You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on. -- Dean Martin

aus+uk / aus.cars / Got my cars detailed today...

SubjectAuthor
* Got my cars detailed today...lindsay
+* Got my cars detailed today...Noddy
|`* Got my cars detailed today...lindsay
| `- Got my cars detailed today...Noddy
`- Got my cars detailed today...Daryl

1
Got my cars detailed today...

<gQzmM.29799$IQR3.7449@fx45.iad>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24729&group=aus.cars#24729

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: nope@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Subject: Got my cars detailed today...
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2023 21:35:38 +1000
 by: lindsay - Tue, 27 Jun 2023 11:35 UTC

Finally after retiring, I got my Ranga, and the wife's IX-35; detailed
today. After years of fibreglass dust, I cannot see any more in the
ranga! It's as clean as a new one, and smells like one two. Threw the
neoprene seat covers in the bin, along with the mud bucket rubber mats.

Have new lambswool covers to put on, and some fitted rubber mats
https://tinyurl.com/25e3te2h which fit as tight as a fishes arse. Mate
put 'em on his ranga, and now my bus is clean inside and out, I'll fit
'em over the weekend...

Price for both cars was under $500, and he was on-site for nearly 7
hours. He's coming back on thursday morning to spend 10 mins removing
some soft surface scratches on the pax side of my bus from trees when i
went for a drive. :-D Name and number on request, they do both sides of
town (Melb)

Surely Noddy (sorry "Bestie" ), you've got your bus now?

Re: Got my cars detailed today...

<u7ek6a$1d0lb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24732&group=aus.cars#24732

From: me@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: Got my cars detailed today...
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2023 22:20:25 +1000
 by: Noddy - Tue, 27 Jun 2023 12:20 UTC

On 27/06/2023 9:35 pm, lindsay wrote:
> Finally after retiring, I got my Ranga, and the wife's IX-35; detailed
> today. After years of fibreglass dust, I cannot see any more in the
> ranga! It's as clean as a new one, and smells like one two. Threw the
> neoprene seat covers in the bin, along with the mud bucket rubber mats.
>
> Have new lambswool covers to put on, and some fitted rubber mats
> https://tinyurl.com/25e3te2h  which fit as tight as a fishes arse. Mate
> put 'em on his ranga, and now my bus is clean inside and out, I'll fit
> 'em over the weekend...
>
> Price for both cars was under $500, and he was on-site for nearly 7
> hours. He's coming back on thursday morning to spend 10 mins removing
> some soft surface scratches on the pax side of my bus from trees when i
> went for a drive. :-D  Name and number on request, they do both sides of
> town (Melb)

Sounds like good value for the amount of hours put in.

> Surely Noddy (sorry "Bestie" ), you've got your bus now?

Lol :)

I'm picking it up Thursday afternoon. It arrived at the dealership
yesterday. 14 months after I ordered it :)

Still, not as bad as some. Some people have been waiting more than 2
years for a new Rav4, and despite still waiting for their cars they've
copped three price hikes in that time with more likely to come. One tale
I read about from a bloke who is two years in said he's almost 7 grand
extra out of pocket on his car which has yet to arrive. He's not getting
anything extra for that money. Just the car he originally ordered.

The world is a mess at the moment.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Got my cars detailed today...

<kg03dkFlvrbU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24736&group=aus.cars#24736

From: dwalford@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2023 22:36:04 +1000
 by: Daryl - Tue, 27 Jun 2023 12:36 UTC

On 27/6/2023 9:35 pm, lindsay wrote:
> Finally after retiring, I got my Ranga, and the wife's IX-35; detailed
> today. After years of fibreglass dust, I cannot see any more in the
> ranga! It's as clean as a new one, and smells like one two. Threw the
> neoprene seat covers in the bin, along with the mud bucket rubber mats.
>
> Have new lambswool covers to put on, and some fitted rubber mats
> https://tinyurl.com/25e3te2h  which fit as tight as a fishes arse. Mate
> put 'em on his ranga, and now my bus is clean inside and out, I'll fit
> 'em over the weekend...
>
> Price for both cars was under $500, and he was on-site for nearly 7
> hours. He's coming back on thursday morning to spend 10 mins removing
> some soft surface scratches on the pax side of my bus from trees when i
> went for a drive. :-D  Name and number on request, they do both sides of
> town (Melb)

Sounds like a good deal.
I was thinking about getting my Boxster done, full paint correction etc
plus ceramic coating, cost around $600.00.
Mate had his Lotus ceramic coated and he says that the dirt just falls off.

--
Daryl

Re: Got my cars detailed today...

<s3unM.9$PbF4.0@fx07.iad>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24819&group=aus.cars#24819

From: nope@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2023 15:51:20 +1000
 by: lindsay - Fri, 30 Jun 2023 05:51 UTC

On 27/06/2023 10:20 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 27/06/2023 9:35 pm, lindsay wrote:
>> Finally after retiring, I got my Ranga, and the wife's IX-35; detailed
>> today. After years of fibreglass dust, I cannot see any more in the
>> ranga! It's as clean as a new one, and smells like one two. Threw the
>> neoprene seat covers in the bin, along with the mud bucket rubber mats.
>>
>> Have new lambswool covers to put on, and some fitted rubber mats
>> https://tinyurl.com/25e3te2h  which fit as tight as a fishes arse.
>> Mate put 'em on his ranga, and now my bus is clean inside and out,
>> I'll fit 'em over the weekend...
>>
>> Price for both cars was under $500, and he was on-site for nearly 7
>> hours. He's coming back on thursday morning to spend 10 mins removing
>> some soft surface scratches on the pax side of my bus from trees when
>> i went for a drive. :-D  Name and number on request, they do both
>> sides of town (Melb)
>
> Sounds like good value for the amount of hours put in.
>
>> Surely Noddy (sorry "Bestie" ), you've got your bus now?
>
> Lol :)
>
> I'm picking it up Thursday afternoon. It arrived at the dealership
> yesterday. 14 months after I ordered it :)

Finally!! Still, it'll be worth the wait.

> Still, not as bad as some. Some people have been waiting more than 2
> years for a new Rav4,

Yep, neighbour next door to my old factory is up to 12months plus.

and despite still waiting for their cars they've
> copped three price hikes in that time with more likely to come. One tale
> I read about from a bloke who is two years in said he's almost 7 grand
> extra out of pocket on his car which has yet to arrive. He's not getting
> anything extra for that money. Just the car he originally ordered.

I copped the exact same drama trying to buy a fucking tractor!! I needed
a new tractor, as my Deutz popped a couple of head gaskets, and was
generally fucked after the 8 years I had it. Was good to run a hydraulic
wood splitter off the 3pl, but to me, just more junk lying around. Spoke
to local Kubota dealer in Bairnsdale, and they were happy to string me
along except no contract of sale, no final price, no freight fees.. it
was basically " when we get one, we'll give you a call"... rang a
couple of times.. and no real answers. Fuck this, i need a tractor! Fire
season is only so long.. The scrub is getting longer, the tracks are
getting more impassable....So I rang another Kubota dealer in Morwell,
where i bought a couple of quad bikes from... had a chat, he said he
could provide a MX5200 in 8 weeks or less, $1000 cheaper, inc delivery.
Guess who got the sale? Then the flogs in Bairnsdale rang me 6 months
later, and proudly announced "Your tractor is here" :-D How do ya reckon
that went? I'd had mine for nearly 3 months... They wernt happy, but do
I give a shit?

Donald had it's first service last week or so: $650 or so on site,
(150+klm from their yard) great guys to deal with. very happy it's done
and dusted. Now looking for some pallet forks or maybe some bale
forks... see what happens. Buying a concrete mixer. that should make my
mates exercise a bit more than usual at the Grand Final Weekend. :-D

> The world is a mess at the moment.

Yep. And I'm so glad i'm not involved. My super is doing okay, so I dont
give a shit. I get fed a fistful of self supplied reddies every
fortnite. Quite surprised how easy the future looks.. Looking to get
amongst the pelagics off Perth in March/April 2024. In the *south-bound*
Leeuwin Current. :-D

Re: Got my cars detailed today...

<u7lug7$2fmdg$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24828&group=aus.cars#24828

From: me@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2023 16:59:19 +1000
 by: Noddy - Fri, 30 Jun 2023 06:59 UTC

On 30/06/2023 3:51 pm, lindsay wrote:
> On 27/06/2023 10:20 pm, Noddy wrote:

>  and despite still waiting for their cars they've
>> copped three price hikes in that time with more likely to come. One
>> tale I read about from a bloke who is two years in said he's almost 7
>> grand extra out of pocket on his car which has yet to arrive. He's not
>> getting anything extra for that money. Just the car he originally
>> ordered.
>
> I copped the exact same drama trying to buy a fucking tractor!! I needed
> a new tractor, as my Deutz popped a couple of head gaskets, and was
> generally fucked after the 8 years I had it. Was good to run a hydraulic
> wood splitter off the 3pl, but to me, just more junk lying around. Spoke
> to local Kubota dealer in Bairnsdale, and they were happy to string me
> along except no contract of sale, no final price, no freight fees.. it
> was basically " when we get one, we'll give you a call"...  rang a
> couple of times.. and no real answers. Fuck this, i need a tractor! Fire
> season is only so long.. The scrub is getting longer, the tracks are
> getting more impassable....So I rang another Kubota dealer in Morwell,
> where i bought a couple of quad bikes from... had a chat, he said he
> could provide a MX5200 in 8 weeks or less, $1000 cheaper, inc delivery.
> Guess who got the sale? Then the flogs in Bairnsdale rang me 6 months
> later, and proudly announced "Your tractor is here" :-D How do ya reckon
> that went? I'd had mine for nearly 3 months... They wernt happy, but do
> I give a shit?

I wouldn't either. They got exactly what they dished out to you: Nothing.

> Donald had it's first service last week or so: $650 or so on site,
> (150+klm from their yard) great guys to deal with. very happy it's done
> and dusted. Now looking for some pallet forks or maybe some bale
> forks... see what happens. Buying a concrete mixer. that should make my
> mates exercise a bit more than usual at the Grand Final Weekend. :-D

Lol :)

>> The world is a mess at the moment.
>
> Yep. And I'm so glad i'm not involved. My super is doing okay, so I dont
> give a shit. I get fed a fistful of self supplied reddies every
> fortnite. Quite surprised how easy the future looks..  Looking to get
> amongst the pelagics off Perth in March/April 2024. In the *south-bound*
> Leeuwin Current. :-D

ROTFL :)

Stand by for the advisory from Captain Cuntchops about exactly where you
should be if you wish to avoid being towed away to Chile by the currents :)

Regards,
Noddy.

aus+uk / aus.cars / Got my cars detailed today...