As he had feared, his orders had been forgotten and everyone had brought the potato salad.

aus+uk / aus.cars / Car insurance....

SubjectAuthor
* Car insurance....lindsay
+* Car insurance....Daryl
|`* Car insurance....Noddy
| `* Car insurance....Daryl
|  `- Car insurance....Noddy
`* Car insurance....Noddy
 `* Car insurance....Trevor Wilson
  `- Car insurance....Noddy

1
Car insurance....

<LIzgM.2049$nbV.1887@fx47.iad>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24576&group=aus.cars#24576

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: nope@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Subject: Car insurance....
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2023 16:33:13 +1000
 by: lindsay - Fri, 9 Jun 2023 06:33 UTC

Seems GIO (one of Victoria's, if not Australia's largest insurers) is
under the pump. My insurance for the Ranger increased by 40%. My mates
Ranger copped the same increase.

Today, the wife's 2012 Hyundai IX35 AWD copped a 40.5% increase. From
$900 to $1300 to insure a IX35 for agreed value @ $16,000. LOL. Not
gunna happen. Not when AAMI will insure it comp starting at $490.

So that's 3 out of 3 policy's that have gone elsewhere.

If i was holding shares in GIO, i'd be selling 'em before they are
worthless.

Re: Car insurance....

<keg25bF8lieU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24578&group=aus.cars#24578

From: dwalford@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: Car insurance....
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2023 17:20:11 +1000
 by: Daryl - Fri, 9 Jun 2023 07:20 UTC

On 9/6/2023 4:33 pm, lindsay wrote:
> Seems GIO (one of Victoria's, if not Australia's largest insurers) is
> under the pump. My insurance for the Ranger increased by 40%. My mates
> Ranger copped the same increase.
>
> Today, the wife's 2012  Hyundai IX35 AWD copped a 40.5% increase. From
> $900 to $1300 to insure a IX35 for agreed value @ $16,000. LOL. Not
> gunna happen. Not when AAMI will insure it comp starting at $490.
>
> So that's 3 out of 3 policy's that have gone elsewhere.
>
> If i was holding shares in GIO, i'd be selling 'em before they are
> worthless.

Shannons are just as bad, insurance for my Porsche went up 25%, mate had
5 cars insured with Shannons and he was hit with a 30% increase.
I'm staying with Shannons because they are the only ones who do proper
agreed value, I could pay a premium half of what I pay now but with half
the value which isn't even close to what the car is worth so I won't be
changing.
I've had mixed results with AAMI car insurance, some good some bad (WRX
was off the road for 3mths because they fucked around fixing it) but
whatever you do stay away from their home insurance.
We had a burst water pipe under the old house which caused in my
estimate $8-10,000 worth of damage, fucking AAMI spent double that in an
effort to deny the claim, first they sent an "assessor" out who straight
up accused me of lying so he was told to fuck off, next was an
"engineer" with some expensive looking measuring equipment to measure
the floor levels, he was there for hours but still no claim resolution
so they sent someone else to do it all again.
Eventually the paid us a couple of thousand and that was it.
Utter cunts to deal with.

--
Daryl

Re: Car insurance....

<u5v0ik$1ss2h$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24583&group=aus.cars#24583

From: me@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2023 20:57:23 +1000
 by: Noddy - Fri, 9 Jun 2023 10:57 UTC

On 9/06/2023 4:33 pm, lindsay wrote:
> Seems GIO (one of Victoria's, if not Australia's largest insurers) is
> under the pump. My insurance for the Ranger increased by 40%. My mates
> Ranger copped the same increase.
>
> Today, the wife's 2012  Hyundai IX35 AWD copped a 40.5% increase. From
> $900 to $1300 to insure a IX35 for agreed value @ $16,000. LOL. Not
> gunna happen. Not when AAMI will insure it comp starting at $490.
>
> So that's 3 out of 3 policy's that have gone elsewhere.

It sucks. Trouble is they're all doing it. $490 for the IX35 isn't bad,
so I just did an online quote with them for the Ranger and they want
$1690. Shannons is 980 bucks :)

> If i was holding shares in GIO, i'd be selling 'em before they are
> worthless.

The world sucks arse at the moment.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Car insurance....

<u5v111$1ss2h$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24584&group=aus.cars#24584

From: me@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2023 21:05:04 +1000
 by: Noddy - Fri, 9 Jun 2023 11:05 UTC

On 9/06/2023 5:20 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 9/6/2023 4:33 pm, lindsay wrote:
>> Seems GIO (one of Victoria's, if not Australia's largest insurers) is
>> under the pump. My insurance for the Ranger increased by 40%. My mates
>> Ranger copped the same increase.
>>
>> Today, the wife's 2012  Hyundai IX35 AWD copped a 40.5% increase. From
>> $900 to $1300 to insure a IX35 for agreed value @ $16,000. LOL. Not
>> gunna happen. Not when AAMI will insure it comp starting at $490.
>>
>> So that's 3 out of 3 policy's that have gone elsewhere.
>>
>> If i was holding shares in GIO, i'd be selling 'em before they are
>> worthless.
>

> Shannons are just as bad, insurance for my Porsche went up 25%, mate had
> 5 cars insured with Shannons and he was hit with a 30% increase.
> I'm staying with Shannons because they are the only ones who do proper
> agreed value, I could pay a premium half of what I pay now but with half
> the value which isn't even close to what the car is worth so I won't be
> changing.

I've got everything with Shannons here, and their premiums all went up
recently. 20% on the cars and 18% on the house and contents if I
remember correctly. I thought they were getting expensive so I shopped
around before renewing my policies and found that even though what I was
paying them seemed like fuckloads, it was fuckloads less than what a
whole bunch of other people wanted to charge me.

Needless to say I'm still with them :)

> I've had mixed results with AAMI car insurance, some good some bad (WRX
> was off the road for 3mths because they fucked around fixing it) but
> whatever you do stay away from their home insurance.
> We had a burst water pipe under the old house which caused in my
> estimate $8-10,000 worth of damage, fucking AAMI spent double that in an
> effort to deny the claim, first they sent an "assessor" out who straight
> up accused me of lying so he was told to fuck off, next was an
> "engineer" with some expensive looking measuring equipment to measure
> the floor levels, he was there for hours but still no claim resolution
> so they sent someone else to do it all again.
> Eventually the paid us a couple of thousand and that was it.
> Utter cunts to deal with.

I was with AAMI for years and only ever made one (car) claim with them,
and it was settled spectacularly well. To the point where they gave me
an extra 5 grand above the agreed value price and despite me asking them
repeatedly if they hadn't got my claim mixed up with someone else they
insisted the price they were paying was fair and reasonable and they
were happy to pay it.

On the other hand, I've probably heard more stories of cunty behaviour
about them from other people than I have every other insurer combined.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Car insurance....

<kegj87Fb8muU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24586&group=aus.cars#24586

From: dwalford@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2023 22:11:51 +1000
 by: Daryl - Fri, 9 Jun 2023 12:11 UTC

On 9/6/2023 9:05 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 9/06/2023 5:20 pm, Daryl wrote:
>> On 9/6/2023 4:33 pm, lindsay wrote:
>>> Seems GIO (one of Victoria's, if not Australia's largest insurers) is
>>> under the pump. My insurance for the Ranger increased by 40%. My
>>> mates Ranger copped the same increase.
>>>
>>> Today, the wife's 2012  Hyundai IX35 AWD copped a 40.5% increase.
>>> From $900 to $1300 to insure a IX35 for agreed value @ $16,000. LOL.
>>> Not gunna happen. Not when AAMI will insure it comp starting at $490.
>>>
>>> So that's 3 out of 3 policy's that have gone elsewhere.
>>>
>>> If i was holding shares in GIO, i'd be selling 'em before they are
>>> worthless.
>>

>> Shannons are just as bad, insurance for my Porsche went up 25%, mate
>> had 5 cars insured with Shannons and he was hit with a 30% increase.
>> I'm staying with Shannons because they are the only ones who do proper
>> agreed value, I could pay a premium half of what I pay now but with
>> half the value which isn't even close to what the car is worth so I
>> won't be changing.
>
> I've got everything with Shannons here, and their premiums all went up
> recently. 20% on the cars and 18% on the house and contents if I
> remember correctly. I thought they were getting expensive so I shopped
> around before renewing my policies and found that even though what I was
> paying them seemed like fuckloads, it was fuckloads less than what a
> whole bunch of other people wanted to charge me.
>
> Needless to say I'm still with them :)
>
>> I've had mixed results with AAMI car insurance, some good some bad
>> (WRX was off the road for 3mths because they fucked around fixing it)
>> but whatever you do stay away from their home insurance.
>> We had a burst water pipe under the old house which caused in my
>> estimate $8-10,000 worth of damage, fucking AAMI spent double that in
>> an effort to deny the claim, first they sent an "assessor" out who
>> straight up accused me of lying so he was told to fuck off, next was
>> an "engineer" with some expensive looking measuring equipment to
>> measure the floor levels, he was there for hours but still no claim
>> resolution so they sent someone else to do it all again.
>> Eventually the paid us a couple of thousand and that was it.
>> Utter cunts to deal with.
>
> I was with AAMI for years and only ever made one (car) claim with them,
> and it was settled spectacularly well. To the point where they gave me
> an extra 5 grand above the agreed value price and despite me asking them
> repeatedly if they hadn't got my claim mixed up with someone else they
> insisted the price they were paying was fair and reasonable and they
> were happy to pay it.
>
> On the other hand, I've probably heard more stories of cunty behaviour
> about them from other people than I have every other insurer combined.

Insurance companies in general are by far getting more difficult to deal
with, could have a lot to do with their recent heavy losses with bush
fires then floods and they are spreading the cost to all their
customers, I can understand premium rises but being arseholes over
claims is IMHO going too far.

--
Daryl

Re: Car insurance....

<keheqjFfblgU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24588&group=aus.cars#24588

From: trevor@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2023 06:02:27 +1000
 by: Trevor Wilson - Fri, 9 Jun 2023 20:02 UTC

On 9/06/2023 8:57 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 9/06/2023 4:33 pm, lindsay wrote:
>> Seems GIO (one of Victoria's, if not Australia's largest insurers) is
>> under the pump. My insurance for the Ranger increased by 40%. My mates
>> Ranger copped the same increase.
>>
>> Today, the wife's 2012  Hyundai IX35 AWD copped a 40.5% increase. From
>> $900 to $1300 to insure a IX35 for agreed value @ $16,000. LOL. Not
>> gunna happen. Not when AAMI will insure it comp starting at $490.
>>
>> So that's 3 out of 3 policy's that have gone elsewhere.
>
> It sucks. Trouble is they're all doing it. $490 for the IX35 isn't bad,
> so I just did an online quote with them for the Ranger and they want
> $1690. Shannons is 980 bucks :)
>
>> If i was holding shares in GIO, i'd be selling 'em before they are
>> worthless.
>
> The world sucks arse at the moment.

**If you think it's bad right now, wait until those dumb Americans vote
Trump back in.

Re: Car insurance....

<u60bes$21il3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24589&group=aus.cars#24589

From: me@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2023 09:09:16 +1000
 by: Noddy - Fri, 9 Jun 2023 23:09 UTC

On 10/06/2023 6:02 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 9/06/2023 8:57 pm, Noddy wrote:
>> On 9/06/2023 4:33 pm, lindsay wrote:
>>> Seems GIO (one of Victoria's, if not Australia's largest insurers) is
>>> under the pump. My insurance for the Ranger increased by 40%. My
>>> mates Ranger copped the same increase.
>>>
>>> Today, the wife's 2012  Hyundai IX35 AWD copped a 40.5% increase.
>>> From $900 to $1300 to insure a IX35 for agreed value @ $16,000. LOL.
>>> Not gunna happen. Not when AAMI will insure it comp starting at $490.
>>>
>>> So that's 3 out of 3 policy's that have gone elsewhere.
>>
>> It sucks. Trouble is they're all doing it. $490 for the IX35 isn't
>> bad, so I just did an online quote with them for the Ranger and they
>> want $1690. Shannons is 980 bucks :)
>>
>>> If i was holding shares in GIO, i'd be selling 'em before they are
>>> worthless.
>>
>> The world sucks arse at the moment.
>>

> **If you think it's bad right now, wait until those dumb Americans vote
> Trump back in.

I don't think they will but will instead opt for that other Republican
fuckwit DeSantis, but either way the result will be the same. It will
make little difference to anything as the country is *already* a mess.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Car insurance....

<u60bh7$21il3$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=24590&group=aus.cars#24590

From: me@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2023 09:10:31 +1000
 by: Noddy - Fri, 9 Jun 2023 23:10 UTC

On 9/06/2023 10:11 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 9/6/2023 9:05 pm, Noddy wrote:

>> I was with AAMI for years and only ever made one (car) claim with
>> them, and it was settled spectacularly well. To the point where they
>> gave me an extra 5 grand above the agreed value price and despite me
>> asking them repeatedly if they hadn't got my claim mixed up with
>> someone else they insisted the price they were paying was fair and
>> reasonable and they were happy to pay it.
>>
>> On the other hand, I've probably heard more stories of cunty behaviour
>> about them from other people than I have every other insurer combined.
>>

> Insurance companies in general are by far getting more difficult to deal
> with, could have a lot to do with their recent heavy losses with bush
> fires then floods and they are spreading the cost to all their
> customers, I can understand premium rises but being arseholes over
> claims is IMHO going too far.

A lot of them have changed ownership fairly recently as well, and not
for the better.

Regards,
Noddy.

aus+uk / aus.cars / Car insurance....