From: ldo@nz.invalid (Lawrence D'Oliveiro)
Newsgroups: nz.politics,aus.politics,soc.culture.israel
Subject: “Determines The Imperative”
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 01:10:40 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Lawrence D'Oliv - Mon, 25 Mar 2024 01:10 UTC

Talk about weasel words. The US rejected three prior Security Council
resolutions calling for a ceasefire in Gaza, and now it has put forward
one that “determines the imperative of an immediate and sustained cease-
fire”. What the hell does that even mean? Nothing. So no surprise that it
failed to pass.

When you wake up in the morning, do you “determine the imperative” of
going to work to earn a living? When a family member falls sick, do you
“determine the imperative” of taking them to a doctor? For those
complaining the Government is not being tough enough on crime, do you
“determine the imperative” of imposing suitable penalties on crims?

Re: “Determines The Imperative”

<op.2k52iglgbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31621&group=aus.politics#31621

From: rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: nz.politics,aus.politics,soc.culture.israel
Subject: Re: “Determines The Imperative”
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 13:00:06 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Mon, 25 Mar 2024 02:00 UTC

Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo@nz.invalid> wrote

> Talk about weasel words. The US rejected three prior Security Council
> resolutions calling for a ceasefire in Gaza, and now it has put forward
> one that “determines the imperative of an immediate and sustained cease-
> fire”. What the hell does that even mean? Nothing. So no surprise that it
> failed to pass.

So why are you stamping your foot now ?

> When you wake up in the morning, do you “determine the imperative” of
> going to work to earn a living? When a family member falls sick, do you
> “determine the imperative” of taking them to a doctor? For those
> complaining the Government is not being tough enough on crime, do you
> “determine the imperative” of imposing suitable penalties on crims?

Re: “Determines The Imperative”

<utsodt$1afja$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31626&group=aus.politics#31626

From: ldo@nz.invalid (Lawrence D'Oliveiro)
Newsgroups: nz.politics,aus.politics,soc.culture.israel
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 20:56:29 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Lawrence D'Oliv - Mon, 25 Mar 2024 20:56 UTC

Yay! The US finally let one pass
<https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/un-demands-ceasefire-in-gaza-during-muslim-holy-month-of-ramadan-its-first-demand-to-halt-fighting/OAOB7JMK2RBCFF53FF4EQW2KLQ/>.
14-nil, with just one abstention (the US).

Next step, some signs of cutbacks to the supply of weapons to Israel ...

“We can always rely on our friends, the Americans, to do the right
thing ... after they have tried everything else.”
-- Winston Churchill

Re: “Determines The Imperative”

<op.2k7m2qpebyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31630&group=aus.politics#31630

From: rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: nz.politics,aus.politics,soc.culture.israel
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 09:21:52 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Mon, 25 Mar 2024 22:21 UTC

Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo@nz.invalid> wrote

> Yay! The US finally let one pass

And there is no way that Netanyaho will take any notice
and will keep fucking over Gaza, as he should.

> <https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/un-demands-ceasefire-in-gaza-during-muslim-holy-month-of-ramadan-its-first-demand-to-halt-fighting/OAOB7JMK2RBCFF53FF4EQW2KLQ/>.
> 14-nil, with just one abstention (the US).

> Next step, some signs of cutbacks to the supply of weapons to Israel ....

That has already happened due to repug stupidity and
won't stop Netanyaho fucking over Gaza, as he should.

> “We can always rely on our friends, the Americans, to dothe right thing
> ... after they have tried everything else.”
> -- Winston Churchill

They didn't vote for the resolution, stupid.

aus+uk / aus.politics / “Determines The Imperative”