We don't really understand it, so we'll give it to the programmers.

aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: new car to buy

SubjectAuthor
* new car to buyYosemite Sam
+* new car to buyYosemite Sam
|`* new car to buyGrumpy Tech
| +- new car to buyDaryl
| +- new car to buyYosemite Sam
| `* new car to buyNoddy
|  +- new car to buyalvey
|  `* new car to buyblofelds cat
|   `* new car to buyNoddy
|    +* new car to buyKeithr0
|    |+* new car to buyNoddy
|    ||`* new car to buyDaryl
|    || `* new car to buyKeithr0
|    ||  `* new car to buyNoddy
|    ||   `- new car to buyDaryl
|    |`* new car to buyDaryl
|    | `- new car to buyNoddy
|    +* new car to buyblofelds cat
|    |`* new car to buyNoddy
|    | +* new car to buyblofelds cat
|    | |+* new car to buyNoddy
|    | ||`- new car to buyXeno
|    | |`- new car to buyalvey
|    | `* new car to buyalvey
|    |  `- new car to buyjonz@ nothere.com
|    +- new car to buyYosemite Sam
|    +- new car to buyalvey
|    `* new car to buyMighty Mouse
|     +* new car to buyNoddy
|     |+- new car to buyXeno
|     |`* new car to buyMighty Mouse
|     | +* new car to buyMighty Mouse
|     | |+- new car to buyNoddy
|     | |`* new car to buyClocky
|     | | `* new car to buyMighty Mouse
|     | |  +* new car to buyNoddy
|     | |  |+* new car to buyClocky
|     | |  ||+- new car to buyXeno
|     | |  ||`* new car to buyjonz@ nothere.com
|     | |  || `* new car to buyNoddy
|     | |  ||  `- new car to buyalvey
|     | |  |`- new car to buyXeno
|     | |  `* new car to buyClocky
|     | |   +* new car to buyMighty Mouse
|     | |   |+- new car to buyClocky
|     | |   |+* new car to buyNoddy
|     | |   ||`* new car to buyalvey
|     | |   || `* new car to buyMighty Mouse
|     | |   ||  +- new car to buyNoddy
|     | |   ||  `- new car to buyClocky
|     | |   |`* new car to buyjonz@ nothere.com
|     | |   | `* new car to buyDaryl
|     | |   |  +* new car to buyMighty Mouse
|     | |   |  |`* new car to buyNoddy
|     | |   |  | `* new car to buyDaryl
|     | |   |  |  `* new car to buyNoddy
|     | |   |  |   `* new car to buyDaryl
|     | |   |  |    +* new car to buyNoddy
|     | |   |  |    |`- new car to buyXeno
|     | |   |  |    `* new car to buyKeithr0
|     | |   |  |     +* new car to buyNoddy
|     | |   |  |     |`- new car to buyjonz@ nothere.com
|     | |   |  |     +* new car to buyjonz@ nothere.com
|     | |   |  |     |`- new car to buyDaryl
|     | |   |  |     `- new car to buyDaryl
|     | |   |  +- new car to buyalvey
|     | |   |  `- new car to buyjonz@ nothere.com
|     | |   `* new car to buyalvey
|     | |    `- new car to buyClocky
|     | +- new car to buyNoddy
|     | `- new car to buyMighty Mouse
|     `* new car to buyNoddy
|      `* new car to buyMighty Mouse
|       `- new car to buyNoddy
+* new car to buyGrumpy Tech
|`* new car to buyYosemite Sam
| `* new car to buyGrumpy Tech
|  `- new car to buyalvey
`* new car to buyTrevor Wilson
 +* new car to buyNoddy
 |`- new car to buyXeno
 +* new car to buyDaryl
 |+* new car to buyTrevor Wilson
 ||+* new car to buyNoddy
 |||+- new car to buyXeno
 |||`- new car to buyTrevor Wilson
 ||`- new car to buyDaryl
 |`* new car to buyXeno
 | `* new car to buyMighty Mouse
 |  `- new car to buyXeno
 +* new car to buyMighty Mouse
 |`* new car to buyNoddy
 | +- new car to buyXeno
 | `* new car to buyMighty Mouse
 |  `* new car to buyNoddy
 |   +* new car to buyMighty Mouse
 |   |+* new car to buyXeno
 |   ||`- new car to buyMighty Mouse
 |   |`* new car to buyNoddy
 |   | +* new car to buyMighty Mouse
 |   | |+* new car to buyNoddy
 |   | |`- new car to buyXeno
 |   | `* new car to buyalvey
 |   +- new car to buyXeno
 |   +- new car to buyClocky
 |   `- new car to buyalvey
 `- new car to buyClocky

Pages:12345
Re: new car to buy

<kohiiaF3vnlU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27716&group=aus.cars#27716

From: xenolith@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: new car to buy
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2023 16:48:57 +1100
 by: Xeno - Mon, 9 Oct 2023 05:48 UTC

On 9/10/2023 3:59 pm, Mighty Mouse wrote:
> Noddy wrote:

>>> none of the ones we've been discussing are anything like the ZS numbnuts
>>
>> Lol :)
>>
>> The Kia Stonic and Hyundai Venue both compete directly against the ZS,
>
> I had looked at both Hyundai and Kia websites briefly and noted none of
> their models were comparatively priced with the ZS which at the time was
> $22,990 for the 2022 model iirc
>
>> and it was only a few short days ago that you claimed you weren't
>> aware of either of them. This was *after* you'd made your purchase,
>> which suggests to me that your "awareness" is extremely limited :)

>>> Really? So what objective "quality" tests have you carried out, and
>>> on what makes and models have you run those tests in order to reach
>>> your conclusions?
>>
>> Two things here Felix.
>
> yes boss, I'm all ears..

I'm surprised Darren can count to two!

>> Firstly, I guarantee you as sure as I'm sitting here that I've spent a
>> hell of a lot more time in a hell of a lot more cars than you have,

And Darren's spun a whole lot more bullshit than just about anyone on
the planet.

>> and have a hell of a lot more experience in picking the difference
>> between well made and poorly built cars than you could ever hope to.
>>
>> I don't expect you to buy that Felix, but that's the reality whether

Given Darren's track record of *bullshit*, I don't expect anyone to buy
that!

>> you like it or not. Of course I could say something completely
>> nonsensical like "Being a mechanic makes me intuitively aware of
>> things like build quality (or switch locations)", but I'm not a clog
>> wearing fucktard and couldn't make such insane claims in good
>> conscience :)
>>
>> Secondly, I'm not making claims like "The quality is as good as
>> anything else", which is an utterly ridiculous statement to make when

Hmmm, Darren made claims of 3 apprenticeships, they were utter bullshit.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: new car to buy

<kohj0iF3vnlU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27717&group=aus.cars#27717

From: xenolith@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2023 16:56:33 +1100
 by: Xeno - Mon, 9 Oct 2023 05:56 UTC

On 9/10/2023 4:44 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> Lol :)
>>>
>>> The Kia Stonic and Hyundai Venue both compete directly against the ZS,
>>
>> I had looked at both Hyundai and Kia websites briefly and noted none
>> of their models were comparatively priced with the ZS which at the
>> time was $22,990 for the 2022 model iirc
>
> Bullshit :)

Does that serve as a warning to readers that all you follow up with is
bullshit? Well done - if that's the case.

> You stated in earlier posts that you didn't even know these models
> existed before you bought your car, not that you were aware of them and
> they were out of your price range. But even if you *had* been aware the
> price difference between the base model ZS and the Stonic is a thousand
> bucks.
>
> For the extra grand, I know which one I would prefer.

>>> Two things here Felix.
>>
>> yes boss, I'm all ears..
>
> I don't think you are Felix,  and that's your problem. You're all too
> keen to listen to the people who do nothing but piss in your pocket.
>
>>> Secondly, I'm not making claims like "The quality is as good as
>>> anything else", which is an utterly ridiculous statement to make when
>>> you *clearly* have no experience with everything else. All *I* said
>>> was that the build quality was good, and made no reference how it
>>> compares to anything else one way or the other.
>>
>> by claiming the build quality is good, the reader can rightly assume
>> you are comparing it to other cars. it's implied in your claim.
>
> Fucking rubbish. It means no such nonsense at all. The only thing being
> "implied" here is your inability comprehend what's being said to you.
>
>> or else by what measure are you determining the build quality to make
>> any judgment about it? the build quality is good relative to the
>> Sydney Harbour Bridge maybe?
>
> There is something wrong with you if you can't look at something and
> tell if it's free of blemishes or faults, and appears to be well put
> together. You don't need to make comparisons to anything else, and I
> wasn't doing that. *You* were.
>
> By your logic it's apparently impossible to make assessments in
> isolation :)
>
>>> You *really* need to brush up on your language skills, as your
>>> comprehension is *appalling*.
>>
>> you *really* need to brush up on your logic skills, as your reasoning
>> is *appalling*.
>
> You're operating *way* above your competency level here pal.

Darren, in automotive, you have *always* been operating way above your
competency level. You didn't even *qualify* to enter into any
apprenticeship ever, remember? Minimum year 9 passes - and you skipped
that exam along with the last 2 or 3 months of year 9. Your own words
condemn you there. Yet here you were, trying to convince people that you
were signed up to an AME apprenticeship at *technician level* with year
10 entry levels. You must have big feet - you keep tripping up over your
own bullshit *all the time*.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: new car to buy

<kohlt9F4i0vU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27724&group=aus.cars#27724

From: me@thecheesefactory.com (Mighty Mouse)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2023 17:45:59 +1100
 by: Mighty Mouse - Mon, 9 Oct 2023 06:45 UTC

Noddy wrote:

>>> Lol :)
>>>
>>> The Kia Stonic and Hyundai Venue both compete directly against the ZS,
>>
>> I had looked at both Hyundai and Kia websites briefly and noted none
>> of their models were comparatively priced with the ZS which at the
>> time was $22,990 for the 2022 model iirc
>
> Bullshit :)

exactly as I said. I looked online, just didn't take note of the models

> You stated in earlier posts that you didn't even know these models
> existed before you bought your car, not that you were aware of them
> and they were out of your price range. But even if you *had* been
> aware the price difference between the base model ZS and the Stonic is
> a thousand bucks.

the Stonic is smaller

> For the extra grand, I know which one I would prefer.

>>> Two things here Felix.
>>
>> yes boss, I'm all ears..
>
> I don't think you are Felix,  and that's your problem. You're all too
> keen to listen to the people who do nothing but piss in your pocket.
>
>>> Secondly, I'm not making claims like "The quality is as good as
>>> anything else", which is an utterly ridiculous statement to make
>>> when you *clearly* have no experience with everything else. All *I*
>>> said was that the build quality was good, and made no reference how
>>> it compares to anything else one way or the other.
>>
>> by claiming the build quality is good, the reader can rightly assume
>> you are comparing it to other cars. it's implied in your claim.
>
> Fucking rubbish. It means no such nonsense at all. The only thing
> being "implied" here is your inability comprehend what's being said to
> you.
>
>> or else by what measure are you determining the build quality to make
>> any judgment about it? the build quality is good relative to the
>> Sydney Harbour Bridge maybe?
>
> There is something wrong with you if you can't look at something and
> tell if it's free of blemishes or faults, and appears to be well put
> together. You don't need to make comparisons to anything else, and I
> wasn't doing that. *You* were.
>
> By your logic it's apparently impossible to make assessments in
> isolation :)

it is. you cannot decide what is good or bad without a standard of some sort

>>> You *really* need to brush up on your language skills, as your
>>> comprehension is *appalling*.
>>
>> you *really* need to brush up on your logic skills, as your reasoning
>> is *appalling*.
>
> You're operating *way* above your competency level here pal.

you've never had any

--
Have a nice day!..

Re: new car to buy

<kohmc9F3vnlU6@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27727&group=aus.cars#27727

From: xenolith@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2023 17:54:00 +1100
 by: Xeno - Mon, 9 Oct 2023 06:54 UTC

On 9/10/2023 5:45 pm, Mighty Mouse wrote:
> Noddy wrote:

>>> I had looked at both Hyundai and Kia websites briefly and noted none
>>> of their models were comparatively priced with the ZS which at the
>>> time was $22,990 for the 2022 model iirc
>>
>> Bullshit :)
>
> exactly as I said. I looked online, just didn't take note of the models
>

>> You stated in earlier posts that you didn't even know these models
>> existed before you bought your car, not that you were aware of them
>> and they were out of your price range. But even if you *had* been
>> aware the price difference between the base model ZS and the Stonic is
>> a thousand bucks.
>
> the Stonic is smaller

Having seen the Hyundai Venue recently, I'd have said they were pretty
small also.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: new car to buy

<ug08ib$3nhl4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27729&group=aus.cars#27729

From: me@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2023 18:02:34 +1100
 by: Noddy - Mon, 9 Oct 2023 07:02 UTC

On 9/10/2023 5:45 pm, Mighty Mouse wrote:
> Noddy wrote:

>>> I had looked at both Hyundai and Kia websites briefly and noted none
>>> of their models were comparatively priced with the ZS which at the
>>> time was $22,990 for the 2022 model iirc
>>
>> Bullshit :)
>
> exactly as I said. I looked online, just didn't take note of the models

Then how did you know what they were priced at? :)

Don't worry about it Felix.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: new car to buy

<kohoirF5010U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27737&group=aus.cars#27737

From: me@thecheesefactory.com (Mighty Mouse)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2023 18:31:38 +1100
 by: Mighty Mouse - Mon, 9 Oct 2023 07:31 UTC

it tells you. see for yourself .. https://www.hyundai.com/au/en/cars

--
Have a nice day!..

Re: new car to buy

<kohsd9F5m2sU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27740&group=aus.cars#27740

From: trevor@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2023 19:36:57 +1100
 by: Trevor Wilson - Mon, 9 Oct 2023 08:36 UTC

On 9/10/2023 10:52 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 9/10/2023 8:31 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>
>>> The one we rented recently was brand new so less than 800km when we
>>> gave it back and whilst I would say that it was economical it wasn't
>>> as good as our Golf and that averages 5.0lts/100km on mixed use.
>>
>> **In fairness, there's not much bumper-to-bumper traffic in Cairns.
>> However, I did cane the shit out of the Swift going up and down the
>> mountain. It returned VERY impressive economy.
>
> As I said the Swift is a great little car, but I can't imagine the
> "worst" economy one could return would be 4.5l/100km having the shit
> caned out of it :)

**I did say: "up and DOWN the mountain". The up trip would have consumed
a fair chunk of fuel and the down trip, significantly less. That said, I
showed the Swift no mercy and it simply went about it's business very
competently indeed and by using a lot less fuel than I expected it to
use. I did the same trip in the MG HS (admittedly a bigger, heavier
car), but without driving particularly hard and the fuel consumption was
around double that of the Swift. And, without the fun. Oh and the MG
demanded 95RON too. Th Swift drank whatever I happened to find at the
pump (91RON).

Re: new car to buy

<koi50mF79t3U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27743&group=aus.cars#27743

From: dwalford@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2023 22:03:50 +1100
 by: Daryl - Mon, 9 Oct 2023 11:03 UTC

On 9/10/2023 8:31 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 9/10/2023 8:20 am, Daryl wrote:

>>> **Suzuki Swift. Brilliant car. Cheap to run, fun to drive and was
>>> even able to accommodate a 6'4" friend and a bunch of luggage.
>>> Despite driving the thing pretty hard up and down the mountain from
>>> Cairns to Kuranda every day, the worst fuel consumption I could
>>> manage was 4.5L/100km. Did I mention that it was a hoot to drive? So
>>> much fun in a practical package.
>>>

>> How many kms had the Swift done?
>
> **I can't recall, but I reckon at least 20,000km.
>
>> The one we rented recently was brand new so less than 800km when we
>> gave it back and whilst I would say that it was economical it wasn't
>> as good as our Golf and that averages 5.0lts/100km on mixed use.
>
> **In fairness, there's not much bumper-to-bumper traffic in Cairns.
> However, I did cane the shit out of the Swift going up and down the
> mountain. It returned VERY impressive economy.

Its possible that the one we had may improve significantly after its
done a lot more km and the engine frees up which is why I asked about
the km.

--
Daryl

Re: new car to buy

<koi5djF79t3U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27744&group=aus.cars#27744

From: dwalford@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2023 22:10:43 +1100
<knumhrFsk6nU2@mid.individual.net> <ufdhc1$2pep4$1@dont-email.me>
<ufdnks$2qe54$1@dont-email.me> <knvbceF1adkU1@mid.individual.net>
<ufe0mo$2s663$1@dont-email.me> <kobdmhF2t2pU1@mid.individual.net>
<ufq05m$1u1le$1@dont-email.me> <koc1h6F60ulU2@mid.individual.net>
<koc1o0F60ulU3@mid.individual.net> <ufqmoo$2662j$1@dont-email.me>
<koc7l4F6veaU1@mid.individual.net> <ufr05r$2840d$1@dont-email.me>
<koci7oF8mbhU1@mid.individual.net>
<a8ccc5eb-5242-4551-aa0e-1b6109014638n@googlegroups.com>
<koer6cFkeq8U1@mid.individual.net> <koershFkkn6U1@mid.individual.net>
<uftenc$2u17i$1@dont-email.me> <koevvaFl5nnU1@mid.individual.net>
<ufttbg$315ph$1@dont-email.me> <kofgfhFnq7aU1@mid.individual.net>
<kohat8F2lvpU1@mid.individual.net>
 by: Daryl - Mon, 9 Oct 2023 11:10 UTC

On 9/10/2023 2:38 pm, Keithr0 wrote:
> On 8/10/2023 9:01 pm, Daryl wrote:

>>> It's been famous for it for decades.

>>> I wouldn't either :)

>>> For fuck's sake :)
>>>
>>> There's a few famous ones around that have claimed a few scalps over
>>> the years. Lloyd Street Kensington was a trap for young players, and
>>> I've seen a few morons get stuck under the low sides of Dudley Street
>>> bridge in West Melbourne.
>>>
>>> People are stupid.
>>>

>> Certainly are.
>> Back when I used to drive the 5 tonne Isuzu delivering to Toyota I had
>> some time off when Toyota were shut down so I dropped the truck off at
>> our company workshop in Richmond to be serviced.
>> When I was supposed to go back to work my boss called me and said my
>> truck was damaged so I had to use a different truck, apparently the
>> workshop manager decided to take my truck for a test drive after it
>> was serviced, he stopped for a low bridge, got out of the truck and
>> had a look deciding that the truck would fit under the bridge then
>> drove off smashing straight into the bridge which was about a foot
>> lower than the truck.
>> I've also gotten into arguments with customers complaining why a job
>> took longer than the expected, the dumb pricks couldn't get it through
>> their heads that a 4.3mt high truck wouldn't fit under certain low
>> bridges so I had to take the long way around.
>
> There, at least used to be a truckers edition of the Sydney street
> directory marking all the low bridges, and showing safe routes. I'd have
> thought that these day there would be truckers GPS units doing the same
> thing with an alarm if you were approaching one.

Pretty sure that there is such a GPS but trouble is only the smart
operators would use one and the dumb ones will continue to be dumb.

> The favourite Sydney trick was to take a high vehicle through the
> harbour tunnel despite the warning lights and signs.

LOL, sounds a bit naughty.
Max height through the tunnels in Melb is 4.6mtrs, I've towed a trailer
that height through the tunnels and the first time I was rather nervous.

--
Daryl

Re: new car to buy

<koi5f7F79t3U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27745&group=aus.cars#27745

From: dwalford@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2023 22:11:35 +1100
<knumhrFsk6nU2@mid.individual.net> <ufdhc1$2pep4$1@dont-email.me>
<ufdnks$2qe54$1@dont-email.me> <knvbceF1adkU1@mid.individual.net>
<ufe0mo$2s663$1@dont-email.me> <kobdmhF2t2pU1@mid.individual.net>
<ufq05m$1u1le$1@dont-email.me> <koc1h6F60ulU2@mid.individual.net>
<koc1o0F60ulU3@mid.individual.net> <ufqmoo$2662j$1@dont-email.me>
<koc7l4F6veaU1@mid.individual.net> <ufr05r$2840d$1@dont-email.me>
<koci7oF8mbhU1@mid.individual.net>
<a8ccc5eb-5242-4551-aa0e-1b6109014638n@googlegroups.com>
<koer6cFkeq8U1@mid.individual.net> <koershFkkn6U1@mid.individual.net>
<uftenc$2u17i$1@dont-email.me> <koevvaFl5nnU1@mid.individual.net>
<ufttbg$315ph$1@dont-email.me> <kofgfhFnq7aU1@mid.individual.net>
<kohat8F2lvpU1@mid.individual.net>
<b8b0b858-eb3e-4ece-b42d-2e6f9038f0f0n@googlegroups.com>
 by: Daryl - Mon, 9 Oct 2023 11:11 UTC

On 9/10/2023 3:10 pm, jonz@ nothere.com wrote:
> On Monday, 9 October 2023 at 14:38:18 UTC+11, Keithr0 wrote:

>>> Certainly are.
>>> Back when I used to drive the 5 tonne Isuzu delivering to Toyota I had
>>> some time off when Toyota were shut down so I dropped the truck off at
>>> our company workshop in Richmond to be serviced.
>>> When I was supposed to go back to work my boss called me and said my
>>> truck was damaged so I had to use a different truck, apparently the
>>> workshop manager decided to take my truck for a test drive after it was
>>> serviced, he stopped for a low bridge, got out of the truck and had a
>>> look deciding that the truck would fit under the bridge then drove off
>>> smashing straight into the bridge which was about a foot lower than the
>>> truck.
>>> I've also gotten into arguments with customers complaining why a job
>>> took longer than the expected, the dumb pricks couldn't get it through
>>> their heads that a 4.3mt high truck wouldn't fit under certain low
>>> bridges so I had to take the long way around.
>> There, at least used to be a truckers edition of the Sydney street
>> directory marking all the low bridges, and showing safe routes. I'd have
>> thought that these day there would be truckers GPS units doing the same
>> thing with an alarm if you were approaching one.
>>
>> The favourite Sydney trick was to take a high vehicle through the
>> harbour tunnel despite the warning lights and signs.
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> For some strange reason, the drovers that manage that sort of thing, (and capable of driving a tri-axle trailer setup with flat tyres, and buckled rims), wear turbans and (usually) have limited english.

LOL.

--
Daryl

Re: new car to buy

<ug1p6r$4a0b$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27753&group=aus.cars#27753

From: Hans.Andnees@gmail.com (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2023 06:52:40 +1000
 by: alvey - Mon, 9 Oct 2023 20:52 UTC

Noddy wrote:
> On 9/10/2023 12:39 pm, Mighty Mouse wrote:

> As I said I would be genuinely surprised if you, or whomever you're
> looking for, didn't think it was a great little car. Very solid, very
> good build quality, and very reliable. I've helped a couple of people
> buy one and they've been delighted with them.

Sure you did Fraudster.
Got any proof?

alvey

Re: new car to buy

<ug1q2b$4gqb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27754&group=aus.cars#27754

From: Hans.Andnees@gmail.com (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2023 07:07:20 +1000
 by: alvey - Mon, 9 Oct 2023 21:07 UTC

Noddy wrote:
> On 9/10/2023 2:00 pm, Mighty Mouse wrote:
>> Noddy wrote:
>
>>> For a bloke who recently looked at cars with the idea of buying a new
>>> one for himself, I find your lack of awareness of the various makes
>>> and models in your price range to be somewhat staggering :)
>>
>> none of the ones we've been discussing are anything like the ZS numbnuts
>
> Lol :)
>
> The Kia Stonic and Hyundai Venue both compete directly against the ZS,
> and it was only a few short days ago that you claimed you weren't aware
> of either of them. This was *after* you'd made your purchase, which
> suggests to me that your "awareness" is extremely limited :)
>

>>> As I said I would be genuinely surprised if you, or whomever you're
>>> looking for, didn't think it was a great little car. Very solid, very
>>> good build quality,
>>
>> Really? So what objective "quality" tests have you carried out, and on
>> what makes and models have you run those tests in order to reach your
>> conclusions?
>
> Two things here Felix.
>
> Firstly, I guarantee you as sure as I'm sitting here that I've spent a
> hell of a lot more time in a hell of a lot more cars than you have,

That may well be so, however I doubt *very* much that you've sat in the
number that you claim.

A few simple reasons for my serious doubts (Recent times only);

1. You've been living in Bumhole (Vic), pop. bugger all for a dozen years.
2. Where do these people come from?
You have no friends and you have no real business.
3. There's this new thing called 'the internet'. Ppl do their own
research on it.
4. You've repeatedly claimed that you don't read car magazines.

And there was one other thing... Oh yes!
5. You are a proven, congenital liar.

snip unread

alvey

Re: new car to buy

<ug1qc3$4gqb$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27755&group=aus.cars#27755

From: Hans.Andnees@gmail.com (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2023 07:12:35 +1000
 by: alvey - Mon, 9 Oct 2023 21:12 UTC

Noddy wrote:

>>> Lol :)
>>>
>>> The Kia Stonic and Hyundai Venue both compete directly against the ZS,
>>
>> I had looked at both Hyundai and Kia websites briefly and noted none
>> of their models were comparatively priced with the ZS which at the
>> time was $22,990 for the 2022 model iirc
>
> Bullshit :)
>
> You stated in earlier posts that you didn't even know these models
> existed before you bought your car, not that you were aware of them and
> they were out of your price range. But even if you *had* been aware the
> price difference between the base model ZS and the Stonic is a thousand
> bucks.
>
> For the extra grand, I know which one I would prefer.

>>> Two things here Felix.
>>
>> yes boss, I'm all ears..
>
> I don't think you are Felix,  and that's your problem. You're all too
> keen to listen to the people who do nothing but piss in your pocket.
>
>>> Secondly, I'm not making claims like "The quality is as good as
>>> anything else", which is an utterly ridiculous statement to make when
>>> you *clearly* have no experience with everything else. All *I* said
>>> was that the build quality was good, and made no reference how it
>>> compares to anything else one way or the other.
>>
>> by claiming the build quality is good, the reader can rightly assume
>> you are comparing it to other cars. it's implied in your claim.
>
> Fucking rubbish. It means no such nonsense at all. The only thing being
> "implied" here is your inability comprehend what's being said to you.
>
>> or else by what measure are you determining the build quality to make
>> any judgment about it? the build quality is good relative to the
>> Sydney Harbour Bridge maybe?
>
> There is something wrong with you if you can't look at something and
> tell if it's free of blemishes or faults, and appears to be well put
> together. You don't need to make comparisons to anything else, and I
> wasn't doing that. *You* were.
>
> By your logic it's apparently impossible to make assessments in
> isolation :)
>
>>> You *really* need to brush up on your language skills, as your
>>> comprehension is *appalling*.
>>
>> you *really* need to brush up on your logic skills, as your reasoning
>> is *appalling*.
>
> You're operating *way* above your competency level here pal.

And you're a Floundering Fraudster.

Still haven't seen the "...objective "quality" tests have you carried
out, and on what makes and models have you run those tests in order to
reach your conclusions?".

alvey

Re: new car to buy

<ug1qhr$4gqb$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27756&group=aus.cars#27756

From: Hans.Andnees@gmail.com (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2023 07:15:38 +1000
 by: alvey - Mon, 9 Oct 2023 21:15 UTC

Mighty Mouse wrote:
> Noddy wrote:

>> By your logic it's apparently impossible to make assessments in
>> isolation :)
>
> it is. you cannot decide what is good or bad without a standard of some
> sort

lol.
He's nailed you again Fraudster.

alvey

Re: new car to buy

<kojhulFfifkU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27767&group=aus.cars#27767

From: me@thecheesefactory.com (Mighty Mouse)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2023 10:50:42 +1100
 by: Mighty Mouse - Mon, 9 Oct 2023 23:50 UTC

alvey wrote:
> Noddy wrote:

>>> none of the ones we've been discussing are anything like the ZS
>>> numbnuts
>>
>> Lol :)
>>
>> The Kia Stonic and Hyundai Venue both compete directly against the
>> ZS, and it was only a few short days ago that you claimed you weren't
>> aware of either of them. This was *after* you'd made your purchase,
>> which suggests to me that your "awareness" is extremely limited :)

>>> Really? So what objective "quality" tests have you carried out, and
>>> on what makes and models have you run those tests in order to reach
>>> your conclusions?
>>
>> Two things here Felix.
>>
>> Firstly, I guarantee you as sure as I'm sitting here that I've spent
>> a hell of a lot more time in a hell of a lot more cars than you have,
>
> That may well be so, however I doubt *very* much that you've sat in
> the number that you claim.
>
> A few simple reasons for my serious doubts (Recent times only);
>
> 1. You've been living in Bumhole (Vic), pop. bugger all for a dozen
> years.
> 2. Where do these people come from?
>    You have no friends and you have no real business.
> 3. There's this new thing called 'the internet'. Ppl do their own
> research on it.
> 4. You've repeatedly claimed that you don't read car magazines.
>
> And there was one other thing... Oh yes!
> 5. You are a proven, congenital liar.
>
> snip unread

LOL

--