Sex dumps core (Sex is a Simple editor for X11) -- Seen on debian bugtracking

aus+uk / uk.d-i-y / Old 2 gang wall socket with vertical screw holes

SubjectAuthor
* Old 2 gang wall socket with vertical screw holesLilly the punk
+* Re: Old 2 gang wall socket with vertical screw holesThe Natural Philosopher
|`- Re: Old 2 gang wall socket with vertical screw holesLilly the punk
`* Re: Old 2 gang wall socket with vertical screw holesalan_m
 `- Re: Old 2 gang wall socket with vertical screw holesLilly the punk

1
Old 2 gang wall socket with vertical screw holes

<v08ilm$1mdnd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=129268&group=uk.d-i-y#129268

From: sugarplum@protonmail.invalid (Lilly the punk)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Old 2 gang wall socket with vertical screw holes
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2024 16:04:16 +0100
 by: Lilly the punk - Tue, 23 Apr 2024 15:04 UTC

I need a 2 gang wall socket for my kitchen but the one I need to replace has
a screw in the middle of it top and bottom instead of left and right and it
would be a real pain to have to replace the patress box does anyone know
where I could source such a thing?

Thanks.

Re: Old 2 gang wall socket with vertical screw holes

<v08k2u$1mlir$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=129271&group=uk.d-i-y#129271

From: tnp@invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2024 16:28:30 +0100
 by: The Natural Philosop - Tue, 23 Apr 2024 15:28 UTC

On 23/04/2024 16:04, Lilly the punk wrote:
> I need a 2 gang wall socket for my kitchen but the one I need to replace
> has a screw in the middle of it top and bottom instead of left and right
> and it would be a real pain to have to replace the patress box does
> anyone know where I could source such a thing?
>
> Thanks.

Nothing to replacing a pattress box. Did you mean a backing box? Not
much to replacing that, either

And there is a chance it has the right holes for a normal front already,
as well

--
In a Time of Universal Deceit, Telling the Truth Is a Revolutionary Act.

- George Orwell

Re: Old 2 gang wall socket with vertical screw holes

<v08kl3$1mql2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=129272&group=uk.d-i-y#129272

From: sugarplum@protonmail.invalid (Lilly the punk)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2024 16:38:06 +0100
 by: Lilly the punk - Tue, 23 Apr 2024 15:38 UTC

On 23/04/2024 16:04, Lilly the punk wrote:
> I need a 2 gang wall socket for my kitchen but the one I need to replace
> has a screw in the middle of it top and bottom instead of left and right
> and it would be a real pain to have to replace the patress box does anyone
> know where I could source such a thing?
>
> Thanks.

Nothing to replacing a pattress box. Did you mean a backing box? Not
much to replacing that, either

And there is a chance it has the right holes for a normal front already,
as well

--
In a Time of Universal Deceit, Telling the Truth Is a Revolutionary Act.

- George Orwell

--

You mean it could have 4 holes left right up middle down middle.....I never
thought of that I will have a look

I mean the steel box that is inset into the wall. I done my whole flat 30
years ago when I changed all my sockets into double sockets (2 gang) but I
am old now and no energy left I am just looking for the easy way out lol.

Thanks for the input though I will certainly check it out.

Re: Old 2 gang wall socket with vertical screw holes

<l8q32eF6ltiU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=129273&group=uk.d-i-y#129273

From: junk@admac.myzen.co.uk (alan_m)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2024 16:39:58 +0100
 by: alan_m - Tue, 23 Apr 2024 15:39 UTC

On 23/04/2024 16:04, Lilly the punk wrote:
> I need a 2 gang wall socket for my kitchen but the one I need to replace
> has a screw in the middle of it top and bottom instead of left and right
> and it would be a real pain to have to replace the patress box does
> anyone know where I could source such a thing?
>
> Thanks.

Is it a metal back box?

If so fit a couple of back box repair clips to the horizontal sides
(various sellers - just Google back box repair clip)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8ahk-z-yb8

Re: Old 2 gang wall socket with vertical screw holes

<v08lht$1n1m2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=129274&group=uk.d-i-y#129274

From: sugarplum@protonmail.invalid (Lilly the punk)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2024 16:53:28 +0100
 by: Lilly the punk - Tue, 23 Apr 2024 15:53 UTC

"alan_m" wrote in message news:l8q32eF6ltiU1@mid.individual.net...

On 23/04/2024 16:04, Lilly the punk wrote:
> I need a 2 gang wall socket for my kitchen but the one I need to replace
> has a screw in the middle of it top and bottom instead of left and right
> and it would be a real pain to have to replace the patress box does
> anyone know where I could source such a thing?
>
> Thanks.

Is it a metal back box?

If so fit a couple of back box repair clips to the horizontal sides
(various sellers - just Google back box repair clip)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8ahk-z-yb8

Alan that's superb thanks a lot that'll do nicely!

aus+uk / uk.d-i-y / Old 2 gang wall socket with vertical screw holes