! ;-)

I wonder if the rear brake lights were the cause of that little bingle?

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Ford F150 fail...

<l13b4cFoengU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32537&group=aus.cars#32537

From: "squeak!"@thecheesefactory.com (Mighty Mouse)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 12:42:36 +1100
 by: Mighty Mouse - Sun, 21 Jan 2024 01:42 UTC

Clocky wrote:
> On 20/01/2024 10:35 am, Mighty Mouse wrote:
>> Clocky wrote:
>>> Typical Ford 'quality'... intermediate shaft detaching from the rack
>>> while driving sounds like fun. I'm surprised Ford didn't try to hide
>>> it as a service rework or blame the customer this time. That's
>>> progress.
>>>
>>> https://www.vehiclerecalls.gov.au/recalls/rec-005876
>>
>> "A loss of steering control could increase the risk of an accident
>> causing injury or death to vehicle occupants and/or other road
>> users". Oh, really?
>>

> The Ranger has a different fault...
>
> "A sudden stop whilst driving at low speed and the rear brake lamps
> not illuminating as intended, could increase the potential risk of an
> accident, causing injury or death to vehicle occupants and other road
> users."
>
> https://www.vehiclerecalls.gov.au/recalls/rec-005759
>

> It's not just typical Ford driving mongs that are out to get you,
> their monster bogan shit boxes are too!

both are a menace on the roads!

--
Have a nice day!..

Re: Ford F150 fail...

<l13bdhFog0kU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32538&group=aus.cars#32538

From: "squeak!"@thecheesefactory.com (Mighty Mouse)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 12:47:29 +1100
 by: Mighty Mouse - Sun, 21 Jan 2024 01:47 UTC

Ozix wrote:
> Clocky wrote:
>> Typical Ford 'quality'... intermediate shaft detaching from the rack
>> while driving sounds like fun. I'm surprised Ford didn't try to hide
>> it as a service rework or blame the customer this time. That's progress.
>>
>> https://www.vehiclerecalls.gov.au/recalls/rec-005876
>>
>> I don't remember MG having this issue :-)
>>

> And Tesla 3 sales have been suspended due to a child restraint
> problem, serious enough to fail ADR.
> I haven't heard Elon's response.

electric vehicle sales are dropping, especially in cold countries like
Canada, where they basically just conk out, or won't start. also a
recent video I saw proves running costs are higher for eEV's, plus it
takes you longer to get anywhere due to charging times. unless you're
just using them in the suburbs and charging at home.

--
Have a nice day!..

Re: Ford F150 fail...

<l13bfpFog0kU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32539&group=aus.cars#32539

From: "squeak!"@thecheesefactory.com (Mighty Mouse)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 12:48:41 +1100
 by: Mighty Mouse - Sun, 21 Jan 2024 01:48 UTC

Xeno wrote:
> On 20/1/2024 12:09 pm, Clocky wrote:
>> Typical Ford 'quality'... intermediate shaft detaching from the rack
>> while driving sounds like fun. I'm surprised Ford didn't try to hide
>> it as a service rework or blame the customer this time. That's progress.
>>
>> https://www.vehiclerecalls.gov.au/recalls/rec-005876
>
> It looks like the real issue is at RMA Automotive, the company
> contracted to do the RHD to LHD conversions.
>>
>> I don't remember MG having this issue :-)
>>
> Heritage, the MG was originally designed by Poms for the world market.
>
> Toyota is doing the RHD to LHD conversion on the Tundra too but are
> not rushing into it. The Ford experience is what they want to avoid I
> guess.

a mate of mine won't buy anything except Toyota, and his kids too

--
Have a nice day!..

Re: Ford F150 fail...

<l13bh6Fog0kU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32540&group=aus.cars#32540

From: "squeak!"@thecheesefactory.com (Mighty Mouse)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 12:49:26 +1100
 by: Mighty Mouse - Sun, 21 Jan 2024 01:49 UTC

Xeno wrote:
> On 20/1/2024 2:04 pm, Clocky wrote:

>>> "A loss of steering control could increase the risk of an accident
>>> causing injury or death to vehicle occupants and/or other road
>>> users". Oh, really?
>>>

>> The Ranger has a different fault...
>>
>> "A sudden stop whilst driving at low speed and the rear brake lamps
>> not illuminating as intended, could increase the potential risk of an
>> accident, causing injury or death to vehicle occupants and other road
>> users."
>>
>> https://www.vehiclerecalls.gov.au/recalls/rec-005759
>>
> Just the other day, right outside the supermarket, I saw a car wedged
> under the arse of a new Ranger. Certainly jacked up the rear
> suspension on the Ranger!  ;-)
>
> I wonder if the rear brake lights were the cause of that little bingle?

could be. or the bogan driving it

--
Have a nice day!..

Re: Ford F150 fail...

<l13e3jFoui1U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32541&group=aus.cars#32541

From: xenolith@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 13:33:22 +1100
 by: Xeno - Sun, 21 Jan 2024 02:33 UTC

On 21/1/2024 12:48 pm, Mighty Mouse wrote:
> Xeno wrote:
>> On 20/1/2024 12:09 pm, Clocky wrote:
>>> Typical Ford 'quality'... intermediate shaft detaching from the rack
>>> while driving sounds like fun. I'm surprised Ford didn't try to hide
>>> it as a service rework or blame the customer this time. That's progress.
>>>
>>> https://www.vehiclerecalls.gov.au/recalls/rec-005876
>>
>> It looks like the real issue is at RMA Automotive, the company
>> contracted to do the RHD to LHD conversions.
>>>
>>> I don't remember MG having this issue :-)
>>>
>> Heritage, the MG was originally designed by Poms for the world market.
>>
>> Toyota is doing the RHD to LHD conversion on the Tundra too but are
>> not rushing into it. The Ford experience is what they want to avoid I
>> guess.
>>

> a mate of mine won't buy anything except Toyota, and his kids too

He buys his kids? That's novel!

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Ford F150 fail...

<4v3rN.68125$Vrtf.45245@fx39.iad>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32542&group=aus.cars#32542

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: nope@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 18:14:06 +1100
 by: lindsay - Sun, 21 Jan 2024 07:14 UTC

On 20/01/2024 10:20 pm, Xeno wrote:
> On 20/1/2024 12:09 pm, Clocky wrote:
>> Typical Ford 'quality'... intermediate shaft detaching from the rack
>> while driving sounds like fun. I'm surprised Ford didn't try to hide
>> it as a service rework or blame the customer this time. That's progress.
>>
>> https://www.vehiclerecalls.gov.au/recalls/rec-005876
>
> It looks like the real issue is at RMA Automotive, the company
> contracted to do the RHD to LHD conversions.
>>
>> I don't remember MG having this issue :-)
>>
> Heritage, the MG was originally designed by Poms for the world market.
>
> Toyota is doing the RHD to LHD

Really? I guess thats Toyota's way of doing things. Most imports to Aus
do a LHD to RHD conversion... Poor old shit-fer-brains does it again.. :-D

> conversion on the Tundra

Tundra's in Aus.. I saw that article. Poor Clocky will have a shit-fit
at all those big "monster bogan shit boxes". I hope they dont scrimp on
the wheel arches for the muddies, and leave room in between the round
LEDs on the roof rack for multiple lightbars mounted above the
windscreen. If not, never mind, it wont take long for the Toyota
fanboi's to improvise... FFS, there's already 3 Aus based Tundra groups
on Faecesbook.

> too but are not
> rushing into it. The Ford experience is what they want to avoid I guess.

Keep guessing, shit-fer. It's not like you know what you're dribbling
about...

Re: Ford F150 fail...

<uoimu1$43qc$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32546&group=aus.cars#32546

From: me@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 20:08:17 +1100
 by: Noddy - Sun, 21 Jan 2024 09:08 UTC

On 21/01/2024 6:14 pm, lindsay wrote:
> On 20/01/2024 10:20 pm, Xeno wrote:

>> Toyota is doing the RHD to LHD
>
> Really? I guess thats Toyota's way of doing things. Most imports to Aus
> do a LHD to RHD conversion... Poor old shit-fer-brains does it again.. :-D

What an absolute muppet :)

>> conversion on the Tundra
>
> Tundra's in Aus.. I saw that article. Poor Clocky will have a shit-fit
> at all those big "monster bogan shit boxes". I hope they dont scrimp on
> the wheel arches for the muddies, and leave room in between the round
> LEDs on the roof rack for multiple lightbars mounted above the
> windscreen. If not, never mind, it wont take long for the Toyota
> fanboi's to improvise... FFS, there's already 3 Aus based Tundra groups
> on Faecesbook.

Lol :)

Can't wait to see the criticism of the big monsta Toyotas flying thick
and fast :)

>> too but are not rushing into it. The Ford experience is what they want
>> to avoid I guess.
>
> Keep guessing, shit-fer. It's not like you know what you're dribbling
> about...

As usual the fucking mental case wouldn't know if you were up him until
you pulled out and let the cold air rush in. Ford doesn't do their own
RHD conversion on F series trucks. The conversions are handled by a
separate company, as they are for the Dodge Ram and Chev Silverado. The
steering shaft drop out is a pretty major fuck up, but at least they're
on it straight away and doing something about it.

If it were Toyota you'd have to take a class action against the cunts to
get them to even admit that there's an issue that needs to be addressed :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Ford F150 fail...

<l14f2aF5cqU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32550&group=aus.cars#32550

From: xenolith@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 22:55:53 +1100
 by: Xeno - Sun, 21 Jan 2024 11:55 UTC

On 21/1/2024 8:08 pm, Noddy wrote:

> As usual the fucking mental case wouldn't know if you were up him until
> you pulled out and let the cold air rush in. Ford doesn't do their own

You seem to have a lot of *experience* with that!

> RHD conversion on F series trucks. The conversions are handled by a
> separate company, as they are for the Dodge Ram and Chev Silverado. The

Yep, RMA Automotive. Pretty sure I mentioned that in my original post on
this topic.

>>> It looks like the real issue is at RMA Automotive, the
>>> company contracted to do the RHD to LHD conversions.

Yup, above is what I wrote!

> steering shaft drop out is a pretty major fuck up,

Pretty major? It's positively damn *disastrous*! That sort of screw up
*kills people*.

> but at least they're on it straight away and doing something about it.

It's a bit hard to linger longer with a screw up like that. Only needs
one and there'll be recalls all round. At least it'll be the F150 bogans
driving around in trepidation instead of (as well as?) the general
public being confronted with the hulksters.

> If it were Toyota you'd have to take a class action against the cunts to
> get them to even admit that there's an issue that needs to be addressed :)

As I *intimated*, bit hard to hide something like that. Properly
operating steering, like brakes, are a bit, umm, *fundamental*! You
notice *instantly* when it's not happening for you.

My god, you really are thick, eh?

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Ford F150 fail...

<uoju5v$bt7d$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32552&group=aus.cars#32552

From: Hans.Andnees@gmail.com (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2024 06:18:03 +1000
 by: alvey - Sun, 21 Jan 2024 20:18 UTC

A repulsive little man wrote:

> Ford doesn't do their own
> RHD conversion on F series trucks. The conversions are handled by a
> separate company, as they are for the Dodge Ram and Chev Silverado.

Given the way that most of these idiotic things are driven they may as
well leave them as LHD.

alvey

Re: Ford F150 fail...

<l15njtF7mreU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32557&group=aus.cars#32557

From: "squeak!"@thecheesefactory.com (Mighty Mouse)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2024 10:27:53 +1100
 by: Mighty Mouse - Sun, 21 Jan 2024 23:27 UTC

Xeno wrote:
> On 21/1/2024 8:08 pm, Noddy wrote:
>
>> As usual the fucking mental case wouldn't know if you were up him
>> until you pulled out and let the cold air rush in. Ford doesn't do
>> their own
>
> You seem to have a lot of *experience* with that!
>
>> RHD conversion on F series trucks. The conversions are handled by a
>> separate company, as they are for the Dodge Ram and Chev Silverado. The
>
> Yep, RMA Automotive. Pretty sure I mentioned that in my original post
> on this topic.

> Yup, above is what I wrote!

This is noddy stupidity for you. he has ppl blocked so he only gets half
the story, but he comments anyway, so in many cases his comments are
irrelevant or superfluous.

>> steering shaft drop out is a pretty major fuck up,
>
> Pretty major? It's positively damn *disastrous*! That sort of screw up
> *kills people*.
>
>> but at least they're on it straight away and doing something about it.
>
> It's a bit hard to linger longer with a screw up like that. Only needs
> one and there'll be recalls all round. At least it'll be the F150
> bogans driving around in trepidation instead of (as well as?) the
> general public being confronted with the hulksters.
>>
>> If it were Toyota you'd have to take a class action against the cunts
>> to get them to even admit that there's an issue that needs to be
>> addressed :)
>>
> As I *intimated*, bit hard to hide something like that. Properly
> operating steering, like brakes, are a bit, umm, *fundamental*! You
> notice *instantly* when it's not happening for you.
>
> My god, you really are thick, eh?

yes!

--
Have a nice day!..

Re: Ford F150 fail...

<l161eoF98hgU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32566&group=aus.cars#32566

From: "squeak!"@thecheesefactory.com (Mighty Mouse)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2024 13:15:52 +1100
 by: Mighty Mouse - Mon, 22 Jan 2024 02:15 UTC

Xeno wrote:
> On 21/1/2024 12:48 pm, Mighty Mouse wrote:
>> Xeno wrote:

>>> It looks like the real issue is at RMA Automotive, the company
>>> contracted to do the RHD to LHD conversions.

>>> Heritage, the MG was originally designed by Poms for the world market.
>>>
>>> Toyota is doing the RHD to LHD conversion on the Tundra too but are
>>> not rushing into it. The Ford experience is what they want to avoid
>>> I guess.
>>>

>> a mate of mine won't buy anything except Toyota, and his kids too
>>
> He buys his kids? That's novel!

some places even give them away for free!.. eg:
https://www.zoo.org.au/kids-visit-free/

:)

--
Have a nice day!..

aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: Ford F150 fail...