Invest in physics -- own a piece of Dirac!

aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: Thermostat....

SubjectAuthor
* Thermostat....lindsay
`* Thermostat....Daryl
 `* Thermostat....lindsay
  `* Thermostat....Noddy
   `- Thermostat....Xeno

1
Re: Thermostat....

<CO21N.149664$tnmf.38528@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29324&group=aus.cars#29324

Subject: Re: Thermostat....
Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: nope@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2023 20:10:55 +1100
 by: lindsay - Fri, 3 Nov 2023 09:10 UTC

On 3/11/2023 4:41 pm, Clocky wrote:

>> seems to take ages to get to running temp; maybe at *least* 5 klms in
>> the morning.
>
> That would be normal.
>

> Are there other thermoststs available that open quicker? I
>> guess it's nothing to worry about, I dont do 2k to work every morning
>> anymore, but it's something i've always wondered. due for it's 6 month
> Opening quicker would have the engine take even longer to warm up. You
> would want one that takes longer to open up.
>
> But don't go there. Unless the original thermostat is faulty - do not
> replace it and especially not if it's under warranty unless Ford have a
> specific TSB for that complaint and that is their fix.
>
> In any event it seems normal operation to me so consider allowing the
> vehicle to warm up for a few minutes before you take off.

Thanks to all who replied, It seems I was wondering about nothing. it's
due for it's 6 month oil change, and I'll say nothing re thermostat.

Re: Thermostat....

<kqk4ohF2n80U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29331&group=aus.cars#29331

From: dwalford@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2023 22:44:17 +1100
 by: Daryl - Fri, 3 Nov 2023 11:44 UTC

On 3/11/2023 8:10 pm, lindsay wrote:
> On 3/11/2023 4:41 pm, Clocky wrote:
>>
>>> seems to take ages to get to running temp; maybe at *least* 5 klms in
>>> the morning.
>>
>> That would be normal.
>>

>> Are there other thermoststs available that open quicker? I
>>> guess it's nothing to worry about, I dont do 2k to work every morning
>>> anymore, but it's something i've always wondered. due for it's 6 month
>> Opening quicker would have the engine take even longer to warm up. You
>> would want one that takes longer to open up.
>>
>> But don't go there. Unless the original thermostat is faulty - do not
>> replace it and especially not if it's under warranty unless Ford have a
>> specific TSB for that complaint and that is their fix.
>>
>> In any event it seems normal operation to me so consider allowing the
>> vehicle to warm up for a few minutes before you take off.
>
> Thanks to all who replied, It seems I was wondering about nothing. it's
> due for it's 6 month oil change, and I'll say nothing re thermostat.

A recent video I saw is a warning about being careful what you do with
new cars that are still in warranty.
Irish bloke bought a new Ferrari and didn't think that the exhaust was
loud enough so he had it modified, he then went on a Euro road trip to
Monaco and he had major electrical problem, took it to a dealer and they
said that his warranty was void because he had modified the car even
though the problem wasn't related to the exhaust mod.
The rules regarding vehicle warranties vary from country to country but
you still need to be careful.

--
Daryl

Re: Thermostat....

<fMl1N.267575$rbid.113060@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29361&group=aus.cars#29361

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: nope@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2023 17:45:29 +1100
 by: lindsay - Sat, 4 Nov 2023 06:45 UTC

On 3/11/2023 10:44 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 3/11/2023 8:10 pm, lindsay wrote:

>> Thanks to all who replied, It seems I was wondering about nothing.
>> it's due for it's 6 month oil change, and I'll say nothing re thermostat.
>>>

> A recent video I saw is a warning about being careful what you do with
> new cars that are still in warranty.

yep. I get my bus oil changed every 6 months, and nothing in the book.
And for that reason... Soke to my mate (name and number available( who's
just has his 75K service done. They tried to upsell a "carbon clean",
and when he questioned it, they backed up.. Also noticed the fixed
price servicing stops at 5year/60K and the price skyrockets.. mines done
(from memory) 28 k in 2 years 9 months..

> Irish bloke bought a new Ferrari and didn't think that the exhaust was
> loud enough so he had it modified, he then went on a Euro road trip to
> Monaco and he had major electrical problem, took it to a dealer and they
> said that his warranty was void because he had modified the car even
> though the problem wasn't related to the exhaust mod.
> The rules regarding vehicle warranties vary from country to country but
> you still need to be careful.

Yep.. Agreed. Last service I warned them that Forscan had been done, and
if they reset the software back to fords standard, then they would need
to take $140 off the service fee.They agreed and left it alone, yet
upgraded the gps maps. Ranger is now 2 years and 9 months old, and still
loving it, would I buy another? In a heartbeat.

Re: Thermostat....

<ui4qm1$38sjt$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29362&group=aus.cars#29362

From: me@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2023 18:08:48 +1100
 by: Noddy - Sat, 4 Nov 2023 07:08 UTC

On 4/11/2023 5:45 pm, lindsay wrote:

> Yep.. Agreed. Last service I warned them that Forscan had been done, and
> if they reset the software back to fords standard, then they would need
> to take $140 off the service fee.They agreed and left it alone, yet
> upgraded the gps maps. Ranger is now 2 years and 9 months old, and still
> loving it, would I buy another? In a heartbeat.

Same. Fucking awesome. Loving every bit of it at the moment and it's
proving to be well worth the money.

*So* glad I waited for the thing instead of opting for something like a
Hilux :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Thermostat....

<kqmerjFgvulU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29370&group=aus.cars#29370

From: xenolith@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2023 19:48:51 +1100
 by: Xeno - Sat, 4 Nov 2023 08:48 UTC

On 4/11/2023 6:08 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 4/11/2023 5:45 pm, lindsay wrote:
>
>> Yep.. Agreed. Last service I warned them that Forscan had been done,
>> and if they reset the software back to fords standard, then they would
>> need to take $140 off the service fee.They agreed and left it alone,
>> yet upgraded the gps maps. Ranger is now 2 years and 9 months old, and
>> still loving it, would I buy another? In a heartbeat.
>
> Same. Fucking awesome. Loving every bit of it at the moment and it's
> proving to be well worth the money.
>
> *So* glad I waited for the thing instead of opting for another Navara :)

Yeah, at least you're not in trepidation waiting for the engine to
detonate! About that transmission though ...

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: Thermostat....