Your mode of life will be changed for the better because of new developments.

aus+uk / aus.cars / A reminder: if it's too good to be true....

SubjectAuthor
* A reminder: if it's too good to be true....lindsay
+- A reminder: if it's too good to be true....Mighty Mouse
+* A reminder: if it's too good to be true....Noddy
|`* A reminder: if it's too good to be true....lindsay
| `- A reminder: if it's too good to be true....Noddy
`* A reminder: if it's too good to be true....Daryl
 `* A reminder: if it's too good to be true....lindsay
  `- A reminder: if it's too good to be true....Daryl

1
A reminder: if it's too good to be true....

<6Zj3N.6658$BbXa.3574@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29777&group=aus.cars#29777

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: nope@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Subject: A reminder: if it's too good to be true....
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 17:20:48 +1100
 by: lindsay - Fri, 10 Nov 2023 06:20 UTC

..... it is.

Springtime in aus is when lots of people start looking at getting away,
and having fun. Xmas, annual leave, rellies getting together....

I'm starting to get some gear together for a 10 day (may be extended!)
fishing trip to Perth in mid December. Bro has a 26' Haines Hunter 680
at a marina north of Perth. Gets out of bed, looks over the new
breakwall at the marina, and makes his decision... Water temp as of this
morning is 21 degrees. That Leeuwin current doing it's thing. :-)

Been picking his brains re gear required, and settled on a Shimano
Backbone elite and a Shimano TLD 15 with 50 pound 8 strand braid; a
Shimano Jewel jig stick with a Shimano Saragosa 14000, with 400m of 40
pound braid, and my favorite garfish rod, (still catching garfish in
Perth is a no-no..!) to be used on whiting? I'll stuff all 3 rods in a
tube and post it to him, as I have a fair bit of shit to take as on
board carry-on.

I digress: The reason for this post: Whilst bro and I were discussing
the gear I bought today, he suggested Anaconda were having a massive
sale. Of course, I'm about to drop $600 on fishing gear, so asked him to
send me the link.

https://anacondasale.com/

Australia's Anaconda stores are : https://www.anacondastores.com/

For fucks sake, 85% off on some/most products? Really? Looks good!
Except there are suddenly no stores, no phone number, and the REAL
website has an ad for black Friday splattered across it's main page
(index.html?), which is now way smaller and down the bottom of the dodgy
website page... and this:

https://anacondasale.com/collections/fishing-fishing-reels-spinning-reels/products/shimano-twin-power-2500-fd-spinning-reel-black?data_from=index_index
Have a look at all the reassuring bullshit on the lower right... :-)

Mentioned this to the guy spooling my reel with braid, and he said
someone had tried to get a 85% discount because there was a BCF online
doing the same thing above... he told me the link, but I've forgotten.
And at BCF, i saved $200.00 so the docket says. I know I saved quite a
bit more.... :-)

Just a heads up . Maybe give your kids a little reminder before xmas if
they're shopping online....

Re: A reminder: if it's too good to be true....

<kr653rFc1s7U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29779&group=aus.cars#29779

From: meow@pussy.com (Mighty Mouse)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: A reminder: if it's too good to be true....
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 18:40:41 +1100
 by: Mighty Mouse - Fri, 10 Nov 2023 07:40 UTC

lindsay wrote:
> .... it is.
>
> Springtime in aus is when lots of people start looking at getting
> away, and having fun. Xmas, annual leave, rellies getting together....
>
> I'm starting to get some gear together for a 10 day (may be extended!)
> fishing trip to Perth in mid December. Bro has a 26' Haines Hunter 680
> at a marina north of Perth. Gets out of bed, looks over the new
> breakwall at the marina, and makes his decision... Water temp as of
> this morning is 21 degrees. That Leeuwin current doing it's thing. :-)
>
> Been picking his brains re gear required, and settled on a Shimano
> Backbone elite and a Shimano TLD 15 with 50 pound 8 strand braid; a
> Shimano Jewel jig stick with a Shimano Saragosa 14000, with 400m of 40
> pound braid, and my favorite garfish rod, (still catching garfish in
> Perth is a no-no..!) to be used on whiting? I'll stuff all 3 rods in a
> tube and post it to him, as I have a fair bit of shit to take as on
> board carry-on.
>
> I digress: The reason for this post: Whilst bro and I were discussing
> the gear I bought today, he suggested Anaconda were having a massive
> sale. Of course, I'm about to drop $600 on fishing gear, so asked him
> to send me the link.
>
> https://anacondasale.com/
>
> Australia's Anaconda stores are : https://www.anacondastores.com/
>

> For fucks sake, 85% off on some/most products? Really? Looks good!
> Except there are suddenly no stores, no phone number, and the REAL
> website has an ad for black Friday splattered across it's main page
> (index.html?), which is now way smaller and down the bottom of the
> dodgy website page... and this:
>
> https://anacondasale.com/collections/fishing-fishing-reels-spinning-reels/products/shimano-twin-power-2500-fd-spinning-reel-black?data_from=index_index
> Have a look at all the reassuring bullshit on the lower right... :-)
>
> Mentioned this to the guy spooling my reel with braid, and he said
> someone had tried to get a 85% discount because there was a BCF online
> doing the same thing above... he told me the link, but I've forgotten.
> And at BCF, i saved $200.00 so the docket says. I know I saved quite a
> bit more.... :-)
>
> Just a heads up . Maybe give your kids a little reminder before xmas
> if they're shopping online....

bastards!

--
Have a nice day!.. except noddy

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
a non-political, fact-based site which examines the ideological
threat that Islam poses to human dignity and freedom

Re: A reminder: if it's too good to be true....

<uikr7v$2oajd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29782&group=aus.cars#29782

From: me@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 19:56:31 +1100
 by: Noddy - Fri, 10 Nov 2023 08:56 UTC

On 10/11/2023 5:20 pm, lindsay wrote:
> .... it is.

Generally.

> Mentioned this to the guy spooling my reel with braid, and he said
> someone had tried to get a 85% discount because there was a BCF online
> doing the same thing above... he told me the link, but I've forgotten.
> And at BCF, i saved $200.00 so the docket says. I know I saved quite a
> bit more.... :-)
>
> Just a heads up . Maybe give your kids a little reminder before xmas if
> they're shopping online....

What a pack of cunts.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: A reminder: if it's too good to be true....

<kr6f83FdsngU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29784&group=aus.cars#29784

From: dwalford@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 21:33:39 +1100
 by: Daryl - Fri, 10 Nov 2023 10:33 UTC

On 10/11/2023 5:20 pm, lindsay wrote:
> .... it is.
>
> Springtime in aus is when lots of people start looking at getting away,
> and having fun. Xmas, annual leave, rellies getting together....
>
> I'm starting to get some gear together for a 10 day (may be extended!)
> fishing trip to Perth in mid December. Bro has a 26' Haines Hunter 680
> at a marina north of Perth. Gets out of bed, looks over the new
> breakwall at the marina, and makes his decision... Water temp as of this
> morning is 21 degrees. That Leeuwin current doing it's thing. :-)
>
> Been picking his brains re gear required, and settled on a Shimano
> Backbone elite and a Shimano TLD 15 with 50 pound 8 strand braid; a
> Shimano Jewel jig stick with a Shimano Saragosa 14000, with 400m of 40
> pound braid, and my favorite garfish rod, (still catching garfish in
> Perth is a no-no..!) to be used on whiting? I'll stuff all 3 rods in a
> tube and post it to him, as I have a fair bit of shit to take as on
> board carry-on.
>
> I digress: The reason for this post: Whilst bro and I were discussing
> the gear I bought today, he suggested Anaconda were having a massive
> sale. Of course, I'm about to drop $600 on fishing gear, so asked him to
> send me the link.
>
> https://anacondasale.com/
>
> Australia's Anaconda stores are : https://www.anacondastores.com/
>

> For fucks sake, 85% off on some/most products? Really? Looks good!
> Except there are suddenly no stores, no phone number, and the REAL
> website has an ad for black Friday splattered across it's main page
> (index.html?), which is now way smaller and down the bottom of the dodgy
> website page... and this:
>
> https://anacondasale.com/collections/fishing-fishing-reels-spinning-reels/products/shimano-twin-power-2500-fd-spinning-reel-black?data_from=index_index Have a look at all the reassuring bullshit on the lower right... :-)
>
> Mentioned this to the guy spooling my reel with braid, and he said
> someone had tried to get a 85% discount because there was a BCF online
> doing the same thing above... he told me the link, but I've forgotten.
> And at BCF, i saved $200.00 so the docket says. I know I saved quite a
> bit more.... :-)
>
> Just a heads up . Maybe give your kids a little reminder before xmas if
> they're shopping online....

Thanks for that, don't need any fishing gear, got lots of it but haven't
used it much recently, too busy doing other things.
One of the best rod/reel combos I have is a collapsible Shimano rod, its
great because it takes up bugger all space so it can be kept in the car
and used if you find yourself in a likely spot with some time on your hands.
Used it quite a few times when away on work trips, one time down at
Paynesville the motel we were staying at had a jetty on the canal at the
rear, caught 6 legal flathead in half an hour which we cooked for dinner
on the barbecue located right next to the jetty:-)

--
Daryl

Re: A reminder: if it's too good to be true....

<_DH3N.17427$_Oab.15817@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29811&group=aus.cars#29811

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: nope@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2023 20:16:40 +1100
 by: lindsay - Sat, 11 Nov 2023 09:16 UTC

On 10/11/2023 9:33 pm, Daryl wrote:

>> https://anacondasale.com/collections/fishing-fishing-reels-spinning-reels/products/shimano-twin-power-2500-fd-spinning-reel-black?data_from=index_index
>> Have a look at all the reassuring bullshit on the lower right... :-)
>>
>> Mentioned this to the guy spooling my reel with braid, and he said
>> someone had tried to get a 85% discount because there was a BCF online
>> doing the same thing above... he told me the link, but I've forgotten.
>> And at BCF, i saved $200.00 so the docket says. I know I saved quite a
>> bit more.... :-)
>>
>> Just a heads up . Maybe give your kids a little reminder before xmas
>> if they're shopping online....
>>
> Thanks for that, don't need any fishing gear, got lots of it but haven't
> used it much recently, too busy doing other things.

You and me both!! :-) Trying to get up the block and finish slashing,
but everything keeps piling up in front of me... Maybe go Monday and
back Sunday for the NBN install... Yay!

> One of the best rod/reel combos I have is a collapsible Shimano rod, its
> great because it takes up bugger all space so it can be kept in the car
> and used if you find yourself in a likely spot with some time on your
> hands.

Yep. Buying a telescopic rod before I go. Both boat rods fit nice and
snug in the rod tube, so I'm not going to stuff my favourite garfish rod
in as well, It can stay home and I'll put a tele rod in the suitcase
along with the reels..

Found some info that surprised me today... afaics, Aus post max length
of parcel is 1.2m; others like Hunter Express and Aramax (formally
Fastway/Glacierway, who were the worst rated , now owned by Auspost)
would do it, except the chance of it arriving in Perth as a pair of 6-7
piece rods rather than original would be better than even money.

I've gone with TNT road freight, insured for $500, so we'll see what
happens. If it doesn't turn up at all, we'll just go to Anaconda or BCF
and get new stuff. I dont want to use his gear, I'd *much* rather use my
own.

Does your rod have a name like this:
https://www.anacondastores.com/fishing/fishing-rods/spinning-rods/shimano-maikuro-ii-7-1pc-3-5kg-telescopic-spin-rod/BP90169823-black

Looks perfect for a travel rod for flatties, whiting, smaller salmon
etc...a small quality egg-beater, some 8 pound mono, and away we go!

> Used it quite a few times when away on work trips, one time down at
> Paynesville the motel we were staying at had a jetty on the canal at the
> rear, caught 6 legal flathead in half an hour which we cooked for dinner
> on the barbecue located right next to the jetty:-)

So you'd obviously go back? I would... :-)

Mmmmm fresh flattie tails... you know, flathead would be one of my
favourite fish to eat, except they are as dumb as Tommy, slimy as all
fuck, and those spines on the side of the head make a mess in the boat,
and sell for $50 a kilo... but yeah they taste awesome. :-)

Re: A reminder: if it's too good to be true....

<xLH3N.15535$cAm7.7298@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29812&group=aus.cars#29812

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: nope@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2023 20:24:42 +1100
 by: lindsay - Sat, 11 Nov 2023 09:24 UTC

On 10/11/2023 7:56 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 10/11/2023 5:20 pm, lindsay wrote:
>> .... it is.
>
> Generally.
>
>> Mentioned this to the guy spooling my reel with braid, and he said
>> someone had tried to get a 85% discount because there was a BCF online
>> doing the same thing above... he told me the link, but I've forgotten.
>> And at BCF, i saved $200.00 so the docket says. I know I saved quite a
>> bit more.... :-)
>>
>> Just a heads up . Maybe give your kids a little reminder before xmas
>> if they're shopping online....
>
> What a pack of cunts.

Yep.. a few around too... here's another to steer clear of...

https://www.liquorkart.com.au/

Very dodgy. Their website looks legit, until you start looking around.
Hell, this mob even have a phone number on their website. except it's
not connected. Apparently their ABN is fake, and they work out of
something the size of Tommys garage. And thy keep on keeping on. Not too
sure why it's allowed to happen, but a RPG through the front door is
warranted.

Re: A reminder: if it's too good to be true....

<kr9b0oFug5qU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29818&group=aus.cars#29818

From: dwalford@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2023 23:39:52 +1100
 by: Daryl - Sat, 11 Nov 2023 12:39 UTC

On 11/11/2023 8:16 pm, lindsay wrote:
> On 10/11/2023 9:33 pm, Daryl wrote:
>
>>> https://anacondasale.com/collections/fishing-fishing-reels-spinning-reels/products/shimano-twin-power-2500-fd-spinning-reel-black?data_from=index_index Have a look at all the reassuring bullshit on the lower right... :-)
>>>
>>> Mentioned this to the guy spooling my reel with braid, and he said
>>> someone had tried to get a 85% discount because there was a BCF
>>> online doing the same thing above... he told me the link, but I've
>>> forgotten.
>>> And at BCF, i saved $200.00 so the docket says. I know I saved quite
>>> a bit more.... :-)
>>>
>>> Just a heads up . Maybe give your kids a little reminder before xmas
>>> if they're shopping online....
>>>
>> Thanks for that, don't need any fishing gear, got lots of it but
>> haven't used it much recently, too busy doing other things.
>
> You and me both!! :-) Trying to get up the block and finish slashing,
> but everything keeps piling up in front of me... Maybe go Monday and
> back Sunday for the NBN install... Yay!
>
>> One of the best rod/reel combos I have is a collapsible Shimano rod,
>> its great because it takes up bugger all space so it can be kept in
>> the car and used if you find yourself in a likely spot with some time
>> on your hands.
>
> Yep. Buying a telescopic rod before I go. Both boat rods fit nice and
> snug in the rod tube, so I'm not going to stuff my favourite garfish rod
> in as well, It can stay home and I'll put a tele rod in the suitcase
> along with the reels..
>
> Found some info that surprised me today... afaics, Aus post max length
> of parcel is 1.2m; others like Hunter Express and Aramax (formally
> Fastway/Glacierway, who were the worst rated , now owned by Auspost)
> would do it, except the chance of it arriving in Perth as a pair of 6-7
> piece rods rather than original would be better than even money.
>
> I've gone with TNT road freight, insured for $500, so we'll see what
> happens. If it doesn't turn up at all, we'll just go to Anaconda or BCF
> and get new stuff. I dont want to use his gear, I'd *much* rather use my
> own.
>
> Does your rod have a name like this:
> https://www.anacondastores.com/fishing/fishing-rods/spinning-rods/shimano-maikuro-ii-7-1pc-3-5kg-telescopic-spin-rod/BP90169823-black
>
> Looks perfect for a travel rod for flatties, whiting, smaller salmon
> etc...a small quality egg-beater, some 8 pound mono, and away we go!
>

>> Used it quite a few times when away on work trips, one time down at
>> Paynesville the motel we were staying at had a jetty on the canal at
>> the rear, caught 6 legal flathead in half an hour which we cooked for
>> dinner on the barbecue located right next to the jetty:-)
>
> So you'd obviously go back? I would... :-)

Maybe one day, certainly worth a visit.

> Mmmmm fresh flattie tails... you know, flathead would be one of my
> favourite fish to eat, except they are as dumb as Tommy, slimy as all
> fuck, and those spines on the side of the head make a mess in the boat,
>  and sell for $50 a kilo... but yeah they taste awesome. :-)

Agree, certainly one of the best eating fish.
The spines make a mess of your hand if you manage to get spiked, done it
a couple of times and it hurts like hell so very careful now.

--
Daryl

Re: A reminder: if it's too good to be true....

<uintph$3emqg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29819&group=aus.cars#29819

From: me@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2023 23:58:25 +1100
 by: Noddy - Sat, 11 Nov 2023 12:58 UTC

On 11/11/2023 8:24 pm, lindsay wrote:
> On 10/11/2023 7:56 pm, Noddy wrote:

>> What a pack of cunts.
>
> Yep.. a few around too... here's another to steer clear of...
>

> https://www.liquorkart.com.au/
>
> Very dodgy. Their website looks legit, until you start looking around.
> Hell, this mob even have a phone number on their website. except it's
> not connected. Apparently their ABN is fake, and they work out of
> something the size of Tommys garage. And thy keep on keeping on. Not too
> sure why it's allowed to happen, but a RPG through the front door is
> warranted.

Yeah, and a Napalm drop as they come running out screaming.

The fuck's wrong with these people? It's like the ever increasing number
of cunts who advertise car parts for sale on Marketplace, and fleece
people after they've sent money off to them. Personally I don't buy shit
off any private person I don't know unless I can pick it up and pay for
it in cash on the day, but people with blind faith transfer money all
the time and leave themselves wide open to get ripped off.

One day they'll do it to the wrong person, and parts of them may wash up
on shore after they do.

Regards,
Noddy.

aus+uk / aus.cars / A reminder: if it's too good to be true....