The ripest fruit falls first. -- William Shakespeare, "Richard II"

aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: Road Rage: So far away yet so very close to home!

SubjectAuthor
* Road Rage: So far away yet so very close to home!Xeno
+* Road Rage: So far away yet so very close to home!alvey
|`- Road Rage: So far away yet so very close to home!Ozix
+* Road Rage: So far away yet so very close to home!Mighty Mouse
|`* Road Rage: So far away yet so very close to home!Xeno
| `- Road Rage: So far away yet so very close to home!Mighty Mouse
`- Road Rage: So far away yet so very close to home!Clocky

1
Road Rage: So far away yet so very close to home!

<kscv73F7kauU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30846&group=aus.cars#30846

From: xenolith@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Road Rage: So far away yet so very close to home!
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 11:59:15 +1100
 by: Xeno - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 00:59 UTC

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2689321/road-rage-gunshot-kills-passing-motorcyclist

My wife was watching the Thai TV news the other day on her iPad when she
saw a video of the above linked incident. A girl being interviewed, who
was with the victim at the time of the shooting, looked somewhat
familiar to my wife. Then the program flicked to an interview with the
victim's mother. It was then my wife realised she was looking at her
youngest sister. The victim was her nephew. She was utterly shocked.
Been on the phone to family a lot of the time since.

SAMUT PRAKAN: A passing motorcyclist was killed by a gunshot
from an enraged pickup driver who fired a "threatening shot"
at the driver of a six-wheel truck in Muang district on Monday
night. Motorcyclist...

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1429576547973701

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Road Rage: So far away yet so very close to home!

<ujrmip$2lnu0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30856&group=aus.cars#30856

From: Hans.Andnees@gmail.com (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: Road Rage: So far away yet so very close to home!
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 12:36:06 +1000
 by: alvey - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 02:36 UTC

Xeno wrote:
> https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2689321/road-rage-gunshot-kills-passing-motorcyclist
>

> My wife was watching the Thai TV news the other day on her iPad when she
> saw a video of the above linked incident. A girl being interviewed, who
> was with the victim at the time of the shooting, looked somewhat
> familiar to my wife. Then the program flicked to an interview with the
> victim's mother. It was then my wife realised she was looking at her
> youngest sister. The victim was her nephew. She was utterly shocked.
> Been on the phone to family a lot of the time since.
>

>      SAMUT PRAKAN: A passing motorcyclist was killed by a gunshot
>      from an enraged pickup driver who fired a "threatening shot"
>      at the driver of a six-wheel truck in Muang district on Monday
>      night. Motorcyclist...
>
> https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1429576547973701

Thank Dennis that Oz has decent gun laws. I'm pretty confident that an
overwhelming majority of our Boganmobiles have fantasies about having a
rifle rack on the back window.

Anyhoo, by careful bad planning I was out'n'about this morning and
Crikey! Half-wits everywhere in a Black Friday frenzy. A
disproportionately high proportion of them were wrestling with Ford
Craptor-genre shitheaps. Seriously, vehicles of that size (and turning
circle) shouldn't be allowed in some car parks. And I notice that their
drivers are *never, ever* apologetic. Arseholes the lot of 'em.

alvey
Looking to see if "Car park rage" is copyrighted.

Re: Road Rage: So far away yet so very close to home!

<ksdeacFbfe4U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30861&group=aus.cars#30861

From: meow@pussie.com (Mighty Mouse)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 16:16:58 +1100
 by: Mighty Mouse - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 05:16 UTC

Xeno wrote:
> https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2689321/road-rage-gunshot-kills-passing-motorcyclist
>

> My wife was watching the Thai TV news the other day on her iPad when
> she saw a video of the above linked incident. A girl being
> interviewed, who was with the victim at the time of the shooting,
> looked somewhat familiar to my wife. Then the program flicked to an
> interview with the victim's mother. It was then my wife realised she
> was looking at her youngest sister. The victim was her nephew. She was
> utterly shocked. Been on the phone to family a lot of the time since.
>

>      SAMUT PRAKAN: A passing motorcyclist was killed by a gunshot
>      from an enraged pickup driver who fired a "threatening shot"
>      at the driver of a six-wheel truck in Muang district on Monday
>      night. Motorcyclist...
>
> https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1429576547973701

sorry to hear about this Xeno

--
Have a nice day!..

Re: Road Rage: So far away yet so very close to home!

<ksdg2rFbjbsU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30866&group=aus.cars#30866

From: xenolith@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 16:47:07 +1100
 by: Xeno - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 05:47 UTC

On 25/11/2023 4:16 pm, Mighty Mouse wrote:
> Xeno wrote:
>> https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2689321/road-rage-gunshot-kills-passing-motorcyclist
>>
>> My wife was watching the Thai TV news the other day on her iPad when
>> she saw a video of the above linked incident. A girl being
>> interviewed, who was with the victim at the time of the shooting,
>> looked somewhat familiar to my wife. Then the program flicked to an
>> interview with the victim's mother. It was then my wife realised she
>> was looking at her youngest sister. The victim was her nephew. She was
>> utterly shocked. Been on the phone to family a lot of the time since.
>>

>>      SAMUT PRAKAN: A passing motorcyclist was killed by a gunshot
>>      from an enraged pickup driver who fired a "threatening shot"
>>      at the driver of a six-wheel truck in Muang district on Monday
>>      night. Motorcyclist...
>>
>> https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1429576547973701
>>

> sorry to hear about this Xeno

Thanks. Yeah, it's pretty nasty. You know, a second earlier or a second
later, it would have missed him and life would have gone on. He was the
youngest son, a professional boxer with a promising career ahead of him,
a really nice girlfriend - and it's all cut short, just like that. I
still remember him hanging off my arm when he was all of four or five
years old.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Road Rage: So far away yet so very close to home!

<ujs5cp$2nc6s$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30868&group=aus.cars#30868

From: notgonna@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 14:48:55 +0800
 by: Clocky - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 06:48 UTC

On 25/11/2023 8:59 am, Xeno wrote:
> https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2689321/road-rage-gunshot-kills-passing-motorcyclist
>

> My wife was watching the Thai TV news the other day on her iPad when she
> saw a video of the above linked incident. A girl being interviewed, who
> was with the victim at the time of the shooting, looked somewhat
> familiar to my wife. Then the program flicked to an interview with the
> victim's mother. It was then my wife realised she was looking at her
> youngest sister. The victim was her nephew. She was utterly shocked.
> Been on the phone to family a lot of the time since.
>

>      SAMUT PRAKAN: A passing motorcyclist was killed by a gunshot
>      from an enraged pickup driver who fired a "threatening shot"
>      at the driver of a six-wheel truck in Muang district on Monday
>      night. Motorcyclist...
>
> https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1429576547973701

Sorry to hear it that's some bad luck... wrong place at the wrong time
you just never know.

--
In thread "May need to buy petrol soon" Sept 23 2021 11:15:59am
Keithr0 wrote: "He made the assertion either he proves it or he is a

On Sept 23 2021 3:16:29pm Keithr0 wrote:
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if it is unproven, he is lying."

Re: Road Rage: So far away yet so very close to home!

<ksdr0jFesnhU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30873&group=aus.cars#30873

From: meow@pussie.com (Mighty Mouse)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 19:53:39 +1100
 by: Mighty Mouse - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 08:53 UTC

Xeno wrote:
> On 25/11/2023 4:16 pm, Mighty Mouse wrote:
>> Xeno wrote:
>>> https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2689321/road-rage-gunshot-kills-passing-motorcyclist
>>>

>>> My wife was watching the Thai TV news the other day on her iPad when
>>> she saw a video of the above linked incident. A girl being
>>> interviewed, who was with the victim at the time of the shooting,
>>> looked somewhat familiar to my wife. Then the program flicked to an
>>> interview with the victim's mother. It was then my wife realised she
>>> was looking at her youngest sister. The victim was her nephew. She
>>> was utterly shocked. Been on the phone to family a lot of the time
>>> since.
>>>

>>>      SAMUT PRAKAN: A passing motorcyclist was killed by a gunshot
>>>      from an enraged pickup driver who fired a "threatening shot"
>>>      at the driver of a six-wheel truck in Muang district on Monday
>>>      night. Motorcyclist...
>>>
>>> https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1429576547973701
>>>

>> sorry to hear about this Xeno
>>
> Thanks. Yeah, it's pretty nasty. You know, a second earlier or a
> second later, it would have missed him and life would have gone on. He
> was the youngest son, a professional boxer with a promising career
> ahead of him, a really nice girlfriend - and it's all cut short, just
> like that. I still remember him hanging off my arm when he was all of
> four or five years old.

sad. and sad that good ppl die young, and scumbags live on

--
Have a nice day!..

Re: Road Rage: So far away yet so very close to home!

<6561b6e0$1@news.ausics.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30874&group=aus.cars#30874

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: ozix@xizo.am (Ozix)
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 16:57:03 +0800
 by: Ozix - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 08:57 UTC

alvey wrote:

> Thank Dennis that Oz has decent gun laws. I'm pretty confident that an
> overwhelming majority of our Boganmobiles have fantasies about having a
> rifle rack on the back window.

I worked in Texas for a while, and road rage there is dangerous. A week
ago, somebody was shot in Houston, and back in July, someone died from a
shooting in Dallas.

aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: Road Rage: So far away yet so very close to home!