Every time I look at you I am more convinced of Darwin's theory.

aus+uk / aus.cars / Service con job...

SubjectAuthor
* Service con job...Grumpy Tech
+* Service con job...Daryl
|`* Service con job...Grumpy Tech
| +* Service con job...Keithr0
| |`* Service con job...Yosemite Sam
| | `* Service con job...Keithr0
| |  `- Service con job...Daryl
| +- Service con job...Daryl
| `* Service con job...Xeno
|  +* Service con job...Yosemite Sam
|  |`- Service con job...Xeno
|  `* Service con job...Keithr0
|   `* Service con job...Xeno
|    `* Service con job...Keithr0
|     `- Service con job...Xeno
+* Service con job...Yosemite Sam
|`* Service con job...Grumpy Tech
| +- Service con job...Yosemite Sam
| +- Service con job...Xeno
| +- Service con job...Noddy
| `* Service con job...Daryl
|  +* Service con job...Yosemite Sam
|  |`* Service con job...Xeno
|  | `* Service con job...Yosemite Sam
|  |  +- Service con job...Xeno
|  |  `- Service con job...Clocky
|  `- Service con job...Noddy
`* Service con job...Trevor Wilson
 +* Service con job...Daryl
 |+- Service con job...Yosemite Sam
 |+* Service con job...Trevor Wilson
 ||+* Service con job...Daryl
 |||+* Service con job...Yosemite Sam
 |||`* Service con job...Trevor Wilson
 ||| `* Service con job...Daryl
 |||  +* Service con job...Yosemite Sam
 |||  |`- Service con job...Xeno
 |||  +* Service con job...Trevor Wilson
 |||  |+- Service con job...Xeno
 |||  |`* Service con job...Daryl
 |||  | +- Service con job...Xeno
 |||  | `- Service con job...Yosemite Sam
 |||  `- Service con job...Xeno
 ||`* Service con job...Noddy
 || +* Service con job...Trevor Wilson
 || |+* Service con job...Noddy
 || |`- Service con job...Clocky
 || `- Service con job...Xeno
 |`- Service con job...Xeno
 +* Service con job...Noddy
 |+* Service con job...Trevor Wilson
 ||`* Service con job...Noddy
 || `* Service con job...Daryl
 ||  `* Service con job...Noddy
 ||   `* Service con job...Daryl
 ||    `* Service con job...Noddy
 ||     +- Service con job...Daryl
 ||     +- Service con job...Xeno
 ||     `- Service con job...alvey
 |`* Service con job...Trevor Wilson
 | `* Service con job...Noddy
 |  `* Service con job...Daryl
 |   `- Service con job...Noddy
 `- Service con job...Clocky

Pages:123
Service con job...

<u8qp1a$3uv7m$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25232&group=aus.cars#25232

From: grumpytech07@gmail.com (Grumpy Tech)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Service con job...
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 16:12:55 +1000
 by: Grumpy Tech - Fri, 14 Jul 2023 06:12 UTC

Had the Outback serviced yesterday and get a call to say that my wiper
blades are streaking.

In January the same thing had happened and I declined having them
replaced as they were still okay as far as I was concerned.

Drove to Victoria in late March through a fair bit of rain some of which
was torrential. By the time I got down there the wipers were starting to
grab so I went the the local Subaru dealer and paid the extortion to
have them replaced. It was raining a fair bit so it made sense to get it
done.

Cue the call yesterday and I said to the service advisor that they
replaced in April, I have the receipt, if they are faulty now replace
them under warranty as they should last longer than 3 months...

Get there to pick up the car to be advised that they decided to
"lubricate" the blades and I should see how they go....

Battery terminals have corrosion on them after the service and no sign
of any lubricant on those. What am I paying them for....

Re: Service con job...

<khceq6FnifdU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25236&group=aus.cars#25236

From: dwalford@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: Service con job...
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 18:20:22 +1000
 by: Daryl - Fri, 14 Jul 2023 08:20 UTC

On 14/7/2023 4:12 pm, Grumpy Tech wrote:
> Had the Outback serviced yesterday and get a call to say that my wiper
> blades are streaking.
>
> In January the same thing had happened and I declined having them
> replaced as they were still okay as far as I was concerned.
>
> Drove to Victoria in late March through a fair bit of rain some of which
> was torrential. By the time I got down there the wipers were starting to
> grab so I went the the local Subaru dealer and paid the extortion to
> have them replaced. It was raining a fair bit so it made sense to get it
> done.

How much did they charge you for wiper blades?

> Cue the call yesterday and I said to the service advisor that they
> replaced in April, I have the receipt, if they are faulty now replace
> them under warranty as they should last longer than 3 months...
>
> Get there to pick up the car to be advised that they decided to
> "lubricate" the blades and I should see how they go....
>
> Battery terminals have corrosion on them after the service and no sign
> of any lubricant on those. What am I paying them for....

LOL, good question.

--
Daryl

Re: Service con job...

<khcgbeFnratU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25238&group=aus.cars#25238

From: felix@goaway.now (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 18:46:37 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Fri, 14 Jul 2023 08:46 UTC

Grumpy Tech wrote:
> Had the Outback serviced yesterday and get a call to say that my wiper
> blades are streaking.
>
> In January the same thing had happened and I declined having them
> replaced as they were still okay as far as I was concerned.
>
> Drove to Victoria in late March through a fair bit of rain some of
> which was torrential. By the time I got down there the wipers were
> starting to grab so I went the the local Subaru dealer and paid the
> extortion to have them replaced. It was raining a fair bit so it made
> sense to get it done.

you can't replace wiper blades yourself? any fool can do it. or just buy
them from an auto parts store, at about a third of what a dealer would
charge, and they'll often replace them for nothing.

> Cue the call yesterday and I said to the service advisor that they
> replaced in April, I have the receipt, if they are faulty now replace
> them under warranty as they should last longer than 3 months...

they last many years. I only ever replaced one set on the Magna in 13
years, and the Lancer still has the original blades from 2017. however,
where you live they probably last less time than in Victoria due to your
climate

> Get there to pick up the car to be advised that they decided to
> "lubricate" the blades and I should see how they go....

lubricate wiper blades?? hahaha...

> Battery terminals have corrosion on them after the service and no sign
> of any lubricant on those. What am I paying them for....

drinking coffee?

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!
https://imgur.com/gallery/v4u4c15

Re: Service con job...

<u8r48l$3vtjf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25241&group=aus.cars#25241

From: grumpytech07@gmail.com (Grumpy Tech)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 19:24:09 +1000
 by: Grumpy Tech - Fri, 14 Jul 2023 09:24 UTC

On 14/07/2023 6:20 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 14/7/2023 4:12 pm, Grumpy Tech wrote:
>> Had the Outback serviced yesterday and get a call to say that my wiper
>> blades are streaking.
>>
>> In January the same thing had happened and I declined having them
>> replaced as they were still okay as far as I was concerned.
>>
>> Drove to Victoria in late March through a fair bit of rain some of
>> which was torrential. By the time I got down there the wipers were
>> starting to grab so I went the the local Subaru dealer and paid the
>> extortion to have them replaced. It was raining a fair bit so it made
>> sense to get it done.
>
> How much did they charge you for wiper blades?

$72.30 for front and rear fitted.

>> Cue the call yesterday and I said to the service advisor that they
>> replaced in April, I have the receipt, if they are faulty now replace
>> them under warranty as they should last longer than 3 months...
>>
>> Get there to pick up the car to be advised that they decided to
>> "lubricate" the blades and I should see how they go....
>>
>> Battery terminals have corrosion on them after the service and no sign
>> of any lubricant on those. What am I paying them for....
>
> LOL, good question.

I can't wait for their customer satisfaction survey this time. My
response may trigger their censors!!

I'm looking at getting some Holts PEP Corrosion Preventative and putting
on them. Just looked at Autobarn it's $12.99 or you can get it from ebay
for $45!!

Re: Service con job...

<u8r4mf$3vtjf$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25242&group=aus.cars#25242

From: grumpytech07@gmail.com (Grumpy Tech)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 19:31:59 +1000
 by: Grumpy Tech - Fri, 14 Jul 2023 09:31 UTC

On 14/07/2023 6:46 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> Grumpy Tech wrote:
>> Had the Outback serviced yesterday and get a call to say that my wiper
>> blades are streaking.
>>
>> In January the same thing had happened and I declined having them
>> replaced as they were still okay as far as I was concerned.
>>
>> Drove to Victoria in late March through a fair bit of rain some of
>> which was torrential. By the time I got down there the wipers were
>> starting to grab so I went the the local Subaru dealer and paid the
>> extortion to have them replaced. It was raining a fair bit so it made
>> sense to get it done.
>
> you can't replace wiper blades yourself? any fool can do it. or just buy
> them from an auto parts store, at about a third of what a dealer would
> charge, and they'll often replace them for nothing.

The autoparts store where I was, was staffed by young ladies at the time
and couldn't find the right blades for my vehicle. They did have very
limited stock in the store as well.

>> Cue the call yesterday and I said to the service advisor that they
>> replaced in April, I have the receipt, if they are faulty now replace
>> them under warranty as they should last longer than 3 months...
>
> they last many years. I only ever replaced one set on the Magna in 13
> years, and the Lancer still has the original blades from 2017. however,
> where you live they probably last less time than in Victoria due to your
> climate

Comprehension issues again... I was in Victoria, been back in Qld for 2
months and it hasn't been hot.

>> Get there to pick up the car to be advised that they decided to
>> "lubricate" the blades and I should see how they go....
>
> lubricate wiper blades?? hahaha...

You can use silicon spray on them, but there was no evidence of this
having been done. Pity they won't allow you to leave the dash cam on
when they are servicing the car...

>> Battery terminals have corrosion on them after the service and no sign
>> of any lubricant on those. What am I paying them for....
>
> drinking coffee?

Re: Service con job...

<khcjggFobejU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25243&group=aus.cars#25243

From: felix@goaway.now (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 19:40:30 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Fri, 14 Jul 2023 09:40 UTC

Grumpy Tech wrote:
> On 14/07/2023 6:46 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>> Grumpy Tech wrote:
>>> Had the Outback serviced yesterday and get a call to say that my
>>> wiper blades are streaking.
>>>
>>> In January the same thing had happened and I declined having them
>>> replaced as they were still okay as far as I was concerned.
>>>
>>> Drove to Victoria in late March through a fair bit of rain some of
>>> which was torrential. By the time I got down there the wipers were
>>> starting to grab so I went the the local Subaru dealer and paid the
>>> extortion to have them replaced. It was raining a fair bit so it
>>> made sense to get it done.
>>
>> you can't replace wiper blades yourself? any fool can do it. or just
>> buy them from an auto parts store, at about a third of what a dealer
>> would charge, and they'll often replace them for nothing.
>
> The autoparts store where I was, was staffed by young ladies at the
> time and couldn't find the right blades for my vehicle. They did have
> very limited stock in the store as well.
>>

>>> Cue the call yesterday and I said to the service advisor that they
>>> replaced in April, I have the receipt, if they are faulty now
>>> replace them under warranty as they should last longer than 3 months...
>>
>> they last many years. I only ever replaced one set on the Magna in 13
>> years, and the Lancer still has the original blades from 2017.
>> however, where you live they probably last less time than in Victoria
>> due to your climate
>
> Comprehension issues

not really. you DO live in Queensland where the climate affects cars
adversely

> again...

again?..

> I was in Victoria, been back in Qld for 2 months and it hasn't been hot.
>

>>> Get there to pick up the car to be advised that they decided to
>>> "lubricate" the blades and I should see how they go....
>>
>> lubricate wiper blades?? hahaha...
>
> You can use silicon spray on them, but there was no evidence of this
> having been done. Pity they won't allow you to leave the dash cam on
> when they are servicing the car...

LOL! as if that would ever happen!

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!
https://imgur.com/gallery/v4u4c15

Re: Service con job...

<khcmc8Fol3dU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25247&group=aus.cars#25247

From: xenolith@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 20:29:27 +1000
 by: Xeno - Fri, 14 Jul 2023 10:29 UTC

On 14/7/2023 7:31 pm, Grumpy Tech wrote:
> On 14/07/2023 6:46 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>> Grumpy Tech wrote:
>>> Had the Outback serviced yesterday and get a call to say that my
>>> wiper blades are streaking.
>>>
>>> In January the same thing had happened and I declined having them
>>> replaced as they were still okay as far as I was concerned.
>>>
>>> Drove to Victoria in late March through a fair bit of rain some of
>>> which was torrential. By the time I got down there the wipers were
>>> starting to grab so I went the the local Subaru dealer and paid the
>>> extortion to have them replaced. It was raining a fair bit so it made
>>> sense to get it done.
>>
>> you can't replace wiper blades yourself? any fool can do it. or just
>> buy them from an auto parts store, at about a third of what a dealer
>> would charge, and they'll often replace them for nothing.
>
> The autoparts store where I was, was staffed by young ladies at the time
> and couldn't find the right blades for my vehicle. They did have very
> limited stock in the store as well.
>>

>>> Cue the call yesterday and I said to the service advisor that they
>>> replaced in April, I have the receipt, if they are faulty now replace
>>> them under warranty as they should last longer than 3 months...
>>
>> they last many years. I only ever replaced one set on the Magna in 13
>> years, and the Lancer still has the original blades from 2017.
>> however, where you live they probably last less time than in Victoria
>> due to your climate
>
> Comprehension issues again... I was in Victoria, been back in Qld for 2
> months and it hasn't been hot.

Your comprehension issues. Felix was referring to *his wiper blades*
lasting a long time - 6 years - in Victoria. How old is your Subaru?
Anyway, Queensland does get hot and you could expect your wiper blades
to degrade rapidly in that environment up there.
I have replaced the Suzuki wiper blade rubbers once, the Toyota still
run originals after 7 years. That's because the Suzuki spends a lot of
time out in the sun on farms, the Toy sits in the shelter of the garage
most of the time. Makes a *big* difference, *huge*!

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Service con job...

<u8r9b6$c79$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25250&group=aus.cars#25250

From: me@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 20:51:18 +1000
 by: Noddy - Fri, 14 Jul 2023 10:51 UTC

On 14/07/2023 7:31 pm, Grumpy Tech wrote:
> On 14/07/2023 6:46 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:

>> you can't replace wiper blades yourself? any fool can do it. or just
>> buy them from an auto parts store, at about a third of what a dealer
>> would charge, and they'll often replace them for nothing.
>
> The autoparts store where I was, was staffed by young ladies at the time
> and couldn't find the right blades for my vehicle. They did have very
> limited stock in the store as well.

Incredibly amusing comment from Felix, given that he once admitted that
he couldn't even buy the correct coolant for his own car even after
reading the label that stated it wasn't compatible :)

>> they last many years. I only ever replaced one set on the Magna in 13
>> years, and the Lancer still has the original blades from 2017.
>> however, where you live they probably last less time than in Victoria
>> due to your climate
>
> Comprehension issues again... I was in Victoria, been back in Qld for 2
> months and it hasn't been hot.

It's Felix. He's not very bright, and only someone in an advanced state
of stupidity would think that Wiper blades would last 13 years :)

>> lubricate wiper blades?? hahaha...
>
> You can use silicon spray on them, but there was no evidence of this
> having been done. Pity they won't allow you to leave the dash cam on
> when they are servicing the car...

Yeah, they're good at that.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Service con job...

<khcnutFob2tU5@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25251&group=aus.cars#25251

From: nothing.to.see@here.com.au (Keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 20:56:29 +1000
 by: Keithr0 - Fri, 14 Jul 2023 10:56 UTC

On 14/07/2023 7:24 pm, Grumpy Tech wrote:
> On 14/07/2023 6:20 pm, Daryl wrote:
>> On 14/7/2023 4:12 pm, Grumpy Tech wrote:
>>> Had the Outback serviced yesterday and get a call to say that my
>>> wiper blades are streaking.
>>>
>>> In January the same thing had happened and I declined having them
>>> replaced as they were still okay as far as I was concerned.
>>>
>>> Drove to Victoria in late March through a fair bit of rain some of
>>> which was torrential. By the time I got down there the wipers were
>>> starting to grab so I went the the local Subaru dealer and paid the
>>> extortion to have them replaced. It was raining a fair bit so it made
>>> sense to get it done.
>>
>> How much did they charge you for wiper blades?
>
> $72.30 for front and rear fitted.

They only wanted $50 for my Forrester's blades, told them to stick it
and went to Supercheap.

>>> Cue the call yesterday and I said to the service advisor that they
>>> replaced in April, I have the receipt, if they are faulty now replace
>>> them under warranty as they should last longer than 3 months...
>>>
>>> Get there to pick up the car to be advised that they decided to
>>> "lubricate" the blades and I should see how they go....
>>>
>>> Battery terminals have corrosion on them after the service and no
>>> sign of any lubricant on those. What am I paying them for....
>>
>> LOL, good question.
>>

> I can't wait for their customer satisfaction survey this time. My
> response may trigger their censors!!
>
> I'm looking at getting some Holts PEP Corrosion Preventative and putting
> on them. Just looked at Autobarn it's $12.99 or you can get it from ebay
> for $45!!

Re: Service con job...

<khcpiaFp6elU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25259&group=aus.cars#25259

From: felix@goaway.now (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 21:23:54 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Fri, 14 Jul 2023 11:23 UTC

Keithr0 wrote:
> On 14/07/2023 7:24 pm, Grumpy Tech wrote:

>>> How much did they charge you for wiper blades?
>>
>> $72.30 for front and rear fitted.
>
> They only wanted $50 for my Forrester's blades,

$11.50 for the Magna's when I replaced them from the auto parts store

> told them to stick it and went to Supercheap.

Supercheap aren't that super cheap. I find Autobahn are better

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!
https://imgur.com/gallery/v4u4c15

Re: Service con job...

<khcqjpFob2tU8@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25263&group=aus.cars#25263

From: nothing.to.see@here.com.au (Keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 21:41:45 +1000
 by: Keithr0 - Fri, 14 Jul 2023 11:41 UTC

On 14/07/2023 9:23 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> Keithr0 wrote:

>>> $72.30 for front and rear fitted.
>>
>> They only wanted $50 for my Forrester's blades,
>
> $11.50 for the Magna's when I replaced them from the auto parts store
>
>> told them to stick it and went to Supercheap.
>
> Supercheap aren't that super cheap. I find Autobahn are better

Supercheap are 5 minutes away, Autobahn 20 or more, I'd spend the
difference or more in petrol.

Re: Service con job...

<khcr0nFpeumU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25265&group=aus.cars#25265

From: dwalford@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 21:48:39 +1000
 by: Daryl - Fri, 14 Jul 2023 11:48 UTC

On 14/7/2023 7:31 pm, Grumpy Tech wrote:
> On 14/07/2023 6:46 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>> Grumpy Tech wrote:
>>> Had the Outback serviced yesterday and get a call to say that my
>>> wiper blades are streaking.
>>>
>>> In January the same thing had happened and I declined having them
>>> replaced as they were still okay as far as I was concerned.
>>>
>>> Drove to Victoria in late March through a fair bit of rain some of
>>> which was torrential. By the time I got down there the wipers were
>>> starting to grab so I went the the local Subaru dealer and paid the
>>> extortion to have them replaced. It was raining a fair bit so it made
>>> sense to get it done.
>>
>> you can't replace wiper blades yourself? any fool can do it. or just
>> buy them from an auto parts store, at about a third of what a dealer
>> would charge, and they'll often replace them for nothing.
>
> The autoparts store where I was, was staffed by young ladies at the time
> and couldn't find the right blades for my vehicle. They did have very
> limited stock in the store as well.
>>

>>> Cue the call yesterday and I said to the service advisor that they
>>> replaced in April, I have the receipt, if they are faulty now replace
>>> them under warranty as they should last longer than 3 months...
>>
>> they last many years. I only ever replaced one set on the Magna in 13
>> years, and the Lancer still has the original blades from 2017.
>> however, where you live they probably last less time than in Victoria
>> due to your climate
>
> Comprehension issues again... I was in Victoria, been back in Qld for 2
> months and it hasn't been hot.

Only replacing his wiper blades twice in 13yrs is not only cheap its
actually dangerous and I have no doubt the car would have been
unroadworthy, the wiper blades would deteriorated even if the car was
parked in a garage covered up for that long.

>>> Get there to pick up the car to be advised that they decided to
>>> "lubricate" the blades and I should see how they go....
>>
>> lubricate wiper blades?? hahaha...
>
> You can use silicon spray on them, but there was no evidence of this
> having been done. Pity they won't allow you to leave the dash cam on
> when they are servicing the car...

Best thing you can do for your wiper blades is to clean them, some say
to wipe them with something like WD40 but just a damp cloth works well.

--
Daryl

Re: Service con job...

<khcr7cFpeumU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25266&group=aus.cars#25266

From: dwalford@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 21:52:12 +1000
 by: Daryl - Fri, 14 Jul 2023 11:52 UTC

On 14/7/2023 7:24 pm, Grumpy Tech wrote:
> On 14/07/2023 6:20 pm, Daryl wrote:
>> On 14/7/2023 4:12 pm, Grumpy Tech wrote:
>>> Had the Outback serviced yesterday and get a call to say that my
>>> wiper blades are streaking.
>>>
>>> In January the same thing had happened and I declined having them
>>> replaced as they were still okay as far as I was concerned.
>>>
>>> Drove to Victoria in late March through a fair bit of rain some of
>>> which was torrential. By the time I got down there the wipers were
>>> starting to grab so I went the the local Subaru dealer and paid the
>>> extortion to have them replaced. It was raining a fair bit so it made
>>> sense to get it done.
>>
>> How much did they charge you for wiper blades?
>
> $72.30 for front and rear fitted.

That's Subaru dealer prices for you.

>>> Cue the call yesterday and I said to the service advisor that they
>>> replaced in April, I have the receipt, if they are faulty now replace
>>> them under warranty as they should last longer than 3 months...
>>>
>>> Get there to pick up the car to be advised that they decided to
>>> "lubricate" the blades and I should see how they go....
>>>
>>> Battery terminals have corrosion on them after the service and no
>>> sign of any lubricant on those. What am I paying them for....
>>
>> LOL, good question.
>>

> I can't wait for their customer satisfaction survey this time. My
> response may trigger their censors!!
>
> I'm looking at getting some Holts PEP Corrosion Preventative and putting
> on them. Just looked at Autobarn it's $12.99 or you can get it from ebay
> for $45!!

Good idea to put something on your battery terminals, I get rid of the
corrosion by flushing it away with very hot water then using something
like Vaseline to prevent any more corrosion.

--
Daryl

Re: Service con job...

<khcukoFq2ahU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25270&group=aus.cars#25270

From: felix@goaway.now (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 22:50:31 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Fri, 14 Jul 2023 12:50 UTC

Daryl wrote:
> On 14/7/2023 7:31 pm, Grumpy Tech wrote:

>>> you can't replace wiper blades yourself? any fool can do it. or just
>>> buy them from an auto parts store, at about a third of what a dealer
>>> would charge, and they'll often replace them for nothing.
>>
>> The autoparts store where I was, was staffed by young ladies at the
>> time and couldn't find the right blades for my vehicle. They did have
>> very limited stock in the store as well.

>>> they last many years. I only ever replaced one set on the Magna in
>>> 13 years, and the Lancer still has the original blades from 2017.
>>> however, where you live they probably last less time than in
>>> Victoria due to your climate
>>
>> Comprehension issues again... I was in Victoria, been back in Qld for
>> 2 months and it hasn't been hot.
>
> Only replacing his wiper blades twice in 13yrs is not only cheap its
> actually dangerous and I have no doubt the car would have been
> unroadworthy, the wiper blades would deteriorated even if the car was
> parked in a garage covered up for that long.

here's a clue for the clueless.. if the wiper blades work as intended,
ie. properly, they don't need replacing

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!
https://imgur.com/gallery/v4u4c15

Re: Service con job...

<khcuu0Fq20fU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25271&group=aus.cars#25271

From: dwalford@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 22:55:28 +1000
 by: Daryl - Fri, 14 Jul 2023 12:55 UTC

On 14/7/2023 9:41 pm, Keithr0 wrote:
> On 14/07/2023 9:23 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>> Keithr0 wrote:

>>> They only wanted $50 for my Forrester's blades,
>>
>> $11.50 for the Magna's when I replaced them from the auto parts store
>>
>>> told them to stick it and went to Supercheap.
>>
>> Supercheap aren't that super cheap. I find Autobahn are better
>
> Supercheap are 5 minutes away, Autobahn 20 or more, I'd spend the
> difference or more in petrol.

Same here, Supercheap is local, Autobahn and Repco are 15km away.
Supercheap prices are reasonable enough for small items and I watch for
specials, bought some oil to service my wife's VW yesterday at $20.00
off so a good price.
--
Daryl

Re: Service con job...

<u8rj2r$1eov$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25275&group=aus.cars#25275

From: me@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 23:37:31 +1000
 by: Noddy - Fri, 14 Jul 2023 13:37 UTC

On 14/07/2023 9:48 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 14/7/2023 7:31 pm, Grumpy Tech wrote:

>> Comprehension issues again... I was in Victoria, been back in Qld for
>> 2 months and it hasn't been hot.
>
> Only replacing his wiper blades twice in 13yrs is not only cheap its
> actually dangerous and I have no doubt the car would have been
> unroadworthy, the wiper blades would deteriorated even if the car was
> parked in a garage covered up for that long.

Remember this is the car that he happily drove around on cracked tyres
that were way past their use-by date and were unroadworthy.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Service con job...

<khd2naFqn30U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25277&group=aus.cars#25277

From: xenolith@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2023 00:00:09 +1000
 by: Xeno - Fri, 14 Jul 2023 14:00 UTC

On 14/7/2023 10:50 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> Daryl wrote:

>>> The autoparts store where I was, was staffed by young ladies at the
>>> time and couldn't find the right blades for my vehicle. They did have
>>> very limited stock in the store as well.

>>> Comprehension issues again... I was in Victoria, been back in Qld for
>>> 2 months and it hasn't been hot.
>>
>> Only replacing his wiper blades twice in 13yrs is not only cheap its
>> actually dangerous and I have no doubt the car would have been
>> unroadworthy, the wiper blades would deteriorated even if the car was
>> parked in a garage covered up for that long.
>
> here's a clue for the clueless.. if the wiper blades work as intended,
> ie. properly, they don't need replacing

True. If your car is kept in a garage and not exposed to the sun day in,
day out, then they will last a very long time. Mine are up to 7+, still
operate perfectly. Had to change the Suzuki blades already but it sees a
*lot of sun*.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Service con job...

<khd87vFrjq2U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25280&group=aus.cars#25280

From: felix@goaway.now (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2023 01:34:21 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Fri, 14 Jul 2023 15:34 UTC

Xeno wrote:
> On 14/7/2023 10:50 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>> Daryl wrote:

>>> Only replacing his wiper blades twice in 13yrs is not only cheap its
>>> actually dangerous and I have no doubt the car would have been
>>> unroadworthy, the wiper blades would deteriorated even if the car
>>> was parked in a garage covered up for that long.
>>
>> here's a clue for the clueless.. if the wiper blades work as
>> intended, ie. properly, they don't need replacing
>>
> True. If your car is kept in a garage and not exposed to the sun day
> in, day out, then they will last a very long time. Mine are up to 7+,
> still operate perfectly. Had to change the Suzuki blades already but
> it sees a *lot of sun*.

it's incredible that such things need to be explained to them, isn't it.
but we are talking about the FLC..

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!
https://imgur.com/gallery/v4u4c15

Re: Service con job...

<khdm62FtnjhU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25281&group=aus.cars#25281

From: trevor@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2023 05:32:18 +1000
 by: Trevor Wilson - Fri, 14 Jul 2023 19:32 UTC

On 14/07/2023 4:12 pm, Grumpy Tech wrote:
> Had the Outback serviced yesterday and get a call to say that my wiper
> blades are streaking.
>
> In January the same thing had happened and I declined having them
> replaced as they were still okay as far as I was concerned.
>
> Drove to Victoria in late March through a fair bit of rain some of which
> was torrential. By the time I got down there the wipers were starting to
> grab so I went the the local Subaru dealer and paid the extortion to
> have them replaced. It was raining a fair bit so it made sense to get it
> done.
>
> Cue the call yesterday and I said to the service advisor that they
> replaced in April, I have the receipt, if they are faulty now replace
> them under warranty as they should last longer than 3 months...
>
> Get there to pick up the car to be advised that they decided to
> "lubricate" the blades and I should see how they go....
>
> Battery terminals have corrosion on them after the service and no sign
> of any lubricant on those. What am I paying them for....

**First question: Why on Earth would you have your car serviced by a
dealer?

I had my Subie's first service at the dealer. It was the last service I
would allow them to do on the car. My regular mechanic performs a
handbook service at around $140.00 less. My wiper blades are coming up
for 6 years old and they are in perfect nick. I reckon you are being
taken for a ride.

Re: Service con job...

<khe3ioF168sU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25292&group=aus.cars#25292

From: dwalford@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2023 09:20:56 +1000
 by: Daryl - Fri, 14 Jul 2023 23:20 UTC

On 15/7/2023 5:32 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 14/07/2023 4:12 pm, Grumpy Tech wrote:
>> Had the Outback serviced yesterday and get a call to say that my wiper
>> blades are streaking.
>>
>> In January the same thing had happened and I declined having them
>> replaced as they were still okay as far as I was concerned.
>>
>> Drove to Victoria in late March through a fair bit of rain some of
>> which was torrential. By the time I got down there the wipers were
>> starting to grab so I went the the local Subaru dealer and paid the
>> extortion to have them replaced. It was raining a fair bit so it made
>> sense to get it done.
>>
>> Cue the call yesterday and I said to the service advisor that they
>> replaced in April, I have the receipt, if they are faulty now replace
>> them under warranty as they should last longer than 3 months...
>>
>> Get there to pick up the car to be advised that they decided to
>> "lubricate" the blades and I should see how they go....
>>
>> Battery terminals have corrosion on them after the service and no sign
>> of any lubricant on those. What am I paying them for....
>
> **First question: Why on Earth would you have your car serviced by a
> dealer?
>
> I had my Subie's first service at the dealer. It was the last service I
> would allow them to do on the car. My regular mechanic performs a
> handbook service at around $140.00 less.

I'd be suspicious of that low price, with the way prices are at the
moment if you pay retail price just for good quality oil and filter you
could easily pay $100 just for those 2 items, your mechanic would pay
less if he buys in bulk but at $140 he's making very little money so he
won't be doing anything other than a very basic oil and filter change.
I'm servicing my wife's Golf this morning, the cost of the oil and
filter is over $80 and that's with the oil being on special at
Supercheap $20 off normal retail for 5 litres.

My wiper blades are coming up
> for 6 years old and they are in perfect nick.

For some reason the wipers on our Subaru's always seemed to worked
better than any other car.
Porsche wipers passed a roadworthy but they were crap so I replaced
them, can't remember exactly what I paid but less than $30.00.

I reckon you are being
> taken for a ride.

With the price for sure, the hotter Qld weather may have deteriorated
them so they may have needed replacing.
I've found that a very good clean of the windscreen and just cleaning
the wiper blades with a damp cloth often makes them work a lot better.

--
Daryl

Re: Service con job...

<khe8r6F21mmU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25295&group=aus.cars#25295

From: felix@goaway.now (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2023 10:50:45 +1000
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sat, 15 Jul 2023 00:50 UTC

Daryl wrote:
> On 15/7/2023 5:32 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>> On 14/07/2023 4:12 pm, Grumpy Tech wrote:
>>> Had the Outback serviced yesterday and get a call to say that my
>>> wiper blades are streaking.
>>>
>>> In January the same thing had happened and I declined having them
>>> replaced as they were still okay as far as I was concerned.
>>>
>>> Drove to Victoria in late March through a fair bit of rain some of
>>> which was torrential. By the time I got down there the wipers were
>>> starting to grab so I went the the local Subaru dealer and paid the
>>> extortion to have them replaced. It was raining a fair bit so it
>>> made sense to get it done.
>>>
>>> Cue the call yesterday and I said to the service advisor that they
>>> replaced in April, I have the receipt, if they are faulty now
>>> replace them under warranty as they should last longer than 3 months...
>>>
>>> Get there to pick up the car to be advised that they decided to
>>> "lubricate" the blades and I should see how they go....
>>>
>>> Battery terminals have corrosion on them after the service and no
>>> sign of any lubricant on those. What am I paying them for....
>>
>> **First question: Why on Earth would you have your car serviced by a
>> dealer?
>>
>> I had my Subie's first service at the dealer. It was the last service
>> I would allow them to do on the car. My regular mechanic performs a
>> handbook service at around $140.00 less.
>
> I'd be suspicious of that low price, with the way prices are at the
> moment if you pay retail price just for good quality oil and filter
> you could easily pay $100 just for those 2 items, your mechanic would
> pay less if he buys in bulk but at $140 he's making very little money
> so he won't be doing anything other than a very basic oil and filter
> change.
> I'm servicing my wife's Golf this morning, the cost of the oil and
> filter is over $80 and that's with the oil being on special at
> Supercheap $20 off normal retail for 5 litres.

try reading what Trevor said again, and see if you can understand it..

>  My wiper blades are coming up
>> for 6 years old and they are in perfect nick.
>
> For some reason the wipers on our Subaru's always seemed to worked
> better than any other car.
> Porsche wipers passed a roadworthy but they were crap so I replaced
> them, can't remember exactly what I paid but less than $30.00.
>
>  I reckon you are being
>> taken for a ride.
>>
> With the price for sure, the hotter Qld weather may have deteriorated
> them so they may have needed replacing.
> I've found that a very good clean of the windscreen and just cleaning
> the wiper blades with a damp cloth often makes them work a lot better.

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!
https://imgur.com/gallery/v4u4c15

Re: Service con job...

<khea3eF261mU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25297&group=aus.cars#25297

From: trevor@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2023 11:12:14 +1000
 by: Trevor Wilson - Sat, 15 Jul 2023 01:12 UTC

On 15/07/2023 9:20 am, Daryl wrote:
> On 15/7/2023 5:32 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>> On 14/07/2023 4:12 pm, Grumpy Tech wrote:
>>> Had the Outback serviced yesterday and get a call to say that my
>>> wiper blades are streaking.
>>>
>>> In January the same thing had happened and I declined having them
>>> replaced as they were still okay as far as I was concerned.
>>>
>>> Drove to Victoria in late March through a fair bit of rain some of
>>> which was torrential. By the time I got down there the wipers were
>>> starting to grab so I went the the local Subaru dealer and paid the
>>> extortion to have them replaced. It was raining a fair bit so it made
>>> sense to get it done.
>>>
>>> Cue the call yesterday and I said to the service advisor that they
>>> replaced in April, I have the receipt, if they are faulty now replace
>>> them under warranty as they should last longer than 3 months...
>>>
>>> Get there to pick up the car to be advised that they decided to
>>> "lubricate" the blades and I should see how they go....
>>>
>>> Battery terminals have corrosion on them after the service and no
>>> sign of any lubricant on those. What am I paying them for....
>>
>> **First question: Why on Earth would you have your car serviced by a
>> dealer?
>>
>> I had my Subie's first service at the dealer. It was the last service
>> I would allow them to do on the car. My regular mechanic performs a
>> handbook service at around $140.00 less.
>
> I'd be suspicious of that low price,

**Why? I've been using the same mechanic for more than 20 years. He has
never steered me wrong. He does the service by the book, has the car
ready when he says so. He even takes me to the nearest railway station
and picks me up. The Subaru dealer lost my key thingy and kept me
waiting for more than an hour, while their incompetent employees
searched for it. FWIW: My key is encased in a nice, non slip silicone
rubber thing, which makes it easy to pick from all the other, identical,
Subaru keys.

with the way prices are at the
> moment if you pay retail price just for good quality oil and filter you
> could easily pay $100 just for those 2 items, your mechanic would pay
> less if he buys in bulk but at $140 he's making very little money so he
> won't be doing anything other than a very basic oil and filter change.
> I'm servicing my wife's Golf this morning, the cost of the oil and
> filter is over $80 and that's with the oil being on special at
> Supercheap $20 off normal retail for 5 litres.

**My mechanic does OK. He owns his factory unit, which has 5 hoists. He
drives a second hand Lexus 4WD, because, in his words: "It's the same
car as the Landcruiser, but with a bit more bling and it was 20 Grand
cheaper than the Toyota." His wife has a CX3 and his weekend car is a
'67 Mustang. I've seen everything in his workshop, from an S-Class, '57
Corvette, GT40 replica + Cobra replica to a first generation, completely
unmolested WRX.

I trust him completely.

FWIW: MY local Subaru dealer (where I didn't buy my car) has a terrible
rep for damaging cars that are left for service. So much so, that when I
delivered my car for it's recall a few months back, I took more than 20
photos of the car, just in case. I needn't have bothered. When I
arrived, the reception guy took another dozen pics of my car. We got to
talking (WRX owner to Levorg owner) and he took special attention (I
think), by ensuring my car was parked well away from any others, after
the service.

I will still use my mechanic. He is exceptional.

>  My wiper blades are coming up
>> for 6 years old and they are in perfect nick.
>
> For some reason the wipers on our Subaru's always seemed to worked
> better than any other car.
> Porsche wipers passed a roadworthy but they were crap so I replaced
> them, can't remember exactly what I paid but less than $30.00.
>
>  I reckon you are being
>> taken for a ride.
>>
> With the price for sure, the hotter Qld weather may have deteriorated
> them so they may have needed replacing.
> I've found that a very good clean of the windscreen and just cleaning
> the wiper blades with a damp cloth often makes them work a lot better.

**Precisely.

Re: Service con job...

<kheer3F2u4rU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25300&group=aus.cars#25300

From: xenolith@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2023 12:33:07 +1000
 by: Xeno - Sat, 15 Jul 2023 02:33 UTC

On 15/7/2023 1:34 am, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> Xeno wrote:

>>> here's a clue for the clueless.. if the wiper blades work as
>>> intended, ie. properly, they don't need replacing
>>>
>> True. If your car is kept in a garage and not exposed to the sun day
>> in, day out, then they will last a very long time. Mine are up to 7+,
>> still operate perfectly. Had to change the Suzuki blades already but
>> it sees a *lot of sun*.
>

> it's incredible that such things need to be explained to them, isn't it.
> but we are talking about the FLC..

It is indeed, and sad too.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Service con job...

<kheg14F2u4rU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25303&group=aus.cars#25303

From: xenolith@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2023 12:53:24 +1000
 by: Xeno - Sat, 15 Jul 2023 02:53 UTC

On 15/7/2023 9:20 am, Daryl wrote:
> On 15/7/2023 5:32 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>> On 14/07/2023 4:12 pm, Grumpy Tech wrote:
>>> Had the Outback serviced yesterday and get a call to say that my
>>> wiper blades are streaking.
>>>
>>> In January the same thing had happened and I declined having them
>>> replaced as they were still okay as far as I was concerned.
>>>
>>> Drove to Victoria in late March through a fair bit of rain some of
>>> which was torrential. By the time I got down there the wipers were
>>> starting to grab so I went the the local Subaru dealer and paid the
>>> extortion to have them replaced. It was raining a fair bit so it made
>>> sense to get it done.
>>>
>>> Cue the call yesterday and I said to the service advisor that they
>>> replaced in April, I have the receipt, if they are faulty now replace
>>> them under warranty as they should last longer than 3 months...
>>>
>>> Get there to pick up the car to be advised that they decided to
>>> "lubricate" the blades and I should see how they go....
>>>
>>> Battery terminals have corrosion on them after the service and no
>>> sign of any lubricant on those. What am I paying them for....
>>
>> **First question: Why on Earth would you have your car serviced by a
>> dealer?
>>
>> I had my Subie's first service at the dealer. It was the last service
>> I would allow them to do on the car. My regular mechanic performs a
>> handbook service at around $140.00 less.
>
> I'd be suspicious of that low price, with the way prices are at the
> moment if you pay retail price just for good quality oil and filter you
> could easily pay $100 just for those 2 items, your mechanic would pay
> less if he buys in bulk but at $140 he's making very little money so he
> won't be doing anything other than a very basic oil and filter change.
> I'm servicing my wife's Golf this morning, the cost of the oil and
> filter is over $80 and that's with the oil being on special at
> Supercheap $20 off normal retail for 5 litres.
>

>  My wiper blades are coming up
>> for 6 years old and they are in perfect nick.
>
> For some reason the wipers on our Subaru's always seemed to worked
> better than any other car.
> Porsche wipers passed a roadworthy but they were crap so I replaced
> them, can't remember exactly what I paid but less than $30.00.
>
>  I reckon you are being
>> taken for a ride.
>>
> With the price for sure, the hotter Qld weather may have deteriorated
> them so they may have needed replacing.
> I've found that a very good clean of the windscreen and just cleaning
> the wiper blades with a damp cloth often makes them work a lot better.

Cleaning the windscreen and blades will do jack if the blade inserts
have gone hard or are not sitting at right angles to the glass. If the
inserts have gone hard, replace inserts with *good quality* aftermarket
or genuine inserts - or complete blades if the blade frames are worn.
Next check that the blades correctly flop over at the end of their
travel. If not, readjust the arm angle so the blades sit exactly at
right angles to the glass and the blades flop over at each end of their
travel. Naturally you will also clean the screen.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Service con job...

<khegb8F31l5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=25304&group=aus.cars#25304

From: dwalford@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2023 12:58:47 +1000
 by: Daryl - Sat, 15 Jul 2023 02:58 UTC

On 15/7/2023 11:12 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 15/07/2023 9:20 am, Daryl wrote:

>>> **First question: Why on Earth would you have your car serviced by a
>>> dealer?
>>>
>>> I had my Subie's first service at the dealer. It was the last service
>>> I would allow them to do on the car. My regular mechanic performs a
>>> handbook service at around $140.00 less.
>>
>> I'd be suspicious of that low price,
>
> **Why? I've been using the same mechanic for more than 20 years. He has
> never steered me wrong. He does the service by the book, has the car
> ready when he says so. He even takes me to the nearest railway station
> and picks me up. The Subaru dealer lost my key thingy and kept me
> waiting for more than an hour, while their incompetent employees
> searched for it. FWIW: My key is encased in a nice, non slip silicone
> rubber thing, which makes it easy to pick from all the other, identical,
> Subaru keys.

Do the maths, add the price of the oil, filter and one hours labor to do
the job thoroughly, dealers labour rate is around $150 ph, independents
less but still around $100, even if yours charges $80ph one hour plus
parts cost more than $140, he can't be spending much time if he's only
charging $140.00
He may be pricing his servicing so low because if he doesn't he won't
get any work because he will be under cut by the numerous shonky quick
oil change places popping up, a young mechanic I know said that his boss
shut down his workshop because of the many dodgy "mechanics" in his area
that were doing work for less than his cost, they use the cheapest
possible oils and filters and only do very basic oil changes instead of
a proper service inspection, some are so shonky they don't even change
the filter, they just wipe it clean so it looks new.
I'm not saying your mechanic is doing a poor job but just beware of a
price that seems to good to be true, at the other end of the scale are
dealers that will charge you over $400 for the same job, a price
somewhere in the middle is more like it.

--
Daryl