From: "squeak!"@thecheesefactory.com (Mighty Mouse)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: MG ZS again
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2023 20:01:59 +1100
 by: Mighty Mouse - Wed, 6 Dec 2023 09:01 UTC

during the recent discussion about the engine laboring, I mentioned that
the RPM @ 60 Klmph was 1,200 rpm. I've just discovered I was reading the
dial wrong, it's actually 1,500 RPM. I don't know if this has any
relevance to previous comments or not.

--
Have a nice day!..

Re: MG ZS again

<ktb0miFo2juU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31692&group=aus.cars#31692

From: xenolith@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: MG ZS again
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2023 21:28:33 +1100
 by: Xeno - Wed, 6 Dec 2023 10:28 UTC

On 6/12/2023 8:01 pm, Mighty Mouse wrote:

> during the recent discussion about the engine laboring, I mentioned that
> the RPM @ 60 Klmph was 1,200 rpm. I've just discovered I was reading the
> dial wrong, it's actually 1,500 RPM. I don't know if this has any
> relevance to previous comments or not.

It is relevant. It also means it is mimicking the behaviour of the Swift
at light throttle. If you increase the throttle at that time, you will
find, as I did, that the engine will rev up to ~2,000 which, as I have
said, is the stall point or a little below. The next step in the logical
sequence is a throttle forced down shift or, if the accelerator is
pressed hard to the floor, a kick down to 3rd or even 2nd. Very normal
behaviour, it's what I got when road testing the Swift, and what I used
to get when road testing cars I was working on.

Rest easy, your trans is working as it should.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: MG ZS again

<ktb270FooebU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31693&group=aus.cars#31693

From: "squeak!"@thecheesefactory.com (Mighty Mouse)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2023 21:54:24 +1100
 by: Mighty Mouse - Wed, 6 Dec 2023 10:54 UTC

Xeno wrote:
> On 6/12/2023 8:01 pm, Mighty Mouse wrote:
>>
>> during the recent discussion about the engine laboring, I mentioned
>> that the RPM @ 60 Klmph was 1,200 rpm. I've just discovered I was
>> reading the dial wrong, it's actually 1,500 RPM. I don't know if this
>> has any relevance to previous comments or not.
>>
> It is relevant. It also means it is mimicking the behaviour of the
> Swift at light throttle. If you increase the throttle at that time,
> you will find, as I did, that the engine will rev up to ~2,000 which,
> as I have said, is the stall point or a little below. The next step in
> the logical sequence is a throttle forced down shift or, if the
> accelerator is pressed hard to the floor, a kick down to 3rd or even
> 2nd. Very normal behaviour, it's what I got when road testing the
> Swift, and what I used to get when road testing cars I was working on.
>
> Rest easy, your trans is working as it should.

good to know  :)

--
Have a nice day!..

aus+uk / aus.cars / MG ZS again