From: dcg_brian@hotmail.com (Brian Smith)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Subject: Jeff Probst says they have not come up with plan for Survivor 50 yet
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 13:05:14 -0600
 by: Brian Smith - Wed, 24 Apr 2024 19:05 UTC

Jeff Probst says they have not come up with plan for Survivor 50 yet

The host notes that trying to top the season 40 all-winners edition is a
tall task.

By Dalton Ross

Published on April 24, 2024 11:30AM EDT

The best Survivor players have to balance being present in the moment
with thinking several moves ahead in the future. In a way, Survivor
viewers are no different. While fans can currently enjoy making their
own Q Skirts, engaging in high-stakes games of hide-and-seek, and
binging reruns of The Andy Griffith Show, they also love to debate and
discuss what might come next for their favorite reality competition
franchise.

With Jeff Probst telling Entertainment Weekly before Survivor 46 began
on CBS that there would be no returning players through season 48,
attention has turned to what could be seen as the biggest installment
ever — Survivor 50. Fans have been theorizing what could be in store for
the landmark season. Could it be another fan-voted Second Chance? Might
it be Old Era vs. New Era? Perhaps a season full of runner-ups (after
season 40 was all winners)?

While fans have been busy casting their various dream seasons, there is
one person who has no idea what season 50 will be, and it is the man
most responsible for making the show — host and showrunner Probst.

“We have not come up with our idea for 50 yet,” Probst tells EW. It’s
not that the crew is not excited about hitting the big 5-0, and all
indications are that something special will be in store (unlike season
25, which brought only three players back, and season 30, which was all
newbies). However, there is simply too much show to produce before they
get there.

“Obviously, we think about it,” Probst says. “But I think it's easier to
think about it when you're writing about Survivor rather than when
you're producing it.” (Tough, but fair.)

The host notes that there are three other seasons that need his
attention before he can even think about hitting the half-century mark.
“We still have 47, 48, and 49, and you might think I'm deflecting, but I
don't. To me, those are stress-inducing problems. What are we going to
do in 47? What are we going to do in 48? What are we going to do in 49?”

But Probst acknowledges that something special does need to be in store
when they finally do hit the magic number. “Then, if we get to 50, what
are we going to do? And how do you top Winners at War? What is the idea
that would be fun to do?”

The host is blunt with the answer to his rhetorical question: “I don't
know. We’re working on it, dreaming about it a lot. Don't have the
answer yet.”

Of course, it should be noted that team Survivor committed to the
all-winners concept of season 40 pretty late in the process, after
feeling out other potential returning player themes before settling on
the champion edition. And there is plenty of time to bat around
different ideas considering season 50 will not start filming until
around Memorial Day, 2025 — and then airing in early 2026.

So it may be a while before Probst and Co. know what Survivor 50 will
actually be. But that doesn’t mean we’ll stop asking him.

Source: https://ew.com/survivor-jeff-probst-no-plan-for-season-50-8637112

--
Brian

Re: Jeff Probst says they have not come up with plan for Survivor 50 yet

<v0c713$2jutt$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

http://rslight.i2p/arts/article-flat.php?id=1645&group=alt.tv.survivor#1645

From: rick@nospam.com (Rick)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 20:10:10 -0400
 by: Rick - Thu, 25 Apr 2024 00:10 UTC

"Brian Smith" wrote in message news:v0bl5b$2fud3$1@dont-email.me...

> [...]
>we going to do? And how do you top Winners at War? What is the idea that
>would be fun to do?”
>
>The host is blunt with the answer to his rhetorical question: “I don't
>know. We’re working on it, dreaming about it a lot. Don't have the answer
>yet.”
>
>Of course, it should be noted that team Survivor committed to the
>all-winners concept of season 40 pretty late in the process, after feeling
>out other potential returning player themes before settling on the champion
>edition. And there is plenty of time to bat around different ideas
>considering season 50 will not start filming until around Memorial Day,
>2025 — and then airing in early 2026.
>
>So it may be a while before Probst and Co. know what Survivor 50 will
>actually be. But that doesn’t mean we’ll stop asking him.

Following up on my previous post on a possible season 50 theme, it occurs to
me that they could do a combination of the All-Winners concept, the fans
voting for favorites concept and my idea of an international Survivor
All-Star season. For example, have fans in the US, Australia and South
Africa vote for their favorites among winners only and choose, say the top
five finishers in each poll. NZ only had two seasons, so let both of those
winners participate and alow the recent UK Season winner to participate.
That would give you 18 players. If the UK or either NZ winner can't make
it, grab more from the other countries.

There would obviously be a lot of logistical issues with pulling it all
together, but I think it can be done. Two US players have already
participated in Australian Survivor, so the idea of mix and matching from
different countries is already out there.

A neat part of this for US fans would be to vote for their favorite winners
and only picking the top five or so. Who would get the most votes? Tony?
Sandra? Boston Rob? One of the New Era winners (hopefully not Gabler)? I
really have no idea, but the anticipation would be pretty cool.

Chances of this happening are probably pretty slim, but it is the one thing
I can think of that could top the excitement of S40.

That's my dime...

--

arts / alt.tv.survivor / Re: Jeff Probst says they have not come up with plan for Survivor 50 yet