Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2023 12:58:28 -0500
From: thevidiotwrites@gmail.com (TheVidiot)
Subject: Re: Comic "Box of Doom," 1952 - does anyone know it?
Newsgroups: alt.horror
 by: TheVidiot - Tue, 18 Apr 2023 17:58 UTC

On 1/1/2023 10:26 PM, Lenona wrote:
> I'm surprised that I ever got to see it, as a kid, since the comic was created long before I was born.
>
> I'm ALSO surprised it didn't give me nightmares. But it's no surprise that I remembered it well enough to google the right key phrases - over 40 years later!
>
> (The phrases I remembered were from page 3.)
>
> https://thefanaticfour.wordpress.com/2017/07/16/venus-no-19-1952-atlasmarvel/

Not a comic that I've read before. Not sure if I've read or even heard
of the Venus comic previously.

If you haven't already and want a more modern take on the classic horror
comics of yesteryear, check out Shudder Magazine.

http://www.shuddermagazine.com/

To give you some idea of the influences on Shudder, it use to be called
Creeps magazine and is published by Warrant.

The Vidiot

arts / alt.horror / Re: Comic "Box of Doom," 1952 - does anyone know it?