Newsgroups: rec.music.experimental
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 20:25:25 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Anthony Moore interview, experimental instruments article
From: jgross@pipeline.com (Jason Gross)
 by: Jason Gross - Wed, 1 Feb 2023 04:25 UTC

Greetings,

In the latest issue of Perfect Sound Forever <http://www.furious.com/perfect/index0223.html>, you'll find (among other things):

EXPERIMENTAL MUSIC ON TRADITIONAL INSTRUMENTS
A daring concept?, by Wes Way
"Breaking free from the confines of conventional structures is a fine and good thing to do, and I'm glad to be part of that struggle. I understand why someone would choose to make music with a sewing machine, a vibrator in a bucket or a rewired Teddy Ruxpin doll, but I'm not convinced that the full range of possibilities have been wrung out of the plain old electric six-string."

ANTHONY MOORE
Interview: major label-dom & Pink Floyd collab, by Jason Gross
"Once again, we continue with an annual tradition of checking in with singer/composer/multi-instrumentalist/educator Anthony Moore and finding a bit more about his storied career. After finding out about his early years with Slapp Happy and Henry Cow, his experimental solo albums and his monumental recently-reissued album 'Flying Doesn't Help,' we move on to his '80's work, including a hook up with a major label and collaborating with a certain well-known UK band."

We also have a Spotify playlist with most of the artists above here:
<https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3VH7jq8TFfZIfyz8gXYeK2?si=1cb3635a00ce4041>

We're always looking for good writers and/or ideas so let us know if you have anything to share.

See you online,
Jason

arts / rec.music.experimental / Anthony Moore interview, experimental instruments article