From: emailTHIS@fractalicious.com (Band Beyond Youall)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gdead
Subject: Blues for Shecky
Date: 2 Jan 2024 12:17:39 GMT
 by: Band Beyond Youall - Tue, 2 Jan 2024 12:17 UTC

Legendary comedian Shecky Greene dies on New Year’s Eve aged 97

https://metro.co.uk/2023/12/31/shecky-greene-legendary-comedian-vegas-headliner-dies-aged-97-20046471/?ico=more_text_links

Greene made 40 appearances on The Tonight Show and appeared on The Merv
Griffin Show, where he guest-hosted too.

In his later years, Greene struggled with stage fright, with panic attacks
preventing him from performing to audiences for several years.

‘I was a manic depressive,’ he said in 2009.

‘Then I developed panic attacks, and I worked with people who never knew
it. I’d get a standing ovation, then I’d burst out crying as soon as I left
the stage.

‘I wanted to get out of show business so bad at that time. But when you’re
making $100,000 a week and supporting 12 bookies and a wife — it’s
difficult.’

arts / rec.music.gdead / Blues for Shecky